Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Hittman25
I dont know about you guys and girls but im glad they at least made this fight happen this year and we didnt have to wait so long......sergio deserves this fight and should put on a good show....

i wanna see him put pwill face first on the canvas so they dont even think about a third and sergio can move on to fighting bute or a top super middleweight but i mite be getting ahead of myself haha but i just love boxing!!!!!!

and how about amir khan and maidana fighting and devon and timmy fighting and we get to see a 150 pacqiauo the next couple of months are gonna be fun Im just glad its happening but im still waitin on the DREAM FIGHT.......but ya i wanna know how people feel about these super fights.....

do u think amir is gonna get koed or is he gonna take maidana to skool......is sergio gonna get his revenge? I really dont care about devon and timmy because i think their both pussys but thats my opinon wats yours there are lots of fights out there that would be cool to see they just have to be made wats one u guys are waiting for beside the ONE.....

TELL ME WHAT YALL THINK!!!!!!!!!!!LET IT OUT
Box in Hand
I'm going for Sergio all the way on this one and hope it ends in a KO. I think Khan will school Maidana and proclaim himself the best in his class when he really isn't. He needs to go back and avenge that 1st round ass thrashing he got and then he can talk.
Snoop
Fights like Martinez vs Williams are what keep boxing alive.
JLUVBABY
im excited bout this fight and as much as i like the punisher i got to go with sergio in this fight... IF paul does beat sergio than i give paul MUCH respect... but sergio is riding a major high right now... not sure even lil floyd wants to fool with him right now...
Lil-lightsout
I have been a critic of PW in the past, a little overhyped IMO. I think he is great for the sport and gives it his all, and though he had a rough time with Martinez in their first fight, I expect Paul to win this one. I think Paul underestimated Sergio and fought really stupid. I truly believe Paul will fight much smarter and pick his spots and beat him by decision.
EAlbian
I have pwill by way of punishment, he only had 3 weeks to prepare for a complete different style fight and still fought well. Sergio is good and it will be a good fight so the fans win on this one either way. I'd like to see 154 and 160 cleared out before either guy thinks about going to 168. Whoever gets through the super six, I'm almost positive it will be ward, should fight bute and then look at 175 has to offer, right now I like what cloud has to offer but someone with a good jab and feet will give him a lot of problems. Devon and Timmy are far from pussys, both show a lot of heart when they fight. I think Devon could be great if he was just a little more active and dropped Cunningham and got a better trainer, someone to tighten up his defense and give him a new look.
tymoney
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 22 2010, 06:42 PM) *
I have pwill by way of punishment, he only had 3 weeks to prepare for a complete different style fight and still fought well. Sergio is good and it will be a good fight so the fans win on this one either way. I'd like to see 154 and 160 cleared out before either guy thinks about going to 168. Whoever gets through the super six, I'm almost positive it will be ward, should fight bute and then look at 175 has to offer, right now I like what cloud has to offer but someone with a good jab and feet will give him a lot of problems. Devon and Timmy are far from pussys, both show a lot of heart when they fight. I think Devon could be great if he was just a little more active and dropped Cunningham and got a better trainer, someone to tighten up his defense and give him a new look.

You made a good point about the PWill/Sergio fight.. but you have to remember Sergio took this fight on 3 wks notice also and won IMO. I just think stylistically Pwill cant fuck with Martinez. He too slick for em. Either way tho it will be a good ass fight and im excited about it. Devon/Timmy fight.. Idk if i had to put my money on it I might ride with Bradley. Both of their defenses a lil shakey.. Timmy is notorious for those WIDE ass hooks but Devon defense seems a lil worse. In that kotelnik fight his head was getting snapped back all fuckin nite! Should be a goody tho may the best man win
King Eugene
I'm picking Martinez but rooting for Paul. The last fight was a damn good one but PW made it a whole lot harder than what it had to be. I'm not mad though because his style presents entertaining fights every time out. If and thats a big IF he fights tall and use his size and reach advantage to keep the fight on the outside, be patient, and pick his shots he'll cruise to a easy UD. The PW we know will refuse to do that for wanting to entertain his fans, make it a dog fight and possibly lose. Martinez doesn't have the best stamina in the world and has tired late in his last two fights(He gutted them out though) so I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul take the late rounds and win the UD.

Martinez may just well stop his ass though.
BigG
Williams by decision clearly this time in another GREAT fight.
EAlbian
QUOTE (tymoney @ Sep 22 2010, 06:23 PM) *
You made a good point about the PWill/Sergio fight.. but you have to remember Sergio took this fight on 3 wks notice also and won IMO. I just think stylistically Pwill cant fuck with Martinez. He too slick for em. Either way tho it will be a good ass fight and im excited about it. Devon/Timmy fight.. Idk if i had to put my money on it I might ride with Bradley. Both of their defenses a lil shakey.. Timmy is notorious for those WIDE ass hooks but Devon defense seems a lil worse. In that kotelnik fight his head was getting snapped back all fuckin nite! Should be a goody tho may the best man win

Yea, Devon doesn't move his head. He's still real young and I think someone to give him a new look in training would really do him well, problem is he's now in the most important fight of his career and is a major part of defense. The loser of that fight is going to have a rough climb back up. The thing that is a little different about pwill and Martinez's situation before the last fight is pwill was training for a specific fight for awhil, pavlik pulled out twice, And then to had to switch it up to a southpaw with good movement. Martinez only had three weeks as well but wasnt already going through the motions for a specific fight. We'll see what happens but I just think pwill can do more. Anyways both are great fights, if all of these fights come off without a hitch the next year will be great for boxing, then all we need is for arum to retire
PR316
This one will also come down to the wire. I say that Martinez will just edge it this time in another back and forth type fight. Wouldn't be surprised is both guys visit the canvas again.
D-MARV
I cannot tell you how disappointed I'am with Team Williams. This catchweight shit for titles is BEYOND gay. The catchweight wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the title but this will be a good fight either way... 50-50 fight in my opinion. I have a feeling that it won't go 12 rounds this time.
JonnyBlaze
I think PWill and/or Martinez will fight a different fight this time.
1zz
I see Williams winning this one by TKO.

Martinez will take a lot of flush shots again but this time PW will put much more mustard on them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (1zz @ Sep 25 2010, 11:25 AM) *
I see Williams winning this one by TKO.

Martinez will take a lot of flush shots again but this time PW will put much more mustard on them.

I agree, I think PW will win this one cleanly. I'm still not sold on Martinez. His acheivements over the past 18 months have been fantastic but I also saw Pavlik take rounds off of him and Pavlik is no great shakes.
TheFonz
La Maravilla will extract his revenge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.