Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: if you were in a street fight..
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG
And you got taken down, what would you do. Street fight got no rules. Would you poke the eye of the guys on top of you? Would you start to bite the dudes face? Obviously you're at a serious disadvnatage when your below but no rules.
Warlord
Probably got a ton of high-handed, high-minded e-tough guys who are gonna talk about fair fights and shit but, to me, fuck that. There are no fair fights in life. There is always someone who is either bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, or more experienced than you.

Me? Biting, hair pulling, groin shots, small joint manipulation, whatever it takes is what I would do. My dad only gave me one bit of advice in my entire life, and I guess I've kind of stuck by it. "If you can't win, get a weapon."
Fitz
I'm guessing Courture-Toney prompted this thread BigG? lol.

lloyd mayflower
Absolutely anything. Espacially in my case since I rarely if ever would actually start a fight. The way I see it, if some dick starts a fight with me, he fully deserves to go home and explain to his wife why he has an impression of my teeth on his cheek, or why he is unable to make love for the forseeable. Thankfully tho I havent been in that situation very much, but iv got a mate who went thru a fairly brawl-filled early 20's. Hes a fine example of do anything to win. He once got lifted for biting a policemans ear, once when a club bouncer headbutted him and a mass brawl erupted, he saw the same bouncer peeking out from the side of the club door so he ran up behind him and smashed his face into the wall, relieving him of 3 teeth.

I'm with Warlord, the concept of a fair fight is a thing of the past. These days, in Scotland anyway, gangs of little wasters will kick the shit out of someone for askin them to keep the noise down. And many people see fit to carry knives, so fuck the fair fight. Every street fight you get in could end up life and death, whether you want it to be fair makes no difference.
JonnyBlaze
Shit me,I'd start pulling ears off..
King Eugene
Defend yourself by ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!

Better question is if you where in a street/bar fight who would you like to have by your side?

Give me Shane Carwin and a Prime Chuck Liddell. Boxers aren't quite suited for this situation.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 31 2010, 11:51 PM) *
Defend yourself by ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!

Better question is if you where in a street/bar fight who would you like to have by your side?

Give me Shane Carwin and a Prime Chuck Liddell. Boxers aren't quite suited for this situation.

A bar fight against guys who don't know shit??How would boxers not be suited to KOing people left and right??I've seen a boxer fight 4 guys at once and KO'd everyone..I don't see UFC guys laying on the ground with a guy while choking or puttin them in an arm bar while the guys friends could start stomping the UFC guy who is on the ground already..In the UFC you can kick guys in the head when down,in a bar you can..So why would the UFC guys be better at having your back..Disappointing hearing from you..I thought you'd say you'd want Roy to have your back..Him without gloves on would be crazy,I can't imagine how fast he'd be..

Shane Carwin and a prime Chuck Liddell would be running if they saw a prime Tyson coming at them..
PR316
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 31 2010, 12:10 AM) *
And you got taken down, what would you do. Street fight got no rules. Would you poke the eye of the guys on top of you? Would you start to bite the dudes face? Obviously you're at a serious disadvnatage when your below but no rules.

If I can't overpower him, I'd probably try to bite or poke the eye.

Then if I can escape after that, I'd try to stomp his head in the pavement. Lol
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2010, 03:56 AM) *
A bar fight against guys who don't know shit??How would boxers not be suited to KOing people left and right??I've seen a boxer fight 4 guys at once and KO'd everyone..I don't see UFC guys laying on the ground with a guy while choking or puttin them in an arm bar while the guys friends could start stomping the UFC guy who is on the ground already..In the UFC you can kick guys in the head when down,in a bar you can..So why would the UFC guys be better at having your back..Disappointing hearing from you..I thought you'd say you'd want Roy to have your back..Him without gloves on would be crazy,I can't imagine how fast he'd be..

Shane Carwin and a prime Chuck Liddell would be running if they saw a prime Tyson coming at them..

This is true. If we are talking one on one then the MMA guy, wrestler, or JJ guy will have the advantage of being a grappler, but a striker, especially a fast one, can KO multiple men faster than the grappler who would be forced to perform multiple joint manipulations.
Lil-lightsout
I read about shootings on an almost daily basis in the newspaper these days. Screw street fighting, I would try my best to avoid that shit if at all possible. You never know when someone just shoots your ass. It's better to just walk away and swallow your pride these days.

BUT... if someone was stupid enough(and weaponless), and tried to take my former varsity wrestling ass down, they would fail miserably. Then after me landing one or two at most clean shots, it be a wrap. Just going off former experiences, lol.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 7 2010, 12:31 AM) *
I read about shootings on an almost daily basis in the newspaper these days. Screw street fighting, I would try my best to avoid that shit if at all possible. You never know when someone just shoots your ass. It's better to just walk away and swallow your pride these days.

BUT... if someone was stupid enough(and weaponless), and tried to take my former varsity wrestling ass down, they would fail miserably. Then after me landing one or two at most clean shots, it be a wrap. Just going off former experiences, lol.

I would be more worried about your overhand rights. I can see you throwing them simply to soften up your opponent in order to set them up for the big stuff; the Hand of God, the Maussa Ground Punch.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 7 2010, 12:35 AM) *
I would be more worried about your overhand rights. I can see you throwing them simply to soften up your opponent in order to set them up for the big stuff; the Hand of God, the Maussa Ground Punch.

laugh.gif

I have not seen that dude since that fight. Last I heard his cousin told me he stole money from him and left the state.

Truthfully, I was only in a few street fights. I truly am the furthest thing from a trouble maker. I just never let anyone fuck with me or let anyone try and walk all over me.

I mostly just talked shit to intimidate guys that started shit with me, and they mostly backed down after that. What's really funny is many people would just test me cause they heard I was a "boxer", and looked at me and saw a short skinny white dude. So some of them I just put in there place. I am proud to say though I never instigated or started a fight, not my style.

Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 7 2010, 04:31 AM) *

People are too cowardly to knuckle-up these days. Such a shame. That's used to be how people meet their best friends. laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 7 2010, 01:15 AM) *
People are too cowardly to knuckle-up these days. Such a shame. That's used to be how people meet their best friends. laugh.gif

If that ain't the truth.

King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2010, 03:56 AM) *

Ol Jonny how do you forget that people dont just strike in bar fights. Have you not seen folks get slammed on tables, threw over bars, slid down bars, held and punched by multiple folks at one time. I'd rather have a guy that knows how to get mofos off of him AND ME than somebody that only threw punches. Shit in a bar fight anything goes...that mean head kicks too. Tyson would be coming at them and before you know it he'd be on his back getting ground and pound because he has no take down defense. Every MMA guy isn't going to try to take you down to submit you, most of them want to mount you(as gay as it sounds) and punch the shit out of you. Couture didn't go straight for the submission, he went for the ground and pound and then got the submission.

So yes I'd rather have Chuck and Shane because if they do get dropped and not KO'd they know how to handle themselves on the ground.

And for the record a prime Jones in a street fight would be interesting to see. Question is what can he do if he gets grabbed from behind? Cant punch backwards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.