Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danny Green vs BJ Flores
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
I seen the name Flores before, and while I admit I am not familiar with Flores at all, though I have always seen his name come up every now and again. Would I be right to assume that this is more of a solid test for Green? Can someone give me some info on him.

I think I remember BG (v.20 version, not biggeorge) having him on his roster as a heavyweight a few years back.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 8 2010, 07:57 AM) *
I seen the name Flores before, and while I admit I am not familiar with Flores at all, though I have always seen his name come up every now and again. Would I be right to assume that this is more of a solid test for Green? Can someone give me some info on him.

I think I remember BG (v.20 version, not biggeorge) having him on his roster as a heavyweight a few years back.

A solid test relative to RJJ? Yes.

I know he has been wanting to get into the UFC.

I don't think he has the power to keep Green at bay. BJ Flores does have considerable experience considering his extensive and successful amateur career. He really hasn't faced much tough comp. since turning pro and considering the level of comp. has not shown 1st tier power.

But who knows? Maybe they have been bringing him along slow just waiting for the right opportunity.

I believe his slow development may have something to do with the fact he is a Mormon (missions etc.).

I will definitely be interested in catching this fight if possible.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 8 2010, 07:57 AM) *

Yes, this is a respectable fight for Green. As long as there is no bullshit catchweight then Ill give him credit for this fight. Stylistically, Flores presents some problems for Green.
sweetchuck
BJ served his mission before turning pro, I think. He hasn't shown a lot of power, but to be fair, he has fought a lot of his career as a heavyweight. But he hasn't knocked out some of the guys everyone else does. He has solid skills and everything it would take to beat Green, afterall, it's not like Green is a great fighter himself. From reading reports from the press conference BJ has a noticable size difference. BJ is one of those guys who has been jerked around and has not gotten the opportunities he deserves, but in the same breath, he hasn't seized all the bigger fight offers he has been given. I hope he is getting paid decent, I know one of his fights he was only paid $25 and he was the main event. From what I hear, he was wanting to try MMA because he needs the money.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I like this fight a lot. BJ Flores likes to sit on the outside and try to box, while Green will bring the pressure. As already mentioned, Flores will have a nice size advantage since he's fought at heavyweight before. Green was fighting once at super middleweight. Flores also was able to hold off Darnell Wilson, who has a lot of power. Flores has a nice jab and that will keep Green at bay most of the fight. I don't think he has the size or strength to do damage even if he gets inside. I like Flores to win a decision in this.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 8 2010, 06:04 PM) *
Yep, that's the key part. Green is solid but not great, so I kind of had the feeling that this was a more respectable fight for him to take. Will be interested to see how Green goes.

BJ will be a solid test for Green and is definately capable of the upset win. He beat Darnell Wilson a couple of years back when Darnell was on a bit of a streak. In that fight he showed Darnell a lot of respect and kinda boxed from a safety position on the outside. Will Green let him get away with that? I doubt it, he will certainly bring a higher urgency than the ding-a-ling man and expect him to win by UD.
killer
Everybody's comments are right.
Bropho
QUOTE (killer @ Sep 10 2010, 03:34 AM) *
Everybody's comments are right.

yes, but have you considered that they could be wrong?
Mean Mister Mustard
Like Kyle said, Flores was able to hold off the Ding-a-ling-Man who is one of the hardest punching guys around, but Green, although not as huge a puncher, is quicker and he might catch Flores with an unexpected punch. That being said, what I have seen from Flores indicates that he's a very good outisde fighter who might be able to outbox Green.
JLUVBABY
this should be a good test for both fighters... should flores win which i expect him to he needs to really step his game up.. his career hit a brick wall a few years ago... studio comments on friday night fights about what he would do with this fighter or that fighter wont get the job done... he needs to be more active...
AussieLad
Theres no catch weight for this fight. Green will smoke him, despite the weight disadvantage.
D-MARV
If there's no Catchweight, I pick Flores by UD.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Sep 11 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Theres no catch weight for this fight. Green will smoke him, despite the weight disadvantage.

That and the fact that I believe no-one called 'BJ' should ever hold a world title of any description.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.