Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gay ring enterances
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
I just thought of this thread while posting about how much I hated Cory Spinks' ring enterance for the second Zab Judah fight..Shit pissed me off..hahaha..

Name some of your own most hated.
Col Reb
I remember when Oscar first came in the ring with a mariachi band. Larry Merchant said "this sucks!". Priceless.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Aug 13 2010, 12:42 AM) *
I remember when Oscar first came in the ring with a mariachi band. Larry Merchant said "this sucks!". Priceless.

I remember that lol. Didn't he get fined or something for that?

I've never minded Spinks entrances especially when he would go out and put on a boxing clinic. I just hated those ugly ass faces he made after winning. Now that's whats gay.
Warlord
I concur with everyone about Cory Spinks's faggot-ass ring entrances and gay-ass post-fight facial expressions.

There's nothing worse than an ugly-as-fuck boxer with ZERO power dancing to the ring. Man, I don't even remember which of the countless times it was that he done this, but I remember clearly the turning point that converted me into a full-fledge hater of this man. He was dancing with that ugly face of his and these HUGE ass boxing gloves just engulfing his puny arms and I'm like... WTF???

You know, I almost feel guilty at how much I hate this guy for no real good reason, and I wish you guys would stop bringing him up, lol. laugh.gif

Another fighter with a gay ass entrance is Winky Wright coming to the ring dressed like a fucking business man, wearing a suit and shit. GODDAMN!!!

Lennox Lewis and his confused ass coming out with like a billion different national flags (all of whom he claims heritage from) is hilarious as well. Come on Lennox, pick one for Christ's sake. Are you Canadian, English, or Jamaican? Jesus. Him switching accents during mid-interview was gay as fuck too.

Mike Tyson had the best entrances. No robe, no socks, just black trunks, black shoes, and pure intimidation.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 13 2010, 01:10 AM) *
Mike Tyson had the best entrances. No robe, no socks, just black trunks, black shoes, and pure intimidation.

Hell his music was even intimidating.
Romulus9
Pretty much every Hamed entrance was queer as hell.

What's sad is that there were times when the entrance was more entertaining than the fight. I remember on Halloween night 1998 when he had some big gay entrance that went on for two or three hours, then ran from Wayne McCullough for 12 rounds.

He reminds me of Hatton in the sense that we heard about him for years, he gets to the United States, and then quickly fizzles out after one interesting performance (vs. Kevin Kelley).

GOD it was fun watching Barrera kick his sorry ass.
Lil-lightsout
Easily the most annoying ring entrances with his gay ass hair cuts was that fuck face Jorge Paez. I swear with his smug face always pissed me off. Man I hated that fag.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 13 2010, 01:35 AM) *
Also one that was gay, but I found funny and ok because it was so unique and european was when Abraham came out to some kind of smurfs hat song, the music and everything about it was strange.

LOL!! I remember that. Good one.

WTF was he thinking?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 13 2010, 01:33 AM) *
I was watching this show a while back and they showed Paez. It was before the fight, he was in the middle of the ring with a lollipop or something in his mouth. He was doing this dance to some latin music and ended it while opening his robe or something. It was so gay, but I couldn't stop laughing. He looked like such a cocky, arrogant, gay cunt. But I couldn't completely hate on him, because he had charisma while doing it, lol.

Oh man I have not thought of this prick in a long time. I am just getting worked up right now thinking of him. I remember my Dad used to laugh when I would curse Paez out on the TV during his fights, I would tell my Dad I just want to hit this fag in the chin with one free shot. He was the most disrespectful fighter I ever saw. One time between rounds he kissed the ring card girl. Also, one of my favorites back in the day was Calvin Grove. Paez beat him in Mexico in a bull ring with shady scoring, and then KO'd Grove in the rematch. So I really hated this guy.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 13 2010, 01:44 AM) *
Oh man I have not thought of this prick in a long time. I am just getting worked up right now thinking of him. I remember my Dad used to laugh when I would curse Paez out on the TV during his fights, I would tell my Dad I just want to hit this fag in the chin with one free shot. He was the most disrespectful fighter I ever saw. One time between rounds he kissed the ring card girl. Also, one of my favorites back in the day was Calvin Grove. Paez beat him in Mexico in a bull ring with shady scoring, and then KO'd Grove in the rematch. So I really hated this guy.

I have a nice Paez DVD set. At least the fights were entertaining.

The two fights with Grove were both classics, and he fought EVERYONE in his weight classes back then.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 13 2010, 01:56 AM) *
I have a nice Paez DVD set. At least the fights were entertaining.

The two fights with Grove were both classics, and he fought EVERYONE in his weight classes back then.

No doubt he was a showman and put on entertaining fights. Does not change the fact I hated him and his cockiness, and he was a dirty fighter too. I did enjoy his fight with Oscar a lot.
King Eugene
I'm waiting on somebody to come out to "Go Hard In The Paint."

I like listening to that joint while I'm training.
Warlord
Tell you what I hated, born and bred American fighters coming out to goddamn Mariachi music with sombreros and shit, trying to make themselves appealing to that loyal and lucrative Mexican fanbase. I'm looking square at you Oscar Ga La Hoya and Fernando Vargas (who I actually like, btw.)

Hate that shit to no end.
Warlord
I used to love to hate Naseem Hamed too, cause he was such a cocky little ugly arrogant bastard. Coming out on magic carpets and flipping over the ring ropes and shit. But now I miss his dumb ass. He was pretty fucking funny. Seeing Barrera bounce his head off the turnbuckle WWE-style was epic.
Method
Trinidad vs Hopkins

Spinks vs Judah II

Roy Jones dressed up like Captain Hook

John Ruiz dressed up like a pimp.
Keith

Roy Jones rapping to the ring. It wouldnt of been so gay if he could rap... but he couldnt. And the damn mic made him look like he was working at the Gap.
lloyd mayflower
I thought the way Clottey danced to the ring for Pacquiao was gay. Specially given the performance that followed
Mean Mister Mustard
Speaking of Paez, didn't he go into the ring once dressed as a nun?
oozemcbuck
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 13 2010, 10:47 AM) *
I thought the way Clottey danced to the ring for Pacquiao was gay. Specially given the performance that followed

I thought it was an Akon video...

Dam, I forget who it was, (maybe Abraham's first US televised fight ?) but it was in Europe and the guy came out to "Macho Man" Randy Savage's theme music !! That was some funny shiet !!!

Don't forget that Mayweather/Gladiator one. A bunch of roided-up doods with no shirts and wearing skirts carrying him !! G-G-G-G GAY UNIT !!!
PR316
Spinks vs Judah II... That was just disgraceful.

Trinidad's entrance against Hopkins mostly because of that damn outfit he was wearing. The Spanish rap song he came out to was actually pretty tight. But that gay ass vest that was too small for him plus the police hat was not a good look.

Derrell Coley's entrance against De La Hoya. It was like he was on ecstasy or something....

Jack 1000
The three that come to mind. ( In no particular order.)

Paez, Camacho Sr, and Hamed. Almost more show and substance than many could tolerate. The noted delays in ring entrances are very frustrating to an opponent waiting in the wings, while the star shows home movies or performs some light show shit. The focus for boxing should be for both combatants to get in the ring and fight. Ring entrances don't need a 30 minute walk, song, dance, and fashion show before the matches.

Jack
JonnyBlaze
If anyone wants to bring more torture(after thinking about these enterances) to this thread,post the videos..hahaha..

The Roy Jones "Captain Hook" thing was really gay..hahaha..Roy is the man and I'm glad he started promoting his own fights finally but that shit was weak..

John Ruiz as a pimp??Kinda funny actually..
thisneverworks
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 13 2010, 01:13 AM) *
Hell his music was even intimidating.

When Tyson walked out to "Time 4 Sum Aksion" by Redman it was orgasmic. Yep, I said it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 13 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Here is a bit of the Abraham entrance I mentioned earlier.

Am I correct in understanding that the Smurfs were actually created in Germany? Even so why would you want to dress up as one. I ceratinly don't remember Punchy Smurf.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 13 2010, 07:14 PM) *
Here is a bit of the Abraham entrance I mentioned earlier.

Wow that was surreal.
King Eugene
Clottey danced to the ring like it was a ceremonial ritual before getting circumcised with a knife made out of bamboo. He should be ashamed of himself after that damn performance. Hey I guess he figured since it was his last big pay day why not go out with a bang...or lack thereof.

The hardest ring entrance ever was Ivan Drago before his fight with Creed. The fucka was already in the ring when they brung it up. laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 14 2010, 01:29 AM) *
Clottey danced to the ring like it was a ceremonial ritual before getting circumcised with a knife made out of bamboo. He should be ashamed of himself after that damn performance. Hey I guess he figured since it was his last big pay day why not go out with a bang...or lack thereof.

The hardest ring entrance ever was Ivan Drago before his fight with Creed. The fucka was already in the ring when they brung it up. laugh.gif

Drago was awesome, I still can't believe how Rocky beat him laugh.gif I woulda liked to see Drago against Clubber Lang, that would've been a pick 'em fight.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 14 2010, 01:39 AM) *
Drago was awesome, I still can't believe how Rocky beat him laugh.gif I woulda liked to see Drago against Clubber Lang, that would've been a pick 'em fight.

Clubber's entrance was hilarious, shoving the camerman on the way, and then talking shit to Apollo just before trouncing Balboa.

"Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens messin around in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off. You wanna jump, JUMP! Come on! Come on, Creed!"

Hahahaha.

And of course, who could forget his serenade for Adrian in front of the Museum steps.

Hey, Woman. Hey, Woman! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man."
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 14 2010, 02:56 AM) *
Clubber's entrance was hilarious, shoving the camerman on the way, and then talking shit to Apollo just before trouncing Balboa.

"Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens messin around in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face before I knock it off. You wanna jump, JUMP! Come on! Come on, Creed!"

Hahahaha.

And of course, who could forget his serenade for Adrian in front of the Museum steps.

Hey, Woman. Hey, Woman! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man."

I loved Clubber Lang he was my favourite Rocky opponent. I know it's quite not gay ring entrance but that slo-mo shot of Rocky and Apollo after their sprint on the beach in Rocky 3 is pretty damn gay. I wish Fitz could make a gif of that.
Big Slim Sweet
Anyone remember when Vernon Forest came out for the first Mayorga fight rapping? Right off I was thinking, 'Uh-oh, this dude might be in trouble tonight.'

Wladmir or Vitali Klitschko (can't remember which, maybe both) coming out to Hotel California when they fought in Los Angeles wasn't so much gay as it was stupid. And coming out to Tina Turner is gay period, even if the song is called Simply The Best.
Method
Rocky & Apollo jumping around in knee deep water locked in an embrace was P4P the GAYEST boxing moment of all time.

Why dont we make a gayest P4P list.

1. Rocky and Apollo
2. Corey Spinks vs Judah II
3. Trinidad vs. Hopkins

To be fair, I cringed in my fucking seat when Hopkins came out to that white cat singing a custom version of Sinatra's "My Way" in the Jones rematch. That was horrific. I get that it was Elvis' original backup singers in the ring and all, but that point wasnt conveyed to well at the time of the performance. I found out a few days later. I felt better about it, but in the moment, I was embarrassed for him.

BrutalBodyShots
Either Klitschko coming into Tina Turner's "SIMPLY THE BEST" music.
caneman
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 14 2010, 09:50 AM) *
Either Klitschko coming into Tina Turner's "SIMPLY THE BEST" music.

FOR REALZ! It should have been "I touch myself" pffft! nuff said!
Romulus9
Brian Nielsen used to walk to the ring with Month Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" playing.

Yeah.

He did.

Every time.
caneman
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 14 2010, 10:58 AM) *
Brian Nielsen used to walk to the ring with Month Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" playing.

Yeah.

He did.

Every time.

How is WVU gonna do this year? USA today has the Canes @ #13 in their pre season poll! I wish I didn't leave the paper in Ft Walton Beach....sucks, I wanted to read it! I love College Football!
salvador
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 13 2010, 08:18 PM) *
Am I correct in understanding that the Smurfs were actually created in Germany? Even so why would you want to dress up as one. I ceratinly don't remember Punchy Smurf.

I don't speak German so I can't say for sure, but I don't think he was supposed to be a smurf. I think he was making a statement about the importance of safe sex and his hat was supposed to be the tip of a used condom.
Method
Who, Franz Botha?
Romulus9
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 14 2010, 11:10 AM) *
How is WVU gonna do this year? USA today has the Canes @ #13 in their pre season poll! I wish I didn't leave the paper in Ft Walton Beach....sucks, I wanted to read it! I love College Football!

All depends on the offensive line. If they've progressed, and all indications are that they have, there's not a game on the schedule that isn't at least a toss-up... even the game at LSU.

Looking forward to a great season. We've got a TON of weapons!

I think Miami beats Ohio State in week 2 as well.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 14 2010, 09:36 AM) *
Rocky & Apollo jumping around in knee deep water locked in an embrace was P4P the GAYEST boxing moment of all time.

Why dont we make a gayest P4P list.

1. Rocky and Apollo
2. Corey Spinks vs Judah II
3. Trinidad vs. Hopkins

To be fair, I cringed in my fucking seat when Hopkins came out to that white cat singing a custom version of Sinatra's "My Way" in the Jones rematch. That was horrific. I get that it was Elvis' original backup singers in the ring and all, but that point wasnt conveyed to well at the time of the performance. I found out a few days later. I felt better about it, but in the moment, I was embarrassed for him.

I don't know exactly where he fits but Roy's gay ass pirate Capt Hook persona against Lacy needs to be in the top 10, as does Floyd's homo gladiator and certainly a Hamed entrance (take your pick) should be there as well. I don't know if many of you guys ever saw Eubank's entrances, always in the latter part of his career to Simply the Best, but he used to do some pretty weird homo shaping type moves.
PR316
^^^^^I hated all of Hamed's entrances so its hard to pick just one.

But I guess we can make a case for his flying carpet act when he fought Vuyani Bungu. That was absolutely EMBARASSING.

Oscar De La Hoya against Patrick Charpentier was gay as hell also, coming in dressed as a Mariachi or some bullshit like that.
Romulus9
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 14 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Oscar De La Hoya against Patrick Charpentier was gay as hell also, coming in dressed as a Mariachi or some bullshit like that.

It's not easy to out-gay a Frenchman but ol' Fishnets sure managed to do it that night.

Sad.

Of course, Charpentier's performance that night was every bit as gay as Oscar's entrance, so it ended up a draw.
caneman
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 14 2010, 04:07 PM) *
All depends on the offensive line. If they've progressed, and all indications are that they have, there's not a game on the schedule that isn't at least a toss-up... even the game at LSU.

If we beat OSU up there, we'll beat everyone...you know what check that, SHOULD BEAT EVERYONE! We both know that in college football, if you don't bring that A game every time out, you will lose! That's why I wish we would get rid of the soft touches on our schedule and play the Gators & Bama ever year! It is what made us the best team in the last 30 years! It just makes you more battle tested! I just wish Ray Ray Armsrong would turn into the Sean Taylor type of guy we thought he was gonna be! We need a guy like him to pull up tough and make big plays on every side on the ball!

As far as WVU goes, they have been able to run on anyone for a few years now...if y'all ever get to the point that you can run & pass equally well, y'all will be in the running for a National Championship on a yearly bases IMO!
King Eugene
Its all about THE U!!!

I've always been a WVU fan. Loved their style of offense with Rich.

Roy Jones dressing up like a damn Pirate was funny as hell and suspect at the same time.

DLH should have never put on those damn stockings...

...and Hamed dancing to the ring was funny and entertaining the first couple of times but got annoying after that. Glad Barrera got in that ass!
Al Hata
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 14 2010, 04:07 PM) *

Rutgers 28 WVU 17. In Morgantown.

Book it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.