Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawson vs. Pascal
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Keith

I have Dawson winning comfortably by UD. Although it might be closer on the cards due to it being in Pascal's backyard.

Dawson owns Pascal with his height/length and jab. Pascal also has the added detraction of coming off surgery.

Thoughts?
caneman
I got Dawson by UD but he better have his conditioning right or he will get beat! I say 115-113ish!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Keith @ Aug 14 2010, 10:04 AM) *
I have Dawson winning comfortably by UD. Although it might be closer on the cards due to it being in Pascal's backyard.

Dawson owns Pascal with his height/length and jab. Pascal also has the added detraction of coming off surgery.

Thoughts?

Jean Pascal has a lot of talent but he seems to rely a lot on it, as opposed to focusing on a gameplan. Against Dawson he will be facing a guy who is technically superior and has a hell of a jab, which is what Carl Froch used to beat Pascal with. Like you said Keith, that is going to be the difference here.

The intriguing factor is going to be whether Pascal's speed can offset Dawson's and whether he can land straight right hands (the preffered weapon against a southpaw).

Dawson has been saying that he's going to walk Pascal down and I'm wondering whether it's justa ploy to confuse Pascal or whether he truly thinks he needs to put on a good fight in order ot become a big attraction. I think it would be a dumb move for him to try and brawl with pascal. Maybe Muhammad believes that Pascal cannot fight on the inside but why take the risk? Especially when his fighter has shown he can only fight in spots (talking about Dawson here although Pascal fights ins spots too). All this talk about Dawson not being entertaining might get to Dawson, but he should not have to worry about that too much. He should simply stick to his style, keep winning and eventually other big fights will come. Longetivity and consistency count for something.

Lastly, I mentioned that both guys fight in spots; they flurry and then move and hold. The difference is that Dawson can pump the jab while he's not flurrying. Dawson UD.
The CEO
Pascal's in way over his head, but I wouldn't be surprised if they rob Dawson up there...

I'll go ahead and say Dawson by KO though...I sense he's gonna go out there to make a statement tonight...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Pascal is a really fast fighter, and that speed could give Dawson problems. However, I think Dawson has the better skills and enough speed of his own to beat Pascal. Pascal was given problems by Froch and Dianconu at times, and Dawson is one step above that level. Dawson needs to keep that jab out there, or else Pascal's speed could come into play. I see a competitive fight, with Dawson winning a comfortable decision. However, like CEO said, I hope they don't rob him up there.
JD
Give me the upset...close fight, tough to call.

Pascal by a close decision.
Jack 1000
Dawson by SD, with a possible home-court advantage for Pascal leading to the split decision. I'll say it will be:

115-113 Dawson
116-112 Pascal
115-113 Dawson

A draw is a possibility too. This could be one of those 115-113 7-5 for either fighter type of fights. However, I think if Chad gets robbed, it's "What Goes Around, Comes Around" for him in this situation for getting a unanimus decision gift in the first Johnson fight.

Jack
JD
Man...I am alone on this one.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 14 2010, 08:15 PM) *

Don't worry SENTRAL should be along soon to cast a vote laugh.gif Dawson by UD, he doesn't seem to knock guys out at this level. I am hoping Pascal puts some pressure on him though and brings out a little more in Dawson than we've seen recently.
Rivado
Voted Dawson by SD.

I've never seen Pascal in action and think Dawson is a good solid fighter but not great.
JD
16-1...

This is getting ugly.
PR316
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 14 2010, 08:15 PM) *

Not quite.

Got Pascal on a close UD here.

I think he'll outwork Dawson down the stretch. Bad Chad tends take his foot off the gas and fight a bit too defensive at times.

JD
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 14 2010, 09:18 PM) *
Not quite.

Got Pascal on a close UD here.

I think he'll outwork Dawson down the stretch. Bad Chad tends take his foot off the gas and fight a bit too defensive at times.

But where is your vote?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 14 2010, 08:23 PM) *
But where is your vote?

JD desperate for friends laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 14 2010, 09:28 PM) *
JD desperate for friends laugh.gif

LOL...man, it's lonely being that single vote.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 14 2010, 08:31 PM) *
LOL...man, it's lonely being that single vote.

But think of the glory if Pascal wins.
PR316
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 14 2010, 09:23 PM) *
But where is your vote?

Lol... Fuck. Accidentally picked Dawson on poll.

Could you help me with that one, man?
HaydelHammer
fk it...I'll take pascal 6rd KO.

now let me finish my drink........
D-MARV
Dawson... Clearly.
Keith
Has the fight started? I can't watch it tonight.
KOpower
I have it 39-37 for Pascal. Pascal really hasn't done much, but he is doing enough to win the rounds. Very sloppy fight for both guys so far.
KOpower
Dawson needs to be more active. When he throws, he is the better man. He is waiting for Pascal to make his move right now.
The CEO
and JD and PR are The Heros of The Month...

Sweet picks, guys.

I almost forgot you, Hammer...Sweet Drunk "Fuck It" Pick...lol
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 15 2010, 12:11 AM) *
and JD and PR are The Heros of The Month...

Sweet picks, guys.

I almost forgot you, Hammer...Sweet Drunk "Fuck It" Pick...lol

Correct CEO, kudos to those gentlemen. Sometimes it pays not to walk with the flock LOL

It is not totally unexpected. We all know Dawson can get outworked and is prone to coasting, where I was wrong was in thinking that if he was pressured it would bring out the best in him and he would rise to a new level. Evidently, as Mr Tyson might say, I was wrong laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 14 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Correct CEO, kudos to those gentlemen. Sometimes it pays not to walk with the flock LOL

It is not totally unexpected. We all know Dawson can get outworked and is prone to coasting, where I was wrong was in thinking that if he was pressured it would bring out the best in him and he would rise to a new level. Evidently, as Mr Tyson might say, I was wrong laugh.gif

The reason I picked Dawson to win was because I though he would outwork Pascal, who also fights in spots. Damn.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 15 2010, 01:51 AM) *
The reason I picked Dawson to win was because I though he would outwork Pascal, who also fights in spots. Damn.

Then we were both wrong for different reasons. Dayum. Ha ha.
SENTRAL
Missed the fight, missed my chance to gain a lil bit of kudos on this forum though I did have Pascal winning this in the prediction tourney. wink.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 15 2010, 01:24 AM) *
Missed the fight, missed my chance to gain a lil bit of kudos on this forum though I did have Pascal winning this in the prediction tourney. wink.gif

Well I did tell JD you would be along to help him out on that one. Instead he had to rely on PR who accidentally cast his vote for Dawson and Hayedhammer who made a drunken pick laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.