Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you all think of this fight??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
Opinions on each fighter--necessary..Watch both videos to see all 4 rounds..Did anyone see this live??

If ya look hard enough,you might see me..hahaha..I got to meet Teddy Atlas and he basically said the same exact thing I said about why he held off on the Klitchko fight..He wanted a little more time with Povetkin before he sent him with the best..Atlas is the man..He said he had 2 minutes to run to the bathroom and come back but he said he to chat with me and my friend for a minute and give us autographs since he can't resist..hahaha..This guy loves his fans and furthers my opinion of why he's my favorite commentator and trainer today..Awesome guy!!

Romulus9
Atlas is top notch....

Unless you happen to be Donny Lalonde, in which case it's best to stay away from him.

Method
I love Teddy Atlas. I know he's not the most popular w everyone here, but I really do enjoy him.
rusty_trombone
After years of having varying opinions on Teddy Atlas, I thin I have settled on "He is a dickhead." Sorry to bash your boy Blaze, but you should stop palling around with dickheads.
Snoop
Atlas can come off as a d-bag sometimes, but I still believe that he's one of the only people in the game that actually cares about the betterment of boxing.
Keith

He says what he believes. He doesnt jerk anyone off for the sake of ratings.

I respect thateven if he's not the most exciting commentator.
Col Reb
Why did HBO never look at him as a commentator?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Aug 16 2010, 09:56 PM) *

because he is a retard.
JonnyBlaze
Ok,thanks for the opinions on Atlas..I wanted opinion on what everyone thought of each fighter here..So,anyone??
Snoop
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Aug 17 2010, 01:56 AM) *

I heard that he turned down a job at HBO.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 16 2010, 10:36 PM) *
Ok,thanks for the opinions on Atlas..I wanted opinion on what everyone thought of each fighter here..So,anyone??

So what do you want to know exactly? That both guys were nothing special. dntknw.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 17 2010, 04:46 AM) *
So what do you want to know exactly? That both guys were nothing special. dntknw.gif

Well one of em is a friend of mine and trains outta my gym..Not sayin which one though..Want actual opinions,then eventually I'll say..
Warlord
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 16 2010, 08:58 PM) *
because he is a retard.

Pretty much.

I can't stand Atlas. He's just as unobjective and has just as much of an agenda as any of the other commentators out there. Any interview he's ever done on Mike Tyson should be testament to that. And I don't care what his past with the man is either. On the air you keep it professional. That's why the fuck everyone hates Jim Grey's retarded ass.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 16 2010, 11:04 PM) *
I heard that he turned down a job at HBO.

yeah, he likes being on fnf's better, you know so he can watch emmanuel augustus fight live every 8 weeks. I mean, who wouldn't prefer watching the endless parade of shitbags ESPN puts on? The only thing good about FNF's is sometimes they asshole themselves into a decent interview or get someone cool in studio.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 17 2010, 07:57 AM) *
Well one of em is a friend of mine and trains outta my gym..Not sayin which one though..Want actual opinions,then eventually I'll say..

I'm gonna go out on a limb here blaze and guess the guy from Chicago is the one that trains out of your gym? I could be way off here, but......
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 17 2010, 07:57 AM) *

Hahaha. What Trombone said.

Anyway. I thought the other guy was better and your buddy was not that impressive, he got lucky with that last second KD. No offense dude. Still cool your friend got on TV.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 18 2010, 03:30 AM) *
Hahaha. What Trombone said.

Anyway. I thought the other guy was better and your buddy was not that impressive, he got lucky with that last second KD. No offense dude. Still cool your friend got on TV.

Yeah,he got lucky with that last second KD..This was his worst fight obviously..His footwork was off,he was leaning on his punches some,and he was lookin for big shot..I think it was the fact that he was on TV is what made him fight slightly different..He wanted to be impressive with a KO but that dude could take a good shot..Also,I've never seen him hurt or go down before,so that was crazy too..Not his last fight but the one before that one,he broke a guys ankle with a left hook right on the chin..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 18 2010, 04:09 PM) *
Yeah,he got lucky with that last second KD..This was his worst fight obviously..His footwork was off,he was leaning on his punches some,and he was lookin for big shot..I think it was the fact that he was on TV is what made him fight slightly different..He wanted to be impressive with a KO but that dude could take a good shot..Also,I've never seen him hurt or go down before,so that was crazy too..Not his last fight but the one before that one,he broke a guys ankle with a left hook right on the chin..

I was not trying to be a dick, just some constructive criticism. He just seemed a little robotic and his punches were not that fast. But like you said, being on TV definitely could have affected him(and his opponent was pretty good). Good luck to him in future fights.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 19 2010, 02:45 AM) *
I was not trying to be a dick, just some constructive criticism. He just seemed a little robotic and his punches were not that fast. But like you said, being on TV definitely could have affected him(and his opponent was pretty good). Good luck to him in future fights.

It's weird,he's actually pretty fast but wasn't in that fight..I remember talking to people about that..He just wasn't as loose with his punches that night..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 19 2010, 05:29 AM) *
It's weird,he's actually pretty fast but wasn't in that fight..I remember talking to people about that..He just wasn't as loose with his punches that night..

More importantly Jonny he kept that left way too low, the other due was looking for a right hand after about 30 seconds of the first round and your guy lunges a little too much with his right for my liking.

Here's the problem though, although the fight was correctly scored a draw I thought the other dude did more to lose it than Fiore did to win it. Avalya? took his foot off the pedal in the 2nd and looked like he was happy just to not get knocked down in the last and sure enough he paid the penalty for that defensive minded attitude in the last seconds of the fight. I don't doubt you when you say he normally looks better in the gym but equally I'm not sure I see much of a future for this guy.

Big plus points though for not giving up and finding away to pull it out of the fire.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 19 2010, 05:17 AM) *
More importantly Jonny he kept that left way too low, the other due was looking for a right hand after about 30 seconds of the first round and your guy lunges a little too much with his right for my liking.

Here's the problem though, although the fight was correctly scored a draw I thought the other dude did more to lose it than Fiore did to win it. Avalya? took his foot off the pedal in the 2nd and looked like he was happy just to not get knocked down in the last and sure enough he paid the penalty for that defensive minded attitude in the last seconds of the fight. I don't doubt you when you say he normally looks better in the gym but equally I'm not sure I see much of a future for this guy.

Big plus points though for not giving up and finding away to pull it out of the fire.

Thanks for your opinion..I know ya guys are just being honest which is what I want..He looks better in the gym and definitely looked better in past fights..

About lunging with his right,you're completely right..He works on that quite a bit and it's a hard habit to break but most fighters have that habit when they put something on their right hands..It was the leaning that got him knocked down in the first..It was definitely a surprise to see him go down..
rusty_trombone
Blaze, where is your trainer to comment on this? Johnny's Trainer, shouldn't you be saying something about this?
Spyder
Your friend reminds me of Anthony Bonsante from the first season of the Contender...all fights should have explosion sound FX by the way. lol

AussieLad
Not much of a future?

Please, for fucks sake.

The dude has 5 fights, no-one should have their career written off after 5 fights. This is exactly what is wrong with boxing, maybe he should have fought 20 bums in a row to protect the zero and get a title shot? He was fighting an equal calibre opponent, and came back after a knockdown to prevent a loss. That shows heart. He obviously has some power. He will continue to grow as a fighter, and good luck to him
AussieLad
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 20 2010, 04:18 AM) *
Your friend reminds me of Anthony Bonsante from the first season of the Contender...all fights should have explosion sound FX by the way. lol

Who the fuck has young kids at a fight watching their dad get pummelled?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 20 2010, 05:26 AM) *
Not much of a future?

Please, for fucks sake.

The dude has 5 fights, no-one should have their career written off after 5 fights. This is exactly what is wrong with boxing, maybe he should have fought 20 bums in a row to protect the zero and get a title shot? He was fighting an equal calibre opponent, and came back after a knockdown to prevent a loss. That shows heart. He obviously has some power. He will continue to grow as a fighter, and good luck to him

And why not? I've seen some guys after only 5 fights and you know they're gonna have a decent career. I didn't see it so much in that Fiore kid, so what's your fucken point?

I wish him luck too, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the guy. I actually think the other dude has more of a future and he's only fought about 5 times as well.
AussieLad
Suppose you would have written off hopkins after he lost his first fight... "never gonna amount to nothing"... rolleyes_anim.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 20 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Suppose you would have written off hopkins after he lost his first fight... "never gonna amount to nothing"... rolleyes_anim.gif

Yeah I just knew you were gonna bring that one up laugh.gif But wouldn't you agree Hopkins (in so many ways) is the exception not the norm?

But hell, if you think you just saw the new Hopkins can you pass me some of that stuff you're smoking? drinks.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 20 2010, 05:35 AM) *

The #1 Daddy!

AussieLad
LMAO
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 20 2010, 05:35 AM) *

I remember going to this one fight in Reading at the Sovereign Center. I forget who was the main event, but a Felix Trinidad relative fought a Reading fighter. The fighter from Reading was a local pro who was decent, just not in the Trinidad's league. I remember sitting right behing the Reading fighters wife and young son. Man when he got KO'd pretty bad in one of the early rounds, that kid was a crying wreck. It was horrible to watch, felt so bad for that little boy. The Dad came in the stands later to console his boy as he was crying hysterically. Definitely not a good idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.