Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congratulations Ricky Burns!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lloyd mayflower
Dont know if anyone saw Burns v Roman Martinez from Saturday night, but Ricky made Rocky look like a fuckin club fighter, albeit a very hard hitting club fighter. Burns rangy style made Martinez resort to swinging for the fences almost from the start, to recover from a first round KD to then take the champs best shots and then his belt on your first trip onto the world stage as a heavy underdog is some feat.

Well done Ricky great performance
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 5 2010, 02:45 PM) *
Dont know if anyone saw Burns v Roman Martinez from Saturday night, but Ricky made Rocky look like a fuckin club fighter, albeit a very hard hitting club fighter. Burns rangy style made Martinez resort to swinging for the fences almost from the start, to recover from a first round KD to then take the champs best shots and then his belt on your first trip onto the world stage as a heavy underdog is some feat.

Few saw this one coming (nobody in The Prediction League). I hope I get a chance to see it. Sounds like my kind of fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 5 2010, 01:45 PM) *

i watched that fight on stream yesterday.... it was apparent early on that neither one has major skill and will only be holding the title till someone comes along with real ability and take the title but it was a wonderful fight.... it had good back and fourth action and at the end of the day burns deserved to win the fight so no one can say it was a home decision.... he got the job done.. much props...
kidbazooka1
Never thought much of Martinez. I thought he would lose as soon as he stepped it up but didn't think it was gonna come against Burns.
lloyd mayflower
I'm not high on Burns yet, mainly cos I know the level hes been boxing, and sometimes struggling at prior to this. But that kinda makes this win more impressive. He has his flaws, the biggest of which is a lack of power, but to be fair to him, seemingly Martinez has a top notch chin, I reckon even with Burns alleged lack of power, a man with a lesser chin could have been put away. I also felt he would be a lot more effective if he got his decent jab a little more accurate. All of this said, I hope it means il get to attend some world title fights on my own patch for a change. Was gutted i couldnt make saturday night. Greed (overtime) got the better of me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.