4. Eddie Chambers
5. Samuel Peter
6. Tomasz Adamek
7. James Toney
8. Chris Arreola
9. Evander Holyfield
10. Nikolay Valuev

The last 2 I dunno....

I would love to see Tomasz Adamek fight for a belt. He's obviously at a huge disadvantage in size but he's a damn tough fighter.

Where is Alexander Povketin?
sweetchuck
Povetkin demanded the Olympic type testing that Klitschko refused then got sick or injured after signing for the fight with Wladimir so they dropped him from the ratings after winning a tournament to become number one contender.

James Toney and Evander Holyfield aren't near top ten. Really who has Toney beaten at heavyweight in a long time? Peter's looking in good shape, I hope he can finally pull off the big win.
jlupi
peter has at least a punchers chance against little bro which is better than anyone else currently.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 2 2010, 07:59 AM) *
My rankings

Champion: Wladimir Klitschko.
#1 Contender: Vitali Klitschko
2. Alexander Povketin
3. David Haye
4. Eddie Chambers
5. Samuel Peter
6. Tomasz Adamek
7. James Toney
8. Chris Arreola
9. Evander Holyfield
10. Nikolay Valuev

The last 2 I dunno....

I

That list looks pretty good and fair to me.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (sweetchuck @ Sep 2 2010, 12:05 PM) *
Povetkin demanded the Olympic type testing that Klitschko refused then got sick or injured after signing for the fight with Wladimir so they dropped him from the ratings after winning a tournament to become number one contender.

James Toney and Evander Holyfield aren't near top ten. Really who has Toney beaten at heavyweight in a long time? Peter's looking in good shape, I hope he can finally pull off the big win.

win or lose at least we know he's gonna give his all... thats more than most of these guys fighting the klits can say for a very long time...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (sweetchuck @ Sep 2 2010, 01:05 PM) *

Who else is there?

Holyfield "beat" Valuev easily. So what about Valuev then? Does he not belong any where near the top ten?
sweetchuck
Valuev has beaten more of the top guys, Holyfield's "win" over Valuev was close to two years ago, not to mention it was not a win, just because it was close doesn't make it a win, he's not a five time heavyweight champion. Valuev is questionable in the top 10. Holyfield has only beaten Botha in the last few years, that does not make a top ten heavy. As much as I love Evander, he just isn't there. I would say Chagaev is more worthy of being in the top 10. Odlanier Solis is top ten, probably put his where Toney is. Toney hasn't fought for close to a year and even then it was against 12-5 Mathew Greer. They are names, just not the top anymore. The biggest problem with the Heavyweights are these old names not going away.
sweetchuck
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 3 2010, 08:47 AM) *
I feel the bile creeping up my throat. Can we change the subject.

Why would you click on the subject if you did not want to discuss it, the bile creeping up your throat should be from bad heavyweight division
thehype
QUOTE (sweetchuck @ Sep 2 2010, 01:05 PM) *

Povetkin bailed from the fight because Teddy Atlas told him to...simple as that. The guy just isn't ready for the Klits and Teddy did the right thing.

As for Toney and Holyfield...hell, what has ANY heavyweight done to be near top ten? I mean, Sam Peter? What the hell has he done? Wins over Nagy Aguilera, Gabe Brown, Ronald Bellamy, and Marcus McGee following 2 back-to-back losses? You mean to tell me that's all it takes to get a title shot these day? Heck, if that's the case, a win over Aguilera next month should catapult Antonio Tarver to #1 contender status. I mean, what the heck has the undefeated Denis Boytsov done to deserve his lofty #4/5 position with all the organizations? Who? Denis Boytsov! Yeah...some of you probably don't even know who he is, let alone who he's fought, but if you take a quick glance at his record (27-0, 22KOs), the only names you'll recognize right from jump are Jason Gavern and Vinny Madalone. Don't get me wrong...maybe he's got the goods...maybe he doesn't....but you're not going to know just by looking at his record. I guess my point is...why doesn't James Toney and Evander Holyfield deserve to be near the top ten? Who are they getting blown out by? The reason why these "old names" aren't going away is because these young names can barely beat them. David Haye didn't beat Valuev any more impressively than Holyfield "won" against him nearly two years ago. Not to mention, these "old names" can't even get a fight with these young guys. I mean, if David Haye is all that and a bag of chips, then why would he opt to fight Fraudley Harrison as opposed to putting a legend on his resume like Toney or Holyfield? Is Fraudley Harrison top ten material? Is he better than Toney or Holyfield...is he worse than them? What about Monte Barrett? Is Monte Barret a better challenge than Holyfield or Toney? Personally, I don't think so...and honestly, I'd be shocked if anyone DID think he was better than them (although I'm sure there's a couple of you out there). But the point is, David Haye hasn't exactly lit up the heavyweight division either, so I definitely think the top 10 heavyweights are debateable...and until these young names actually get the balls to step into the ring and wax these "old names", I'm not so sure any of them deserve to be near top 10 either.

Just my take on the division though. If Holyfield and Toney ARE as terrible as some people think, however, I would LOVE to see any one of these young names to retire them for good. Honestly, there's no reason whatsoever why Dan Goossen hasn't put Arreola in the ring with James Toney. Seriously, can Brian Minto beat Toney? How about Manuel Quezada?

dntknw.gif

I'm just sayin...
sweetchuck
I'd like to see Toney or Holyfield fight Malik Scott, not that I think Scott can beat either of them, just so Scott can say he fought someone with a name. Talk about an unfortunate waste of talent.

Any heavyweight division where Kali Mehan is still a player shows it needs cleaning up.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (sweetchuck @ Sep 5 2010, 04:01 AM) *
I'd like to see Toney or Holyfield fight Malik Scott, not that I think Scott can beat either of them, just so Scott can say he fought someone with a name. Talk about an unfortunate waste of talent.

Any heavyweight division where Kali Mehan is still a player shows it needs cleaning up.

malik scott talks a lot of shit on the youtube channels i watch... either of those guys would be a step up for him in opposition...
sweetchuck
Yeah he's been like that his whole career, but Main Events would never have him step up, he's stuck in heavyweight journeyman limbo. He's got the type of record and amateur background that other prospects probably don't want to fight. He's a Larry Donald, probably could have been good enough to make some noise, just way over protected. Toney would beat him, but I don't know about Holyfield.

BTW, Haye is fighting Fraudley because it's a good payday in England, funny, when I saw Harrison fight in Vegas a few years ago no one liked him and it was the undercard of Calzaghe-Hopkins.

How's this fight for Toney vs. Tarver?
BGv2.0
Been thinking a bit about Peter/Wlad II.

I know some people have voiced the opposite....but I think a win by Peter REALLY shakes up the division.

SHOULD Peter get the win, you no longer have a two brother HW champion....which is something that I myself think has been more of a problem than anything since the two brothers will never fight and it does not allow for a single HW champion of the division.

If Peter wins most likely as we have seen in the past...big brother would want a rematch with Peter....winner of that fight...need only fight Haye/Audley winner to unify.

Same if Peter should win and take a fight with Haye....winner of that fight ONLY has Vitali left.

Should Peter win the ONLY fight of any value is with the Haye/Fraudley winner.

If Wlad wins...it's back to the same old song and dance.

I HONESTLY think removing one of the brothers would be a good thing for the division. Because any way you slice it..at the end of the day...with one removed it more likely than not ends in a unified champion within a year or so.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 10 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Been thinking a bit about Peter/Wlad II.

I know some people have voiced the opposite....but I think a win by Peter REALLY shakes up the division.

SHOULD Peter get the win, you no longer have a two brother HW champion....which is something that I myself think has been more of a problem than anything since the two brothers will never fight and it does not allow for a single HW champion of the division.

If Peter wins most likely as we have seen in the past...big brother would want a rematch with Peter....winner of that fight...need only fight Haye/Audley winner to unify.

Same if Peter should win and take a fight with Haye....winner of that fight ONLY has Vitali left.

Should Peter win the ONLY fight of any value is with the Haye/Fraudley winner.

If Wlad wins...it's back to the same old song and dance.

I HONESTLY think removing one of the brothers would be a good thing for the division. Because any way you slice it..at the end of the day...with one removed it more likely than not ends in a unified champion within a year or so.

removing just one of the brothers would be the best thing to happen for the division for sure... preferably vitali cuzz i think if his brother wasnt in the mix he could really be expressing himself a lot more... but either one LOSING would bring a lot of life back into the division.. as of right now they have a gridlock on the division and noone seems ready to crack their code.... I'm rooting for peter... Should be good... he knows if he connects the right way he can hurt wlad... shit they can hurt each other so it should be good tomorrow..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.