Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO: Gamboa vs. Salido@10PM ET, 9CT, 7PT
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all on-going action on tonight's Featherweight Title fight between Gamboa and Salido.

Jack

Administrator
Praximo
Gamboa should destroy this guy in less than 4 rounds, he has about 10 losses. But then again, Rogers Mtwaga had about 10 losses too and he almost beat Juanma lol.

Anyways I hope Gamboa closes the show early.
Lil-lightsout
I just want to see a good title fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 11 2010, 07:34 PM) *
Look at LL, all feisty and shit.

I think this card will calm you down.

Hahaha. That transparent?

I agree, I look forward to it tonight. Actually both fights.
JLUVBABY
the hbo fights should be good...
The CEO
fuckin' fight right here...Peterson has to be feelin' it...
Lil-lightsout
Damn, great fight with Rios and Peterson.

We actually get to see some inside fighting.

Rios is a non stop beast so far. I do not see Peterson lasting the distance.
E.C.LEGEND
Man this Peterson-Rio fight might be fight of the year!
JLUVBABY
yeah this ris peterson fight is a good one...
Lil-lightsout
Damn Rios got a sweet right uppercut, Peterson throws some nice low blows,hahaha.

NOOOO dq.
JLUVBABY
theres enoough of us to go into chat dont you guys think?...
Lil-lightsout
Man I wanna see Rios get hurt, to make things interesting. Peterson is landing some nice head shots.
Lil-lightsout
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CEO
lol.....Peterson fouled out.....I didn't expect that...thought he would box...

but shiiiit.....I knew this was over when Rios said he felt "great" in between the 1st or 2nd rounds...he convinced me he was goin' for it...
E.C.LEGEND
Talk about not listening to your trainer and that shoulder roll wasn't working either! lol Only floyd and toney should be allowed to shoulder roll!
The CEO
Rios was jackin' Peterson's jaw every round...real nice uppercuts and hooks.
The CEO
That dude from Lie To Me ain't got shit on me...

Brother Peterson had the guiltiest, tight lipped, guilt mouth I've ever seen....lol...y'all see that?....he knew exactly what he was doing.
The CEO
lol....man I like Gamboa.....he's one of the few fighters that will act like he's tryin' to get some work in IN the very 1st round...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 11 2010, 11:49 PM) *
Great fight. Great experience for Gamboa.

Care to elucidate?
Lil-lightsout
Holy smokes! 2 point deduction! Lucky he didn't get DQ'd. Can't wait for the scores.
SmartyBeardo
Great fight. Gamboa shows resolve (as does Salido).

Great night of boxing, though Peterson should be neutered for his part.
The CEO
Gamboa has some flaws...but make no mistake about it...he's a Beast.

You gotta knock him completely out to beat him....
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 11 2010, 10:51 PM) *
Care to elucidate?

Gamboa came out strong, but could not hurt Salido early. Salido started catching up though not winning rounds. Gamboa hurt Salido in the 8th and went in for the kill and got caught and stunned and lost his balance for a Salido KD. Gamboa was keeping his hands too low and salido kept throwing heat, but Gamboa turned it up a notch and took complete control in the championship rounds. He scored a KD in the 12th. Looked like he scored another but hit Salido in the back of the head when he was down. Ref took 2 points and Gamboa was dangerously close to being DQed.

Conclusion- Gamboa dominated but he showed some vulnerability. Salido was tough in the face of a superior talent.

Great fight.
Lil-lightsout
Pretty good fight. Gamboa got some flaws, but he is really dangerous and exciting. Man I hope he fights the winner of Lopez-Marquez.
SmartyBeardo
Rios is The Man of the night (speaking of beasts).
SmartyBeardo
I suppose I throw "great" around a bit loosely, but when two young men throw down like the dudes did tonight (sans Petersons low blows) I think it is great.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 12:01 AM) *
Gamboa came out strong, but could not hurt Salido early. Salido started catching up though not winning rounds. Gamboa hurt Salido in the 8th and went in for the kill and got caught and stunned and lost his balance for a Salido KD. Gamboa was keeping his hands too low and salido kept throwing heat, but Gamboa turned it up a notch and took complete control in the championship rounds. He scored a KD in the 12th. Looked like he scored another but hit Salido in the back of the head when he was down. Ref took 2 points and Gamboa was dangerously close to being DQed.

Conclusion- Gamboa dominated but he showed some vulnerability. Salido was tough in the face of a superior talent.

Great fight.

Cheers, sounds like a barn burner.
kidbazooka1
Damn i was never big on the Peterson brothers but Rios looked like a f*cking beast. Peterson landed some good shots and although he isn't a hard puncher he does carry good pop yet Rios was unfazed and just kept throwing. rios reminded me of a smaller Margarito and PW they just throw punches in bunches and keep coming.

I like Rios and his style i would like to see more of the kid.

Gamboa didn't look all that good to me tonight i give him props cause Salido is a very good pro but Gambo fought an ugly fight. I see JuanMa running through Gambo when they meet.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 12 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Damn i was never big on the Peterson brothers but Rios looked like a f*cking beast. Peterson landed some good shots and although he isn't a hard puncher he does carry good pop yet Rios was unfazed and just kept throwing. rios reminded me of a smaller Margarito and PW they just throw punches in bunches and keep coming.

I like Rios and his style i would like to see more of the kid.

Gamboa didn't look all that good to me tonight i give him props cause Salido is a very good pro but Gambo fought an ugly fight. I see JuanMa running through Gambo when they meet.

Thats a great post. I feel pretty much the same on your thoughts. I see Lopez beating Gamboa also, wearing him out and stopping him due to the kind of chinny Gamboa and his hands always so low. I do think Gamboa could be very dangerous early though for Lopez, Lopez must be careful and keep his defense tight at all times.
PR316
Gamboa is a good fighter make no mistake. But his flaws are glaring. He gets out of position too much when he punches and leaves himself open. I think the moment he meets someone who can box a bit(John or Lopez), he'd have alot of problems.
The CEO
Did y'all notice Gamboa's conditioning?....it's tremendous....Lopez would be a challenge....
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 12 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Did y'all notice Gamboa's conditioning?....it's tremendous....Lopez would be a challenge....

Yup Gambo's conditioning is top notch. He looked like he could go another 12 rds easly.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 12 2010, 12:24 AM) *

I did. You would think someone like him, fast and explosive, might fade late in the fight. And his fights are usually shorter. I actually thought of that watching him throw nice fast crisp punches in the last two rounds. But I wonder if that would still hold true with a better fighter lander harder more effective shots on him and making Gamboa work a little harder than he had to tonight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 11 2010, 11:43 PM) *
I did. You would think someone like him, fast and explosive, might fade late in the fight. And his fights are usually shorter. I actually thought of that watching him throw nice fast crisp punches in the last two rounds. But I wonder if that would still hold true with a better fighter lander harder more effective shots on him and making Gamboa work a little harder than he had to tonight.

I thought Salido gave him a fairly good workout tonight.

He is still raw but I'd have a hard time betting against Gamboa, no matter who he's facing.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 12 2010, 12:46 AM) *
I thought Salido gave him a fairly good workout tonight.

He is still raw but I'd have a hard time betting against Gamboa, no matter who he's facing.

I agree. I just think a Lopez or Marquez would definitely make him work harder than Salido did. I think Gamboa pretty much saw everything Salido was throwing and was pretty relaxed with him.

I like Gamboa, but I would and always have picked Lopez over him. That is a can't miss fight either way.
Nay_Sayer
While watching the fight, I was thinking Naseem Hamed before Kellerman said anything about it.

Arum needs to milk Gamboa for everything he can because Lopez is going to expose that hype job...
Jack 1000
OK, who didn't think shades of Lorenzo-Soto I when Salido was pointing to the back of his head like that in that crazy 12th round!? Cortez did the right thing this time. (What he should have done in Lorenzo-Soto) deducted the 2 points and not buy into Lorenzo's theatrics like he and the Nevada Commission did that night.

Not sure about Gamboa's conditioning. Sure he has balls though!

I thought if Gamboa could not get Salido out in like 3-4 rounds he would have a tough time and he did! If only Salido could have won a couple more early rounds. I thought Max could have given Saido more credit, he was a world champion too like Gamboa. Even though Gamboa is being built is the next big star, he is certainly vulnerable. He could stop anybody on a quick blitz, but I think he needed a tough distance fight like this. I think Gamboa would have been in real trouble if world title fights were still set at 15 rounds. Salido might have been able to take advantage of a longer distance.

Jack
JLUVBABY
In my opinion all last night did was prove how good of a fight gamboa vs. lopez (if lopez gets past marquez) really is and how much it needs to be made... both guys have shown vulnerabilities in fights... i personally believe its the best or one of the best fights that can be made right now in the sport.... it needs to happen now rather than later...
Snoop
Marquez, Lopez, Gamboa, Caballero, John. The featherweight division is STACKED.
Chicity44
I can't believe he didn't get disqualified. He hit the man while laying on the ground, it was worse than any of the other dq,s I seen.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Chicity44 @ Sep 13 2010, 12:53 AM) *
I can't believe he didn't get disqualified. He hit the man while laying on the ground, it was worse than any of the other dq,s I seen.

I have definitely seen worse, BUT he definitely could have been DQ'd for it. In fact it's a shame no one is really talking about it more. Gamboa is the HBO fighter...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 13 2010, 12:20 AM) *
I have definitely seen worse, BUT he definitely could have been DQ'd for it. In fact it's a shame no one is really talking about it more. Gamboa is the HBO fighter...

It was on the RJJ borderline of DQ. It had been a heated fight and I think Gamboa was lucky to get away with it. It's amazing some of things Mr "I'm firm but I'm fair" sees and some of the things he doesn't.

A good fight, Gamboa has a little bit of young Pac about him. He rushes in and looks to finish guys off and leaves himself open in the process. You are never sure what you're gonna get. I like him and he's good for the game. I hope a fighter like him can transition into the mainstream because he's the type of guy the casual sports fan will tune in for.
King Eugene
Never liked the Petersons. Peterson had about two more rounds left in him before he was going to be stopped. As soon as Rios fights a boxer that will actually stick to boxing he'll lose! Great fight though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.