Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Shane Mosley still PPV worthy?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Run and Gun Game Calls
After the egg he laid against floyd, and his age, i say no. Whats your opinion?
1zz
Yes,he's still comes to fight,fans love him.

Lol, btw do you remember him fighting Jason Estrada on ESPN a few years back?
Snoop
QUOTE (1zz @ Sep 17 2010, 05:17 PM) *
Yes,he's still comes to fight,fans love him.

Lol, btw do you remember him fighting Jason Estrada on ESPN a few years back?

I remember that, but I think it was against David Estrada on ESPN's first boxing PPV. That wasn't a bad card. I remember Juan Diaz on it when he was still undefeated, Margarito vs Cintron, Brock vs McCline. Wasn't bad, especially with a $25 price tag.
JLUVBABY
i think as of today mosely is still ppv worthy... and heres the deal i think most dont feel this fight is worthy of ppv cuzz the other side of the headliner is sergio mora... mora is not a bad fighter... def. better than what we thought (least i thought) when i first saw him on the contender... if what happens that i think is gonna happen its just the life cycle of boxing... the old out and a new fighter is in the mix... this card, tho taking slack, i think can be appreciated cuzz you really cant call the fights... i think baldo has a very good shot vs alverez as well... ortiz should get harris out of there but what if harris has that one last fight left?.. it may actually be one of the better ppv cards in a while...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I think if Shane wins impressively against Mora than yes he is PPV worthy. Do I think this fight should be on PPV? No and I certainly feel for my American friends who are expected to shell out over 40 bucks for it.
jlupi
not in my opinion. but now days everything is on PPV. I only buy exceptional fights w superstars otherwise I wait
Jack 1000
After the egg he laid against Mayweather?

No.

Jack
JonnyBlaze
Shane alone is not PPV worthy,especially now..I like Shane but I think this fight for 45 bucks is a rip off..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (jlupi @ Sep 17 2010, 05:45 PM) *
not in my opinion. but now days everything is on PPV. I only buy exceptional fights w superstars otherwise I wait

I used to be more willing to get PPV but I can't do it anymore,especially if it's a fight like this..I only buy fights I think are worthy,unless it's a Holyfield fight biggrin.gif
SmartyBeardo
Shane by himself? No.

The card? Yes.

I'll being paying to view it. I'm a boxing fan. There is nothing better going on that night. If it was a week from now I would take a pass. There is something better to do.

I guess I don't look at $45 the way some of you do. This might be SSM's last stand . . . and there are three more good, competitive fights on the card.

I can understand if you can't afford it. But if all you are doing is playing video games or fuckin off on Facebook or some inconsequential bullshit, I don't get it if you are a boxing fans.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 18 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Shane by himself? No.

The card? Yes.

I'll being paying to view it. I'm a boxing fan. There is nothing better going on that night. If it was a week from now I would take a pass. There is something better to do.

I guess I don't look at $45 the way some of you do. This might be SSM's last stand . . . and there are three more good, competitive fights on the card.

I can understand if you can't afford it. But if all you are doing is playing video games or fuckin off on Facebook or some inconsequential bullshit, I don't get it if you are a boxing fans.

Beardo keepin it real.

I'm actually looking forward to it. I think it's one of better cards I've seen in recent years. prolly looking forward to the undercard more, which I guess could be taken one of 2 ways but still it's not often that one can say that.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 18 2010, 04:05 AM) *
Shane by himself? No.

The card? Yes.

That's what I'm saying. Each one of these fights would be a headliner for a B.A.D or maybe even a WCB so for me it's a pretty decent card for a PPV. I do think a lower price tag would be more fitting though.
Run and Gun Game Calls
again after this preformance is shane ppv worthy, I say hell no. It was obvious in the mayweather fight he was done.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 18 2010, 11:36 PM) *
again after this preformance is shane ppv worthy, I say hell no. It was obvious in the mayweather fight he was done.

Yes and no. Give Shane a come forward face first fighter he'd look like the 'old' Mosley in a second.
SmartyBeardo
After tonight I would say no, SSM is not PPV.

That said, if they through him in with Angulo, and it had a strong under-card, I would probably buy it.
EpTXCHAMP
Hell No! a delusional shane fan and there are a few on here might say oh there were over 13,000 people he's a draw! couldn't be more wrong the "latin fake" Ortiz and Alvarez put more people in those seats than shane!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 18 2010, 11:43 PM) *
Yes and no. Give Shane a come forward face first fighter he'd look like the 'old' Mosley in a second.

im not so sure... i think face first fighters the likes of alverez (yes canelo), and pac and that type methodically give him a butt whipping... i thought he did enough last night to win but it seems people are split on who actually won so i wont go there... image if he was fighting a james kirkland or an angulo last night at 154... id bet he'd have been ko'd... just my opinion but i think he needs to be very very selective of who he fights if he continues fighting.....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 19 2010, 07:49 PM) *
im not so sure... i think face first fighters the likes of alverez (yes canelo), and pac and that type methodically give him a butt whipping... i thought he did enough last night to win but it seems people are split on who actually won so i wont go there... image if he was fighting a james kirkland or an angulo last night at 154... id bet he'd have been ko'd... just my opinion but i think he needs to be very very selective of who he fights if he continues fighting.....

Alavarez would win becuase he is so damn big, although Cotto was able to hurt him bad. Pac is not a face first fighter anymore. Yeah I know he gets marked up but that is because he tends to get excited when he has a guy hurt and will take a couple on the way in. But in setting up those moments he is a lot better defensively these days.

As for the other 2 guys, I wouldn't put Mosley in at 154. To me he has always been a 147 pounder max. He only went to 154 for money fights, so it's a moot point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.