Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 118
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Warlord
Just a short time away now, what are you guys feeling so far? A decent card on paper, though not great. But there is a lot of potential for some good action.

MAIN EVENT
Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn

TELEVISED UNDERCARD
Randy Couture vs. James Toney
Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda
Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard
Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis

My pics:
B.J. Penn via UD
Randy Couture via submission RD1 (maybe 2.) ((Praying James Toney can shock the world and KO Randy brutally.))
Demian Maia via submission RD1
Kenny Florian via TKO RD3 (Probably wins due to cuts.)
Nate Diaz via UD (though I hate the little shit and pray he gets squished like the little dingle-berry he is.)
AussieLad
Apart from the main fight, i think the card is pretty easy to pick

I hope Penn wins, i'm just not sure he can handle edgars movement. Will go out on a limb and take Penn

Randy Couture vs. James Toney... first round ground n pound
Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda... Maia by.. shock horror .. submission
Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard... Florian by dominant UD
Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis... Diaz by decision
JLUVBABY
i say this everytime then wind up ordering the fight.. lol... but i just can not see myself ordering this fight tonight... toney vs coture is the selling angle for the card and as much as i hate to say it mma is just not toneys sport... i hope he pulls it off but really thats the only fight that intrigues me...
Warlord
Diaz puts Davis to sleep.

Florian / Maynard up next.
Warlord
Maynard looking thick tonight. Hope it's a good one. We might see some fireworks early.
Warlord
What kind of bag-pipe shit is Kenny coming out to? Is this UFC or fucking Highlander? Of course Highlander is pretty sweet, so there you go.
Warlord
Kenny getting some big cheers. Must be some fellow Highlander fans in the audience.
Warlord
Boy was I wrong. Terribly boring first round. Maynard probably gets it due to the takedown. If this were Pride they'd have both gotten yellow cards for stalling.
Warlord
Maynard up 2 rounds to shit, but its been about as exciting as seeing an Entertainment Tonight update on Justin Beiber's twitter.
Warlord
Maynard takes all three rounds.

I'm telling you, the cage and the UFC's rules package really gives an advantage to wrestlers. We're going to continue seeing fights like this as long as the rules aren't changed.

Pride solved this shit by allowing stomps and soccer kicks to downed opponents. But I guess we won't ever see this in the States.
Warlord
Maynard pretty classy in victory. I think he actually fell asleep from top-position in the first round. He's looking pretty refreshed.
Warlord
Maia versus Miranda up next.
Warlord
Miranda coming out to fucking DMX? Fucking GAY.
The CEO
I've been doin' a lazy one in the Boxing section...might be more action in there...

That Maynard fight sounded like a stinker...
Warlord
Maia takes the first due to the takedown, some sweet transitions, and sub attempt.

I gotta doo doo but don't wanna risk it. Guess I'll clinch and pray for the best.
Warlord
Really boring shit tonight.
Warlord
Just saw a pizza and two big macs being delivered to James Toney's dressing room. He's getting ready!
Warlord
Kazushi Sakuraba would be out there doing cartwheels and shit. Mongolian chops and M. Bison dive-stomps. These guys, I'm telling ya', no fucking showmanship.

Where's Chael Sonnen when you need him?
Warlord
Maia takes round two, more pretty sweet sub attempts. But I'm still not feeling it tonight.
Warlord
Yawn. I like titties.
Warlord
Both guys just tired of being tired at this point. Sluggish lazy bastards.
Warlord
I like big sloppy titties too, you know? Sometimes, I mean. Big arreolas and shit. Good times.
Warlord
Miranda takes the last round for actually throwing some punches there at the end.
Warlord
Maia wins it. Shocker. Was that a K-mart logo on Miranda's shirt? laugh.gif
Warlord
Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toney / Couture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warlord
War Toney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Randy is gonna squeeze your man titties together and make sweet, sweet love to them.
Warlord
Randy making his way to the ring, smiling, looking pretty confident. He should be. But I hope Toney knocks his old(er) ass out.
Warlord
James on his back after 3 seconds.
Warlord
This is sad.
Warlord
Toney taps out.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 28 2010, 10:54 PM) *
Toney taps out.

Thanks for the play by play (sorta). You were right. I was wrong.
Warlord
Randy always classy.
Warlord
I couldn't really understand what Toney was saying, but I did hear him say he would come back.
The CEO
Ain't that some shit...Toney just got schooled and whooped...lol...textbook work from Couture...
Warlord
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 29 2010, 12:00 AM) *
Ain't that some shit...Toney just got schooled and whooped...lol...textbook work from Couture...

I've been saying it for months, and I think Aussielad too. James getting humbled in the 1st was the realistic outcome. Not what I wanted to see, but definitely what I expected.
Warlord
BJ looks like he's tearing up out there. Wowzers. War BJ.
Warlord
Edgar takes the 1st.
The CEO
Edgar's working Penn...mixin' it up...takedowns and all...

Penn better start thinkin' about showin' some urgency...I think he'll have to gut this out to win it...
Warlord
Edgar likely takes the 2nd as well.

BJ looking very one dimensional tonight. He should look to take this to the ground, where he is at a huge advantage from both the top and the guard.
The CEO
Edgar's a dynamo...is he tryin' to RETIRE Penn tonight?...lol
Warlord
Bj just being BJ. This is what is so frustrating about BJ Penn. When he's on, he's fucking ON.

And then you've got the other BJ Penn. The unmotivated guy that is out there tonight, refusing to adjust because he's just, well, BJ Penn.
Warlord
BJ finally trying something different after dropping the 1st three rounds. But Edgar is back up.
The CEO
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 29 2010, 12:31 AM) *
Bj just being BJ. This is what is so frustrating about BJ Penn. When he's on, he's fucking ON.

And then you've got the other BJ Penn. The unmotivated guy that is out there tonight, refusing to adjust because he's just, well, BJ Penn.

which means he was a great fighter...but not one of the very bests...

If he comes back here, he belongs though...
Warlord
BJ getting outworked. He can't deal with Edgar's speed, and now he's down 4 rounds and needs a KO or submission.
The CEO
lol...Edgar tappin' Penn's jaw gently like sayin' "I can hit you anytime I want..."....
Warlord
Edgar takes all 5 rounds.
The CEO
Lauzon beat that dude's ass...lol...might have made him change professions...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.