Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs Mora this weekend
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Snoop
While the main event is of WCB quality (if either of them had a belt), the rest of the card is pretty decent. I mean at least we've heard of the names right?

Saul Alvarez vs Carlos Baldomir

Victor Ortiz vs Vivian Harris (should be a funny one)

Antonio Escalante vs Daniel Ponce De Leon.

Dunno, it's like 4 WCB or B.A.D fights stacked back to back. Thinking about getting it. Anyone else?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 14 2010, 11:07 PM) *
While the main event is of WCB quality (if either of them had a belt), the rest of the card is pretty decent. I mean at least we've heard of the names right?

Saul Alvarez vs Carlos Baldomir

Victor Ortiz vs Vivian Harris (should be a funny one)

Antonio Escalante vs Daniel Ponce De Leon.

Dunno, it's like 4 WCB or B.A.D fights stacked back to back. Thinking about getting it. Anyone else?

I am not. I love Mosley and all, but Watching Mora is painful. I can see him frustrating Shane in an ugly fight, going off what I saw from Mosley against the WB. Plus I am actually going to attend my first MMA event in person, mixed amateur and pro. Should be fun to watch, local show. Sure expect to see some funny scrub fights.

I look forward to seeing how this fight unfolds though. Wonder if Shane does better with the extra weight on and spending more time with Naz?
SmartyBeardo
No doubt I'll be ordering it, unless something unforeseen comes up.

I'm hoping this is a trend.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm getting it purely for Saul Alvarez. Gotta love a red headed Mexican laugh.gif

I like his style as well. A bit heavy footed, still somewhat crude, but for someone so young a lot of composure under pressure and kid looks like he just loves to fight.
salvador
I like Saul Alvarez as well and will probably end up ordering it just to see him destroy Baldomir. Harris-Ortiz should also be worth watching.

That said, this is not anywhere close to PPV worthy and I might end up going to a bar to see it on principle. I hate the idea of Mora getting a penny of my money - or Golden Boy for that matter.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 15 2010, 07:03 AM) *
I like Saul Alvarez as well and will probably end up ordering it just to see him destroy Baldomir. Harris-Ortiz should also be worth watching.

That said, this is not anywhere close to PPV worthy and I might end up going to a bar to see it on principle. I hate the idea of Mora getting a penny of my money - or Golden Boy for that matter.

Saul is the man and I will be looking for him to make a statment by stopping the rugged Baldomir. Yes Baldy has been shipped around the world and half way back but if Saul can get the KO I think he really announces himself on the scene.
BigG
Saul is a future P4P..I think he's going to UD Baldomir in a pretty rough fight. Its gonna be a good card overall!

I expect Mosley to win a close decision over Mora in a ugly fight
salvador
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 15 2010, 07:08 AM) *
Saul is a future P4P..I think he's going to UD Baldomir in a pretty rough fight. Its gonna be a good card overall!

Expect Mosley to win a close decision over Mora in a ugly fight

Saul will ko Baldomir - take it to the bank. Saul will be willing to stand toe to toe with Baldomir until Baldomir falls down. Baldomir has no head movement and is now 39. This is Goldenboy's way of showcasing their next big star.
Lil-lightsout
Harris looks to be in great shape. His problem is his chin IMO. He can crack so maybe he has an opportunity early on to hurt Ortiz? But my head tells me Victor will stop him early.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Harris looks to be in great shape. His problem is his chin IMO. He can crack so maybe he has an opportunity early on to hurt Ortiz? But my head tells me Victor will stop him early.

Harris always fumbles when the pressure is on, but then Ortiz folded as well. I think this one should be interesting and possibly comical.
HaydelHammer
not spending a cent on it.
JLUVBABY
i think its a descent card... but i buy the shit cards with the good ones so ill be buying it... lol...
JonnyBlaze
I like the undercard but don't think I'll order it..Everyone who fights Mayweather or Pac-man some how are given the gift of being the next PPV fighter added to the list..It's getting out of control..
Nay_Sayer
What's the price tag?
KookedKrack
Not a ppv worthy fight....i'll be streaming.
kidbazooka1
IM buying it Mora has enough skills and size to make it interesting.

Add Ortiz and Alvarez and it should be a pretty good card.

If Canelo stops Baldo i'll be very impressed.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 15 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Harris always fumbles when the pressure is on, but then Ortiz folded as well. I think this one should be interesting and possibly comical.

Rivado must agree that it will be comical. He has Ortiz by WDQ. Goin' for the big points.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea this looks like a decent card. Mosley-Mora could turn out to be a good fight. Mora sometimes shows some pride, and will stand in front of his opponent. He did it in the first Forrest fight, and he's a solid fighter. Mosley isn't a mover though, so Mora might try and utilize his movement more. Should be an interesting clash of styles though. Alvarez and Ortiz are in set up fights, but both guys they are facing have had solid careers. You never know if that fighter has one great fight left. I'll be staying busy that night, and hanging out with my fiancee at her house, so I don't get tempted to order this fight. If I'm home at 8 pm, damn right I'd probably order it. Hopefully not though.
Fitz
The card doesn't look that bad, sure the main event isn't great, but at least there is some decent fights on the undercard.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 15 2010, 06:44 PM) *
What's the price tag?

Wondering the same thing
D-MARV
I'll order it! Then again, I ordered Hopkins Jones Jr. II.

I'm not sold on Saul Alvarez. I think he'll get by Baldomir but I just don't see him as being a P4P fighter. I think Mora is going to get his shit pushed in and Ortiz will destroy Harris. But whatever... Just found out that PWill-Martinez may be coming to D.C... FUCKKKKKKK YEAAAAAAAA
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 15 2010, 06:44 PM) *
What's the price tag?

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 16 2010, 05:02 AM) *
Wondering the same thing

$44.95 according to the front page story.
EAlbian
I dont know about it but i think Mora is a bad match up for Shane. He's tall, got good legs, got a good chin, busy hands, and fights well on the inside and outside. He's definatly not a world beater but style wise he's all wrong for shane. I wish the odds were a little further apart because i'd bet on it, $460 isnt enough of a reward on a $200 investment
JD
I am taking Mora.
JLUVBABY
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 16 2010, 03:40 PM) *

Sounds to me like Nazim is preparing everyone for a Mora UD. Dudes making sense and shit. Mora is bigger. Mora is a good boxer. Mora is Mexican/American. It is the Mexican Bicentennial celebration. LA is pretty much a Mexican state.

Damn! Rivado . . . TitleBelt, can I change my pick?

Fuck that! WAR SSM!
Warlord
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 16 2010, 02:14 PM) *
I am taking Mora.

Me too. Thought I was the only one. laugh.gif

Mora is too busy and too slick for Shane at this stage of his career.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 16 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Me too. Thought I was the only one. laugh.gif

Mora is too busy and too slick for Shane at this stage of his career.

nope im actually picking mora in this fight too warlord... go figure... lol...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 16 2010, 11:32 PM) *
nope im actually picking mora in this fight too warlord... go figure... lol...

Now all you gotta do is get onboard the "A-Train" and you'll be good to go. laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Cant believe this is a PPV. No way in hell am I paying for it. Mora may end up winning this. Mora is a bad matchup for Mosley. He's a guy wityh decent boxing skills, decent speed, decent size. He's lacking in the power department. He snuck one by the late great Vernon Forest. I think he does the same to Mosley. Mosley will have a touigh time with for sure. NOT worth paying for though...
Snoop
Fuck I REALLY hate Mora. I think I'd be double pissed if I paid to watch him win.
ViperSniper
A fight that should be more entertaining than some may think and will also be a long night for Mosley, who no longer at his best is moving back up to a division he as never looked great in to begin with against a bigger, slippery boxer who tends to stay busy.

Mosley will come out to prove a point more so than usual and Mora has another big opportunity in front of him which he has shown in the past is more than capable of taking advantage of, which is why this should make for an interesting match-up.

Mosley, Mora, Ortiz, Harris, Baldomir & Alvarez on the same card is one of the most solid PPV we have had this year, some are just focusing on the main event not being the biggest. I would like to see more cards packed liked this in the future, it's gets the sport rolling much quicker.

thumbsup_anim.gif GO MOSLEY!!
Fitz
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Sep 17 2010, 07:52 PM) *
A fight that should be more entertaining than some may think and will also be a long night for Mosley, who no longer at his best is moving back up to a division he as never looked great in to begin with against a bigger, slippery boxer who tends to stay busy.

Mosley will come out to prove a point more so than usual and Mora has another big opportunity in front of him which he has shown in the past is more than capable of taking advantage of, which is why this should make for an interesting match-up.

Mosley, Mora, Ortiz, Harris, Baldomir & Alvarez on the same card is one of the most solid PPV we have had this year, some are just focusing on the main event not being the biggest. I would like to see more cards packed liked this in the future, it's gets the sport rolling much quicker.

Exactly. I don't see what the fuss is about. It is a solid card. I prefer a solid card than a good main event and the rest scraps.
salvador
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Sep 17 2010, 04:52 AM) *

Ortiz-Harris and Alvarez-Baldomir make this worth watching, but neither of those fights would have been main events on a regular HBO card (as neither Harris nor Baldomir are legit contenders) so to call this a "solid PPV" is just another way of saying that we, as boxing fans, have gotten so used to being screwed that we are actually grateful for 3 B-level fights in one night. The super bowl, the kentucky derby, and the world series are all free but Mosley-Mora costs $44.95. This is an ass-fucking courtesy of Goldenboy.
Fitz
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 17 2010, 10:05 PM) *
Ortiz-Harris and Alvarez-Baldomir make this worth watching, but neither of those fights would have been main events on a regular HBO card (as neither Harris nor Baldomir are legit contenders) so to call this a "solid PPV" is just another way of saying that we, as boxing fans, have gotten so used to being screwed that we are actually grateful for 3 B-level fights in one night. The super bowl, the kentucky derby, and the world series are all free but Mosley-Mora costs $44.95. This is an ass-fucking courtesy of Goldenboy.

But they aren't 'main events' on regular HBO they are undercards on PPV, so what's the problem? I seen some undercard fights on PPV that would probably be undercards on Friday Night Fights or something. I have seen some really bad cards that barely even get a mention on how shit they are, this isn't one that should be bitched about, as I really believe worse ones have been left a lone.
salvador
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 17 2010, 07:42 AM) *
But they aren't 'main events' on regular HBO they are undercards on PPV, so what's the problem? I seen some undercard fights on PPV that would probably be undercards on Friday Night Fights or something. I have seen some really bad cards that barely even get a mention on how shit they are, this isn't one that should be bitched about, as I really believe worse ones have been left a lone.

Ortiz is barely hanging on to his contender status and Harris has bombed every time he's gotten a big chance. It's an interesting fight, but I don't think we should have to pay for an interesting fight - especially since we are already paying for HBO. And I doubt that half the people on this board even know who Alvarez is and he's fighting a b- level guy in the 39 year old Baldomir. Again, not exactly PPV type of stuff.

As far as Mosley-Mora, I can't think of a fight I'd like to see less. Mora is the most boring fighter in the sport and Mosley is past it.

It's obviously a decent way to spend a Saturday night, but the fact that we're having to pay for it is very fucked. As far as other PPVs not getting mentioned, I think that we are all so tired of the subject of how promoters/HBO are constantly fucking us by forcing us to pay for boxing when every other sport is free that tons of shitty ppvs get ignored on this board (all of Arum's Chavez Jr. cards for example). And if the main event was a great fight this would be a great card, but the main event is going to be boring as hell.

We've been conditioned to accept this kind of bullshit and so I think that any time the subject comes up we should at least remember to speak our minds. At the very least there should be some kind of recognition that this fight is a bullshit PPV and that the cost should be $19.95 at the very most - still a joke considering that every other sport is free.

The bottom line here is that there's a reason the Staples center will be empty on Saturday and the PPV won't sell well. As a consequence, the hardcore fans will be out $45 and the casual fans won't get the chance to see two up and coming fighters in Ortiz and Alvarez. Fuck Goldenboy and Fuck HBO.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 17 2010, 08:03 AM) *
Ortiz is barely hanging on to his contender status and Harris has bombed every time he's gotten a big chance. It's an interesting fight, but I don't think we should have to pay for an interesting fight - especially since we are already paying for HBO. And I doubt that half the people on this board even know who Alvarez is and he's fighting a b- level guy in the 39 year old Baldomir. Again, not exactly PPV type of stuff.

As far as Mosley-Mora, I can't think of a fight I'd like to see less. Mora is the most boring fighter in the sport and Mosley is past it.

It's obviously a decent way to spend a Saturday night, but the fact that we're having to pay for it is very fucked. As far as other PPVs not getting mentioned, I think that we are all so tired of the subject of how promoters/HBO are constantly fucking us by forcing us to pay for boxing when every other sport is free that tons of shitty ppvs get ignored on this board (all of Arum's Chavez Jr. cards for example). And if the main event was a great fight this would be a great card, but the main event is going to be boring as hell.

We've been conditioned to accept this kind of bullshit and so I think that any time the subject comes up we should at least remember to speak our minds. At the very least there should be some kind of recognition that this fight is a bullshit PPV and that the cost should be $19.95 at the very most - still a joke considering that every other sport is free.

The bottom line here is that there's a reason the Staples center will be empty on Saturday and the PPV won't sell well. As a consequence, the hardcore fans will be out $45 and the casual fans won't get the chance to see two up and coming fighters in Ortiz and Alvarez. Fuck Goldenboy and Fuck HBO.

Is your last name BuzzKill?

On the otherhand, this card is a good excuse for me not to go out to some joint that does not make as good eats as my wife does (or I can grill) at home, saving me way more than the price of admission.

I think this is a decent card. We (or I) will see.

I would rather pay for this than most of the UFC stuff I have paid for.

Movie for two, popcorn and sodas cost near as much, for omnipotent being's sake.

Here, take a hit of this . . . and SHADDAP.
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 17 2010, 08:55 AM) *
I would rather pay for this than most of the UFC stuff I have paid for.

I'd rather stick a needle in my eye than cut my dick off.

There's no way this fight would be on HBO PPV if Mosley was with Arum or Shaw or anyone else other than Goldenboy because the card isn't remotely PPV worthy. I suspect it will get less than 200K buys - maybe less than 100K.
rusty_trombone
Anyone planning on purchasing this shit parade of a fight, please pm me. I have some lucrative business opportunities for you.
D-MARV
It seems to me that more boxing fans are picking Mora to win, I wish the odds would reflect this.
BigG
Salvador, I'ma a fan of Canelo...and I think he's def. a future champ but Baldomir has become an underrated fighter. He's nothing great but he's got alot of experience and a helluva chin and good stamina in the late rounds. Remember this guy took everything Vernon Forrest threw at him.

Ortiz will stop Harris in 5..

Mosley by UD over Mora
JLUVBABY
the closer fight time gets the more im leaning towards mora... i just see mosely having problems with boxers and mora is bigger and can box and he's a pretty smart fighter in the ring as well and knows how to use the ring... a rusty forrest or not when mora beat him the fact he was able to pull it off over that caliber of a fighter speaks a lot about the guy... mosely being older i just dont think will be able to catch up.. it'll be good for the first few rounds then i think mora slowly pulls away... either way i think tomorrow proves to be a very bad style match up for mosley... mora is not great but i think he's better than maybe most initially thought... i wont be surprised to see mora enter the next pac opponent sweepstakes if he pulls off the win...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 16 2010, 09:10 AM) *
$44.95 according to the front page story.

$34.95 would be more in line with reality...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 17 2010, 07:05 AM) *

And that about sums it up...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
For once I'm the lucky one, this PPV is costing me $24.95 NZD which represents good value for money especially as I want to see how Saul goes against Baldomir.
Jack 1000
Terrible as a PPV,

I don't buy PPV anymore to keep cable costs down. This would be better served on HBO B.A.D or W.C.B over two consecutive weekends or something, than paying $45-$50 for it. The undercard is good HBO quality, but that is all. Mosley-Mora could be a better than expected fight, but not worth paying for.

Jack
JLUVBABY
all great points and maybe salvador says it best.... but... what are you gonna do?... my weekends are not complete if theres no boxing on and theres been times ive ordered ufc when there was no boxing competing... just saying... this is actually a very descent under card compared to what promoters have been serving up...
caneman
So Mora didn't even make weight huh? I feel this goes on way too much these days! I just feel it's weak, I mean they are paid pros yet can't even do their job & make weight...I don't get it but whatever! If they can't make weight, should they get paid or even be allowed to fight?
Snoop
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 18 2010, 12:57 AM) *
So Mora didn't even make weight huh? I feel this goes on way too much these days! I just feel it's weak, I mean they are paid pros yet can't even do their job & make weight...I don't get it but whatever! If they can't make weight, should they get paid or even be allowed to fight?

Mora didn't make weight? Even more reasons to hate that piece of shit.
caneman
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 17 2010, 08:00 PM) *
Mora didn't make weight? Even more reasons to hate that piece of shit.

From what I heard he came in @ 157...I figured it would be in this thread. What professionals we have these days! I just feel if they can't make weight, they should be paid & that goes for any of them!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.