Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alexander v Bradley?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Enough of the PBF/QuackMeow/Mexican Cocktail/RJJ/GHaye/Fraudley/Klit/Peter dogmeat.

Let's talk about the future of boxing; Devon v Tim.

I don't really care who wins, though I'm taking Bradley. The fact that these young undefeated boxers are willing to put it all on the line versus one another is like stepping out of an over flowing port-a-pottie onto a cliff overlooking the Pacific with a cool sea breeze in my face.

Does Bradley have enough pop to get Alexander's respect?

Is Alexander ready for a seasoned boxer like Bradley?

Will this be a modern day version of the epic boxing rivalries of the 70s and 80s?

Or did I just jinx the whole thing?

It is up on Boxrec, for whatever that's worth.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 8 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Enough of the PBF/QuackMeow/Mexican Cocktail/RJJ/GHaye/Fraudley/Klit/Peter dogmeat.

Let's talk about the future of boxing; Devon v Tim.

I don't really care who wins, though I'm taking Bradley. The fact that these young undefeated boxers are willing to put it all on the line versus one another is like stepping out of an over flowing port-a-pottie onto a cliff overlooking the Pacific with a cool sea breeze in my face.

Does Bradley have enough pop to get Alexander's respect?

Is Alexander ready for a seasoned boxer like Bradley?

Will this be a modern day version of the epic boxing rivalries of the 70s and 80s?

Or did I just jinx the whole thing?

It is up on Boxrec, for whatever that's worth.

i think bradley thoroughly outclasses alexander, and i dont say that cuz of the kotelnik fight i think alexander lost... i just think alexander is a step slower in the speed category and maybe a few steps and i think bradley has more than enough pop to earn alexanders respect.... the way i see this fight breaking down with bradley throwing his quick soft combos from the get go taking some early rounds and setting down on his punches probably mid rounds or so... not saying bradley knocks alexander out but i think he wins a very convincing ud... im talking in that 119 or 118 range... just my opinion... i dont thin this fights close at all...
Box in Hand
Gimme Bradley in this one and God I hope it's a barn burner. Rather see this fight than Floyd vs. Manny right now besides I still think it'll be a mismatch in favor of Floyd anyways. I think Bradley vs. Alexander could equate to a nice little trilogy if all goes well.
Lil-lightsout
I have always thought Bradley takes this one, and no reason to change my mind now. I see Tim winning a competitive but clear UD. If you appreciate good boxing, this fight should not disappoint.
D-MARV
Good fight. Khan beats both their asses.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 8 2010, 11:05 PM) *

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/safe_pa/nohekhant.jpg
Spyder

laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 8 2010, 11:05 PM) *

He should man up and take on Maidana. Now!

Then we have ourselves a tourney.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 8 2010, 10:05 PM) *

i have to agree if any 140 beats bradley khan will be the fighter to do it... not sure he can but thats the fight that needs to be made....
King Eugene
Since Khan is longer and taller I think Khan would be able to stay on the outside and outbox Bradley similar to how he did Paulie but not as easy. Bradley throws a lot of looping shots and Khan goes straight down the barrel. It would be interesting but I'd pick Khan over Bradley, Alexander over Khan, Bradley vs. Alexander is a toss up, and Maidana would lose to Ortiz if they ever fight again....IMO
sweetchuck
I think this is a great boxing match, it will be a high skilled boxing match, more of what we need. We need fights like this and a Sergio Martinez-Paul Williams rematch to bring back boxing. I think Alexander will barely edge Bradley, something like 115-113 by using his jab and keeping Bradley at the end of his punches.

Khan beats neither of them, what he destroys Paulie and all of a sudden he's the leader, please.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (sweetchuck @ Sep 9 2010, 01:53 AM) *
Khan beats neither of them, what he destroys Paulie and all of a sudden he's the leader, please.

Yeah. No doubt Khan got some really nice range and skills, but sorry his chin will eventually fail him again. There is no real reason anyone should favor him over Alexander or Bradley.
King Eugene
I remember KT getting knocked out before but no one is claiming he has an all time weak chin. Not trying to make the comparison skill wise but just because he got his bell rung once doesn't mean its necessarily going to happen again. It was early in the fight...Khan will be alright.
BigG
140 is full of talent...

I think Bradley will come out on top. For me its

1. Bradley
2. Alexander
3. Khan
4. Maidana
5. Ortiz

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 9 2010, 02:17 AM) *
I remember KT getting knocked out before but no one is claiming he has an all time weak chin. Not trying to make the comparison skill wise but just because he got his bell rung once doesn't mean its necessarily going to happen again. It was early in the fight...Khan will be alright.

Well your comparison is not a fair one.

Kostya got stopped later in the fight after being exhausted, and he shown earlier to take numerous big punches by Vince Phillips. It was more the accumulation of punches and being fatigued that doomed Tsyzu, than having a weak chin.

There have been rumors for a bit even before Prescott stopped Khan about his shaky chin. And to see how badly he reacted in that fight showed me what his chin is made of. Maybe it's not as bad as say a Mark Breland, but I just can not see him standing up to some of the fighters in the 140 pound division.

Time will tell.

King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 9 2010, 02:52 AM) *
Well your comparison is not a fair one.

Kostya got stopped later in the fight after being exhausted, and he shown earlier to take numerous big punches by Vince Phillips. It was more the accumulation of punches and being fatigued that doomed Tsyzu, than having a weak chin.

There have been rumors for a bit even before Prescott stopped Khan about his shaky chin. And to see how badly he reacted in that fight showed me what his chin is made of. Maybe it's not as bad as say a Mark Breland, but I just can not see him standing up to some of the fighters in the 140 pound division.

Time will tell.

Your right with that assessment. Prescott was just as long as Khan though. Nobody else will be able to reach him the way Prescott did. I'm pretty sure he'll keep every fight at a distance from now on out.

And KT avenged that loss.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 9 2010, 03:01 AM) *
Your right with that assessment. Prescott was just as long as Khan though. Nobody else will be able to reach him the way Prescott did. I'm pretty sure he'll keep every fight at a distance from now on out.

Man I just do not see it. Look, I realize Khan has some nice damn outside skills and looked real nice last time out. I just can not see him keeping say a Ortiz, Maidana, or Bradley at bay for all 12 rounds. Hopefully all these dudes just get in the ring real soon, there are lots of good matches to be made.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 9 2010, 03:08 AM) *
Man I just do not see it. Look, I realize Khan has some nice damn outside skills and looked real nice last time out. I just can not see him keeping say a Ortiz, Maidana, or Bradley at bay for all 12 rounds. Hopefully all these dudes just get in the ring real soon, there are lots of good matches to be made.

Maidana maybe not but all he has to do is show more will power against Ortiz unless he bought a heart.
D-MARV
Manny Pacquiao got his block knocked off early in his career and now he's considered the best fighter in our era. I think it's sad that people trash a fighter because they lose a fight early. I rank Khan highly, not because of his resume but skills. Khan has fucking SKILL. I can't wait until this 140 shit clears up and Khan is (without a doubt) the man of the division. Khan beats Alexander pretty damn EASY! Bradley will make him sweat but Khan will hold him off.

Khan gives Mayweather all he can handle! Check That... Khan Gives Floyd a harder fight than Pacquiao. LOL
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 9 2010, 09:02 AM) *
Manny Pacquiao got his block knocked off early in his career and now he's considered the best fighter in our era. I think it's sad that people trash a fighter because they lose a fight early. I rank Khan highly, not because of his resume but skills. Khan has fucking SKILL. I can't wait until this 140 shit clears up and Khan is (without a doubt) the man of the division. Khan beats Alexander pretty damn EASY! Bradley will make him sweat but Khan will hold him off.

Khan gives Mayweather all he can handle! Check That... Khan Gives Floyd a harder fight than Pacquiao. LOL

Sorry, DMarv, but you have not done your homework on QuackMeow. He has never had "his block knocked off." He was KOed twice by body shots.

Khan is highly skilled. Almost as highly skilled as he has been highly protected. Khan beats up a dude who literally has featherdusters for fists and he is suddenly going to clear out the division and give PBF all he can handle? (or a tougher fight than QuackMeow?)

Dude, you're delusional. Let's see how he does with Maidana (which is up without a date on Boxrec).

To me Khan is a 140 lb version of Wlad. Unfortunately for Khan his division is full of young and hungry lions.

I'll give Khan the credit he deserves. In the meantime, people pointing out the fact that Khan's chin is cracked is nowhere near as sad as your delusions of grandeur for him.

Grab your collar with your off hand and slap yourself with an open claw. Get yourself together man!
Mean Mister Mustard
I expect Alexander to bring his best into this fight and make it competitive. Sure he looked bad against Kotelnik, but every fighter has an off night.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 9 2010, 09:42 AM) *
Sorry, DMarv, but you have not done your homework on QuackMeow. He has never had "his block knocked off." He was KOed twice by body shots.

Looks like you need to do you're homework... Pacquiao was indeed caught on the chin in one of his KO losses.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 9 2010, 12:40 PM) *
Looks like you need to do you're homework... Pacquiao was indeed caught on the chin in one of his KO losses.

Indeed, he was caught on the chin repeatedly, but he went down from body blows. And even if you are right about the Sing? loss (which I dispute) he just missed beating the count.

Khan, on the otherhand, probably couldn't count his fingers for a couple of days.

Khan could go on for the rest of his career and avoid getting clipped (though it is highly unlikely), but his chin is a pane of glass.
D-MARV
LOL... The ref could have counted to 100. Pacquiao was clearly in La La land.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 9 2010, 07:14 PM) *
LOL... The ref could have counted to 100. Pacquiao was clearly in La La land.

DMarv, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and this time I admit that you are completely delusional. QuackMeow was clearly dropped by body shots both times he was stopped. He was hurt several times by shots to the head but never went down. The first fight was clearly a shot to the solar plexus. It is not completely clear if it was the solar plexus, kidney or rib shot that got him against Singurat.

At that time in his career his body was weak and his punches were slappy.

He nearly beat the count in the second fight though he was clearly done. For you to even compare Khan's pane of glass to QuackMeow's chin is laughable. Khan's chin is glass and you know it. If he gets clipped by a Maidana shot in the early going he will crumple and you know it.

You know just as well as you know that if Peter catches Wlad the only question will be the hang time.

Khan is an excellent young boxer but he is going to have to be better than that to win his next two fights. You and every other Khan enthusiast better practice holding your breath. You are going to need free divers' lungs for December 11.

And you know it.
SmartyBeardo
Back to the subject.

I think Alexander underestimated Kotelnik. There is no chance of that happening with Bradley. That said, I just think Bradley is in his prime right now and is a bridge too far for Alexander. Alexander will have his opportunities because it is unlikely that Bradley will risk going for the KO. Because of Bradley's punch trajectory, I think Alexander may be able to catch him with a damaging upper cut that could turn the fight.

It is also possible that Alexander could build a decent lead early and make Bradley open up.

There will be more than one gut check moment in this fight. I'm betting Bradley's experience and heart pull him to an exciting victory.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 9 2010, 07:48 PM) *
DMarv, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and this time I admit that you are completely delusional. QuackMeow was clearly dropped by body shots both times he was stopped. He was hurt several times by shots to the head but never went down. The first fight was clearly a shot to the solar plexus. It is not completely clear if it was the solar plexus, kidney or rib shot that got him against Singurat.

At that time in his career his body was weak and his punches were slappy.

He nearly beat the count in the second fight though he was clearly done. For you to even compare Khan's pane of glass to QuackMeow's chin is laughable. Khan's chin is glass and you know it. If he gets clipped by a Maidana shot in the early going he will crumple and you know it.

You know just as well as you know that if Peter catches Wlad the only question will be the hang time.

Khan is an excellent young boxer but he is going to have to be better than that to win his next two fights. You and every other Khan enthusiast better practice holding your breath. You are going to need free divers' lungs for December 11.

And you know it.

I'll go ahead and put a end to this argument...

9:15 shows a good view. Pacquiao was clipped and NO WAY was he close to beating the count.

Maidana is the most overrated fighter in boxing right now, He's a low budget Gatti. He just barely got by Chop Chop Fucking Corley. Khan tea bags Maidana. To much skill, too much speed, and just flat better. Bradley is the only fighter I see giving Khan a hard time. And for the record, I'm not a Khan fan. I think he's the best fighter at 140 though.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 9 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Because of Bradley's punch trajectory, I think Alexander may be able to catch him with a damaging upper cut that could turn the fight.

Exactly my thinking I saw at least three awful left hooks by bradley that left him off balance and open. Which is why I said Devon and zab who are know for those sweet uppercuts can catch bradley and have him in trouble.

For the record I would like to see the winner take on either the kahn/Maidana winner or a judah before taking on pac or going to PPV
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 9 2010, 06:38 PM) *
Maidana is the most overrated fighter in boxing right now, He's a low budget Gatti. He just barely got by Chop Chop Fucking Corley. Khan tea bags Maidana. To much skill, too much speed, and just flat better. Bradley is the only fighter I see giving Khan a hard time. And for the record, I'm not a Khan fan. I think he's the best fighter at 140 though.

agree maidana has horrible footwork someone compared him to baldomir and even I thought that was an insult to baldomir. Look at the Corley fight there are four to five left hooks where Maidanas right leg ends up in front of his left!

Now for Khan, talent wise yes but that Weak chin scares me a bit too much. any guy with pop like Devon, zab, yes even Maidana(punchers chance) can catch him.

Now I actually disagree and think the best fight for khan would be bradley who is a lil chinny and doesnt carry power like the other guys mentioned.
BigG
Alexander is Khan's toughest fight...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 9 2010, 08:38 PM) *
I'll go ahead and put a end to this argument...

9:15 shows a good view. Pacquiao was clipped and NO WAY was he close to beating the count.

No way he could of counted to more than 40 or so. OK, I saw the shot catch him on the way to the body. The funny thing is that I even let myself get into the position of defending QuackMeow. I had not seen that tape in years and never in slowMo. Thanks.

Your comparison is still shit though, DMarv, and you know it. Khan is headed to the Land of Big John Tate Sleep. It might not be against Maidana, but it is coming as sure as next winter.

Funny how you believe that "Maidana is the most overrated fighter in boxing right now." Really? I have yet to hear anyone rate Maidana highly. Maybe I'm wrong (again) but I have yet to read a post taking Maidana. So rating him as a tough fighter is too high? If anyone is rating a fighter too highly it would be you rating Khan. But hey, maybe he will prove you right. Or maybe he will be visiting The Land of Twitch, repeatedly.

Either way, eventually you will be able to exhale.

I'm taking Khan but I will be pulling for Maidana, not to clip him with one shot, but rather to punish him and then drop him into a heap.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 9 2010, 10:43 PM) *
No way he could of counted to more than 40 or so. OK, I saw the shot catch him on the way to the body. The funny thing is that I even let myself get into the position of defending QuackMeow. I had not seen that tape in years and never in slowMo. Thanks.

Your comparison is still shit though, DMarv, and you know it. Khan is headed to the Land of Big John Tate Sleep. It might not be against Maidana, but it is coming as sure as next winter.

Funny how you believe that "Maidana is the most overrated fighter in boxing right now." Really? I have yet to hear anyone rate Maidana highly. Maybe I'm wrong (again) but I have yet to read a post taking Maidana. So rating him as a tough fighter is too high? If anyone is rating a fighter too highly it would be you rating Khan. But hey, maybe he will prove you right. Or maybe he will be visiting The Land of Twitch, repeatedly.

Either way, eventually you will be able to exhale.

I'm taking Khan but I will be pulling for Maidana, not to clip him with one shot, but rather to punish him and then drop him into a heap.

Fair Enough... I may be rating Khan too high but it's just one of those gut feelings I have about the guy. I'm aware of his chin but with this new high guard defense I think it's gonna be tough to catch Khan flush. Also, he has the X factor in his corner... that's Alex Ariza, LOL.

There were a lot of people (not you) that were high on Maidana after the Ortiz fight. Let me say this... Maidana is nothing more than a C class fighter. Yes, he's tough but very very limited. He not even holding Mayorga's jock. Mayorga actually had some good damn wins. Maidana does not!
King Eugene
To Maidana's credit he is still young though. Didn't he release a statement or something a while back stating he wanted to fight the best but was having management issues or something like that? I could have him mistaken for somebody else though.

With that being said I'd still pick Khan over him for 12 straight rounds with a couple of scares here and there.

He gives Bradley a shit load of problems and Bradley will be caught eventually coming in wild and wide against Alexander. Crazy thing about that is I think Bradley be winning the fight up until that point.
PR316
Im going with Alexander over Bradley. He didn't have a great night against Kotelnik but it was clear to me that something was off with Alexander that night. He didn't look himself. He was in shape but he wasn't sharp. I think he took Kotelnik pretty lightly and he does need to step it up.

I suspect he will against Bradley and he'll win a close but deserved UD.
SmartyBeardo
Finally watched Kotelnik get robbed v Alexander.

Sorry, Alexander was severely exposed. Bradley outboxes, out-quicks, and out-points Alexander.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.