Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tomasz Adamek
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
I beginning to think that Adamek can give Klitschko the Younger some problems...
gravytrain
I think it'll be a competitive fight but Wlad or Vitali would win. If they fight in Germany[probably will] Adamek isn't getting a decision, I can't see him knocking one of them out either.

It'll be nice to watch someone try to get past the jab again though.
thehype
I don't think so. Grant was slow, lethargic and inactive, and yet, the few right hands he did land were able to wobble Adamek. Not to mention, from what I've seen of Adamek, he's not exactly that anxious to go to war with any of the heavyweights, nor is he that good of a boxer to keep his distance from all 12 rounds without taking serious damage. BOTH Klitschkos will wreck him...the fight will look no different than Klitschko vs. Chambers. Adamek will bitch out early in the fight and probably get stopped late.

I like his chances against David Haye A LOT more than I like his chances against either Klit.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 22 2010, 01:59 PM) *
I don't think so. Grant was slow, lethargic and inactive, and yet, the few right hands he did land were able to wobble Adamek.

Oh yeah, and Klitschko makes Ray Leonard look like molasses while throwing 10000 punches during the course of the fight.

I've *never* been impressed with Klitschko's lazy pawing jab. I think Adamek gets plenty of opportunities to counter it...

Hittman25
im a fan of adamaek but i think he gets koed by ne of the kilts but if those tall fuckers let tomasz hang around in a fight he might win a decsion i think tomasz is a really good boxer and might be able to keep his distance and win
JD
LOL...Naysayer likes every fighter that steps in the ring with Wlad.
JonnyBlaze
Grant CAN punch and is 260 lbs so I'm not jumping to any conclusions about Adamek vs. a Klitchko or Haye..I didn't see the fight but wish I did..So my thoughts are that Adamek can take a legit heavyweight punch..He may of been wobbled but he didnt go down..
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 22 2010, 03:30 PM) *
Grant CAN punch and is 260 lbs so I'm not jumping to any conclusions about Adamek vs. a Klitchko or Haye..I didn't see the fight but wish I did..So my thoughts are that Adamek can take a legit heavyweight punch..He may of been wobbled but he didnt go down..

No doubt that Grant had Adamek on the corner of Fishnets and Queer streets, but he managed to prevent Grant from landing any more meaningful punches while he was hurt...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Aug 22 2010, 03:49 PM) *
No doubt that Grant had Adamek on the corner of Fishnets and Queer streets, but he managed to prevent Grant from landing any more meaningful punches while he was hurt...

Good to know that happened..That's a mark of a good fighter..Even when hurt he is still able to think clear enough to continue to react to the rest of the bombs comin..
Mean Mister Mustard
Didn't see the fight but from what I read in the front page, Adamek didn't seem to be able to hurt Grant. That's to be expected from a guy who is a small heavyweight but how exaclty will Adamek beat either Klitshko? Knocking them out is out of the question, so if Adamek could somehow get in and out he might have a shot at outoworking them. Right now though, I'd pick either Klitshko to win.
JLUVBABY
i paid the $30 to watch last night and adamek isnt beating either klit and i would say gets bombed out by haye... if grant was anything like his former self he'd have won last night... he didnt really start fighting till like the 7th round if you wanna call what he did that late fighting... lol... but in my opinion he made the fight closer than what the judges had it scored late... a little closer that is...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 22 2010, 04:34 PM) *
Didn't see the fight but from what I read in the front page, Adamek didn't seem to be able to hurt Grant. That's to be expected from a guy who is a small heavyweight but how exaclty will Adamek beat either Klitshko? Knocking them out is out of the question, so if Adamek could somehow get in and out he might have a shot at outoworking them. Right now though, I'd pick either Klitshko to win.

I don't see many heavyweights outworking either Klitchko..Vitali had huge numbers in one of his last fights..I think he threw around 800-900 in the Arreola fight..Oh wait,it was the Kevin Johnson fight where Vitali threw 1013 punches..What heavyweight is going to be able to do that??Wlad has a solid pace too but doesn't go all out like he used to before Steward..

The Klitchkos in my opinion are 2 of the best conditioned heavyweights ever..Of all heavyweights in history at that height and weight,they ARE the best conditioned..

One thing I like about the Klitchkos is that they don't look for the KO but let it come..That's smart boxing..I'm not happy about both of their next opponents(Sam Peter and Shannon Briggs) but hopefully we get some more guys comin up the ranks..At least it is Wlad fighting Peter and not Vitali who owned his ass completely..Wlad was the first to rattle Peter and I think he's going to KO him real bad this time..
BGv2.0
Grant had literally YEARS of ring rust....despite his couple of recent wins....to say he has been inactive with decent HW compitition is an understatement...YET...he still managed to wobble this guy....who as far as I know has been wobbled with every guy he's fought thus far in the HW division...for sure with Arreola and now with Grant...I did not see the Golota fight so I can't say if he was or not...but Golota is even older than Grant.

He's too small to even think about tackling the Klits....and IMHO his defense is too lax to hold up with even smaller HWs.....I think Haye beats him as well as guys like Povitkin and Chambers....he would be their size...but his defense sucks.

Let's face it....he's beaten two dinosaurs and one fat guy....and 2 of those he went the distance with and was hurt on a few occasions....

I'm not at all impressed with him at HW....he is starting to build his own smoke and mirror James Toney facade IMHO.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 22 2010, 05:31 PM) *
I don't see many heavyweights outworking either Klitchko..Vitali had huge numbers in one of his last fights..I think he threw around 800-900 in the Arreola fight..Oh wait,it was the Kevin Johnson fight where Vitali threw 1013 punches..What heavyweight is going to be able to do that??Wlad has a solid pace too but doesn't go all out like he used to before Steward..

The Klitchkos in my opinion are 2 of the best conditioned heavyweights ever..Of all heavyweights in history at that height and weight,they ARE the best conditioned..

One thing I like about the Klitchkos is that they don't look for the KO but let it come..That's smart boxing..I'm not happy about both of their next opponents(Sam Peter and Shannon Briggs) but hopefully we get some more guys comin up the ranks..At least it is Wlad fighting Peter and not Vitali who owned his ass completely..Wlad was the first to rattle Peter and I think he's going to KO him real bad this time..

Yeah and it seems like no one can outbox them or outpunch them either so I guess we are stuck with them for a while.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 22 2010, 07:10 PM) *
Yeah and it seems like no one can outbox them or outpunch them either so I guess we are stuck with them for a while.

I like the Klitchkos so I have no problem with that.. thumbsup_anim.gif

One thing I do wish though is that we get some heavyweights to actually put up a fight with them..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 23 2010, 06:40 PM) *
I like the Klitchkos so I have no problem with that.. thumbsup_anim.gif

One thing I do wish though is that we get some heavyweights to actually put up a fight with them..

The only one I can see giving them trouble is Haye. Other than that it's the Klitshkos eating their feast, and throwing the scraps below the table for everyone else to fight over.
HaydelHammer
I see both klit brothers laying down that right hand behind their jab down on thomas dome, chest, neck..wherever .......where grant seemed to be hesitant and too damn nice to throw at all. Seemed as if he actually waited until the 10 second warning to throw punches at all during that match then later said it seemed the bell rung whenever he seemed to have thomas in trouble...no sh*t..YOU waited until the 10 second before you punched back round after round after round.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.