Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erik Morales looked good in his fight against Willie Limond
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Erik is past his prime and he looked kinda fat but he still has so much experience and his hands look fast and he displayed a good jab and skills. I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Marquez.
Michigan Assassin
I love El Terrible and hope he has one more run in him but I have a hard time believing he can make it to 135.

He didn't look too bad in the fight Saturday night but did take a few rounds to get going. I'm not sure if he was just shaking off some rust or if Limond's movement was bothering him.

Even at this stage of JMM and EM's careers I can't wait for their scrap if everything goes to plan up til then.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 12 2010, 09:26 PM) *
Erik is past his prime and he looked kinda fat but he still has so much experience and his hands look fast and he displayed a good jab and skills. I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Marquez.

The problem with all of this was that it was Willie Limond. So really he might as well have been shadow boxing. I'll never forget the look on his face in the 3rd Pac fight. It was the look of a guy who knew all his wars had just caught up with him. I guess it could be argued that he won't be facing Pac again so maybe he has a shot but I don't like his chances against anyone bordering on the elite level.
D-MARV
Roy Jones Jr looked good against Jeff Lacy and Omar Sheika.
Hittman25
aw man i hope my bro duznt see this he loves morales and hes been saying hes backa and all that
JLUVBABY
damn i forgot all bout that morales fight... he was a great champ... i wouldnt mind seeing him in with the marquez's etc but id hate to see him fight a young stud... never will forget his opening up boxing after dark vs. kennedy mskinney... classic fight right there....
Sunni6Killer
Looked good, but fat. I think it might kill him to get to 135 at this point.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 13 2010, 05:32 PM) *
damn i forgot all bout that morales fight... he was a great champ... i wouldnt mind seeing him in with the marquez's etc but id hate to see him fight a young stud... never will forget his opening up boxing after dark vs. kennedy mskinney... classic fight right there....

laugh.gif

You are mixing him(Morales) up with MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA, lol.

McKinney and Barrera had that classic war on the very first BAD.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 13 2010, 05:40 PM) *
laugh.gif

as i was typing that i was thinking to myself was that the right fighter... lol... yeah you right well still a great fight man... im gettin old and all this drinking i do is killing brain cells.. lol... imma still take ya sig again tho... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 13 2010, 05:40 PM) *
laugh.gif

as i was typing that i was thinking to myself was that the right fighter... lol... yeah you right well still a great fight man... im gettin old and all this drinking i do is killing brain cells.. lol... imma still take ya sig again tho... lol...
Fitz
Morales = Legend.

I love this dude. Still haven't seen any of his fights since the Diaz fight, it will depress me.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 13 2010, 12:26 PM) *
I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Marquez.

You are a nasty pience of work G. You must really hate Erik to want him to fight JMM. I am dissapointed in you son.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 13 2010, 05:32 PM) *

He already met a young stud in Jose Alfaro. And Erik did a great job of sticking and moving. You can tell Erik has gotten over the concussions because in the Alfaro fight his defensive skills(head movement & footwork) were just outstanding. Even Morales like. Against Limond he didn't look quite as sharpe because it took him a lot longer to get going. I had Limond winning the 1st 2 rounds. But Erik is Erik and eventually the champion is what he is! As far as him meeting JMM, it should be at 140lbs because Eriks Love handles may be a little hard to lose. Cervezas are a hellava drink! But it's interesting that Erik looked sharper and more powerful at 147lbs with big love handles than he did at 143lbs with lil love handles? Thos e are things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm????????
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 13 2010, 07:24 PM) *
You are a nasty pience of work G. You must really hate Erik to want him to fight JMM. I am dissapointed in you son.

I honestly wish Margarito would get hurt in training so Morales could step in and fight Pac in November.
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 14 2010, 12:38 PM) *
I honestly wish Margarito would get hurt in training so Morales could step in and fight Pac in November.

That's extremely cruel and someone just saying that about Erik upsets me. I want to see clock face Pacquiao get his brain scrambled.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 13 2010, 11:37 PM) *
That's extremely cruel and someone just saying that about Erik upsets me. I want to see clock face Pacquiao get his brain scrambled.

dntknw.gif Confused about your second sentence.

Never a fan of Morales, I got my reasons. BUT I was just messing around with my comment. I figured one of two things would happen. Either you would just ignore my bait, or you would take it and comment. I knew for a while you were a huge fan of Erik.

Off to play the greatest game/series EVER made.......HALO REACH SUCKAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! FUCK PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 14 2010, 02:37 PM) *
dntknw.gif Confused about your second sentence.

Never a fan of Morales, I got my reasons. BUT I was just messing around with my comment. I figured one of two things would happen. Either you would just ignore my bait, or you would take it and comment. I knew for a while you were a huge fan of Erik.

Off to play the greatest game/series EVER made.......HALO REACH SUCKAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! FUCK PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to be confused about. I don't like Pacquiao, lol.

As for two things that could happen, you covered every scenario, lol.

Let me know how Halo goes, I had Halo 3, but never played the game, and never played the game of ODST. I only play online, I don't like that actual game. Let me know how online is.
JonnyBlaze
I really like Morales and after seeing him fight Diaz live,I realized he is a lot faster in person than on tv..

I don't even really want comment on Margarito vs. Pac-man but will..That fight pisses me off a lot..If Margarito's bitch ass dies,this would be the only reason that would make me feel aight buyin this fight..I can't believe they are making a 24/7 about this..Margarito cheats and ruined Cotto in the process then he gets put on HBO's 24/7..Bring me Morales/Pac-man instead..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2010, 12:55 AM) *
I really like Morales and after seeing him fight Diaz live,I realized he is a lot faster in person than on tv..

I don't even really want comment on Margarito vs. Pac-man but will..That fight pisses me off a lot..If Margarito's bitch ass dies,this would be the only reason that would make me feel aight buyin this fight..I can't believe they are making a 24/7 about this..Margarito cheats and ruined Cotto in the process then he gets put on HBO's 24/7..Bring me Morales/Pac-man instead..

shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif

Damn that was harsh. Wishing hurt is one thing but wishing death is another. You seem sincere about that too.
King Eugene
Didn't want to start a new thread so I just posted it here.

WBC Rankings

Why, oh why, do I subject myself to it every month? I can't help it. It's like driving by a car wreck. You just gotta look.

I'm talking about how every month I look at the WBC's updated rankings. They are always good for a good laugh -- and a cry.

The September rankings are out and, before I pass out from the vile stench, let's review only the most glaring and heinous entries from president for life Jose Sulaiman and his puppet board of governors.

From the home office in northern Virginia, here are 10 examples of yet more reasons why the WBC is disgusting:

1. Ray Austin, a journeyman without a signature win EVER, is the No. 1 contender at heavyweight. If you haven't passed out from that one, there are still nine more to test your heart.

2. Bernard Hopkins is not ranked in the top 40 (as deep as the list goes) at light heavyweight, but Joe Spina, for example, is ranked 17th. I bet even Spina thinks Hopkins should rank ahead of him. And, by the way, since Hopkins is scheduled to fight champion Jean Pascal, who holds the WBC's belt, in December, who wants to bet that Hopkins will suddenly pop into the top 10 before then?

3. Rafael Marquez is listed as the ridiculous 122-pound "silver champion" even though he won that nonsense title in May in his fourth fight with Israel Vazquez -- at 126 pounds. We already knew the rules didn't matter to the WBC. Now, apparently, neither do weight classes.

4. Erik Morales, with two fights in about three years (both at welterweight), is ranked No. 2 at junior welterweight, where he has never fought.

5. Antonio Margarito, a known cheater coming off a lengthy suspension and with one low-level win at junior middleweight, is suddenly the No. 1 contender.

6. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is the No. 1 contender at middleweight, which might be the biggest joke in history other than Austin as the heavyweight No. 1 contender. By the way, pound-for-pound entrant Paul Williams is one spot behind Chavez. Vomit bags for everyone!

7. Kelly Pavlik ranks fourth at super middleweight, despite not yet fighting in the division and coming off a clear loss.

8. Mike Alvarado, who is in jail and will be for a stretch, is ranked 10th at junior welterweight. Last time I checked, when a guy is incarcerated, he's unavailable.

9. Hozumi Hasegawa, who lost his bantamweight title to Fernando Montiel via fourth-round knockout in his last fight in April, is ranked No. 2 at featherweight. He's coming off a loss and has never had a single fight in the weight class.

10. Humberto Soto claimed the vacant lightweight belt in March. When a fighter wins a vacant title in the WBC, the first defense is supposed to be mandatory. Soto was allowed an optional and now is being allowed a second one because the WBC refuses to follow its rules.

I could go on. Instead, I think I'll drive over to Target, buy a green belt, come home and set it on fire in my driveway.
Fitz
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 14 2010, 03:38 PM) *
shok.gif shok.gif shok.gif

Damn that was harsh. Wishing hurt is one thing but wishing death is another. You seem sincere about that too.

I mentioned a while ago that Jonny has a new edge. I like him more, lol. Though that was harsh.
BigG
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2010, 04:55 AM) *

Lulz...
BigG
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 14 2010, 12:24 AM) *

I agree Erik would lose but I think it would be a competitive, great fight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2010, 02:55 PM) *
If Margarito's bitch ass dies,this would be the only reason that would make me feel aight buyin this fight..I can't believe they are making a 24/7 about this..Margarito cheats and ruined Cotto in the process then he gets put on HBO's 24/7..Bring me Morales/Pac-man instead..

Was it ever proven that Margarita cheated in the Cotto fight? Sure there is suspicion but no actual evidence. That said Jon I like your new found moxy.

Glad to see you are drinking that glass or cement every day as you are starting to harden up now.

QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 15 2010, 01:18 AM) *
I agree Erik would lose but I think it would be a competitive, great fight.

Stop just stop G. You are living in the past. I don't wanna see Erik hurt. You are the type of guy that would want Tyson to come out of retirement & fight Wlad to see if he still has it. Then again you still like Jab Zudah & probably rate him at 140......
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 14 2010, 12:50 AM) *
Nothing to be confused about. I don't like Pacquiao, lol.

As for two things that could happen, you covered every scenario, lol.

Let me know how Halo goes, I had Halo 3, but never played the game, and never played the game of ODST. I only play online, I don't like that actual game. Let me know how online is.

I am very biased, I have been addicted to all the Halo games for 9 years now. Many people hate it, and many love it. I played about 3 hours of campaign so far and love it. Their best so far since Halo 1. I jumped online for some multiplayer, I love that also to all the changes they made. But some people just don't like it, are more of a fan of Call of Duty. Everybody got their own tastes, so I do not think I can help you, especially since you never playing the halo series before and I do not know what type games you like.

Fitz- You know what Halo 1 and Erik Morales have in common(besides being in the same thread)?

Erik's last significant win was about the time Halo 1 was released...........2001!!! laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2010, 02:21 PM) *
I am very biased, I have been addicted to all the Halo games for 9 years now. Many people hate it, and many love it. I played about 3 hours of campaign so far and love it. Their best so far since Halo 1. I jumped online for some multiplayer, I love that also to all the changes they made. But some people just don't like it, are more of a fan of Call of Duty. Everybody got their own tastes, so I do not think I can help you, especially since you never playing the halo series before and I do not know what type games you like.

All I played was Halo 3, and Halo 3 is what actually got me into first person shooter games. I never played them before that, but because I only played it at a friends. All I played was online, and I loved it. After that, I got into Call of Duty and love the game and multiplayer. Prefer it over Halo, though I still love to play Halo online from time to time. I just don't like actually playing the game. All that sci-fi shit doesn't interest me.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2010, 02:21 PM) *
Fitz- You know what Halo 1 and Erik Morales have in common(besides being in the same thread)?

Erik's last significant win was about the time Halo 1 was released...........2001!!! laugh.gif

Seriously man, go fuck yourself, lol.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 15 2010, 05:31 AM) *
All I played was Halo 3, and Halo 3 is what actually got me into first person shooter games. I never played them before that, but because I only played it at a friends. All I played was online, and I loved it. After that, I got into Call of Duty and love the game and multiplayer. Prefer it over Halo, though I still love to play Halo online from time to time. I just don't like actually playing the game. All that sci-fi shit doesn't interest me.

Seriously man, go fuck yourself, lol.

laugh.gif

Me and my nephew used to always play Halo 2 and Halo 3, but he is now a COD guy. thumbsdown_anim.gif I know the new COD comes out in November, you probably might want to pick that up.
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 16 2010, 12:12 AM) *
laugh.gif

Me and my nephew used to always play Halo 2 and Halo 3, but he is now a COD guy. thumbsdown_anim.gif I know the new COD comes out in November, you probably might want to pick that up.

Don't worry, I will pre-order it and get it on release day, lol.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2010, 10:12 AM) *
laugh.gif

Call of Duty is my shit. I have Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, just picked it up last week and actually played it today. Before I knew it three hours had gone by and I was almost late for work. laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
Morales can't (or should not) get down far enough to reach JMM anymore.

Throw him in with Abregu or Rios. If he gets by that he is legitimately back. Go after Bradley or Khan.
SmartyBeardo
Morales v Ortiz.

Let's see who is vicious.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 19 2010, 02:01 PM) *
Morales v Ortiz.

Let's see who is vicious.

That would not be wise for Morales at this point in his career.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 20 2010, 01:54 AM) *
I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, but I really hope you are not.

I am serious.

Morales is not Vivian Leigh Harris. It would be a great last stand for him and it would be a decent test for Ortiz. They are coming from different ends of the spectrum.

Let's see what Ortiz is made of.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 20 2010, 09:13 AM) *
I am serious.

Morales is not Vivian Leigh Harris. It would be a great last stand for him and it would be a decent test for Ortiz. They are coming from different ends of the spectrum.

Let's see what Ortiz is made of.

But we won't out what Ortiz is made of because Morales is shot.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 20 2010, 03:57 PM) *
But we won't out what Ortiz is made of because Morales is shot.

Not as shot as Vivian Leigh.

But you are probably correct. Maybe he should meet SSM at 147.

Ortiz has not convinced me. He looked real good against a dude who waited to get tapped on the chin so he could fall down . . . repeatedly.

Ortiz might embarass Morales. On the other hand, Morales might do a Maidana on the prima donna's ass.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 20 2010, 05:32 PM) *
Hahaha.

Glad I could bring some humor to your day.

Ortiz aint proved shit and if Maidana can make him quit an HOFer like Morales may be able to do the same.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 20 2010, 09:57 PM) *
I didn't say they were the same circumstances. They are all old warriors utterly beyond their prime. After Saturday night SSM does not deserve to be in the P4P list any longer. BHop is being given a pass into that realm to. They are living on fumes. Sure Morales is not still at even the diminished level of either, but I consider him less done than RJJ.

If SSM would not have pulled the huge upset of The Mexican Cocktail, he would be in a very similar position as Morales.

This is all well and good Beardo, saying that Morales deserves one last shot, and in essence you may be right, but what I think Fitz is trying to get at is this: Don't you think sometimes a man has to be saved from himself?

This strikes me to be more true in boxing than in anything else.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 21 2010, 10:30 AM) *
That is the referee's job, Ollie.

It is kind of like all this ignorant bullshit capitalism and free market talk. "Laisez Faire dude. Let the market regulate. Unfettered Capitalism, man. I deserve whatever I can take." What a load of horseshit. Capitalism is a game. Games only work with rules. Capitalism without rules will inevitably lead to corporate fascism followed directly totalitarianism. Currently, the corporate fascists are forming a neo-totalitarian feudalist configuration.I don't intend to let that happen.

You going to try to save me from myself Ollie?

If it meant you were going to get your brains battered to a pulp and end up with some kind of long term disease like Parkinsons then yes I would.

As for the bolded part, c'mon are you kidding me? This shit has been going on for as long as there has been trading and money. We act like this kind 'corporate fascism' as you put it is some kind of new millenium disease. Fact it is it's always been that way right back to the days of Hearst, Schwab, Livemore and beyond and unless you intend on turning up at the next G8 and asassinating the lot there aint much you can do about it. And I might add much like Medusa's head everytime one disappears you have 2 spring up and take it's place.

How this pertains to not wanting to see Erik Morales end up with a long term brain injury foxes me, but there you go.

Seriously Beardo sometimes you sound like Lone Wolf McQuade laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 21 2010, 11:26 AM) *
By the way, I am not really comparing Morales' cowardly action to Ortiz.

You really are a scumbag Fitz. You "claim" Morales is one of your favourites yet you call him a coward.

I expected nothing less from a Collywobbles supporter. I hope your Pies get beaten like Morales did against Pac in the 2nd fight.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2010, 07:31 AM) *
Seriously Beardo sometimes you sound like Lone Wolf McQuade laugh.gif

Beardo frontin up at G8.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 22 2010, 09:11 AM) *
Fuck you man, that's low. I hope you witness the biggest day in the Melbourne year and witness the biggest club bring the premiership cup back. You will see a black and white army around. Welcome to Melbourne.

Thanks Fitz I am enjoying Melbourne. I have not been here long but I have decided I do indeed dislike & possibly hate Collingwood.

Quick question: Do you have multiple children by different women & missing teeth?

That seems the standard for a Collingwood supporter down here so just curious if you fit the stereotype.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 22 2010, 09:42 AM) *
Don't follow the sheep and hate Collingwood because everyone else does. You know why people hate Collingwood? Because they have money, they have the more supporters than any other club and basically every other club wants to be them. People hate Collingwood because we play the most games at the MCG and you know why? Because just about everyother side wants to play their away games at the MCG because they know their club will get paid and they want Collingwood to help them out because they know fans will show up. People hate Collingwood because they are a well organised club, with money and loyal supporters.

No not a sheep. I just find them to be a the type of club that I tend to dislike. Lots of loud mouthy supporters that live on past glories rather than current ones. Just like St George in the NRL. I would go so far as to say they are chokers that can make a grand final but not win one at least in recent years anyway.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 22 2010, 09:42 AM) *
What fucking club are you going to support?

Still not sure to be honest. But it will be one that knows how to win a premiership & since I live near Hawthorn odds are it will be them.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 22 2010, 11:25 AM) *
Aren't the Eels like the Collingwood of NRL? That said, we have choked in the past, though we DID NOT choke against Brisbane in 2002 and 2003. They were simply a better side and will go down as one of the greatest sides. We were not expected to win, they were better than us, pure and simple. That is not choking.
If everything goes to plan, there will be nothing more current than 2010.

No StMerge have more members than any other club & have made 5 grand finals since 1979 & choked in every one of them. Not saying that Collingwood are exactly chokers but to get a nickname "Collywobbles" shows they have a tendancy to fail when it counts.

If they lose on Saturday then it will be a classic choke situation as the Pies have been the best team all year.

Collingwood supporters get a bad rap, but I am a very good one and they are not all like that. Come and support the black and white army. They are only hate because they are the bench mark club and everybody wishes that their club was an organisation like Collingwood.

Sorry the fact you have Eddie Maguire on deck makes that a no deal situation.

Not bad, but they were premiers in 2008, didn't make finals in 2009 and 2010 had another average season. They won in 2008 because they bent rules to their advantage, they haven't adjusted to new rules and have been no good, despite having so much promise. Go for anybody other than Carlton or Essendon.

I am still learning about the game but I am enjoying watching the finals. Essendon was the other team I was leaning towards because the colours are good & so is their name. The only thing that turns me off the Hawks is their colours.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.