Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That Gomi is the man
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
BigG
I'd love to see this guy fight for the title soon
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 14 2010, 11:38 PM) *
I'd love to see this guy fight for the title soon

You mean Takanori Gomi? I like Gomi. He's Japanese, he can punch, and he's a former Pride fighter. All pluses in my book.

But realistically, he's pretty much done in terms of being a top-tier fighter. He's fought BJ Penn and lost already, he couldn't get past Kenny Florian... I mean, it's pretty much been written on the wall.

Again, he's a good guy and he packs a good punch and I'd LOVE to see him make some noise at Lightweight. I just don't see it happening.
BigG
^ I just saw him KO Tyson Griffin (first man to do that) and he looked good. I didn't catch the Florian or BJ Penn fights but he looks like a good fightre to me. I like that he's mostly a stand up fighter...kinda like the smaller japanese Wanderlei Silva.
kidbazooka1
Gomi was the sh*t a few yrs ago but before the Tyson win he got schooled by Florian. Don't know if he could make a run at the title but im sure he has a few more good wins left in him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.