FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
blackbelt2003
1. Yuriorkis Gamboa
2. Chris John
3. Jhonny Gonzalez
4. Rafael Marquez
5. Celestino Cabballero
6. Juan Manuel Marquez

Fuck it, let's throw in Daniel Ponce De Leon, Israel Vazquez and Elio Rojas and make it a Super Nine.

There's not a better division in boxing.

Black
EAlbian
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 15 2010, 10:51 AM) *
1. Yuriorkis Gamboa
2. Chris John
3. Jhonny Gonzalez
4. Rafael Marquez
5. Celestino Cabballero
6. Juan Manuel Marquez

Fuck it, let's throw in Daniel Ponce De Leon, Israel Vazquez and Elio Rojas and make it a Super Nine.

Black

I agree this is by far the best division boxing has seen in years. Im not really a huge fan of the super six format, takes way too long. Why not throw rigonduex, cordoba, escalante, Dibb, and maybe give Salido another crack and have a twelve man tournament. Im also pretty sure you meant Jaun Manuel Lopez also, Marguez might have some trouble making 126

Snoop
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 15 2010, 03:51 PM) *
1. Yuriorkis Gamboa
2. Chris John
3. Jhonny Gonzalez
4. Rafael Marquez
5. Celestino Cabballero
6. Juan Manuel Marquez

Black

Fuck yes man. It wasn't til I saw the Gamboa fight last Saturday did I realize the Featherweight division is STACKED. It's too bad the Mayweather/Pacquiao rumors are hogging up all the spotlight in boxing when there are plenty of quality fights out there, especially since these two divass mofos aren't even fighting.
PR316
They should.

Too bad Arum would never agree to it.
BigG
Hozumi Hasegawa is also moving up to 126...don't forget about Bernabe Concepcion and Steve Luevano. Featherweight division is full of good exciting fighters
blackbelt2003
LOL, yeah, Juanma LOPEZ not Marquez. My bad.

Who'd come out on top?

My money would be on Gamboa if he can be disciplined enough to box instead of getting drawn into a fight with a puncher like Lopez or Gonzalez.

Black
Snoop
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 15 2010, 07:22 PM) *
LOL, yeah, Juanma LOPEZ not Marquez. My bad.

Who'd come out on top?

My money would be on Gamboa if he can be disciplined enough to box instead of getting drawn into a fight with a puncher like Lopez or Gonzalez.

Black

Gamboa definitely has the tools and stamina to dominate. His problem is showboating, carelessness and discipline. He might have to lose or be really hurt to change. I mean shit, the guy's been knocked down 5 times and STILL walks around with his hands at his knees.
lloyd mayflower
Wouldnt bet my money on it, too much competition and quality in there. I know we would see some great great fightstho, and if my arm was twisted to pick, i'd pick Caballero
SmartyBeardo
The Super Six format is a poor one for boxing.

Four man double elimination makes more sense to me. In the case of the Featherweight division an eight man double elimination might even work. I would watch every fight, especially if they fought on the same cards. It would be epic.
EAlbian
Cab is very complete and a style nightmare for each of the guys, if i had to bet thats where it would be. I think its such a good division because you can make an argument for each of the top 4 guys and probably even the the top six. I think John, although been on the shelf too long, could give any of the top guys problems especially Gamboa. Lopez is very complete with good power and ok speed, but his foot speed is average at best and he can be touched. Gamboa is reckless and a well timed counter from Jaunma does not bode well for him, but he has all the tools to blow any of these guys out of the water. Marquez two years ago would have been a frontrunner but i think he's at his end. I think the lower tier of the division, Ponce de leon, Gonzalez, Salido, Escalante, Cordoba, are all capable of pulling an upset. In two years i like Rigonduex to knock off the top guy, he's too complete and has good speed and power.
PR316
^^^^I like Rigo but the only about him is that he's already 29 and hasn't even had 10 fights yet.

I'm not feeling that at all.
EAlbian
QUOTE (PR316 @ Sep 16 2010, 03:32 PM) *
^^^^I like Rigo but the only about him is that he's already 29 and hasn't even had 10 fights yet.

I'm not feeling that at all.

Yea he's 29 and hasnt had 10 fights but had well over 300 fights as an amature and is fighting a former world champion who holds a win over Caballero in his next fight. Rigonduex is on the fast track and will be a world champion by next year, in two years he'll be 31 and by no means to old or worn to contend with guys like Jaunma and Gamboa who will be 29-30 by that time. I see all of these fighter at or around 130-135 by that time
blackbelt2003
Caballero is the sleeper of the division.

I'm still pissed he never got to fight Vazquez for the undisputed title at 122, he would have taken Vazquez IMO.

Black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.