Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Still Have A Soul - Boxing
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtMm0swu5i8
ROLL DEEP
What's going on? There's nothing in here?!?!

dntknw.gif
BigG
Fixed it up..

ROLL DEEP
Great video.

I think it's just a short story filmed by HBO to promote HBO boxing.

Either way, it's a nice little vid.....
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 23 2010, 05:03 AM) *
I saw this the other day. It's good, but I don't get it. Is it just a short story?

laugh.gif

Are you sure you're not a woman? taunt.gif

That shit was AWESOME! It sets up the premise of B.A.D. perfectly. I swear man, HBO is THE Pinnacle of video/film production. They tell a story with pictures like nobody else...
Snoop
Wow. Amazing they were able to capture all that in under 3 mins. Great vid.
Maxy
That was a nice video. Cheers for the up.
thehype
Nice vid. Too bad HBO Boxing can't make fights as good.

laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
I really liked that video.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 23 2010, 07:47 PM) *
What do you mean? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with American channels, or what shows or things they may promote on their, lol. It looked like a short story to me, but I had no idea for sure which is why I understand it properly at first.
I'm guessing your comment was making fun of me on why I didn't understand a 3 minute boxing clip on an American channel, lol.

Yes. I was making fun of you. lol
Spyder
laugh.gif

You don't really have to know American TV shows to know what you were watching though...lol...it was just showing what a dirt poor dude would go through to fight his way out of being homeless.

But if it makes you feel better, I just found out the other day that one of my great-grandfather's was born in Australia...so I guess I'm part dirty Aussie too. lol
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 23 2010, 09:42 PM) *
Well my first suggestion was that it was a short story, lol. I just wasn't sure man. You were dirty before you found out your great-grandfather was born in Australia, you were Italian before that

laugh.gif

Seriously, my grandfather was going through some old paperwork, and he found his father's birth certificate...it said born in Australia. My grandfather is 91 years old, and he was fucking bewildered...lol...he's not senile or anything, but he was just saying..."out of all the conversations I had with my dad, you would think that he would've mentioned that he was born in Australia."

I felt like someone kicked me in the gut when I found out...

laugh.gif
King Eugene
Nice vid! Makes you want to see more of that story.
lloyd mayflower
Congratulations Spyder, you're part English criminal!!!

Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 24 2010, 04:19 AM) *
Congratulations Spyder, you're part English criminal!!!

No kidding...

There was always speculation that he might have been born in Scotland...as if that wasn't bad enough...now we find out that he was likely outcast to the land of underoos!

laugh.gif
gravytrain
I was looking more into this video, I can't confirm it but I read this guy is trying to pitch it to HBO. In my opinion it'd be 100x better than the current BAD intro.

Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 24 2010, 08:30 PM) *
I was looking more into this video, I can't confirm it but I read this guy is trying to pitch it to HBO. In my opinion it'd be 100x better than the current BAD intro.

Oh damn I thought the guy worked for HBO. He has some serious talent, but honestly I think it would be too long for an intro.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 25 2010, 12:57 PM) *
Oh damn I thought the guy worked for HBO. He has some serious talent, but honestly I think it would be too long for an intro.

The length is an issue but I don't think it's so long or dull that people would be turned off by it. Paying the guy for the intro when the intro doesn't really matter is another story lol.
pesticid
I liked the video, but personally I am not getting it. How does this summarize BAD? Most of the fighters on BAD have been fighting handpicked opponents for millions of dollars, at least lately. So yeah, overall a good video, but if it's not about a movie or a documentary I don't see how it relates to Boxing After Dark. One individual who happens to be homeless has a passion for boxing, he could have the same passion for anything else. Anyway, I hope they don't use it as their promo of BAD.
pesticid
I just noticed that in the church the writing is in French. Wonder where in the U.S. besides New Orleans could this church be?
Snoop
The length is an issue but I don't think it's so long or dull that people would be turned off by it. Paying the guy for the intro when the intro doesn't really matter is another story lol.

I think it'd make a great promo to put during the transition time between movies/shows, but if they showed it on every BAD event, I think it would start to lose it's impact.

QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 26 2010, 06:51 PM) *
I liked the video, but personally I am not getting it. How does this summarize BAD? Most of the fighters on BAD have been fighting handpicked opponents for millions of dollars, at least lately. So yeah, overall a good video, but if it's not about a movie or a documentary I don't see how it relates to Boxing After Dark. One individual who happens to be homeless has a passion for boxing, he could have the same passion for anything else. Anyway, I hope they don't use it as their promo of BAD.

I disagree. I think it would make a great promo. A person fighting handpicked opponents fighting for millions of dollars could have started his career homeless. I don't think they're trying to say it's the norm on BAD, or in boxing even, but it IS possible as there are plenty of stories like this out there. To me it's more of a showcase of boxing, not just of BAD and it's relative enough to put them together.

gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 26 2010, 03:09 PM) *
I think it'd make a great promo to put during the transition time between movies/shows, but if they showed it on every BAD event, I think it would start to lose it's impact.

I disagree. I think it would make a great promo. A person fighting handpicked opponents fighting for millions of dollars could have started his career homeless. I don't think they're trying to say it's the norm on BAD, or in boxing even, but it IS possible as there are plenty of stories like this out there. To me it's more of a showcase of boxing, not just of BAD and it's relative enough to put them together.

I agree, that would be a much better use.

QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 26 2010, 02:51 PM) *

I think it captures the spirit of boxing. It shows the sacrifice, dedication, and even desperation involved in boxing. A homeless guy saving ever penny and selling his only possession[the necklace] just for a chance to make money? It very much embodies those things.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That's such an awesome video. That video goes beyond boxing. It's about giving everything you have in life towards a goal you really want. I feel that especially right now. The music is pretty sweet too.
Snoop
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 26 2010, 11:05 PM) *
I think it captures the spirit of boxing. It shows the sacrifice, dedication, and even desperation involved in boxing. A homeless guy saving ever penny and selling his only possession[the necklace] just for a chance to make money? It very much embodies those things.

That's such an awesome video. That video goes beyond boxing. It's about giving everything you have in life towards a goal you really want. I feel that especially right now. The music is pretty sweet too.

Awesome comments. Agree 100%
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.