Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN3: Klitschko vs Peter II @ approximately 2PM PT/4CT/5ET
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all comments on the heavyweight title rematch between Wlad Klitschko and Sam Peter. ESPN 3 is streaming the fight. Check individual systems for availability. If you don't want to know what happens or you can't get ESPN 3, check your program guides for next day coverage, it will be on ESPN TV tomorrow afternoon. Keep all on-going and post-fight comment spoilers in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Icebeast
Buffer said his magic words, finally... hope this is over soon
The CEO
Here's a quick link to the ESPN3 Stream...

http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=35791&league=Boxing
Icebeast
Wlad is throwing bombs early, I'm surprised
The CEO
Peter using a bob and load up style with both hooks...I guess he knows that's the only chance he's got...
Icebeast
amateur vs professional
The CEO
lol...Wlad's 1-2 is a nightmare for Peter.

Based on how Peter quit against Vitali and the power Wladdy's throwing right now, this shouldn't go past 6...
The CEO
Peter is beginning to accept the ass whoopin'...he throws a couple of hooks and then he falls into the clinch to rest...he might try to stink it out for the duration...
Icebeast
seems like Peter doesn't really know what to do

Wlad using the uppercut early

I like the ref btw wink.gif
HaydelHammer
what a spectacular fight we have here....espn classic indeed.
Maxy
Peter just ain't got a clue.

What's a punchers chance when you can't land a punch?
The CEO
You have to throw caution to the wind to beat this current version of Wlad Klitschko...bob and weave and let your hands go....a Tyson, Frazier type...you definitely HAVE to be willing to go through Hell for the win...in other words, extremely durable...

I am now 100% certain Wladdy could drop Haye with his jab...
Icebeast
one sided as expected... nice uppercut at the end... the end is near
Box in Hand
Peters looks like garbage. This is exactly how I expected it. Peters should be down graded to gatekeeper status after this fight.
JLUVBABY
this fight is pathetic... lol...
1zz
Teddy is right,if someone one step back quickly when WK lunges in and throws a bomb there could be an opportunity there.
The CEO
Wladdy has developed a mean right uppercut...

So he's got the jab, the lead left hook, the straight right, and a heater from down under now...4 strong punches...

Tough to beat.
Icebeast
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
Icebeast
come on Wlad.. Peter is done, just smoke him... jesus....
Icebeast
yiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
JLUVBABY
thank you for saving the agony of a few more rounds... lol... damn that was torture to watch....
1zz
WK Stops him with vicous hooks and a quick uppercut!
The CEO
lol...Steward tellin' Wlad he knows it's a mismatch, but that it's an ugly fight...

gettin' on him a little like he did in the Chambers fight.......and Wlad stops him in the next round just like he did Chambers...lol
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 11 2010, 05:55 PM) *
thank you for saving the agony of a few more rounds... lol... damn that was torture to watch....

I blame Wladdy's opposition for most of his "ugly fights"...they can't hang, so they make it ugly...lol
Snoop
I'm interested in seeing this uppercut that everyone is talking about on here.
The CEO
and there's Hayden Panetierre.....he's gonna throw her up in the air and catch her on his dick tonight...lol
Lil-lightsout
Wlad is the BIGGEST PUSSY heavyweight I have ever seen! That motherfucker grabbed EVERY SINGLE time Peter got close. It's like he is allowed to grab, lean over, put his arms over his opponent, anytime someone gets on the inside. He is like a fucking octopuss. ONLY in the last round did that fag punch on the inside, only because he had a dead guy in front of him. That display was just pathetic. HBO definitely made the right choice not to televise this pussies fights.
ThePrevailingWindz
That was a pathetic effort by Peter.
Maxy
Yeah I don't blame Wlad tonight....I mean, maybe he coulda stepped it up a few rounds earlier but at the end of the day he's getting the results.

We are crying out for a legitimate challenger who will make a fight of it but there ain't one anywhere.
Lil-lightsout
Sorry...I so much more enjoyed watching heavyweight champs in Holmes, Moorer, Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis, and Bowe fight.
Jack 1000
The Klits may be boring to many, but they keep winning. It is gonna take a contender who will force the bothers into a combination punching firefight to test them, and there is no current heavyweight contender who can do that.

Jack
Icebeast
post fight interview, Vitali said Wlad really wants Haye because he crossed the line, they are sick of Haye finding excuses and running away
The CEO
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 11 2010, 06:10 PM) *
The Klits may be boring to many, but they keep winning. It is gonna take a contender who will force the bothers into a combination punching firefight to test them, and there is no current heavyweight contender who can do that.

Jack

That's all true...and they also have to be willing to eat some bombs...

but check this out...despite how boring their fights can be, the hardcore fans are still tuning in to watch them...we had 70+ guests viewing this thread a while ago...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 11 2010, 05:44 PM) *
Damn LL, you need a hit of da A-Train trees yourself. All those guys had people to fight. There's always Tyson Fury thumbsup_anim.gif

oh beardo i know you joking man but thats a bad joke.. lol... tyson fury?... lol.. id rather watch wlad. rematch ray austin... HONESTLY!!!
ROLL DEEP
just watched the last round - man, Wlad let his hands go and it was good to see!

Peter looked done by that round. Slow and plodding arond the ring with his hands up.

I don't blame the Klits for their 'boring' fights (I personally don't think they're boring)....they're too good for the 'challengers'. The challenger don't offer anything to pressure the Klit bro's and why fix something if it's not broke? They're winning and winning with ease.
Warlord
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 11 2010, 06:53 PM) *
just watched the last round - man, Wlad let his hands go and it was good to see!

Peter looked done by that round. Slow and plodding arond the ring with his hands up.

I don't blame the Klits for their 'boring' fights (I personally don't think they're boring)....they're too good for the 'challengers'. The challenger don't offer anything to pressure the Klit bro's and why fix something if it's not broke? They're winning and winning with ease.

And fucking SNUFFING dudes. I'll never understand the hate for the Klits. They're fucking machines. Breaking guys down methodically and then laying them out. Everyone here hangs of the nutsack of the "sweet science" aspect of the sport, until they actually see it. Then they call it boring.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Peter started the fight trying to fight like Mike Tyson.................................and then he remembered he's not Mike Tyson!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 11 2010, 11:05 PM) *
And fucking SNUFFING dudes. I'll never understand the hate for the Klits. They're fucking machines. Breaking guys down methodically and then laying them out. Everyone here hangs of the nutsack of the "sweet science" aspect of the sport, until they actually see it. Then they call it boring.

Did you watch the fight today? I just hate the octopuss arms after EVERY single time someone gets inside to do inside fighting. I appreciate his outside skills, but there is no need to tie up EVERY time someone gets in on the inside. I mean look how many people hated Ruiz. And why do you think so many people can not stand his style? I understand about being smart when you fight, but he takes it to the extreme when any one gets close to him. I mean there should be points taken from excessive holding. All he needs to do is LEARN a little inside game and mix things up. Could you imagine if all past great heavyweights grabbed at every chance when someone gets close to inside fighting? There is more to boxing then 1-2 grab, 1-2-3 grab, etc.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 11 2010, 11:42 PM) *
Breathe, LL, breathe.

I know, I know. I have been having a really bad day today. I had a steroid injection in my hip last week, for throbbing groin pains for a while now, which I should have got a second opinion for to begin with. I still got the pains in the groin, and now I got some shitty fucking side effects that has me pissed off and frustrated. Just can't trust doctor's, they'll do anything to make money. He gave me no tests, just recommended an injection(which hurt like crazy). And on top of that me and the wife had a little spat tonight, and we hardly ever argue. Sorry for ranting.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 12 2010, 12:00 AM) *
I know, I know. I have been having a really bad day today. I had a steroid injection in my hip last week, for throbbing groin pains for a while now, which I should have got a second opinion for to begin with. I still got the pains in the groin, and now I got some shitty fucking side effects that has me pissed off and frustrated. Just can't trust doctor's, they'll do anything to make money. He gave me no tests, just recommended an injection(which hurt like crazy). And on top of that me and the wife had a little spat tonight, and we hardly ever argue. Sorry for ranting.

Ha ha, don't be taking advice from Beardo he's the king of the rants! laugh.gif Sorry Beardo couldn't resist.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 11 2010, 11:00 PM) *

Don't apologize, LL. Better here than with the little woman. That's what I meant when I said awhile back this site has been therapeutic for me.

Unfortunately, doctors nowadays are often more interested in the business than the patient. You do need a second opinion.

Steroids will fire you up, as you probably know.

Better fights tonight though, right?

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 11 2010, 11:10 PM) *
Ha ha, don't be taking advice from Beardo he's the king of the rants! laugh.gif Sorry Beardo couldn't resist.

How could I argue with that Ollie? I've left a pretty decent trail of evidence.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 12:22 AM) *
How could I argue with that Ollie? I've left a pretty decent trail of evidence.

Your trail of evidence is fucken classic drinks.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 11 2010, 11:25 PM) *
Your trail of evidence is fucken classic drinks.gif

Cheers.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 12:22 AM) *
Don't apologize, LL. Better here than with the little woman. That's what I meant when I said awhile back this site has been therapeutic for me.

Unfortunately, doctors nowadays are often more interested in the business than the patient. You do need a second opinion.

Steroids will fire you up, as you probably know.

Better fights tonight though, right?

Fights were good. Though it was getting real good in the 1st fight when Peterson low blowed himself out of it.

Man I could talk for hours and hours about shit with doctors...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 11 2010, 11:30 PM) *
Fights were good. Though it was getting real good in the 1st fight when Peterson low blowed himself out of it.

Man I could talk for hours and hours about shit with doctors...

I don't like doctors offices or hospitals. They are where the sick people are.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 12:48 AM) *
I don't like doctors offices or hospitals. They are where the sick people are.

And I am SURE that is where Peter is right now too.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 12 2010, 12:58 AM) *

Yeah they'll be drip feeding him Whoppers and Big Mac's laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 11 2010, 11:58 PM) *

True. You know, Peter was pretty hapless today, but he didn't quit.

Wlad deserves more respect, LL. Sure he holds. Sure he is methodical. But he is a great heavyweight. When he opens up it is pretty formidable. But he is disciplined enough to do it surgically. And he is improving.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 12 2010, 01:08 AM) *
Yeah they'll be drip feeding him Whoppers and Big Mac's laugh.gif

That is so wrong, but funny.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 01:11 AM) *
True. You know, Peter was pretty hapless today, but he didn't quit.

Wlad deserves more respect, LL. Sure he holds. Sure he is methodical. But he is a great heavyweight. When he opens up it is pretty formidable. But he is disciplined enough to do it surgically. And he is improving.

Peter did try, but he was totally outgunned in there.

Wlad gets little respect from me, sorry.

Okay... we saw a good scrap in Peterson-Rios tonight. NOW just imagine Rios throwing his jabs, hooks, uppercuts, AND then immediately just grabbing Peterson. And that is what he did over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc. People would boo the shit out of him because he fought only one way. BUT what he did do was punch from the outside and inside and we saw very few clinches throughout their fight. I am not expecting Wlad to fight completely that way, but damn there is no need to grab as soon as someone gets near his chest. This is boxing, and it's not fair to his opponents if he is always allowed to always do this. Enough with my rant/beating a dead horse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.