Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Mosley vs. Mora@6PM(PT),8PM(CT),9PM(ET) SPOILERS-15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Lil-lightsout
Mora barely landed shit while backing up all night. Sure Mosley was not very effective either, but he was coming forward all night. Mora is very awkward and slippery and hard to watch. Mosley clearly won the last few rounds also. It was a difficult fight to score. Mosley needs to fight a more stationary target. Mora should retire.
Rivado
fixed
Warlord
Merchant talking about Shane being the aggressor as if that were enough? Where was that shit when Mayorga was chasing gay ass Corey Spinks all over the ring?

HBO is so fucking gay.
SmartyBeardo
Listen to Mora suggest that he was being easy on Shane.
Michigan Assassin
I think the scum of GBP put Mosley in with Mora for just something like this. No way he could look good and a chance that Mora can box to a boring decision win.

They want out of the Mosley Hopkins deals and want them to ride off into the sunset.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 18 2010, 11:57 PM) *
Mora barely landed shit while backing up all night. Sure Mosley was not very effective either, but he was coming forward all night. Mora is very awkward and slippery and hard to watch. Mosley clearly won the last few rounds also. It was a difficult fight to score. Mosley needs to fight a more stationary target. Mora should retire.

No bull, I was thinking the exact same thing. Found myself wondering "why is this dude boxing?"
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 18 2010, 11:54 PM) *
I would watch Mora against a Klit.

I would pay for that one. We don't need weight classes anyway, all you need to know how to do is fight. laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Rivado @ Sep 18 2010, 10:57 PM) *
fixed

No sarcasm there.
SmartyBeardo
Later dudes, there's a white hot topaz eyed blonde calling from the bedroom.

That's not racist is it, Snoop?

Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 19 2010, 04:03 AM) *

laugh.gif

Sellout.
KookedKrack
Terrible fight they called it a draw I had Mosley winning but in the end I took the loss for ordering this.
JD
The only worse than the actual fight was Lampley's call of it. That was embarrassing.

Good call on the draw, why reward two shit performances.

Can we PLEASE never see Mosley on HBO again? Mora is a foregone conclusion...but PLEASE, no more Mosley.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 19 2010, 12:09 AM) *
The only worse than the actual fight was Lampley's call of it. That was embarrassing.

Good call on the draw, why reward two shit performances.

Can we PLEASE never see Mosley on HBO again? Mora is a foregone conclusion...but PLEASE, no more Mosley.

The FightHype Hate Dump

Sergio Mora: JonnyBlaze, snoopnick, STEVENSKI, The C.E.O., Big Slim, Lil-lightsout, hardhead, Spyder, rusty_trombone, 3King3, stateofthegame, biggeorge89, Nay_Sayer
Shane Mosley: JD?

laugh.gif
JD
I hate them both...and Lampley.

But I don't do hate dumps...though I may have done Cintron's.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 18 2010, 11:00 PM) *
I would pay for that one. We don't need weight classes anyway, all you need to know how to do is fight. laugh.gif

Unfortunately Sergio doesn't know how to fight!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 19 2010, 12:13 AM) *
The FightHype Hate Dump

Sergio Mora: JonnyBlaze, snoopnick, STEVENSKI, The C.E.O., Big Slim, Lil-lightsout, hardhead, Spyder, rusty_trombone, 3King3, stateofthegame, biggeorge89

laugh.gif

Hahahaha. Yeah...I knew I hated this dude for quite a bit.

Damn, look at all those guys that changed their screen names!

Where is BIG SLIM??? I miss him posting.

Fuck JD, lol. Shane pressed forward and tried to land, that bitch just ran and ran and ran. Give Shane a better style match up and he is sure to give you a pretty good fight. The 39 year old was winging hard punches those last two rounds. He at least tried to finish the show. I saw ONE round where Mora was aggressive and kind of came forward and mixed it up a little, just one.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 19 2010, 12:15 AM) *

But I don't do hate dumps...though I may have done Cintron's.

Kermit Cintron: snoopnick, The C.E.O., hardhead, EpTXCHAMP, JLUVBABY, Box in Hand, pcraw, damarvelous1, JonnyBlaze, moscow bear

Nope...I guess you don't...lol

I'm thinkin' about finally throwing Mosley under the bus...it's for our/his own good.
caneman
Wow, sounds like I did not miss much! It is time for some of these older fighters to step down though...the problem is, who will replace them?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 19 2010, 12:19 AM) *
Unfortunately Sergio doesn't know how to fight!

That's okay man, we will give him a free pass JUST for this one fight. For the benefit of all us boxing fans. laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 19 2010, 12:20 AM) *
Hahahaha. Yeah...I knew I hated this dude for quite a bit.

Damn, look at all those guys that changed their screen names!

Where is BIG SLIM??? I miss him posting.

Fuck JD, lol. Shane pressed forward and tried to land, that bitch just ran and ran and ran. Give Shane a better style match up and he is sure to give you a pretty good fight. The 39 year old was winging hard punches those last two rounds. He at least tried to finish the show. I saw ONE round where Mora was aggressive and kind of came forward and mixed it up a little, just one.

Yeah, man...I helped several people change their names when I became a mod...

Big Slim Sweetness ain't on that much anymore (like myself)....but he's still alive and takin' care of business...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Wow, I guess I was the only one entertained by the last six rounds of that fight. The first six were pretty boring, but they traded some good shots in the last half of the fight. Lampley was just atrocious tonight. That man has no right calling a professional fighter pathetic, when he wouldn't last 10 seconds with a decent 15 year old amateur. He needs to STFU, and just call the fight as is. His rant at the end of the fight sounded like a 16 year old girl not getting her way. It's not like Shane was landing much in there, or being all that more entertaining. In fact, there was more than one instance where Mosley was holding as well as Mora. I understand that HBO might not like all fighters, but their jobs are to call the fight. It's just wonderful when people pay 50 bucks to watch the fight only to have the announcers trash one of the fighters for 12 rounds.

I scored the fight 115-113 Mosley. I gave Mora rounds 1,4,7,10, and 11. I thought 11 was closer than people though, and was impressed with the work Mora did on the inside that round. He also landed some nice rights that round as well. Round one he just controlled the fight with his movement, and Mosley couldn't do anything really. There were some close rounds in the first six as well, as it was an ugly fight for those rounds. I may be crazy, but I felt the fight was solid for the last six rounds. Mosley kept pushing forward, but Mora was cracking him with some nice uppercuts and rights.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 19 2010, 12:55 AM) *
Wow, I guess I was the only one entertained by the last six rounds of that fight. The first six were pretty boring, but they traded some good shots in the last half of the fight. Lampley was just atrocious tonight. That man has no right calling a professional fighter pathetic, when he wouldn't last 10 seconds with a decent 15 year old amateur. He needs to STFU, and just call the fight as is. His rant at the end of the fight sounded like a 16 year old girl not getting her way. It's not like Shane was landing much in there, or being all that more entertaining. In fact, there was more than one instance where Mosley was holding as well as Mora. I understand that HBO might not like all fighters, but their jobs are to call the fight. It's just wonderful when people pay 50 bucks to watch the fight only to have the announcers trash one of the fighters for 12 rounds.

I scored the fight 115-113 Mosley. I gave Mora rounds 1,4,7,10, and 11. I thought 11 was closer than people though, and was impressed with the work Mora did on the inside that round. He also landed some nice rights that round as well. Round one he just controlled the fight with his movement, and Mosley couldn't do anything really. There were some close rounds in the first six as well, as it was an ugly fight for those rounds. I may be crazy, but I felt the fight was solid for the last six rounds. Mosley kept pushing forward, but Mora was cracking him with some nice uppercuts and rights.

Should have listened to Fisher and Bontempo commentating, they were equally as bad. They had it a landslide win for Mora. Fisher I think gave Mora the first nine rounds on his card. I was irritated just listening to them just act as if though Mora was doing all the work. They downgraded everything Shane did, not that Shane was spectacular, but they acted is if Mora was dominating him.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 19 2010, 12:26 AM) *
Yeah, man...I helped several people change their names when I became a mod...

Big Slim Sweetness ain't on that much anymore (like myself)....but he's still alive and takin' care of business...

I remember the stint of everyone changing their names, lol.

Good to hear Slim is ok.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea I feel you on that LL....Nobody was dominating anybody in that ring. It doesn't shock me though that Fischer would score like that for Mora. I believe he's had an extensive involvement with the Southern California fight scene, and has seen Mora in the gym way before he was even on The Contender. Though I guess the same could be said for Shane Mosley. In fact, didn't Fischer used to cover Mosley back in the early 90's or some shit when he was fighting at the forum. I can respect Fischer at least, since he's gone to the boxing gyms and shit. Lampley prolly ain't set foot in a gym. He was out of line tonight with the hate he had for Mora. I mean, he point blank called him pathetic in there. That goes beyond just saying they aren't doing enough in there. It was a competitive fight tonight, and it was overall a solid fight card.
kidbazooka1
Deleon looked Good Stopping Escalante.

Ortiz and Alvarez impressed me big time especially Alvarez i expected him to win a UD but never stop Alvarez cold the way he did i na few yrs i see this kid as a p4p fighter.

Mosley/Mora showed me two things Mora is a little better than i thought just a little and Mosley is way passed it. They should do a rematch on HBO and if so i see Mora winning it convincingly. I did like Mosley's trunks though. cool.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 19 2010, 05:15 AM) *

I hate Mora more than most on this board, but the HBO team tonight were straight biased. Both Merchant and Lampley were sucking WAAAAAY too much Mosley nuts and bashing too hard on Mora's. Ok, maybe not too hard, but if I was objective about Mora, I would say they were.
ROLL DEEP
I haven't caught the fight - was Shane bad or was it a clash of styles? Would the younger Shane been able to finish it?

Does this detract from the Mosley Mayweather's win?
Snoop
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 19 2010, 11:33 AM) *
I haven't caught the fight - was Shane bad or was it a clash of styles? Would the younger Shane been able to finish it?

Bad Shane, clash or styles, younger Mosley would have put him away.

In terms of Mayweather, I dunno. You could either say,

"Mosley was past it when he fought Mayweather, this fight proves it!"

Or you could say,

"Mayweather ruined Mosley, this fight proves it!"

Never ending debate.
JD
RD....Shane was Shane. He was pretty much the same guy we have seen for a while now...if you don't walk right to him, from straight in front of him with no movement or jab, he struggles.

Mora was not good at all, he went from bad to average after giving away rounds he didn't need to, but Mosley was never good in there. Shane hopped and then plodded...didn't jab...didn't know what to do inside, he just threw wide crap...both guys really deserved to lose the fight. Mosley is done, he doesn't make for good fights any more, and he doesn't do anything well any longer. The only surprise to me was the Mosley was tired from the 8th or 9th round in an extremely low contact fight.

The HBO call was atrocious, it was the typical excitement over 3 missed Shane shots, and if Mora landed a counter they ignored it...Lederman's card was embarrassing...and the fight itself was an abomination. This is the type of shit that is wrong with boxing, PPV shouldn't be because a network didn't have a date for the fight, it should be because the best fights need an additional source of revenue - at least that's the way it used to be.

Boxing doesn't even need UFC to try and bury it...it's doing it to itself. Really, the only good thing that came out of this fight is that we might not have to see Mosley on HBO ever again, and I use the word "might" with a great deal of apprehension because I know I am giving the network and the sport too much credit with this one.
Method
Mora should have his boxing license REVOKED, and anyone "impressed" with his performance or waling away from last night thinking, "Mora is better than I thought" should be neutered.

I'm not saying Shane laid on a lopsided ass whupin - he didn't. But he deserved a W if for NO other reason than he tried to make a fight. The "snake" is a fucking fake.

Was HBO sucking WAY too much Mosley cock (specifically Lampley)? Absofuckinglutely. I have NO idea where it was all coming from, but they were all over his nuts. In one of the later rounds, Lampley got all poetic like he was eulogizing William Wallace. I was like, "huh"?

For Mora to get up on the mic post fight and say he thought he won by at LEAST 2 rounds is fucking perplexing, especially given his corner was all in his ass telling him he had basically lost the fight. Maybe that's fitting of the "Snake" nickname...fucking liar. Dude flat out said "I didnt believe my corner". Real good. No faith in your corner?

At the end of the day, Larry Merchant wrapped it up perfectly, "I have no desire to ever see Sergio Mora in the ring again". His performance last night was borderline Morrade Hakkar.

Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 19 2010, 12:03 AM) *

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!
JD
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2010, 08:41 AM) *
Mora should have his boxing license REVOKED, and anyone "impressed" with his performance or waling away from last night thinking, "Mora is better than I thought" should be neutered.

I'm not saying Shane laid on a lopsided ass whupin - he didn't. But he deserved a W if for NO other reason than he tried to make a fight. The "snake" is a fucking fake.

Was HBO sucking WAY too much Mosley cock (specifically Lampley)? Absofuckinglutely. I have NO idea where it was all coming from, but they were all over his nuts. In one of the later rounds, Lampley got all poetic like he was eulogizing William Wallace. I was like, "huh"?

For Mora to get up on the mic post fight and say he thought he won by at LEAST 2 rounds is fucking perplexing, especially given his corner was all in his ass telling him he had basically lost the fight. Maybe that's fitting of the "Snake" nickname...fucking liar. Dude flat out said "I didnt believe my corner". Real good. No faith in your corner?

At the end of the day, Larry Merchant wrapped it up perfectly, "I have no desire to ever see Sergio Mora in the ring again". His performance last night was borderline Morrade Hakkar.

I cannot imagine HBO EVER putting Mora on the airwaves again, unless GBP gives them no choice as part of a PPV undercard...but the chances are that they won't be able to because Mora will likely think he deserves better for reasons unbeknown to anyone with a brain.

Mosley needs to go away on his own accord.
Method
Yeah, JD. I dont want to see Mosley disappear as bad as you do, but at this point, you can't match him w a Sergio Mora type.

Mora is NOT going to be the proxy to decide how much left you REALLY have in the tank after that ass whuppin Floyd laid on Shane.

I wonder if HBO was hating on Mora because he turned down the oppty to fight HBO stable horse Jermain Taylor back in the day when HBO was trying to hype him up. Maybe the slight of turning down an oppty HBO handed to Mora in a shot at the undisputed middleweight champ still stings.

Shane SHOULD have pursued a rematch w Cotto, Marg, or a fight w Paq.

Shane is still a name (and talent), but this fight (opponent, really), slaughtered Shane's marketability (much like the Jones rematch did for Hopkins).

Now, if he REALLY wants to get a big fight, I sense he'll have to legitimately get in line and put on the hard hat and put on an impressive performance win over a interesting up and comer or a legit b-caliber opponent.

One thing I can never stand is how much of a "good guy" Shane is when he is post-fight interviewed after a bullshit decision. He pays too much respect. He did it to Cotto too. I guess its some "get back" after he was gifted the decision over DLH in their rematch.

I say make Shane/Berto.
JD
Yeah, maybe I am in the vast minority here, but I just have no desire to ever see him fight again. Aside from the fact that I think he is useless in there now, I hate to see Naaz wasting his time with this guy.

Mosley doesn't listen to him...ever...and those are valuable weeks in the gym that could be dedicated to someone who actually has a future in the sport and can improve under the tutelage of Richardson.
Method
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 19 2010, 09:01 AM) *
Yeah, maybe I am in the vast minority here, but I just have no desire to ever see him fight again. Aside from the fact that I think he is useless in there now, I hate to see Naaz wasting his time with this guy.

Mosley doesn't listen to him...ever...and those are valuable weeks in the gym that could be dedicated to someone who actually has a future in the sport and can improve under the tutelage of Richardson.

Cant argue at all with you there. I'd much rather see Naaz in there w Rock Allen at this point than in-one-ear-out-the-other Mosley. I don't blame Naaz fro trying to get paid, but I also honestly think Naaz feels some sense of responsibility in shepherding guys like Shane, etc in the twilight of their careers. Remember, Naazim was around when all these guys were ams, so maybe that's why he does it, but you're right, its frustrating to see Naaz wasting his time with Mosley.

At the end of the day, as long as it aint PPV, I have no problem w Shane on HBO, and no prob w PPV if its a good match up.
Mean Mister Mustard
Didn't even see the fight ,but from what I'm reading it seems like Mora is FH's new enemy #1.

If Mosley did look lackluster last night then it's good for him. Maybe now people will fight him.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2010, 11:13 PM) *
The FightHype Hate Dump

Sergio Mora: JonnyBlaze, snoopnick, STEVENSKI, The C.E.O., Big Slim, Lil-lightsout, hardhead, Spyder, rusty_trombone, 3King3, stateofthegame, biggeorge89

laugh.gif

I got a well digested new york and ribeye ready to dump on Mora right now.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 18 2010, 11:55 PM) *

Good post.

I had it 6-4-2 Mosley. SSM won IMO largely on aggression alone. Honestly, he was there to be had from the 5th or 6th on but Mora refused to get busy enough to take it.

I've been rehashing the fight:Mora's refusal to fight, Mosley's inability to do any damage, questionable advice from Mora's corner, Mora suggesting after the fight that he gave Mosley a pass, Mosley not upset about the draw.

I hate the stench of a fixed fight on Sunday morning.

This sets up for a young lion going in with what I consider a largely shot Mosley. It sets up for an in house Mora v Alvarez fight. If Mosley would have lost his value would have gone to chump change. If he would have won, nobody would want to fight him. Now he looks vulnerable but also has been positioned as the ripped off old great who deserves a shot at making things right. Still very marketable.

If Mora had lost, his value as a set up man would have diminished. IMO, Mora was convinced by the money men to carry SSM to a close decision (that he was told would go his way) and he got burned.

Mora is the tragic character in this situation. He foolishly carries SSM (basically under orders). In order to do so he ruins any positive image he had with the boxing fans (especially the Mexicans). His personal market value has been seriously (almost mortally) damaged.

Mora needs to dump his corner team. They are owned by GBP. Last night I stated that I would never watch another Mora fight. I take that back. I think that circumstances have created a situation where Mora may well be The Latin Snake in the grass. But, he needs to man up and take control of his own career. He needs to stop taking orders and start taking charge.

Or, he can take another half-assed payday v Alvarez and follow orders to lose.

Mosley is now setup for a good payday v someone like Angulo, but he is likely to take a severe ass whoopin'.

In conclusion; I feel I received my money's worth last night, but . . .
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 19 2010, 06:33 AM) *

Bad.

Yes.

Yes.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2010, 08:41 AM) *

This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel towards "The Latin Snake" .....guy flat out annoys me....I'd rather watch Kevin Johnson vs klitschko replays all day with my eyes taped open confined to a chair.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 19 2010, 08:01 AM) *

I totally agree. Think of what Naaz could do with a Rios, Maidana, Angulo, Abregu, PWill, Alexander, etc.
EpTXCHAMP
hope alot of u guys here did not shell out 45 bills for this card. Seriously 3 of the 4 fights had at least one shot fighter participating in it, and the 4th fight was over in 3.

baldy in not near what he use to be and thats saying alot because his ude to be was never really that great! So still not sold on this kid

Ortiz has not fought a live body in over two yrs so dont get overly excited about that K.O against a shot Harris

Ponce is good enough to beat B level fighters but wont be a threat to Gamboa or Juan Ma who already destroyed him.

Shane just retire before they feed you to a berto or someone else. Shane is nothing more than a gatekeeper now or a name to add to a resume
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 19 2010, 10:40 AM) *
I got a well digested new york and ribeye ready to dump on Mora right now.

On the life of my kids, I made both a thick /NY Strip AND a Think bone-in Rin Eye for dinner tonight,
ViperSniper
Although Mosley pressed the fight I do think Mora landed more throughout the fight as Mosley looked really frustrated and flat at times. Ugly fight with Mosley showing his age, looking slow at 154 against Mora's style made for a poor showing. There were a couple of quite rounds that could have gone either way but I must be one of the few to give this fight to Mora.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2010, 07:35 PM) *
On the life of my kids, I made both a thick /NY Strip AND a Think bone-in Rin Eye for dinner tonight,

Who needs surf?
JLUVBABY
Snoop
"Fight a real Mexican Shane!"

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 18 2010, 11:51 PM) *
Yeah, but watching boxing is like looking at titties. You'd never turn it down if you had a choice, no matter how terrible those titties may turn out to be.

LMAO...fucking CLASSIC!!!
BigG
I thought Mosley edged it but a draw is alright...

Very impressive that Canelo KO'd Baldomir who's tough as nails...I don't know, I see alot of Cotto in Canelo...

Victor Ortiz looked good too and Ponce fought a VERY good fight. That maybe the best I've seen him. He looked solid and he had good counterpunches.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2010, 09:08 AM) *
At the end of the day, as long as it aint PPV, I have no problem w Shane on HBO, and no prob w PPV if its a good match up.

that's exactly the way i feel. i don't think mosley mora should have been a ppv, especially after mosley's performance in his last fight.

even though i'm not a big fan of either fighter, i wouldn't mind seeing mosley vs. spinks. i think it would be an interesting match up between two guys who are still decent though past their primes. spinks could put on a boxing clinic if mosley doesn't adjust, but mosley would definitely be able to ko spinks when/if he catches him. although maybe they'd just end up hugging each other all night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.