Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marco Huck excitement machine
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I don't know if guys have seen many of Capt. Marco Huck's fights but he is a real excitement machine.

I haven't seen him in a boring fight yet. Sure he may possess a crude technique, fights kinda dirty with the all the finesse of a mack truck, but he is one of the few European fighters that I always enjoy watching. His fight with Cunningham was a classic and the guy wants to fight A LOT. Reminds me of Toney in the sense that he would fight almost every month if they would let him. On the plus side he has a ton of heart, hits hard and will come forward all night long. The dude has zero quit.

A well schooled guy will beat him, but so far he only owns the one loss and I think he is one of the few guys that could come to America and actually build a following.

If you haven't seen him, YouTube a few of his fights and settle back and enjoy the Pier-end brawler that is Capt. Huck.
Lil-lightsout
We need more fighters like him.
Box in Hand
He's tough with good fundamentals but he's a little too stiff for me. That European style has no finesse to it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 20 2010, 01:38 AM) *
He's tough with good fundamentals but he's a little too stiff for me. That European style has no finesse to it.

I know, I know there are def. some stuff he could work on, I just like his overall fighting mentality and aggression. He couldn't be in a boring fight if he tried.
SENTRAL
Absolutely zero finesse but thats what makes this guy a joy to watch. You know you'll see an exciting fight with Marco but if you're looking for technique and pure boxing ability, Huck won't float your boat.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 20 2010, 11:12 AM) *
Absolutely zero finesse but thats what makes this guy a joy to watch. You know you'll see an exciting fight with Marco but if you're looking for technique and pure boxing ability, Huck won't float your boat.

Exactly, Marco is like a fast food, ultimately no gourmet meal but it hits the spot and fills a gap.

The reason I bring him up is we've just seen a guy like Dawson who has all the physical and technical abilities in the world but without an once the the kind of killer mentality of Huck. Huck is so crude he fights on willpower and desire alone. I wish Chad could get that kind of fire, or Huck inherit Chad's natural abilities, that would be better. I hope Chad tunes in, so he can see the way a real fighter behaves.

I for one will certainly be tuning in to see Huck/Godfrey this weekend coz you know Marco won't be waiting for the 11th to pick up the pace. I hope he KO's him in 5.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 20 2010, 04:24 PM) *
Exactly, Marco is like a fast food, ultimately no gourmet meal but it hits the spot and fills a gap.

The reason I bring him up is we've just seen a guy like Dawson who has all the physical and technical abilities in the world but without an once the the kind of killer mentality of Huck. Huck is so crude he fights on willpower and desire alone. I wish Chad could get that kind of fire, or Huck inherit Chad's natural abilities, that would be better. I hope Chad tunes in, so he can see the way a real fighter behaves.

I for one will certainly be tuning in to see Huck/Godfrey this weekend coz you know Marco won't be waiting for the 11th to pick up the pace. I hope he KO's him in 5.

I see what you 2 are saying and I respect that. I watched him fight on Youtube and he seemed a little barbaric. I'll watch him this weekend to see if I can see what you all are talking about.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 20 2010, 06:48 PM) *
I see what you 2 are saying and I respect that. I watched him fight on Youtube and he seemed a little barbaric. I'll watch him this weekend to see if I can see what you all are talking about.

With Marco it's more about his mentality, he comes to fight! Did you see the Cunnigham fight? Even when he was badly hurt his first instinct was to come forward. Maybe not for the purists but he definately has that throwback mentality of a guy who will go out on his shield. Don't get me wrong I like watching a good techinical fight, but occasionally I just want to see a warrior.

Watch some more and keep in mind you're looking more at the attitude that he brings to the ring rather than the skill set, that is the only way you will appreciate someone like 'The Captain'.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 20 2010, 06:12 PM) *
With Marco it's more about his mentality, he comes to fight! Did you see the Cunnigham fight? Even when he was badly hurt his first instinct was to come forward. Maybe not for the purists but he definately has that throwback mentality of a guy who will go out on his shield. Don't get me wrong I like watching a good techinical fight, but occasionally I just want to see a warrior.

Watch some more and keep in mind you're looking more at the attitude that he brings to the ring rather than the skill set, that is the only way you will appreciate someone like 'The Captain'.

I didn't see the Cunningham fight but will look for it this weekend. I'll get back to you after Marco's fight and let you know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.