Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN3: Klitschko vs Peter II @ approximately 2PM PT/4CT/5ET
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
SENTRAL
Wladimir methodically broke down another inferior opponent. It wasnt good viewing but he was clinical and once again underlines how poor the division is. Every single heavyweight champion in history has faced inferior level opponents at some point during their reign but Wladimir and his big brother Vitali are unlucky enough to dominate in an era worse than any other in memory. I say this is unlucky because however you or I feel about them, we can never give them a fair ride because the division is stacked with bums. And thats not their fault.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 12 2010, 03:05 AM) *
Wladimir methodically broke down another inferior opponent. It wasnt good viewing but he was clinical and once again underlines how poor the division is. Every single heavyweight champion in history has faced inferior level opponents at some point during their reign but Wladimir and his big brother Vitali are unlucky enough to dominate in an era worse than any other in memory. I say this is unlucky because however you or I feel about them, we can never give them a fair ride because the division is stacked with bums. And thats not their fault.

I'm prepared to meet you half way on that one. I think your statement as regards to Vitali is a fair one but Wladimir.................I'm sorry but to own losses to Sanders, Brewster and particularly Ross 'The Boss' Puritty on your way up is unacceptable. Sure I've seen greats lose to journeymen at the tail end of their careers when they're just fighting for money but not many real good ones lose to that kind of caliber at the start of their careers.

Wladimr has improved immeasureably since then but I'm afraid those sorts of losses put a big ole question mark over him for mine.

I would like to have seen how the brothers fared in the mid to late 90's, Bowe, Ibeabuchi, Tua, Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis, Ruddock, those kind of guys. Like you say we can never know for sure, but methinks they would've got eaten up and spat out.
Fitz
Wlad was just way too dominant, and I wish he would open up more. He is an effective fighter when he opens. Based on this, I don't know how Toney against Wlad would ever be a good idea.
I really can't see anybody beating Wlad, if anyone had a chance, it would be Haye and he probably has the best 'one shot' chance out most, but he is still getting stopped by Wlad. He just comes in shape and so dedicated all the time. A dominating performance.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 12 2010, 03:40 AM) *
Wlad was just way too dominant, and I wish he would open up more. He is an effective fighter when he opens. Based on this, I don't know how Toney against Wlad would ever be a good idea.
I really can't see anybody beating Wlad, if anyone had a chance, it would be Haye and he probably has the best 'one shot' chance out most, but he is still getting stopped by Wlad. He just comes in shape and so dedicated all the time. A dominating performance.

It's funny coz I thought I saw some holes in Wlad tonight. Little spots where a fighter who is quicker and more technically proficient than Peter could take advantage. Problem is as you say where are those fighters? Not in the HW division that's for sure.
SENTRAL
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 12 2010, 03:28 AM) *
I'm prepared to meet you half way on that one. I think your statement as regards to Vitali is a fair one but Wladimir.................I'm sorry but to own losses to Sanders, Brewster and particularly Ross 'The Boss' Puritty on your way up is unacceptable. Sure I've seen greats lose to journeymen at the tail end of their careers when they're just fighting for money but not many real good ones lose to that kind of caliber at the start of their careers.

Wladimr has improved immeasureably since then but I'm afraid those sorts of losses put a big ole question mark over him for mine.

I would like to have seen how the brothers fared in the mid to late 90's, Bowe, Ibeabuchi, Tua, Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis, Ruddock, those kind of guys. Like you say we can never know for sure, but methinks they would've got eaten up and spat out.

Well I do agree. Those losses do blot his copy book, though as you say, he has improved since then. I find it imposible to judge him over the broader picture. When we rate a fighter we do it how they were at their best. Is he at his best now? He would be easier to judge if we could see him in with better class opponents but we all know there arent any on the horizon. He could beat Holmes' record at this rate, perhaps not Louis'. Tua would suffer the same fate he did against Lewis. A squat fighter with the ability to get inside, a Joe Frazier, would present real problems for him. Some are holding out for David Haye but I see a simple jab and right hand being more than enough to topple his challenge. I maybe sounding like I'm overrating Wladimir but I really am stuck between a rock and a hard place where he is concerned and the answers I need are nowhere in sight.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 11 2010, 11:05 PM) *
And fucking SNUFFING dudes. I'll never understand the hate for the Klits. They're fucking machines. Breaking guys down methodically and then laying them out. Everyone here hangs of the nutsack of the "sweet science" aspect of the sport, until they actually see it. Then they call it boring.

Exactly. Breaking guys down and punishing them round after round.

Patience, skill and fitness intertwined.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Sep 12 2010, 05:11 AM) *
Well I do agree. Those losses do blot his copy book, though as you say, he has improved since then. I find it imposible to judge him over the broader picture. When we rate a fighter we do it how they were at their best. Is he at his best now? He would be easier to judge if we could see him in with better class opponents but we all know there arent any on the horizon. He could beat Holmes' record at this rate, perhaps not Louis'. Tua would suffer the same fate he did against Lewis. A squat fighter with the ability to get inside, a Joe Frazier, would present real problems for him. Some are holding out for David Haye but I see a simple jab and right hand being more than enough to topple his challenge. I maybe sounding like I'm overrating Wladimir but I really am stuck between a rock and a hard place where he is concerned and the answers I need are nowhere in sight.

It is tough to assess. What parameters do you lay out? Do we take fighter A at his peak against fighter B at his peak? Or do we try and look at the career as a whole? See you like to take guys at their peak whereas I prefer to look at the career as a whole hence those early losses count against him. But here is where I contradict myself, I'm prepared to overlook the losses a fighter gets right at the very end when they're fighting on fumes, Tyson, Louis, Ali etc etc.

So in a sense I break my own rules.

However in my mind a career is just that, a career, starting from the first fight through to the last. How were you on the way up? What tough fights did you get through when you were young and inexperienced? In some ways it's those years that tell you most about a fighter. and then how dominant were you when you were at your very best?

This is definately Wlad at his very best yet I remain unconvinced, to the point where I still see a Tua around the time of Ibeabuchi giving him some moments. In fact I see Ibeabuchi as giving him real problems. Both Klits come across as very methodical maybe too merthodical if that makes any sense. I've often wondered how they would react and a life and death struggle. We've already seen Vitali do well against Lewis but at the same time we've seen Wlad wilt under pressure before. I still happen to believe that a half decent HW can do the same again to Wlad.

The problem? There is not even a half decent HW in the division. And I agree it isn't going to be The Gayemaker and his Amazing China Chin.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 12 2010, 12:25 AM) *
Peter did try, but he was totally outgunned in there.

Wlad gets little respect from me, sorry.

Okay... we saw a good scrap in Peterson-Rios tonight. NOW just imagine Rios throwing his jabs, hooks, uppercuts, AND then immediately just grabbing Peterson. And that is what he did over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc. People would boo the shit out of him because he fought only one way. BUT what he did do was punch from the outside and inside and we saw very few clinches throughout their fight. I am not expecting Wlad to fight completely that way, but damn there is no need to grab as soon as someone gets near his chest. This is boxing, and it's not fair to his opponents if he is always allowed to always do this. Enough with my rant/beating a dead horse.

LL, you keep bringing up the same argument about Wlad- he holds too much. But whose fault is that? He is not the first heavyweight to hold to his advantage. It is the referee's responsibility to rectify that situation. For whatever reason they choose not to penalize him for it.

For the record, I think that prime Tyson takes out either Klit, but the 90s version gets clocked. Prime Frazier tears both a new asshole. And so it goes, but it would take prime excellent to great heavies from any era to deal with the Klits and it still would not be easy or a foregone conclusion.

Rios is the man.
BigG
Wlad looked good..Wlad is the white Lennox Lewis totally..cant see anyone but Haye having any chance.
STEVENSKI
I can understand the dislike for a pair of big skilled white heavyweights who are dominant but the fact is that the Klit bros do the following

Turn up in shape.
Use their skills to their advantage.
Have sound fundamentals meaning they rarely get out of second gear.
Win fights

Now if a few more of the lard puck American heavyweights did that they may have a chance against them.

Their biggest problem is that they don't have that aggressive nature to want to put people on slabs in the mortuary that other past heavyweight champs have. Perhaps it is because they are better educated & dare I say it smarter than every other heavyweight out there?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 12 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Their biggest problem is that they don't have that aggressive nature to want to put people on slabs in the mortuary that other past heavyweight champs have. Perhaps it is because they are better educated & dare I say it smarter than every other heavyweight out there?

Maybe this was part of the problem for Calvin 'The Boxing Banker' Brock? laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
I was impressed with Wlad..His left hook has gotten better and was doin some major damage..They are short and sharp shots the way he throws it which is how he generates the power in it..It's a compact punch..I also liked to see him show his whole arsenal of punches..I don't have complaints about his punches except that he is losing power on his right hand by stand alittle more square and he doesn't turn with it too often..He can't get the full torque since he is already facing slightly forward and not sideways..He doesn't always stand like that but he did quite a bit the other night..
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 13 2010, 01:56 PM) *
I can understand the dislike for a pair of big skilled white heavyweights who are dominant but the fact is that the Klit bros do the following

Turn up in shape.
Use their skills to their advantage.
Have sound fundamentals meaning they rarely get out of second gear.
Win fights

Now if a few more of the lard puck American heavyweights did that they may have a chance against them.

Let's see.

• European
  • Unified Heavyweight champion of the world (White)
  • 6"7 (Would think he has a cock that is proportioned)
  • Handsome
  • In terrific shape (Like CEO said, he is a thoroughbred)
  • Thrashing a 21 year old US Hollywood actress by the name of Hayden Panettiere (refer below for pic)
  • Has a P.h.d
  • Speaks 4 different languages
  • Makes millions of dollars
  • Well spoken and presents himself well

from wiki
Klitschko appeared with Lennox Lewis in the motion picture Ocean's Eleven. He is an avid chess player, kite-surfer, golfer, and humanitarian. Both Klitschko brothers have been involved in charitable activities dedicated to supporting the needs of children around the world. Both brothers have formed their own charities that contribute to children in need in Africa and South America. They won humanitarian awards for their "Fight For Peace" and "Sport for Good" projects in 2002 and 2007. In 2002, the Klitschko brothers announced that they had agreed to work specifically for UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), which supports more than 180 projects in 87 countries. Klitschko is also a passionate golfer and was seen playing in the Dunhill Links Championship in Scotland. The tournament was played over three courses in 2008 including St Andrews, Carnoustie, and Kingsbarns in Fife and Angus. Klitschko was named curator of the Ukrainian pavilion at the 2009 Venice Biennale.[19] Klitschko starred in the music video for Chris Cornell's song "Part of Me" in 2008, alongside rising dancer Carlos Kerr Jr.

Now I'm not a faggot, but when you put it like that. Is there another man you would like to be in boxing other than Wlad? A lot of the times, boxing gets their fair share of drop kicks. Lets face it, a lot aren't the stand up guys you would want a daughter/sister to bring home and not always the brightest. Wlad is able to maintain that sense of masculinity by being a professional fighter, but is more than just a meat head fighter and has brains and wealth. He is gifted in both categories, and one of the few that could probably beat the shit out of someone and then over a fine glass of red, explain to them why it happened and come up with a solution for it.
The crosses he has against him is that he can have very gay tendencies at times, and has been in some very gay photos as well. But I think it can be given a pass, that is possibly just the European coming out.

Fitz
Yep my gayest post yet.

But with a lot of fighters, boxing is what made them. Based on that, he would have been successful without boxing, that is just icing on the cake.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 13 2010, 05:47 AM) *
one of the few that could probably beat the shit out of someone and then over a fine glass of red, explain to them why it happened and come up with a solution for it.

Hahaha. So true.

He'd have them crying, so he'd hug them and say 'there, there...you let it all out!'.

I'm all for the Klit bro's. They are a refreshing change and interesting characters......but you're still gay Fitz for posting that.
Fitz
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 13 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Hahaha. So true.

He'd have them crying, so he'd hug them and say 'there, there...you let it all out!'.

I'm all for the Klit bro's. They are a refreshing change and interesting characters......but you're still gay Fitz for posting that.

Haha I know.

About the bolded part, you just didn't like this part.

"The crosses he has against him is that he can have very gay tendencies at times, and has been in some very gay photos as well. But I think it can be given a pass, that is possibly just the European coming out. "

laugh.gif

It was a gay post, but was hoping it was taken as a tongue in cheek post. Though I have never been the homophobic type, so I can give a man credit, if life seems to be on his side. Just like I can make an observation if life has played a cruel joke on a man laugh.gif

ROLL DEEP
I agree that some European countries can be a little 'gay'.....but we're not one of them laugh.gif

I agree with pretty much everything you've said about the Klit bro's in your post....spot on.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 13 2010, 11:06 PM) *
I agree that some European countries can be a little 'gay'.....but we're not one of them laugh.gif

I agree with pretty much everything you've said about the Klit bro's in your post....spot on.

Surely you are joking Roll.

You have a litany of exceptionally gay pop music, athletes, celebrities & people in general especially people from Birmingham & it's surrounds. What makes it worse is after Australia got over Kylie Minogue & her lack of talent you not only embraced her but took here even more talentless sister Danni. Thanks for that guys.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 05:52 PM) *
LL, you keep bringing up the same argument about Wlad- he holds too much. But whose fault is that? He is not the first heavyweight to hold to his advantage. It is the referee's responsibility to rectify that situation. For whatever reason they choose not to penalize him for it.

For the record, I think that prime Tyson takes out either Klit, but the 90s version gets clocked. Prime Frazier tears both a new asshole. And so it goes, but it would take prime excellent to great heavies from any era to deal with the Klits and it still would not be easy or a foregone conclusion.

Rios is the man.

Fuck Wlad. I don't give a fuck if he was purple, orange, or pink, I still would not enjoy watching his fights. More power to all you guys who enjoy watching him.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 14 2010, 08:44 AM) *
Fuck Wlad. I don't give a fuck if he was purple, orange, or pink, I still would not enjoy watching his fights. More power to all you guys who enjoy watching him.

It is not a matter of if you like to watch him or enjoy it. He is the biggest baddest boxer on the planet & he beats everyone out in front of him. Now if they come in flat or not in shape or are not as skilled then that is not his problem but he beats all comers & seems to do so pretty easily.

You know maybe he fights safety first because he realises he has some brains & does not want to take unnecessary punishment when he has the rest of his life. I mean it ain't like he gets a KO bonus or knock him out within 2 rounds & you get a extra million so why should he go all out when he knows if he uses his jab & builds his momentum he will win without any risk to himself.

I somehow think that he will come out of boxing with his wits & cash to have a fruitful life outside the ring. Not many boxers can do that as has been demonstrated time & time again.
JonnyBlaze
I've been checking out a lot of P4P lists and both Klitchkos are on them in the top 5..Thoughts??Opinions??I think they both are top 10 P4P fighters..I think if not both,at least one should be in the top 5..They dominate every opponent put infront of them..
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 13 2010, 05:55 AM) *
Yep my gayest post yet.

Don't feel bad. Your just in touch with your feminine side. Takes a real man to express himself like that.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2010, 03:13 PM) *
I've been checking out a lot of P4P lists and both Klitchkos are on them in the top 5..Thoughts??Opinions??I think they both are top 10 P4P fighters..I think if not both,at least one should be in the top 5..They dominate every opponent put infront of them..

Hard to say JB. P4P is purely opinion. Would Manny beat Wlad in a fight? I would wager that he would end up like his dog after his father was done on the hibachi. make them magically the same "size" & I would take Pac.

Either way they are the best heavyweights by a country mile & then some.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 13 2010, 05:08 PM) *
Surely you are joking Roll.

You have a litany of exceptionally gay pop music, athletes, celebrities & people in general especially people from Birmingham & it's surrounds. What makes it worse is after Australia got over Kylie Minogue & her lack of talent you not only embraced her but took here even more talentless sister Danni. Thanks for that guys.

Yeah, there are a few gay celeb's, but in other Euro countries, you can't tell who is gay and who is straight laugh.gif
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 12 2010, 01:20 AM) *
Did you watch the fight today? I just hate the octopuss arms after EVERY single time someone gets inside to do inside fighting. I appreciate his outside skills, but there is no need to tie up EVERY time someone gets in on the inside. I mean look how many people hated Ruiz. And why do you think so many people can not stand his style? I understand about being smart when you fight, but he takes it to the extreme when any one gets close to him. I mean there should be points taken from excessive holding. All he needs to do is LEARN a little inside game and mix things up. Could you imagine if all past great heavyweights grabbed at every chance when someone gets close to inside fighting? There is more to boxing then 1-2 grab, 1-2-3 grab, etc.

Did you ever watch the Holyfield v/s Tyson fights? Holyfield grabbed and held Tyson everytime Tyson got inside, and was allowed to do so.

So how can you claim to miss holyfield, when he used the same tactic when facing Tyson?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 14 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Did you ever watch the Holyfield v/s Tyson fights? Holyfield grabbed and held Tyson everytime Tyson got inside, and was allowed to do so.

So how can you claim to miss holyfield, when he used the same tactic when facing Tyson?

In the Tyson fight I didn't think it was excessive,I thought when he clinched it was pure strategy..Holy knew how to beat Tyson and KO'd him in the first fight pretty bad..Also,Holy did some nice work while on the inside with Tyson so it's not like he clinched everytime..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 14 2010, 06:16 PM) *

Hahahahahahaha. Thats your best?

Did you watch Holyfield-Tyson? Did you see ALL the heavy exchanges on the inside and them two mixing it up?

Did you notice how exciting of a fight it was? Heck...do you really want to compare who you would rather watch fight...Holyfield(prime) or Wlad?

Did you notice how Wlad did not get a contract on HBO? Wonder why?

How many inside exchanges to you get to watch with Wlad fighting?

I don't mind some holding here and there, I understand there are many aspects to this game. BUT Wlad holds EVERYTIME on the inside, and does no inside fighting. He does 99.9% of his fighting on the outside and holds/grabs when his opponent gets inside. AND Holyfield FIGHTS on the inside as much as the outside. He does hold, shit I can name many fighters that grab and hold too(Mosley, Hopkins, etc), BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT HAVE MANY OTHER FACETS TO THEIR GAME WHICH MAKES THEM MUCH MORE VERSATILE AND ENJOYABLE TO WATCH(THEY CAN AND WILL FIGHT ON THE INSIDE).

Anyway... I get what everyone saying about Wlad fighting smart and blah, blah, blah. I just do not agree with his tactics and him allowed to get away with it all the time. If he could keep everyone at his range without holding all the time, than that would be fine.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 14 2010, 05:54 PM) *
Yeah, there are a few gay celeb's, but in other Euro countries, you can't tell who is gay and who is straight laugh.gif

You just would not take the bait would you.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 14 2010, 06:07 PM) *
Hahahahahahaha. Thats your best?

Did you watch Holyfield-Tyson? Did you see ALL the heavy exchanges on the inside and them two mixing it up?

Did you notice how exciting of a fight it was? Heck...do you really want to compare who you would rather watch fight...Holyfield(prime) or Wlad?

Did you notice how Wlad did not get a contract on HBO? Wonder why?

How many inside exchanges to you get to watch with Wlad fighting?

I don't mind some holding here and there, I understand there are many aspects to this game. BUT Wlad holds EVERYTIME on the inside, and does no inside fighting. He does 99.9% of his fighting on the outside and holds/grabs when his opponent gets inside. AND Holyfield FIGHTS on the inside as much as the outside. He does hold, shit I can name many fighters that grab and hold too(Mosley, Hopkins, etc), BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT HAVE MANY OTHER FACETS TO THEIR GAME WHICH MAKES THEM MUCH MORE VERSATILE AND ENJOYABLE TO WATCH(THEY CAN AND WILL FIGHT ON THE INSIDE).

Anyway... I get what everyone saying about Wlad fighting smart and blah, blah, blah. I just do not agree with his tactics and him allowed to get away with it all the time. If he could keep everyone at his range without holding all the time, than that would be fine.

Wlad holds everytime??I just saw him throwing right hands on the inside against Peter who was holding him..Wlad may not fight on the inside with fresh guys but once he softens guys up,he does some inside fighting..He should start using him left hook on the inside more and work on shortening up his right hand for the inside..I liked his uppercuts on the inside too which is an important punch for a taller guy since the shorter guys are asking to be hit with one(Lennox Lewis/Tyson for one example)..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2010, 09:07 AM) *

I find it strange that you find Hopkins labouring his way to controversial victories & losses exciting with the excessive holding he does yet find Wlad breaking down men & knocking them out boring?

Also when you are his size & have the jab, hook off the jab & right down the pipe why would you fight inside ever? That is like saying George Foreman did not want to fight Frazier on the inside so he kept him outside & beat the tar out of him twice.
Lil-lightsout
I give up.

Blaze you are fucking crazy.

I understand what most people are saying in general, I just do not like his style. I will leave it at that.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I saw both fights live actually. And the exciting inside fighting didnt happens. You better get out your geek glasses and study your tape collection a little closer. Everytime Tyson got close, Holy led in with his head and grabbed tyson.

Wlads style may not please you, but he would likely dominate many of your favorite fighters in their prime, just because of his natural gifts.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 14 2010, 10:26 PM) *
I saw both fights live actually. And the exciting inside fighting didnt happens. You better get out your geek glasses and study your tape collection a little closer. Everytime Tyson got close, Holy led in with his head and grabbed tyson.

Wlads style may not please you, but he would likely dominate many of your favorite fighters in their prime, just because of his natural gifts.

I saw them both live too, big fucking deal. Your rest of your post is... , and I have seen enough of your innaccurate posts before. Yeah, I guess Holy-Tyson I was a borefest with no exciting exchanges and totally all effective punches were from the outside and all Holyfield did was grab him and did no inside work? Whatever. laugh.gif

Hmmm...Bowe, Holyfield, Holmes(my favs) would all have knocked out Wlad in their respected primes. Nice try. Can not replace a man's heart, chin, or whatever you want to call it. Wlad is good, but damn look at this pitiful division.

The fact is he got KO'd by a journeyman. He got destroyed by an old semi retired golfer. AND he folded after catching some heat in return from an exhausted and beaten fighter in Brewster.

So because he has beaten some softies and has a nice run as of now, so now all of the sudden he would "dominate many of my favorite fighters in their prime" of the past? Get real. Any of the guys I mentioned above plus a Lennox Lewis, Tyson, Ruddock, etc. would all test Wlad's fortitude, and I honestly don't see Wlad beaten any of them. They all would get to him eventually.

Would you like to borrow my geek classes some time?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 14 2010, 07:15 PM) *
I give up.

Blaze you are fucking crazy.

I understand what most people are saying in general, I just do not like his style. I will leave it at that.

hahaha.I can be..Wlad obviously doesn't want to fight on the inside though so I guess you're kinda right..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2010, 06:28 PM) *
Wlad holds everytime??I just saw him throwing right hands on the inside against Peter who was holding him..Wlad may not fight on the inside with fresh guys but once he softens guys up,he does some inside fighting..He should start using him left hook on the inside more and work on shortening up his right hand for the inside..I liked his uppercuts on the inside too which is an important punch for a taller guy since the shorter guys are asking to be hit with one(Lennox Lewis/Tyson for one example)..

I gotta say Jon I thought Wlad was more throwing uppercuts catching Peter coming in rather than when they were in the clinches.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 15 2010, 03:32 AM) *
I gotta say Jon I thought Wlad was more throwing uppercuts catching Peter coming in rather than when they were in the clinches.

Youre right..Really all he tried to do on the inside was throw him overhand right..It's obvious he doesn't wanna fight on the inside but he needs to work at it more so that he can be more of a total package..
King Eugene
If it aint broke dont fix it and if its cracked protect it by any means necessary!
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 16 2010, 12:26 AM) *
If it aint broke dont fix it and if its cracked protect it by any means necessary!

Ha, sums Wlad up nicely!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.