Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Maywheather fans!!!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Hittman25
just read that maywheather article that was dissing pacqiauo.......so how do u feel that ur favorite fighter didnt want to fight manny in november.....he agreed to everything the only thing that was wrong is that floyd didnt feel like fighting....idk how u guys feel about that but if my favorite fighter was making me wait even longer for the biggest fight in recent history i would be pretty pissed......floyd has to be the first fighter in a long time to think of himself before his fans or his legacy......i like floyd wen he was a lightweight but now that he thinks hes fighting more bigger fighters he gets scared like a pussy he calls manny a midget but says hes on steroids cmon man just fight to see whos the best....enuff with im on vacation .....i want blood tests.....than having ur people come out and say there were never talks of fight wen there was idk but to me floyd is more like a promoter a lying pig....if he wins than hes the best but man will he be hated but he would have my respect but i wouldnt ever rout for him.........hes like the american government a bunch of bullshit lies
thehype
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Sep 3 2010, 03:30 PM) *
just read that maywheather article that was dissing pacqiauo.......so how do u feel that ur favorite fighter didnt want to fight manny in november.....he agreed to everything the only thing that was wrong is that floyd didnt feel like fighting....idk how u guys feel about that but if my favorite fighter was making me wait even longer for the biggest fight in recent history i would be pretty pissed......floyd has to be the first fighter in a long time to think of himself before his fans or his legacy......i like floyd wen he was a lightweight but now that he thinks hes fighting more bigger fighters he gets scared like a pussy he calls manny a midget but says hes on steroids cmon man just fight to see whos the best....enuff with im on vacation .....i want blood tests.....than having ur people come out and say there were never talks of fight wen there was idk but to me floyd is more like a promoter a lying pig....if he wins than hes the best but man will he be hated but he would have my respect but i wouldnt ever rout for him.........hes like the american government a bunch of bullshit lies

laugh.gif

Oscar De La Hoya, Sugar Ray Leonard AND Mike Tyson have all blown off fights or taken their time to make fights too

laugh.gif

As far as Mayweather vs. Pacquiao goes, I really could care less simply because there's a whole lot of other fights besides that one that I want to see. Do I want to see it? Sure, but I'm not losing any sleep (like apparently some people are) if it doesn't happen. Whenever Floyd does fight again though, I'm sure I'll be watching it...just like I'm sure many others will watch.

laugh.gif

For the record though, the minute he and Shane agreed to fight, I kind of figured Floyd wouldn't be fighting again this year, regardless of his reasons why, so whatever has been happening and continues to happen from May 1 until January 1, 2011 is pretty much meaningless. Now, once 2011 rolls around, then I'll start wondering what the heck Floyd is going to do. LOL.

What I DO think is funny though is how so many can't stop talking about the guy. I mean, you would think by now, he would have pissed off enough people to where nobody is even paying him any attention anymore. Obviously, it just doesn't work that way though. The more venom he spits, the more attention he gets. Whether it's good or bad, it's still attention and I think that's all he really cares about to begin with. If people REALLY want to humble Floyd or bruise his ego, just ignore him. The minute he can't get anymore attention is the minute you see a sad and disappointed Mayweather. LOL.

On a side note, damn Hagler looks tiny next to Hearns on that cover. That's like Pacquiao standing next to Margarito. Too bad the talent inside the ring won't be the same as that fight. LOL.
Lil-lightsout
Well I think...oh wait you were asking for PBF fans... see ya.
Hittman25
hype i dig wat ur saying foreal because i really want to see a sergio martinez and paul williams fight.......but i was asking for floyd fans to answer me i dig ur opinon tho.........i hate floyd so much that it makes my stomach hurt i just wanna see manny fight the best and floyd fight the best........if your a floyd fan than ur proly the only one that i like......i really just hate the bullshit these boxers put us through.........i love boxing too much im sorry i wanna see the best fight the best
Hittman25
cmon lightsout.....u knw u true BOXING FANS can always say whatever u want.....this is fightHYPE
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Sep 3 2010, 02:30 PM) *

its all a matter of what you believe... its not like he's the first fighter to bullshit his fans or the boxing public in general... you dont think pacs people have bullshitted us fans that want to see that fight?... its a double edge sword.... i think if it was soley up to the fighters they would have fought by now... pacs people feed him a lil more bullshit i am sure than what he really knows, meaning him speaking limited english makes it easier forthem to feed him lines of bullshit... im sure that fight could have been made if arum and his croonies wanted that... they milking him for the payout... they have to know pac has no chance in hell of wining that fight and i say that as a fan of them both even tho ive picked against pac in his last several fights...
Run and Gun Game Calls
What struck me the most was Floyd Mayweather going off on a racist rant. Does he believe because he is black he cant be racist torward another culture? What if a white boxer made the same comments about Floyd Making him some chicken and serving him watermelon? The White Boxer would be crucified over it.

Classless move floyd
EirbinX
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 3 2010, 08:57 PM) *
What struck me the most was Floyd Mayweather going off on a racist rant. Does he believe because he is black he cant be racist torward another culture? What if a white boxer made the same comments about Floyd Making him some chicken and serving him watermelon? The White Boxer would be crucified over it.

Classless move floyd

i agree one hundred percent he's just a bitter, jealous, selfish, racist, chicken cunt
thehype
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 3 2010, 07:57 PM) *

Classless move floyd

LOL. Gee...I see that just about every day in comments on several of our articles/interviews. Pictures of Floyd on KFC boxes. Fans calling him monkey this and nigger that. Heaven forbid Floyd say something about "sushi rolls" or "cats and dogs".

laugh.gif

I don't know how many white boxers would say that today...probably because most would be too scared about getting their ass kicked in the ring...lol....but I know Bernard Hopkins had no problem serving Felix Trinidad a last meal of "rice and beans".

laugh.gif

True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 3 2010, 06:55 PM) *
LOL. Gee...I see that just about every day in comments on several of our articles/interviews. Pictures of Floyd on KFC boxes. Fans calling him monkey this and nigger that. Heaven forbid Floyd say something about "sushi rolls" or "cats and dogs".

laugh.gif

I don't know how many white boxers would say that today...probably because most would be too scared about getting their ass kicked in the ring...lol....but I know Bernard Hopkins had no problem serving Felix Trinidad a last meal of "rice and beans".

laugh.gif

But Hype there is a difference between some idiot nobody saying racist shit in the comments area of your articles and Floyd saying racist shit. Nobody sees or pays attention to the comments area of your articles, at least not the general public. Floyd is a public figure and people care what he says and for him to go off and say "yellow this" and "midget that" is very very classless. I mean the dude has major sponsors that back their products with his name "at&t, reebok" and saying shit like the public wont like that shit and sponsor will pull back. It's a free country and we can say what we want but there will be backlash or saying racist things. Floyd is really living in a fantasy world and anybody giving him a pass for going off like that is crazy.
pcraw
Not to mention Bernard Hopkins said, "I would never lose to no white boy!" And then loss. Lol
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 3 2010, 09:55 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Those are nameless cowards posting stupid shit because they are unknown and immature. That gives Floyd no right or valid reason, or anyone for that matter, to respond with ignorant statements. I mean he can say what he wants, but cause he is a "celebrity", people are going to notice and he is going to catch heat. NO one gives a shit about some nobodies posting classless shit on a forum or responding to an article.

As for Hopkins and the shit he pulled with Trinidad and the "white" statement he made was uncalled for. Sure he was just selling the fight and trying to get under his opponents skin, but for me personally I just feel it is not needed. This sport gets enough black eyes as it is. There should never be a reason to pull the race card. Thats one thing I loved about boxing from personal experience, I met and became close with so many people with different backgrounds, you become to see people as just human beings and want truly counts is what is on the inside of a person.
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Sep 3 2010, 09:56 PM) *
But Hype there is a difference between some idiot nobody saying racist shit in the comments area of your articles and Floyd saying racist shit. Nobody sees or pays attention to the comments area of your articles, at least not the general public. Floyd is a public figure and people care what he says and for him to go off and say "yellow this" and "midget that" is very very classless. I mean the dude has major sponsors that back their products with his name "at&t, reebok" and saying shit like the public wont like that shit and sponsor will pull back. It's a free country and we can say what we want but there will be backlash or saying racist things. Floyd is really living in a fantasy world and anybody giving him a pass for going off like that is crazy.

I never said he deserved any kind of "pass", but in my opinion, there is no difference. I merely mentioned that I see it EVERY DAY simply because comments like that are not shocking to me at all, nor do I see why they're shocking to anyone else, because I'm quite sure in some way, shape, or form, everyone has heard, or even made, comments like that in the past, present, and will probably make them in the future. I mean, Floyd Mayweather saying he was going to make "Poochiao" serve him some "sushi rolls" after he cooks him with "cats and dogs", to me, is no different than Bob Arum saying he was offered his "own camel" by representatives in Abu Dhabi or that MMA is nothing but a bunch of "homosexuals" and "skinheads". I mean, are all of those comments racist? Maybe...maybe not...I guess it depends on how you look at it. Do all Arabs conduct business transactions with "camels"? Are all white people with bald heads "skinheads"? Do all Filipinos eat "sushi rolls" or "cats and dogs"? I mean, obviously, I don't think that's the case, but the stereotype is implied and accepted, therefore, the natural reaction is to throw out the race card. Whether he's a public figure or not is really meaningless, other than the fact that whatever he says will get far more exposure than something your coworker or neighbor might say. I mean, seriously, ask yourself how many times you've heard someone crack about an Asian's poor driving, a Mexican being legal or doing yard work, or all black guys looking alike? Is any of that true? No...of course not...but how many times do you actually correct someone if a joke is cracked?

dntknw.gif

Don't get me wrong...maybe you're the type to put a squash to it immediately, but from my experience, most people I know simply chuckle and keep it moving. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I am saying this is nothing new and to think that Floyd Mayweather is above saying something just as "racist" (if that's what it's called...although I like to refer to it as being a stereotypist) as something Bob Arum would say, to me, is ridiculous. It is funny, however, that Bob Arum has said things just as "racist", and yet, he didn't get nearly the attention that Floyd Mayweather got. Maybe it's the way he said it. I mean, Mayweather spittin' venom is a little different than Arum casually saying he was offered a "camel", but still, to me, it's the exact same thing. Is it not?

dntknw.gif

To me, being racist means that somone actually has hatred for a particular race. Do I really think that Floyd Mayweather has hatred towards Filipinos or Asians? No! Does he have hatred for Manny Pacquiao, therefore he chose to use some stereotypical phrases to degrade him? Absolutely! Was it right or wrong? It depends on when and how it's said, apparently, but what Floyd Mayweather did say is no different than what gets said DAILY, which again, is the reason why I brought up the example of the "idiot nobodies" in the comment section. When I see someone use words like "nigger" or "monkey", do I really think that they're racist? No! More than likely, they're just pissed off fans who are simply venting the only way they know how. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are a couple of racist "nobodies" mixed in there, but just because I see somone use a racial stereotype, I simply don't view them as being racist. Maybe that's just me though...being of mixed decent, I simply don't pay too much mind about words or simple phrases that people use to get a reaction. Now, if someone is holding a demonstration or going out of their way to prove the superiority of their race, that's a different story. But when someone is just spitting some venom because they're looking to get a reaction, to me, that's not racism...that's just hatred for a particular person.

But whatever...I really could care less what Floyd says or does outside of the ring. I'm only interested in what he does inside the ring. Now, what his sponsors might think about the things that he said is up to them, but that has absolutely no impact on me at all. I don't wear Reebok and I don't use AT&T, but if I did, whatever Floyd Mayweather said STILL wouldn't have any impact on me buying their products. Seeing as how most, not all, but most of his sponsors are probably just using him to tap into the "urban" market, I doubt it will have much impact on their sales either. Boxing is a niche sport, so for the most part, what he did say won't get the type of exposure that a Mel Gibson or a Tiger Woods might get for their actions.

I'm just saying, don't act like it's something new or shocking when you already see and hear it every day. That doesn't necessarily make it right, but it also doesn't necessarily make it wrong just because it's Floyd Mayweather saying it as opposed to Bob Arum saying it. Just my take on it though.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch some comedy, where it's okay for people to crack racial stereotypes about all ethnic backgrounds.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 4 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Those are nameless cowards posting stupid shit because they are unknown and immature. That gives Floyd no right or valid reason, or anyone for that matter, to respond with ignorant statements. I mean he can say what he wants, but cause he is a "celebrity", people are going to notice and he is going to catch heat. NO one gives a shit about some nobodies posting classless shit on a forum or responding to an article.

As for Hopkins and the shit he pulled with Trinidad and the "white" statement he made was uncalled for. Sure he was just selling the fight and trying to get under his opponents skin, but for me personally I just feel it is not needed. This sport gets enough black eyes as it is. There should never be a reason to pull the race card. Thats one thing I loved about boxing from personal experience, I met and became close with so many people with different backgrounds, you become to see people as just human beings and want truly counts is what is on the inside of a person.

See my above post. I did want to comment on what you said about Hopkins. This isn't directed at you, but if anyone in general is mad about the things that Floyd Mayweather said, they should be just as mad at Bernard Hopkins. Right is right and wrong is wrong, regardless of the intent. Bernard shouldn't get a pass just because he was "promoting a fight." If that's the case, then all Floyd Mayweather has to do is say that he was pumping a future fight with Manny and all should be forgiven. LOL. Just saying.
thehype
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 4 2010, 01:28 AM) *
I know a couple of white heavyweights who aren't afraid to do their talking by methodically dismantling every fighter in their way regardless of skin color or the whining bitch critics.

But those aren't the type of white fighters who would spit racial stereotypes before doing it. You're not going to hear Wladimir Klitschko say, "I'll never lose to a black man," simply because that's not the type of person he is. The questin was "what if a white boxer would make those comments," so first you have to find the right kind of white fighter that would go there...THEN I'll let you know what if. Jason Litzau is the type of white fighter that might say it...maybe Paulie Malignaggi. Actually, Paulie wouldn't even say it because he probably thinks of himself as a black fighter. LOL. Matt Vanda maybe. He's kinda grimey like that. I can see him saying something like, "I'll never lose to an illegal immigrant." I don't know. I'd love to see it happen though. Kelly Pavlik should pull some shit like that. LOL.
Snoop
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 4 2010, 05:57 PM) *
But those aren't the type of white fighters who would spit racial stereotypes before doing it. You're not going to hear Wladimir Klitschko say, "I'll never lose to a black man," simply because that's not the type of person he is. The questin was "what if a white boxer would make those comments," so first you have to find the right kind of white fighter that would go there...THEN I'll let you know what if. Jason Litzau is the type of white fighter that might say it...maybe Paulie Malignaggi. Actually, Paulie wouldn't even say it because he probably thinks of himself as a black fighter. LOL. Matt Vanda maybe. He's kinda grimey like that. I can see him saying something like, "I'll never lose to an illegal immigrant." I don't know. I'd love to see it happen though. Kelly Pavlik should pull some shit like that. LOL.

LMAO. Holy fuck I can totally imagine these guys saying shit like that, ESPECIALLY Kelly Pavlik. But he wouldn't even do it with any intention, I think he would genuinely see nothing wrong with comments that could come off racist. I just always got that vibe off him. laugh.gif
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 4 2010, 09:41 AM) *
I never said he deserved any kind of "pass", but in my opinion, there is no difference. I merely mentioned that I see it EVERY DAY simply because comments like that are not shocking to me at all, nor do I see why they're shocking to anyone else, because I'm quite sure in some way, shape, or form, everyone has heard, or even made, comments like that in the past, present, and will probably make them in the future. I mean, Floyd Mayweather saying he was going to make "Poochiao" serve him some "sushi rolls" after he cooks him with "cats and dogs", to me, is no different than Bob Arum saying he was offered his "own camel" by representatives in Abu Dhabi or that MMA is nothing but a bunch of "homosexuals" and "skinheads". I mean, are all of those comments racist? Maybe...maybe not...I guess it depends on how you look at it. Do all Arabs conduct business transactions with "camels"? Are all white people with bald heads "skinheads"? Do all Filipinos eat "sushi rolls" or "cats and dogs"? I mean, obviously, I don't think that's the case, but the stereotype is implied and accepted, therefore, the natural reaction is to throw out the race card. Whether he's a public figure or not is really meaningless, other than the fact that whatever he says will get far more exposure than something your coworker or neighbor might say. I mean, seriously, ask yourself how many times you've heard someone crack about an Asian's poor driving, a Mexican being legal or doing yard work, or all black guys looking alike? Is any of that true? No...of course not...but how many times do you actually correct someone if a joke is cracked?

dntknw.gif

Don't get me wrong...maybe you're the type to put a squash to it immediately, but from my experience, most people I know simply chuckle and keep it moving. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I am saying this is nothing new and to think that Floyd Mayweather is above saying something just as "racist" (if that's what it's called...although I like to refer to it as being a stereotypist) as something Bob Arum would say, to me, is ridiculous. It is funny, however, that Bob Arum has said things just as "racist", and yet, he didn't get nearly the attention that Floyd Mayweather got. Maybe it's the way he said it. I mean, Mayweather spittin' venom is a little different than Arum casually saying he was offered a "camel", but still, to me, it's the exact same thing. Is it not?

dntknw.gif

To me, being racist means that somone actually has hatred for a particular race. Do I really think that Floyd Mayweather has hatred towards Filipinos or Asians? No! Does he have hatred for Manny Pacquiao, therefore he chose to use some stereotypical phrases to degrade him? Absolutely! Was it right or wrong? It depends on when and how it's said, apparently, but what Floyd Mayweather did say is no different than what gets said DAILY, which again, is the reason why I brought up the example of the "idiot nobodies" in the comment section. When I see someone use words like "nigger" or "monkey", do I really think that they're racist? No! More than likely, they're just pissed off fans who are simply venting the only way they know how. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are a couple of racist "nobodies" mixed in there, but just because I see somone use a racial stereotype, I simply don't view them as being racist. Maybe that's just me though...being of mixed decent, I simply don't pay too much mind about words or simple phrases that people use to get a reaction. Now, if someone is holding a demonstration or going out of their way to prove the superiority of their race, that's a different story. But when someone is just spitting some venom because they're looking to get a reaction, to me, that's not racism...that's just hatred for a particular person.

But whatever...I really could care less what Floyd says or does outside of the ring. I'm only interested in what he does inside the ring. Now, what his sponsors might think about the things that he said is up to them, but that has absolutely no impact on me at all. I don't wear Reebok and I don't use AT&T, but if I did, whatever Floyd Mayweather said STILL wouldn't have any impact on me buying their products. Seeing as how most, not all, but most of his sponsors are probably just using him to tap into the "urban" market, I doubt it will have much impact on their sales either. Boxing is a niche sport, so for the most part, what he did say won't get the type of exposure that a Mel Gibson or a Tiger Woods might get for their actions.

I'm just saying, don't act like it's something new or shocking when you already see and hear it every day. That doesn't necessarily make it right, but it also doesn't necessarily make it wrong just because it's Floyd Mayweather saying it as opposed to Bob Arum saying it. Just my take on it though.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch some comedy, where it's okay for people to crack racial stereotypes about all ethnic backgrounds.

laugh.gif

Just because it dont bother you and because you here shit like this all the time doesnt make what PBF said right. Anykind of biggotry or racist stuff is unaccecptable from anybody, especially from public figures. And especially in a day and age of having the first black president. Just because one person says one thing makes it right for another person to say it? Just because Arum or anybody says stupid ass shit doesnt make is ok for PBF to say this. Anyway you try to compare this Hype, what PBF said is cowardly, racist and just plain uneducated. I mean you may try to lump what PBF says in with all the other racist biggot things you heard in your life but dude PBF is on a different level of the average Joe. He's a major public figure, the aka face of boxing, so people listen to what he says. Plus are we as a public suppose to say, "Ohh fuck it i here this shit all the time so it ok". PBF is a true coward and hides behind his money that will evenually be gone one day.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 3 2010, 11:55 PM) *
I don't know how many white boxers would say that today...probably because most would be too scared about getting their ass kicked in the ring...lol....

Uhmmm that makes no sence at all. Either you feel white boxers are afraid of black ones, or you think that they would be afraid to motivate a black boxer before a fight. I never bought into the whole bullitan board material garbage. If you need motivation before going into a fight, you need to find a new profession. Going into the ring tense and wound up serves nothing but to tire you out early.

People are people, im no more afraid of one race than any other.
leonthegee
floyds 32 and just fought in may. it's not his fault manny had a novemeber fight date already schedule. floyds not gonna put himself in an 8 to 10 week training camp 3 months after he just fought.
pcraw
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Sep 4 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Just because it dont bother you and because you here shit like this all the time doesnt make what PBF said right. Anykind of biggotry or racist stuff is unaccecptable from anybody, especially from public figures. And especially in a day and age of having the first black president. Just because one person says one thing makes it right for another person to say it? Just because Arum or anybody says stupid ass shit doesnt make is ok for PBF to say this. Anyway you try to compare this Hype, what PBF said is cowardly, racist and just plain uneducated. I mean you may try to lump what PBF says in with all the other racist biggot things you heard in your life but dude PBF is on a different level of the average Joe. He's a major public figure, the aka face of boxing, so people listen to what he says. Plus are we as a public suppose to say, "Ohh fuck it i here this shit all the time so it ok". PBF is a true coward and hides behind his money that will evenually be gone one day.

So Muhammad Ali calling Joe Frazier a monkey wasn't racist because he was talking about another black man? We all got a kick out of that. Public figure or not it's freedom of speech. Not saying you have to like it or agree with it.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (pcraw @ Sep 4 2010, 06:04 PM) *
So Muhammad Ali calling Joe Frazier a monkey wasn't racist because he was talking about another black man? We all got a kick out of that. Public figure or not it's freedom of speech. Not saying you have to like it or agree with it.

You can try to spin it how you can and i understand why, since you guys have a close relationship with Floyd Sr. But what PBF said was way out of line and anybody that tries to defend it is way out of line also. You are right it is a free country and we can say what we want without having to worry about going to jail but dont think that means that we the people cant have the reaction we have when stupid shit is said. Any kind of racism or bigotry from anybody is just plain unacceptable. You and Hype can give a pass to PBF because you say other people have said stupid shit before, but that dont make it right. There is just no defending what he said plain and simple.
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Sep 4 2010, 02:05 PM) *

I actually never even said whether or not it was "right" or "wrong"...I'm merely saying it's not that big of a deal. I mean, you say "any kind of biggotry or racist stuff is unacceptable from anybody", and yet, we see it ALL THE TIME...whether the intent is to harm or to joke, whether it's in a movie, on TV, on the radio, in a music video, in a book, whether you're taught it in school, whether you're taught it in church (I hope you're not Catholic, because I hear they aren't too fond of homosexuality)...the point is, some people are acting like Floyd firing off some racial stereotypes about Manny Pacquiao is DESPICABLE, and yet, those same people probably fire off racial stereotypes on a daily basis. Whether they do it publicly or privately, it still happens and you hear it all the time...you probably even crack jokes based on racial stereotypes yourself. We're surrounded by it EVERY DAY, so to pretend like you're all pissed off because Floyd Mayweather said "sushi rolls", "yellow midget" or "cats and dogs," well, to me, that's just being nitpicky.

I never implied that because Arum said something, it's okay for Floyd to say something similar. I merely pointed out that Bob Arum, Manny Pacquiao's own promoter, didn't receive the same kind of reaction that Floyd did. I mean, shit, I saw some Pacquiao fans were so upset about Floyd using the word "faggot", they wanted to start a petition and send it to GLAAD. I mean, okay, that's cool, and I get it, but were those same Pacquiao fans that upset when Bob Arum called mixed martial artists a bunch of "homosexuals" and "skinheads"? No...they weren't...and chance are, you probably weren't that upset either. Assuming you even knew that he said that, you probably just brushed it off and thought to yourself, "man, ol' Arum is grumpy," or "hell yeah, tell 'em Bob!" But surely, what Arum said was just as "bigoted", "ignorant" and "uneducated" as anything that Floyd said. In fact, some might consider it worse. After all, what Floyd said was directed towards one person, whereas what Arum said was decorated at a whole group of people. Again, that's not to say one person was more right or wrong for what they said, but I'm simply pointing out that, for some reason, one person gets a totally different reaction than the other person, despite the fact that both were similar situations.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly does having the first black president have to do with anything? Does that mean all racial stereotypes have to cease to exist because, thank God almighty, we have our first black president? And hell, when we finally did get our first black president, I saw more jokes being spread around with racial stereotypes than I had ever seen. How many of you chuckled when you saw a joke about Obama painting the White House black? Or how about the national bird being changed from the bald eagle to fried chicken?

dntknw.gif

How about this, if you're REALLY THAT concerend about putting an end to bigotry and racism in the world, instead of worrying about what Floyd Mayweather may or may not say, why not write a petition to some of these networks who air racial stereotypes on TV all the time. Shit, the fucking Jersey Shore is FILLED with racial stereotypes about "guidos" and "guidettes"...Good Times was filled with racial stereotypes about African Americans...hell, any comedian for that matter....Dave Chappelle (how many of you have laughed at his "jokes"), Carlos Mencia (fucking Beaner), George Lopez....I could go on and on and on about TV shows, reality TV, music videos, just a ton of shit that people "enjoy" on a daily basis that's LITTERED with FAR WORSE racial stereotypes than anything Floyd said.

And again, out of curiosity, since when do people listen to what Floyd Mayweather says?

laugh.gif

One minute he's an uneducated fool who simply babbles trash from his mouth, the next minute, the whole world is listening and paying attention to what he has to say.

laugh.gif

This is all really comedy to me.

laugh.gif

thehype
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 4 2010, 02:30 PM) *
Uhmmm that makes no sence at all. Either you feel white boxers are afraid of black ones, or you think that they would be afraid to motivate a black boxer before a fight. I never bought into the whole bullitan board material garbage. If you need motivation before going into a fight, you need to find a new profession. Going into the ring tense and wound up serves nothing but to tire you out early.

People are people, im no more afraid of one race than any other.

Ummmm...it makes perfect sense. Mainly, it means that there aren't THAT many top white fighters right now to begin with.

laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't exist, HOWEVER, in the grand scheme of things, if you're a white boxer, you're a minority, not the majority, and of that minority, very few have ever had the balls to add more fuel to the fire by playing the race card. And just so we're clear here, I never implied that a white fighter was afraid of a black fighter...hell, I never even implied that it had to be a black fighter (although it's interesting that you automatically assumed I was referring to a black fighter). I mean, Ricky Hatton could have taken a shot at Paulie Malignaggi and his Italian heritage. Matt Vanda could've taken a shot at Julio Cesar Chavez Jr....maybe something like, "When I get done with him, he's gonna make a run for the border." Hell, even Joe Calzaghe, he could have fired back at Hopkins and said, "Mate, I'll NEVER lose to a black guy!" In my opinion, that would have been HILARIOUS. Granted, they might have caught some flack over it, but I doubt it would have been as bad as people are trying to make Floyd's comments out to be. It's just, for whatever reason, they didn't feel the need to do that. In most cases, I think it's just because those partitcular guys are above that. However, there's a lot of boxers out there, some that people have never even heard of, and I'm quite sure there are some grimey white fighters out there who do have somewhat of a racist chip on their shoulder, however, chances are, I don't think any of them have spit that venom out prior to fighting an opponent of a different race. I could be wrong, but that's just my take on it. I definitley would have loved to hear Donny McCrary say something like, "The only two things from Oklahoma are steers and queers, and I don't see any horns on you boy," prior to his fight with Allan Green. Or maybe Brian Minto could have thrown out something like, "I'll whip Arreola so bad, he'll have to get a green card to fight in the States again." LOL. Unfortunately, neither one of them said it.

As for needing motivation going into a fight, if you ask me, THAT is what makes no sense at all. If you're not motivated for a fight, chances are, you're probably going to get upset. EVERY fighter should be motivated for a fight. Now, HOW they motivate themselves is a different story. Some fighters don't need to talk smack to motivate themselves...others do...but regardless, you best be motivated to fight because if you're not, you're going to get caught slippin. Just because a fighter talks smack before a fight, that doesn't mean that they're "tense and wound up."

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Sep 4 2010, 08:40 PM) *
You can try to spin it how you can and i understand why, since you guys have a close relationship with Floyd Sr. But what PBF said was way out of line and anybody that tries to defend it is way out of line also. You are right it is a free country and we can say what we want without having to worry about going to jail but dont think that means that we the people cant have the reaction we have when stupid shit is said. Any kind of racism or bigotry from anybody is just plain unacceptable. You and Hype can give a pass to PBF because you say other people have said stupid shit before, but that dont make it right. There is just no defending what he said plain and simple.

I'm not spinning anything...nor am I defending anyone...I'm simply saying, to me, it's not as serious as you're making it sound. Truth be told, I laughed when he said it. Don't get me wrong, I KNEW he would get a ton of negative feedback, but it still made me chuckle...I mean, the whole "Poochiao" and "cats and dogs" angle is kind of funny considering that Manny's dad chopped up his pet dog for dinner. That's just funny to me. I ain't saying it's right...but it did make me chuckle...just like Dave Chappelle makes me chuckle...just like I chuckled when Hopkins said he'll never lose to a white boy....just like I chuckled when Riddick Bowe slapped the shit out of Jorge Gonzales (now THAT shit was funny)...just like I laughed when Hopkins served Tito up that last meal of beans and rice. To me, that shit is funny. Is all of it right? Absolutely not...but it's also not upsetting me the same way that I would be upset if someone said, "I can't stand fuckin wetbacks. They all stink and look greasy and dirty," or "I hate fuckin chinks. Those slanty-eyed motherfuckers can't drive worth shit because they can't see and are too short to look over the steering wheel." I mean, to me, there's a big difference in saying something like that and anything that any fighter has ever said....well, at least any fighter of the modern era...I mean, who knows what was being said back when Jack Johnson was fighting. But if you're going to take a stand against racism and bigotry, don't just take a stand when Floyd Mayweather says something. If you're going to get pissed about Floyd making comments regarding "sushi rolls" and "cats and dogs," then also get pissed about Bob Arum talking about "camels"...also get pissed about Don King implying that Golden Boy can't deal with Floyd because they don't speak "ghettoese." I mean, what the fuck does that mean? Ghettoese???

Shit, if you want to talk about "bigotry" and "racisim", man, I can't tell you how many times someone hears my voice on the phone and the first thing they say is, "Man, you sound white." WTF? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN? First of all, I am half white, so how the fuck were you expecting me to sound? Second of all, what the fuck does sounding white mean? Is it because I don't speak with slang? Is it because I sound educated? What is it that makes me sound "white" as opposed to sounding "black"? And how exactly are black people supposed to sound? Truth be told, as far as I'm concerned, I'm FAR MORE offended when I hear people say that than anything Floyd said. In fact, there's probably even people on this board right now who have said that to me. I know plenty of other writers and website owners who have said that to me. "Man, you sound white." Or if they've only talked to me on the phone, sometimes when I meet them in person for the first time, they're like, "Man, I thought you were white." WTF? Do I think they're racist? No. Of course not. But like I said, in my opinon, to think that a certain race should sound a particular way, that's worse than Floyd saying he's going to "chop Poochiao up with cats and dogs."
Warlord
thehype
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 4 2010, 11:03 PM) *

I'm offended. You racist bastard!

laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Floyd "Mel Gibson" Mayweather
pcraw
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Sep 4 2010, 08:40 PM) *

My relationship with Floyd Sr. or President Obama has nothing to do with saying, it's not that big of a deal to me what Floyd said. I mean, we want to take political stance on a boxer shit talking (because at the end of the day that's all it is) a potential opponent. I hear they don't like Tiger Woods fist pumping in golf, maybe that will suit some of you guys. Seriously, I mean where were these political stance when Don Imus was spewing racial slurs towards the female basketball team, or when Kramer called that dude a nigger all the way out of the door? A simple apology and they were right back in their perspective settings; radio and television. Hell, Rush Limbaugh is a main stay in the TV and radio world and he's a known racist. Howard Stern says more offensive shit, so let's hold everyone to that standard...we do that and daytime TV would be non existent. No one is defending or saying it's right I'm just saying don't act like this is the first time you're hearing it. Have you ever watched Family Guy or the new "Black" version of Family Guy? Yeah...that's stereotypes for your ass right there. I'm sure you're not so perfect where you didn't giggle at Stern, Limbaugh or Imus for that matter. Or any of the comedians that Hype named.

Were you this pissed a week ago when Dr. Laura said nigga on air like 5 times to that caller? Or when Arizona said, we can stop any Mexican and ask for I.D.? Thought not!
thehype
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 5 2010, 12:22 AM) *
By the way, my wife's uncle killed their pet dog, chopped him up, boiled him and fed him to her and her siblings for dinner when he was babysitting them one night. Her dad was pretty pissed when he got home. But he soon forgave his bro (probably after sampling the stew). Just sayin', it aint just Koreans and Filipinos that enjoy a well cooked pooch.

I eat rice and sushi rolls too. I think I forgot to be offended.

laugh.gif

Then again, I also eat sauerkraut and schnitzel.

laugh.gif

Ironically, I'm not too big on fried chicken, although watermelons taste good. I hate the seeds though...gotta be a seedless one.

I did have chinese takeout from a spot one time where the meat tasted so strange...I swore up and down it was some cat or dog.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 5 2010, 01:32 AM) *
I eat rice and sushi rolls too. I think I forgot to be offended.

laugh.gif

Then again, I also eat sauerkraut and schnitzel.

laugh.gif

Ironically, I'm not too big on fried chicken, although watermelons taste good. I hate the seeds though...gotta be a seedless one.

I did have chinese takeout from a spot one time where the meat tasted so strange...I swore up and down it was some cat or dog.

During the Korean DMZ crisis in 1978, I was stationed on a mountain outside of Pohang waiting for the North Koreans to invade. After a few weeks I got a 12 hour pass to Pohang. I was walking down the street and this dude had some bamboo skewers of meet grilling on a habachi. It smelled a lot better than the C-Rats I had been eating for weeks. I bought three skewers for the equivalent of about 15 cents (probably overpaid). Shit was tasty but I couldn't place the type of meat so I asked the dude. He replied "dah." I asked "What?" he repeated "dah." I said "what?" He said "woof, woof, woof, dah, dah!" I gave him back the other two skewers and he put them back on the cooler side of the grill.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 5 2010, 01:47 AM) *
During the Korean DMZ crisis in 1978, I was stationed on a mountain outside of Pohang waiting for the North Koreans to invade. After a few weeks I got a 12 hour pass to Pohang. I was walking down the street and this dude had some bamboo skewers of meet grilling on a habachi. It smelled a lot better than the C-Rats I had been eating for weeks. I bought three skewers for the equivalent of about 15 cents (probably overpaid). Shit was tasty but I couldn't place the type of meat so I asked the dude. He replied "dah." I asked "What?" he repeated "dah." I said "what?" He said "woof, woof, woof, dah, dah!" I gave him back the other two skewers and he put them back on the cooler side of the grill.

I ate frogs legs once, (but to be fair I was in a restaurant in Paris). Does this count? laugh.gif

Damn French waiters and their garlic 'chicken'!!
ROLL DEEP
I've just got back from Turkey.....you would not believe the amount of watermelon they eat over there!
Hops
So, the question is:

Are we now allowed to do some Mayweather type of racism without getting banned in this board?
ROLL DEEP
Yeah, we can!

F all you watermelon eatin' blacks.

F all you rice and dog eatin' yellow bastards.

F all you hamburger eatin' whiteys.

F all you curry eatin' brown boys.

I think that's about it? laugh.gif

I'm sure Stevenski can help me out....
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 5 2010, 12:32 PM) *
Yeah, we can!

F all you watermelon eatin' blacks.

F all you rice and dog eatin' yellow bastards.

F all you hamburger eatin' whiteys.

F all you curry eatin' brown boys.

I think that's about it? laugh.gif

I'm sure Stevenski can help me out....

F all you skinny young people.

I'm feelin' it, RD.
thehype
QUOTE (Hops @ Sep 5 2010, 07:18 AM) *
So, the question is:

Are we now allowed to do some Mayweather type of racism without getting banned in this board?

I always thought that type of shit went on anyway. For instance...

Manny "The Mexicutioner" Pacquiao is going to beat the shit out of Margarito because he's your typical slow, face-first Mexican fighter.

laugh.gif

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (pcraw @ Sep 4 2010, 11:57 PM) *
My relationship with Floyd Sr. or President Obama has nothing to do with saying, it's not that big of a deal to me what Floyd said. I mean, we want to take political stance on a boxer shit talking (because at the end of the day that's all it is) a potential opponent. I hear they don't like Tiger Woods fist pumping in golf, maybe that will suit some of you guys. Seriously, I mean where were these political stance when Don Imus was spewing racial slurs towards the female basketball team, or when Kramer called that dude a nigger all the way out of the door? A simple apology and they were right back in their perspective settings; radio and television. Hell, Rush Limbaugh is a main stay in the TV and radio world and he's a known racist. Howard Stern says more offensive shit, so let's hold everyone to that standard...we do that and daytime TV would be non existent. No one is defending or saying it's right I'm just saying don't act like this is the first time you're hearing it. Have you ever watched Family Guy or the new "Black" version of Family Guy? Yeah...that's stereotypes for your ass right there. I'm sure you're not so perfect where you didn't giggle at Stern, Limbaugh or Imus for that matter. Or any of the comedians that Hype named.

Were you this pissed a week ago when Dr. Laura said nigga on air like 5 times to that caller? Or when Arizona said, we can stop any Mexican and ask for I.D.? Thought not!

great post.. couldn't have been said better...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 5 2010, 04:48 AM) *
I ate frogs legs once, (but to be fair I was in a restaurant in Paris). Does this count? laugh.gif

Damn French waiters and their garlic 'chicken'!!

ollie.. frogs legs can be found in most seafood restrants here in south east texas and in lousiana... they are the shit!!!.. i love fried frogs legs.. lol... are you saying in other parts of the us people dont eat them?...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 5 2010, 07:09 PM) *
ollie.. frogs legs can be found in most seafood restrants here in south east texas and in lousiana... they are the shit!!!.. i love fried frogs legs.. lol... are you saying in other parts of the us people dont eat them?...

Unfortunately, frogs legs are not a regular menu item up north, JLUV. You can find them in certain restaurants, but they are not the rule. There's a little spot on Robson in Vancouver, B.C. that does them right. and there's a shrimp shack a few miles away that serves frogs legs and specializes in gator. Not bad too.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 5 2010, 07:09 PM) *

I was just taking the piss.
Hittman25
just to let u knw we are all a little rascist......if ur white mexican black asian whatever we all talk a lil shit bout each other......were not all saints u fuckin queers
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 5 2010, 08:45 PM) *
Unfortunately, frogs legs are not a regular menu item up north, JLUV. You can find them in certain restaurants, but they are not the rule. There's a little spot on Robson in Vancouver, B.C. that does them right. and there's a shrimp shack a few miles away that serves frogs legs and specializes in gator. Not bad too.

im in cajun country beardo.. real cajun country... i love gator too... lol... fried alligator is the shit man... lol..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Sep 5 2010, 11:55 PM) *
just to let u knw we are all a little rascist......if ur white mexican black asian whatever we all talk a lil shit bout each other......were not all saints u fuckin queers

you make a valid point hitman but dont know if you should have called the guys queers... i agree tho... at the end of the day it is human nature to side with the person, team entity etc that most closely reflects who you are as a person... rather we like it or not its in us all...
JLUVBABY

great video from my boy ragu on the floyd jr racism issue.... if you have the time check it out and comment.... great perspective....
Run and Gun Game Calls
Seriously, I mean where were these political stance when Don Imus was spewing racial slurs towards the female basketball team, or when Kramer called that dude a nigger all the way out of the door?

LOL are you serious? IMus and Kramer were both the topic of huge discussion on CNN and FOX NEWS. Not just a side story on espn as Mayweathers comments have been. Imus lost his job,and Kramer has not found substantial work sence. Yes Imus found another job eventually, but dont pretend Floyd is getting worse treatment than they did for racist comments, because it just isnt fact.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Seriously, I mean where were these political stance when Don Imus was spewing racial slurs towards the female basketball team, or when Kramer called that dude a nigger all the way out of the door?

LOL are you serious? IMus and Kramer were both the topic of huge discussion on CNN and FOX NEWS. Not just a side story on espn as Mayweathers comments have been. Imus lost his job,and Kramer has not found substantial work sence. Yes Imus found another job eventually, but dont pretend Floyd is getting worse treatment than they did for racist comments, because it just isnt fact.
Hittman25
i mean queers in a good way
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Sep 6 2010, 01:32 PM) *
i mean queers in a good way

lol... didnt know there was a good way to call somebody queer... lol...
thehype
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 6 2010, 12:58 PM) *

I think what he meant was, where was YOUR stance...but regardless, I think a better question to have asked you is where is the outrage when someone refers to a boxer as having a "mexican" style? Why is THAT not considered to be as "racist" as anything Floyd said? I mean, what we're talking about here are comments about stereotypes, so wouldn't saying someone has a "mexican" style be just as bad? I mean, what the fuck is a "mexican" style to begin with?

dntknw.gif

I bet you know what's implied by that though, right?

laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 7 2010, 12:00 AM) *
Ok, here is what we have so far from people.

• What Floyd said was racist
    or
  • But other people who aren't Floyd Mayweather have done it.

laugh.gif

We don't have Floyd nuthuggers defending him on the actual comment, the whole defence is based on"but so and so said racist crap before.

Judge:What you did was a serious crime
Defendant: But other people have committed much more aggravated sexual assaults than me. I'm not the only one.

The whole defence for Floyd seems to be based on 'other people have said the same', lol.

The only defense is he is an athletically gifted moron. Who really gives a shit what dribbles from his yapper?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.