Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac vs Margarito.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Praximo
First off let me get two things str8 and point made...

1. Lets forget about Margarito's cowardly attempt on cheating with bricks in his gloves. 2. Lets not think that a 150LB catchweight will even effect Margarito on fight night.

ALRIGHT NOW! So my man Pacquiao is going back to becoming the Mexi-cutioner again. Now okay so we all know Margarito got his ass handed to him by Mosley. But why? Was it Brother Nazims brilliant master plan for Mosley to execute, which was to outbox Margarito and destroy him in the end? If so then Im sure Pac could do the same but in a more impressive way. But we all know Margarito has a rock solid chin. Which would explain why Mosley never really hurt him in the early and mid rounds, and he also caught him with flush shots that landed on the button. But Margarito never got hurt, he only took so much because Mosley has plenty of chances. And yes you bet Mosley has the ''Power'' to all of his punches. That being said, I'm assuming Margarito RESPECTED Mosleys power, which stopped his ( I'll take some, to give some ) strategy. In which he did against Miguel Cotto. And so lets all say Pac doesent have the power Mosley has, I mean he's no pot shot brawler, but he delivers enough damage. And so lets say Margarito decides he can take his shots. Meaning he will do his ( I'll take 5 Pacquiao falcon punches, to land land two of mine )........

And so boxing fans, this is why this fight will be great. And we all know Pacquiao is no stranger to the trading game =P
Lil-lightsout
I dislike Pac, but I fucking hate Margarito for obvious reasons. I am hoping Pac destroys him in embarrassing fashion. AM is tough with a good chin and excellent stamina. He could make it a tough fight, that is why Pac must fight smart and not stand and trade with the cheat.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 28 2010, 02:17 AM) *
I dislike Pac, but I fucking hate Margarito for obvious reasons. I am hoping Pac destroys him in embarrassing fashion. AM is tough with a good chin and excellent stamina. He could make it a tough fight, that is why Pac must fight smart and not stand and trade with the cheat.

they are both cheats lil lights out... and i know the real reason why you are pulling so hard for pac... lol...
JLUVBABY
i expect this fight to look a lot like margarito vs cotto... even terms early with margaritos body shots taking their tole late in the fight... nobody has attacked pacs body like margarito will come nov 13th.... combine his vicious body attack with the head shots hes gonna be landing and pac is gonna be in a dog fight... question is can he win it?... i got to go with the hungrier fighter, and right now thats margarito... he's got more to prove...
D-MARV
I'm thinking Pacquiao will blow though Margarito. Pac TKO3.
BigG
Pac in the middle rounds
SmartyBeardo
Fuk 'em both.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 29 2010, 03:08 AM) *
Fuk 'em both.

Sums up my sentiments exactly.
The CEO
Top Rank and Team Pacquiao backhandin' people in the face...

thumbsdown_anim.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 28 2010, 04:46 PM) *
they are both cheats lil lights out... and i know the real reason why you are pulling so hard for pac... lol...

True. Yep. lol.
JonnyBlaze
Margarito is a fucking faggot..
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 29 2010, 10:16 PM) *

LOL.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Pac in 9. Cheaterito takes an epic beating and is finally relegated to the Level of C fighter.
Big Slim Sweet
I'm not overlooking the fun I'm going to have watching Pacquiao carve up Margarito's face.

On HBO replay November 20.
Fitz
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 30 2010, 12:16 PM) *

This new Jonny with an edge is heaps better.

laugh.gif
BigG
Pac gonna look like Baraka against Margarito..he's gonna cut his face up!
JLUVBABY
im convinced margarito whips pac... he's not gonna have fear and he's gonna do to pac some things that havent been dont for a while... pacs gonna get mugged and k.o'd... you listening lil lights out?... lol!!!
Hoodlum
The granting of a license to a cheater is disgusting! How the commission in Texas came to the conclusion that Margocheato deserved the opportunity to make millions after trying to KILL people in the ring is fascinating! Money truly is the root of all evil. Panama Lewis tried to pull that crap and was banned for life from the sport. Why does Tony get a second chance? Money. Why was Bob Arum 'so sure' of Margarito being licensed? Money. Boxing is losing its credibility by the freakin second!

BS sanctioning bodies and BS promoters doing shady crap(for money) that discredits the foundation of the sport! Respect for the sport? HA!

MMA is shitting on boxing by the month!

Signed,

Angry boxing fan!
Lil-lightsout
It is all a big joke man. This is boxing, get used to it. NOTHING surprises me anymore.
Mean Mister Mustard
This fight is probably going to do very well. I doubt it reaches a million buys but the Mexican and Filipino people will buy it up; you can believe that.
PR316
Pacquiao will light him up. And its gonna be something serious.

Pacquiao TKO 8
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 1 2010, 04:54 AM) *
It is all a big joke man. This is boxing, get used to it. NOTHING surprises me anymore.

This match up is a mockery of the sport. Making it for a title just makes it more of a circus act.
jlupi
. Making it for a title just makes it more of a circus act.

>>>>

does any knowledgeable fan really think this is for a title? a guy moving up against a guy not only caught cheating but blasted out 2 fights ago, who is also moving up.
Snoop
QUOTE (jlupi @ Sep 1 2010, 11:53 PM) *
. Making it for a title just makes it more of a circus act.

>>>>

does any knowledgeable fan really think this is for a title? a guy moving up against a guy not only caught cheating but blasted out 2 fights ago, who is also moving up.

Knowledgeable fans? No. But the die hard Pacquiao fans will eat this shit up.

"8th title in 8 different weight classes baby! Greatest fighter EVER!"
jlupi
Knowledgeable fans? No. But the die hard Pacquiao fans will eat this shit up>>>

no prob with that. the dude is good. and die hard fans by nature are irrational LOL
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 1 2010, 06:29 PM) *
This match up is a mockery of the sport. Making it for a title just makes it more of a circus act.

Why?

Because AM got caught cheating by loading his gloves and IS still allowed to fight again?

Because AM is getting a shot at the "P4P" king in Pac without beating anyone to deserve it?

Because AM is an Arum fighter who will happen to bring a lot of Mexicans fans to the arena?

Because AM was KO'd brutally by Mosely almost 2 years ago, his last profile fight?

Or all of the above?

Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 2 2010, 09:59 PM) *
Why?

Title fights should not involved fighters who are denied a license anywhere in the world and should also not be fought at catchweights. That's pretty much my reasoning.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 2 2010, 04:59 PM) *
Why?

Because AM got caught cheating by loading his gloves and IS still allowed to fight again?

Because AM is getting a shot at the "P4P" king in Pac without beating anyone to deserve it?

Because AM is an Arum fighter who will happen to bring a lot of Mexicans fans to the arena?

Because AM was KO'd brutally by Mosely almost 2 years ago, his last profile fight?

Or all of the above?

you sure you want a sig bet for this fight?... lol...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 2 2010, 06:14 PM) *
Title fights should not involved fighters who are denied a license anywhere in the world and should also not be fought at catchweights. That's pretty much my reasoning.

Ok. Forgot to add those two choices.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 2 2010, 06:15 PM) *
you sure you want a sig bet for this fight?... lol...

YES!!! It's too late for you, you're screwed homie, lol. I am going to enjoy rubbing in your face every chance i get also, just like you did to me. Paybacks a bitch, hahaha.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 2 2010, 05:37 PM) *
YES!!! It's too late for you, you're screwed homie, lol. I am going to enjoy rubbing in your face every chance i get also, just like you did to me. Paybacks a bitch, hahaha.

dont worry i was just making sure you knew i knew we still had this little deal going... after the fight ill tell you why i was/am so confident about this fight...lol.... and i have a nice nice layout for you... lol..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 2 2010, 06:56 PM) *
dont worry i was just making sure you knew i knew we still had this little deal going... after the fight ill tell you why i was/am so confident about this fight...lol.... and i have a nice nice layout for you... lol..

Just like the Cotto-Foreman fight? laugh.gif You're lucky I spared you on that one. Oh... I am SURE you have a nice layout of those pics you fruity bastard, lol.
kidbazooka1
The Marg from the Cotto fight and before would be a nightmare for Manny(with or without the loaded wraps)but the Cotto fight took alot out of him aswell. I see Pacqiuao picking him apart from the out side and then going for the kill late in the fight shoudl be a good one though.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 3 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Yeah, good for Arum.

A win for either guy is a win for Arum. I hate that shrewd bastard but he's pretty damn good at what he does.
King Eugene
Damn...didn't know they where doing a 24/7 for this fight starting in Oct.
streetlion1
I think I expect Pac-roid to shred Margacheato in the battle of the cheaters but I wouldnt be surprised if Cheato makes it a much better fight. As long as Antonio mounts his attack off of his jab and stays tall throughout the fight he could shock Manny who IMO is over-rated as it is. The way I expect it to go is Mannys hand and footspeed will carry the night as he jumps in and out on Cheato battering him with combinations....I do look for Cheato to put up some sort of fight at the outset but I expect that he wont make it past rounds 9 or 10.

I dont like either fighter but part of me is hoping for Cheato to pull off the upset just so the Pacman faithfull will be slapped back into reality!
gravytrain
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 21 2010, 01:02 PM) *
I think I expect Pac-roid to shred Margacheato in the battle of the cheaters but I wouldnt be surprised if Cheato makes it a much better fight. As long as Antonio mounts his attack off of his jab and stays tall throughout the fight he could shock Manny who IMO is over-rated as it is. The way I expect it to go is Mannys hand and footspeed will carry the night as he jumps in and out on Cheato battering him with combinations....I do look for Cheato to put up some sort of fight at the outset but I expect that he wont make it past rounds 9 or 10.

I dont like either fighter but part of me is hoping for Cheato to pull off the upset just so the Pacman faithfull will be slapped back into reality!

Margarito isn't going to get a decision, unless he completely dominates the fight Pacquiao will win. I see Pacquiao winning this fight and people saying "OMG he beat someone bigger than him.. Mayweather's size advantage is worthless!". Then I can only hope that the odds favor Pacquiao in a Mayweather fight, then I can put money on Mayweather and make some quick cash.
streetlion1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2010, 04:07 PM) *
Margarito isn't going to get a decision, unless he completely dominates the fight Pacquiao will win. I see Pacquiao winning this fight and people saying "OMG he beat someone bigger than him.. Mayweather's size advantage is worthless!". Then I can only hope that the odds favor Pacquiao in a Mayweather fight, then I can put money on Mayweather and make some quick cash.

Yea..as slow as Margarito is I can see no way he dominates. His only chance is to make Manny fight backing up where he is less effective...use his reach and jab...be the Margarito of old and throw nearly 100 punches a round keeping Manny in check..but he doesnt have the skill or speed to do so. Combine that with the long stretch of inactivity and the K.O. loss to Mosley as well as his less than impressive performance against Roberto Garcia and its yet another relatively easy victory for the catchweight king.

I cant wait for the mayweather-pacquiao fight to happen and see Pac-roid dominated and knocked out...its bullshit how he can cheat history by winning these belts at catchweights....perhaps that is what Mayweather is waiting on. Pacquiao can win his 8th title in 8 divisions while the media and writers build him up to be the "all time greatest" and Floyd can say..."you guys thought he was the greatest...and best pound 4 pound and I just dominated him....whos the greatest now?"
gravytrain
I don't think Mayweather will be given much credit if there's testing for the fight, and since there will be testing I'm sure people will point to Pacquiao losing a teaspoon of blood on a handful of occasions as the reason for his defeat. I'd rather see him fight Martinez.
streetlion1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 21 2010, 11:11 PM) *
I don't think Mayweather will be given much credit if there's testing for the fight, and since there will be testing I'm sure people will point to Pacquiao losing a teaspoon of blood on a handful of occasions as the reason for his defeat. I'd rather see him fight Martinez.

lol...yea a teaspoon. I wouldnt mind a Mayweather-Martinez fight but Floyd'll never do that. I cant see him going back to 154 unless its a huge payday and martinez wont be that. I do think he would go to 154 for Cotto...which is my dream fight at the moment.

Going back to Pacquiao....he blamed his loss to morales on the fact that he gave blood which I think is B.S. he just got beat...plain and simple. Morales got him to back up most of the fight by taking his shots and lighting him up in return...a Pacquiao backing up is an average boxer with speed. Marquez used superior skill and counterpunching to carry the day and despite the early knockdowns Marquez (IMO) beat him as well...at least the 2nd time. I called Marquez-Pacquiao 1 a draw. One thing Mayweather will have to do against him is step up his workrate because if he doesnt Pac-roid will throw all night...but Manny is no where near the level of Floyd when it comes to boxing skill...Manny is an offensive machine but when he is faced with a pin-point counter puncher....ecspecially one with Floyds speed and skill he will look average.
gravytrain
If Mayweather beats Pacquiao there wont really be a welter for him to fight, if Martinez keeps winning I think they'd make the fight. Guy who beat the "legendary" Pacquiao vs the top person at a higher weight? I think there's an interest in it, a good payday too.

I think the size and style of Mayweather kills it for Pacquiao. Mayweather also has a pretty good chin and the hand speed difference isn't dramatic. Personally, I see Pacquiao getting caught coming in all night.
streetlion1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 22 2010, 12:58 AM) *
If Mayweather beats Pacquiao there wont really be a welter for him to fight, if Martinez keeps winning I think they'd make the fight. Guy who beat the "legendary" Pacquiao vs the top person at a higher weight? I think there's an interest in it, a good payday too.

I think the size and style of Mayweather kills it for Pacquiao. Mayweather also has a pretty good chin and the hand speed difference isn't dramatic. Personally, I see Pacquiao getting caught coming in all night.

Yea..Pacquiao will get chopped up and disposed of. I disagree about there being no welter left for Mayweather to fight. I hae been calling for a Cotto-Mayweather fight for a few years....style vs style its the best fight Mayweather could have IMO.
gravytrain
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 22 2010, 02:04 AM) *
Yea..Pacquiao will get chopped up and disposed of. I disagree about there being no welter left for Mayweather to fight. I hae been calling for a Cotto-Mayweather fight for a few years....style vs style its the best fight Mayweather could have IMO.

I don't really care for that match up anymore because I think Cotto is never going to be the fighter he once was, it'd be a smart fight for Floyd though. I really want to see him fight Martinez because it'll really show what Mayweather is capable of, know what I mean? But I can see that not being on Mayweather's list seeing as Martinez would be a huge risk with no more of a reward than any other cat fighting on HBO.
The CEO

This fight reeks to high Heaven...
D-MARV
LOL...

War Bob Arum!
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 22 2010, 10:23 AM) *
Looks like they're ready to french kiss or somethin' (not that I'm saying that it should be illegal for dudes that are making millions to beat the shit outta each other to french kiss in public. I just don't want to be there.)

The nature of the fight really makes things worse, not that looking like you want to invite Margarito to your room and put some Teddy Pendergrass on looks good no matter how you look at it.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 23 2010, 12:16 AM) *
PBF may never fight again.

He has no more than two more fights left in him, unless he gets beat and loses all his money and becomes the stereotypical boxing tragedy.

I can only hope that happens.

Best result would be if Floyd ended up homeless & on some type of drug like meth to give him his feeling of superiority. Lets be real how may of his mates would be there for him if he was broke?
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 22 2010, 07:04 PM) *
I can only hope that happens.

Best result would be if Floyd ended up homeless & on some type of drug like meth to give him his feeling of superiority. Lets be real how may of his mates would be there for him if he was broke?

Let's be real, how many friends does he have now? LOL.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 22 2010, 07:16 PM) *
Let's be real, how many friends does he have now? LOL.

50 cent? laugh.gif

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 23 2010, 02:23 AM) *
50 cent? laugh.gif

50 Cent is not a friend, 50 Cent is something else, LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.