Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs Mora this weekend
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 17 2010, 07:57 PM) *
So Mora didn't even make weight huh? I feel this goes on way too much these days! I just feel it's weak, I mean they are paid pros yet can't even do their job & make weight...I don't get it but whatever! If they can't make weight, should they get paid or even be allowed to fight?

That's fucked up. Now I may reconsider the buy. That cocksuckin rat fuck piece of shit. That just ruined my night.

I'm out.
JD
He made weight...he weighed in at 153.6 after coming in at 157.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 18 2010, 12:11 AM) *
He made weight...he weighed in at 153.6 after coming in at 157.

Forfeited 20% of his purse to SSM. I suppose that is fair (and this makes my SSM pick look better).

I apologize for going off.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 18 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Forfeited 20% of his purse to SSM. I suppose that is fair (and this makes my SSM pick look better).

Don't. He's still a cocksucking rat fuck piece of shit.
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Sep 17 2010, 04:14 PM) *
It seems to me that more boxing fans are picking Mora to win, I wish the odds would reflect this.

For those of you who think Mora is going to win, ya'll should lay down some cash on it. Odds are looking pretty good for him. I personally don't care if he does win. I won't lay a cent supporting that piece of trash.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 17 2010, 12:05 PM) *
Ortiz-Harris and Alvarez-Baldomir make this worth watching, but neither of those fights would have been main events on a regular HBO card (as neither Harris nor Baldomir are legit contenders) so to call this a "solid PPV" is just another way of saying that we, as boxing fans, have gotten so used to being screwed that we are actually grateful for 3 B-level fights in one night. The super bowl, the kentucky derby, and the world series are all free but Mosley-Mora costs $44.95. This is an ass-fucking courtesy of Goldenboy.

True, your not off by saying this. This just shows the quality our boxing PPV's lack.. even when the main event it self doesn't live up to the hype a lot of times. Me personally tho.. don't recall the under cards to any of the big PPV's of late, but at least this under card features familiar names. Two prospects from very live divisions up against both their most experienced opponents to date which should be a good indication on where there at.

Despite Baldomir slowing a bit, if Alvarez can get the stoppage it will be impressive and Harris may be the more skilled fighter Ortiz has fought as both have shown they can be broken down in the ring which could make for some excitement. Comparing to the PPV's we've been given in the past couple of years I don't think too many cards would match up to this one. It's an improvement which I'm looking forward to watching, I just hope to get some decent match ups from it.

JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 18 2010, 01:44 AM) *

LOL...no need to apologize to me.

I just didn't want you to ruin the fight for yourself. Steve Kim reported that he had a bad scale.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Shit, it's the day of the fight, and now I realize I'm kind of hyped. It's going to be a long day not ordering the fight, but oh well. It's an intruiging fight, with many intangibles. Is Mosley washed up?, Did the Mora that showed up for the Forrest rematch not have enough time to train?, Is Mora too big?, Can Mosley fight at 54?, and so on. I honestly think it's anybody's fight out there tonight, and it will be a clash of styles. Mosley has never been a mover or slick fighter. He's a solid boxer-puncher who fights agressive. Mora is akward and utilizes a lot of movement. He's also taller than Mosley, which has given Mosley problems in the past. It's going to be a question of whether Mora utilizes that height, and if he's slick enough to keep Mosley off. If you saw his last fight, the answer to that is a resounding no. However, he had a huge layoff going into that fight. I'm very curious how this fight plays out. I got Mosley by close decision.
Jack 1000
Hard to pick a winner here,

I think the variables here are Mosley's age and Mora's inexperience. This sort of makes each cancel out, making this 50-50. I heard that Shane was like almost a 3-1 betting favorite, and that is really surprising. Mora is a good tough fighter and if Mosley has anything left he should win. Thing is, after the second round against Mayweather, Shane had nothing, and if Mora can take advantage of Shane's age and a stamina depleted fuel tank where Shane's body just can't do the good to great things it used to do, Sergio can win.

Looking at a Split or majority decision with several close rounds, with Shane having just enough experience and skill to pull this one out. If Mosley loses this, he should retire.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
However, Jack, the counterpoint can be made that Floyd made it look like he had nothing left. Marquez looked like he had nothing left against Mayweather, but went out and outpointed Diaz in his last fight. This is the one intangible that I'm curious about. People are talking about Shane's age and what he has left, but he may very well have a lot left. If Shane loses tonight it won't be because of age, but because of the akward style of Sergio Mora. That style could give Mosley a hard time at times.
Method
I wasnt planning on it...but now we're close, and Im fucking bored. I hear Don Francisco's perverted old ass bellowing from the tv in the bedroom, so I aint going in there...Im leaning on ordering.
streetlion1
If anyone has a stream of tonights fight Im looking....any help would be appreciated :-)
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Sep 18 2010, 07:10 PM) *
If anyone has a stream of tonights fight Im looking....any help would be appreciated :-)

check out justin.tv street.. i havent that site let me down yet,, go to the room with the most viewers and they'll point you in the right direction... lol...
gravytrain
I've a stream if anyone wants it.
KookedKrack
I do this every time...I said I wasn't ordering this all week, fight night comes and I order.

Hopefully there will be fireworks.
Method
I blame JD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.