Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calderon vs. Segura - SPOILER
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
I had a feeling Segura would stop him....TKO8...anyone see this?
BigG
Only caught the last few rounds but it looked like Cotto Margarito all over again.
Mean Mister Mustard
Calderon was going to lose sooner or later but I didn't think the wild punching Segura would do it.
The CEO
Yeah...Calderon was slipping, and it was a matter of time...they're sayin' this was Cotto-Margarito on a small scale...I knew Segura had some power and would be pressuring him....

Looks like it was ruled a KO instead of a TKO too...
BigG
^ It was a KO Calderon quit he decided not to get up....but in the rounds i watched, he was boxing good but wow was Segura all over him....he was cornering him and landing crazy uppercuts and body shots and Ivan would occationally comeback with a counter but yeah..pretty much Cotto Margarito...
JLUVBABY
damn i should have ordered this fight instead of that ufc... damn me!!!!... honestly ufc events are becoming not worth the money...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 29 2010, 01:09 PM) *
damn i should have ordered this fight instead of that ufc... damn me!!!!... honestly ufc events are becoming not worth the money...

Fortunately, I didn't order the UFC debacle. I was literally a click away. I should have ordered Calderon v Segura.

Eventually, no matter how great a boxer you are, no matter how quick/fast you are, if you do not pose any threat of doing physical damage, a beast will hunt you down and eat you.
Mean Mister Mustard
Was Capetillo in Segura's corner?
Snoop
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 29 2010, 07:27 PM) *
Was Capetillo in Segura's corner?

LOL. I was thinking the same thing.
Snoop
Goddamn what a fight. Segura is a fucking machine. Calderon is one of the most accurate punchers in the game. If he had any sort of power, he woulda won this fight.
Sunni6Killer
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 29 2010, 10:49 PM) *
Goddamn what a fight. Segura is a fucking machine. Calderon is one of the most accurate punchers in the game. If he had any sort of power, he woulda won this fight.

Motherf****** great fight, and Segura never stopped, he could've gone another 8 rounds without stopping.
Awesome fight.
Snoop
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Aug 30 2010, 04:18 PM) *
Motherf****** great fight, and Segura never stopped, he could've gone another 8 rounds without stopping.
Awesome fight.

They brought back the great days of boxing. Hoping to see a rematch between these two.
kidbazooka1
Segura has some raw power in those tiny fists. I see him running things at jr fly and flyweight for a long time.
JLUVBABY
I SHOULD HAVE ORDERED THIS FIGHT CARD INSTEAD OF THAT BS UFC 118... I DONT THINK IMMA ORDER ANOTHER UFC AGAIN... WEL IT DEPENDS ON THE LINE UP... BUTTHEY HAVE GOTTEN AS BAD AS SOME OF THE BOXING EVENTS... sorry for the all caps.. lol...
Lil-lightsout
Man... sounds like a missed a great fight. Good for the little guys, though it is sad Calderon lost his undefeated record, I really loved watching his awesome boxing skills. Segura must be a beast.
Fitz
Just caught the fight, and what a fight that was. What was considered fight of the year up until this point? I can't remember as nothing has really stood out, but this is definitely one of the front runners for me. Not like Barrera-Morales or anything, but a really, really good fight. You had one slick boxer and one brawler, really contrasting styles but everybody won.

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 29 2010, 10:44 PM) *
Only caught the last few rounds but it looked like Cotto Margarito all over again.

Great summary BigG, this was a replica of Magarito-Cotto. Sergura fights very similar to Margarito, non stop punching, him just throwing to the body and even the way he throws his shots and the uppercuts. Looked just like Antonio.
Not sure what happened with Calderon, he was in control and maybe from about round 5, got hit more and traded more. Well I know what happened to Calderon, I am just not sure what happened. Whether it was him getting old and tiring, it was Segura's body attack that broke him down, or him dominating and deciding to trade a bit because he got comfortable and cost him.
Not sure why, could be a combination of a few things, but when you are fighting going backwards and a pressure guy is coming at you the whole night, the guy fighting back will always use more energy, so credit to Segura for keeping the pressure even when the chips were down early.
Really good fight, and BigG, spot on with the comparison.
1zz
Segura did some relentless body work in there.

I wish I would see more fighters do the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.