Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxers Mayweather has ducked
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 30 2010, 06:20 PM) *
Yeah except win a Olympic Gold medal which is something Floyd FAILED to do. See when you win a gold medal in boxing & are American & the only one to do so that Olympics that instantly makes you marketable to the American boxing public. Combine that with "good looks" & a humble attitude & you are onto a winner.

Because he was a Olympic Gold medallist & by the time he was getting the really big paydays he had proven to be a active fighter who fought the best competition available.

Yes but he did fight the elite & that is the major difference between the two.

Short memory you have my man if you watched the olympics. Floyd didn't fail to win the Gold Medal, The Gold medal failed to be given to the right party. Or are you gonna tell me that decision was justified? Roy Jones in 88 too huh?
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 30 2010, 08:02 PM) *
I didn't know Floyd made matchups. i thought that's what Heymon and Ellerbe wer for or Arum back in the day. But no Floyd's a matchmaker?

Seems the only search goin on is a knowledgeable boxing conversation with someone who was actually there or at least watched to the fights. I don't think that's you my man!
JD
I don't know of any fighter that was accused of dodging Chop Chop Corley ever...moreover, I don't know of any fight involving DeMarcus Corley that was in public demand.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 11:06 AM) *
Short memory you have my man if you watched the Olympics. Floyd didn't fail to win the Gold Medal, The Gold medal failed to be given to the right party. Or are you gonna tell me that decision was justified? Roy Jones in 88 too huh?

No I am saying the he failed to win the gold medal which is clearly documented. Roy Jones also failed to win the gold medal in 88. So how did he not fail? I am confused as if he did not fail then he would have the gold medal.

As per Merriam-Webster dictionary (I have only included the information pertinent to the subject of failing)

Definition of FAIL

intransitive verb

2a : to fall short <failed in his duty> b : to be or become absent or inadequate <the water supply failed> c : to be unsuccessful <the marriage failed>; specifically : to be unsuccessful in achieving a passing grade <took the exam and failed>

In short you like Floyd fail. Unlike Floyd you have displayed failure multiple times in this thread alone. You win the fail of the day prize so have a cookie & congratulate yourself on a job well done.

QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 11:02 AM) *
I didn't know Floyd made matchups. i thought that's what Heymon and Ellerbe wer for or Arum back in the day. But no Floyd's a matchmaker?

They are employed by Floyd & therefore representatives of Floyd directly. Floyd is the one who has failed (my word of the day) to ensure that quality matchups were made by his refusal to participate or his proxy Ellerbe acting on his behalf. Under Arum Floyd actually had many quality fights so it is once he "did it for himself" that his quality of opponent plummeted.
gravytrain
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Sep 30 2010, 09:06 PM) *
Short memory you have my man if you watched the olympics. Floyd didn't fail to win the Gold Medal, The Gold medal failed to be given to the right party. Or are you gonna tell me that decision was justified? Roy Jones in 88 too huh?

How you figure? That wasn't the gold medal match.
JD
Floyd lost in the Silver medal round, the guy who beat him was named Todorov...Floyd did get jobbed. Todorov went on to lose his next fight and get the silver, Floyd won his next fight and earned the bronze.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 1 2010, 11:39 AM) *
Floyd lost in the Silver medal round, the guy who beat him was named Todorov...Floyd did get jobbed. Todorov went on to lose his next fight and get the silver, Floyd won his next fight and earned the bronze.

Your point JD*? That just establishes that Floyd FAILED to win Gold. He won Bronze. Like a turd no matter how much you polish it it will never be gold.

* Edit I called JD Fitz.
JD
Neither of my posts in this thread really had a point...they were just for the purposes of clarification.

1 - No one has ever been accused of ducking Chop Chop Corley, and the public has never demanded a fight that involves him.
2 - Floyd lost in the round before the gold medal round, but was jobbed.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 30 2010, 09:39 PM) *

I know, there's just a vast difference between what happened with RJJ and Mayweather. RJJ made it to that gold medal match and got robbed, saying Mayweather got robbed of a gold medal is just speculating he'd of beat the gold medalist.
JD
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 30 2010, 09:55 PM) *
I know, there's just a vast difference between what happened with RJJ and Mayweather. RJJ made it to that gold medal match and got robbed, saying Mayweather got robbed of a gold medal is just speculating he'd of beat the gold medalist.

I agree.

I was just offering clarity since there didn't seem to be much of it as it related to the topic. I hadn't read your post "How you figure? That wasn't the gold medal match." when I added mine, you were clearly saying the same thing.
Fitz
This thread is hilarious. Demarcus Corley was a highly feared fighter and N'Dou, and a fight people felt Floyd was avoiding. Hahaha. Floyd fans by far give people the biggest laughs at times, even if they aren't trying. Got to give them some credit.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 30 2010, 09:58 PM) *
I agree.

I was just offering clarity since there didn't seem to be much of it as it related to the topic. I hadn't read your post "How you figure? That wasn't the gold medal match." when I added mine, you were clearly saying the same thing.

Oh, my mistake.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 30 2010, 10:16 PM) *
This thread is hilarious. Demarcus Corley was a highly feared fighter and N'Dou, and a fight people felt Floyd was avoiding. Hahaha. Floyd fans by far give people the biggest laughs at times, even if they aren't trying. Got to give them some credit.

I don't understand how he's diehard fans when he's not fan friendly inside or outside of the ring. His only real comment on not fighting the rest of the year has pretty much been "I don't feel like fighting right now, when I feel like fighting I'll let you pay $60 for the PPV.".
neophyte7
Honestly on several sites there more than a few people were saying Ndou was a threat. He was nearly 6 feet and 20 plus consecutive stoppages. mayweather's chin has been questioned for almost 20 years (still is) and people were saying Ndou was going to crack it and when Mayweather blew him away everyone berated Ndou and the win... saying Floyd fights bums
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 1 2010, 12:41 PM) *
Honestly on several sites there more than a few people were saying Ndou was a threat. He was nearly 6 feet and 20 plus consecutive stoppages. mayweather's chin has been questioned for almost 20 years (still is) and people were saying Ndou was going to crack it and when Mayweather blew him away everyone berated Ndou and the win... saying Floyd fights bums

Ndou was a decent contender & was a good quality fight to have been made. Ndou was no bum but most people expected FMJ to win.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 30 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Oh, my mistake.

I don't understand how he's diehard fans when he's not fan friendly inside or outside of the ring. His only real comment on not fighting the rest of the year has pretty much been "I don't feel like fighting right now, when I feel like fighting I'll let you pay $60 for the PPV.".

I think you hatas all live in denial. All of a sudden the shit that you detractors were saying a few years back comes back to haunt you and you see how assinine you really sound. You won't even fess up to the fact that Corley and Ndou were given a shot to beat this dude. Now you're saying shit like, "nobody ever thought Corley or Ndou was a threat"? haha. How old are you dawg? 14 years old? Yeah now you know how crazy that BS sounded then. So crazy that the hatas don't wanna fess up to it now! Think about it Pactard. You're sayin gthe same shit about Damaged goods Cotto, stand in front of you all night Margacheato and Anybody can hit me Pacroid? 2 years from now you'll see once again how fuckin ridiculous you sound and you'll deny it again. He'll be running from James Kirkland by the time he does away with your Pacscrub.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 30 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Neither of my posts in this thread really had a point...they were just for the purposes of clarification.

1 - No one has ever been accused of ducking Chop Chop Corley, and the public has never demanded a fight that involves him.
2 - Floyd lost in the round before the gold medal round, but was jobbed.

To say nobody ever been accused of ducking Corley not onlyis false but a lie. Talk to Steve Kim! I wasn't refering to the a medal round but the way in which he lost in International competition. There' been dam near a moratorium on american fighters since 1988. So whether it's a gold or silver medal round his highly insignificant. I was refering to the behavior of the judges and the Olympic governing bodies involved.
JD
OK...Corley is beast that fighters fear and top fighters are accused of ducking.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 1 2010, 10:55 AM) *
OK...Corley is beast that fighters fear and top fighters are accused of ducking.

No he's not now! He was better than. But never a threat and that's my whole point.Matter of fact, you could easily argue that along with Emmanuel Augustus, Chop Chop gave Floydie the hardest shots he has ever taken.But that aside what I'm showing you is not that Corley at all was a threat but scrubs like yourself ALL OVER MEDIA WAS PROFESSING THIS! AND NOW, YOU DENY IT! THIS IS HOW I KNOW YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY!
JD
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 12:26 PM) *
No he's not now! He was better than. But never a threat and that's my whole point.Matter of fact, you could easily argue that along with Emmanuel Augustus, Chop Chop gave Floydie the hardest shots he has ever taken.But that aside what I'm showing you is not that Corley at all was a threat but scrubs like yourself ALL OVER MEDIA WAS PROFESSING THIS! AND NOW, YOU DENY IT! THIS IS HOW I KNOW YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY!

LOL...why are you so emotional?

No one demanded Floyd fight DeMarcus Corley...no one. All over media was professing that Chop Chop was some sort of big threat? Is that what you are trying to say? If so...yeah, OK.

If you gave Corley a chance to win or were all sorts of excited for the fight, well, kudos to you. But the level of emotion you reach because I am not giddy over the fact that Floyd Mayweather fought and beat DeMarcus Corley is hilarious. It was a suitable first fight at 140...that's all.

As an aside, do you seriously refer to him as "Floydie"? That's awesome.
lloyd mayflower
The "Marz" virus rears its ugly head again.... Amazing how many forms it can manifest itself in
leonthegay
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Sep 30 2010, 02:03 AM) *
Are you talking about the same floyd that beat the hell out of his kids mother, kicked her while she lay on the floor while the kids watched in terror, then threatened to beat the hell out of them if they went for help? The same floyd that chased after then when they ran to the guard gate for help? Are we talking about the same guy here, that wants to make sure his family is "taken care of"?

Yep, the same Floyd who claimed to have 300 million liquid but yet cant afford his Maybach payment and got it repossesed, got evicted from the office building Mayweather Promotions was renting, had to get an advance from Golden Boy to save his mansion, had to come back out of "retirement" to pay the IRS. See a pattern here?
gravytrain
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 11:15 AM) *
I think you hatas all live in denial. All of a sudden the shit that you detractors were saying a few years back comes back to haunt you and you see how assinine you really sound. You won't even fess up to the fact that Corley and Ndou were given a shot to beat this dude. Now you're saying shit like, "nobody ever thought Corley or Ndou was a threat"? haha. How old are you dawg? 14 years old? Yeah now you know how crazy that BS sounded then. So crazy that the hatas don't wanna fess up to it now! Think about it Pactard. You're sayin gthe same shit about Damaged goods Cotto, stand in front of you all night Margacheato and Anybody can hit me Pacroid? 2 years from now you'll see once again how fuckin ridiculous you sound and you'll deny it again. He'll be running from James Kirkland by the time he does away with your Pacscrub.

I think Mayweather doesn't even need to wear a cup with you riding his dick so hard. How did that low blow from Judah feel? I'm sure Money thanked you for absorbing that blow.

I think what you don't understand is every opponent gains attention before a fight, it's part of promoting a fight. Look at Pacquiao/Clottey, that shit was a joke. You know what though? They're not going to say "Cowboys Stadium... Come watch Pacquiao beat up the human punching bag." they're going to say "Clottey is a big strong welterweight that can hurt Pacquiao".
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 04:15 PM) *

Didnt notice this post earlier on, which makes this whole situation a little clearer. Your either a troll, or an idiot.

lets nail this cos im sure im not the only one thats been wondering this through numerous rants of numerous posters. Here goes..

WHY WHY WHY do all Mayweather fans feel its so important for EVERYONE to like him? Why do you get so vitriolic with anyone who disagrees? Why is no one else allowed an opinion unless it agrees with you? Why is anyone who doesnt agree with you suddenly a "pactard"?

Please, be the first Floyd nuthugger to give me a straight answer to the above. Thats me calling you out mate, dont let me down.

p.s il answer the last one for you. You call everyone pactard through jealousy, jealousy of the status pacman gained whilst keepin active as Mayweather sat back showin us all how many benjamins he has, jealousy of the fact that pac can stay dignified in the face of Mayweathers allegations, whether they are true or false, jealousy of the fact that despite that fact that Floyd started that flame war and thought he was really smart and clever, he actually brought a knife to a gun fight as Bob Arum has publicly bitch slapped him around the place, and lastly, jealous of actual pactards, because the fighter whose knob they enjoy to gobble actually gives them something to get excited about.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 1 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Didnt notice this post earlier on, which makes this whole situation a little clearer. Your either a troll, or an idiot.

lets nail this cos im sure im not the only one thats been wondering this through numerous rants of numerous posters. Here goes..

WHY WHY WHY do all Mayweather fans feel its so important for EVERYONE to like him? Why do you get so vitriolic with anyone who disagrees? Why is no one else allowed an opinion unless it agrees with you? Why is anyone who doesnt agree with you suddenly a "pactard"?

Please, be the first Floyd nuthugger to give me a straight answer to the above. Thats me calling you out mate, dont let me down.

p.s il answer the last one for you. You call everyone pactard through jealousy, jealousy of the status pacman gained whilst keepin active as Mayweather sat back showin us all how many benjamins he has, jealousy of the fact that pac can stay dignified in the face of Mayweathers allegations, whether they are true or false, jealousy of the fact that despite that fact that Floyd started that flame war and thought he was really smart and clever, he actually brought a knife to a gun fight as Bob Arum has publicly bitch slapped him around the place, and lastly, jealous of actual pactards, because the fighter whose knob they enjoy to gobble actually gives them something to get excited about.

It's not jealousy at all. Pactards are no reflection on Manny. Just a whole lotta of stupid ass people with no sense of cultural or social empowerment or endowment for any matter. As overall sports fans they don't know shitelse!
lloyd mayflower
So in answer to my questions........
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 05:17 PM) *
It's not jealousy at all. Pactards are no reflection on Manny. Just a whole lotta of stupid ass people with no sense of cultural or social empowerment or endowment for any matter. As overall sports fans they don't know shitelse!

And please please please don't be insinuatiing that it is Floyd that shows us this 'empowerment' unless you are referring to his empowerment to act like a cock.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegay @ Oct 2 2010, 02:59 AM) *
Yep, the same Floyd who claimed to have 300 million liquid but yet cant afford his Maybach payment and got it repossesed, got evicted from the office building Mayweather Promotions was renting, had to get an advance from Golden Boy to save his mansion, had to come back out of "retirement" to pay the IRS. See a pattern here?

Well the fact that he bought a Maybach over a Rolls shows how low class he is & just how little taste he has.

gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 1 2010, 11:32 PM) *
Well the fact that he bought a Maybach over a Rolls shows how low class he is & just how little taste he has.

I think that's exactly why he bought it, he probably has a personalized license plate that says something like "MoneyMay" too.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 1 2010, 08:17 PM) *

Lmao oh so now he is gonna try to use race as reason for being ignorant

I know he didnt mention race, but it sure sounded like jesse jackson double speak. Answering a question without answering it. LMAO
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 2 2010, 06:20 PM) *
Lmao oh so now he is gonna try to use race as reason for being ignorant

I know he didnt mention race, but it sure sounded like jesse jackson double speak. Answering a question without answering it. LMAO

I fully didnt expect him to answer any of my questions. Its the same with every Mayweather fan. Floyd fans are like when you were at school, people who had no friends decided they would be "individuals" and dressed up as goths and then got all confrontational with everyone for no reason. They come right in on the offensive offering "facts" instead of actual informed opinion at all times cos deep down they know we're all right, Floyd is a cunt who is currently dismantling his own potential legacy and dumping on his fans. They cant see it comng tho cos they're keeping there peepers warm courtesy of a dutch blindfold from the man himself.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with the term, dutch blindfold

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...tch%20Blindfold
neophyte7
These forums always revert to oral sex inuendo.. straight homos... talk boxing you faggots...

Demarcus Corley was a former champion who fought Zab Judah to a split decision... He also almost knocked Cottos brains out of his head. Solid fighter. Why he is in the Mayweather ducked thread I am unsure. Regarding floyd fighting him... I beleive this was Floyd's first fight at 140 up from lighweight. For a first fight at a higher weight this was a good bout for Mayweather in fighting a former champion
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 2 2010, 08:50 PM) *
These forums always revert to oral sex inuendo.. straight homos... talk boxing you faggots...

Demarcus Corley was a former champion who fought Zab Judah to a split decision... He also almost knocked Cottos brains out of his head. Solid fighter. Why he is in the Mayweather ducked thread I am unsure. Regarding floyd fighting him... I beleive this was Floyd's first fight at 140 up from lighweight. For a first fight at a higher weight this was a good bout for Mayweather in fighting a former champion

How do we know sweetscientist isnt a female? (S)he certainly behaves like one. Regarding the innuendo, well lets face it, we all know innuendo is funny. Thing is you generally find the level of the people you are talking boxing with. Sweetscientist deserves that sort of response for the way (s)he came barreling in abusing everyone who had a different or negative opinion of Floyd, and lets face it, thats a lot of us.

For a first fight at 140, yeah chop chops a credible one. Not exactly GOAT stuff tho is it? And look at his subsequent fights at 140. Not the best either are they?
Fitz
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 3 2010, 06:50 AM) *

Post some pics of your cock dawg.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 1 2010, 10:32 PM) *

not that im counting his cars stev but lil floyd actually owns 2 rolls to go with that maybach last i saw on 24/7...
AussieLad
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 30 2010, 04:37 AM) *
Honestly, I think most of Floyd's recent career rests on which opponent was the tougher challenge at the time: Judah or Margarito. After that, when you dissect the timeline (Hype did a good job of that), you can actually make a reasonable argument for why he chose his opponents post-Judah. So I guess his career is kind of debatable, but my biggest gripe is the constant inactivity. I don't understand why he keeps taking 1-2yr layoffs, then shouting from the sidelines how he's still the best. It just gets kind of annoying after a while.

And the award for understatement of the year goes to....
Mean Mister Mustard
This sweetscientist guy fits all the usual patterns of being a Mayweather hugger.

-Will defend PBF to the bitter end.

- Fabricates facts to further his baseless argument "People were saying PBF was avoiding Corley".

- Anyone who criticizes Mayweather is a "hata" or a Pacquiao fan.

- When all else fails, brings up non-sequiturs about social empowerment and cultural awareness.
Fitz
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 3 2010, 10:49 AM) *
This sweetscientist guy fits all the usual patterns of being a Mayweather hugger.

- Fabricates facts to further his baseless argument "People were saying PBF was avoiding Corley".

- When all else fails, brings up non-sequiturs about social empowerment and cultural awareness.

lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 2 2010, 07:49 PM) *

They're some unique people for sure. I've had a Mayweater superfan get into about an hour long debate about Mayweather because I said "Mayweather didn't really get sharp criticism until moving up to welterweight." when they said "Mayweather never gets credit".

AussieLad
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 3 2010, 12:06 AM) *
Post some pics of your cock dawg.

hahahaha... funny shit.

Look, being fair, i dimly recall there being talk of floyd not wanting to fight vivian harris, as stupid as that sounds now. Harris got exposed badly to a dude who looked like he had emerged after several generations of inbreeding. That sort of shit really puts things into perspective, obviously, but prior to that at least on the aussie forums Harris was considered very dangerous. I don't recall any talk of corley or ndou being avoided
stateofthegame
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Oct 3 2010, 05:30 AM) *
Look, being fair, i dimly recall there being talk of floyd not wanting to fight vivian harris, as stupid as that sounds now. Harris got exposed badly to a dude who looked like he had emerged after several generations of inbreeding. That sort of shit really puts things into perspective, obviously, but prior to that at least on the aussie forums Harris was considered very dangerous. I don't recall any talk of corley or ndou being avoided

Harris will always be remembered as the guy that lost to The Lord of The Rings character Gollum.
D-MARV
The only fighter Mayweather appears to have ducked is Pacquiao.

I've been through the Margarito argument a million times. Arum had EVERYTHING to do with that fight not happening.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Oct 3 2010, 09:21 AM) *
The only fighter Mayweather appears to have ducked is Pacquiao.

I've been through the Margarito argument a million times. Arum had EVERYTHING to do with that fight not happening.

has floyd in the true sense of the word, "DUCKED" Pac?... im not sold on that...
lloyd mayflower
Oh JLUV, so pedantic!!! How does, "In the process of ducking" grab you? I take it the only thing that bothered you was Dmarvs use of past instead of present tense?

In all seriousness, its not worth another thread, but the more I think about it, if I was a Floyd fan (ie I called him Floydie like sweetscientist), I think id be starting to worry about the man. Does anyone else think hes starting to show signs of losing it a little? This marriage which appears to have come out of nowhere, the whole Pac situation, those videos he does on that website, i forget the name where he rambles on like a fuckin doped up idiot. The complete uncertainty about his career. I think the man is unravelling in front of us
gravytrain
It's hard to say Mayweather ducked TR fighters after the split. Realistically he would have only been fighting the winner of Cotto/Margarito. I think it's even harder to say he's ducking Pacquiao until Mayweather announces his plans for the future though, there's only been one legitimate attempt at making the fight.

Let's be realistic here; no promoter is ever going to expect a fighter to sign up for a fight when there's uncertainty in whether or not his trainer will be incarcerated or not. It's not Pacquiao/Clottey we're talking about, this is potentially the biggest fight to happen since DLH/Mayweather. Even Greg Leon could understand that shit and the dude has a bowl cut.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 3 2010, 09:54 AM) *
Oh JLUV, so pedantic!!! How does, "In the process of ducking" grab you? I take it the only thing that bothered you was Dmarvs use of past instead of present tense?

In all seriousness, its not worth another thread, but the more I think about it, if I was a Floyd fan (ie I called him Floydie like sweetscientist), I think id be starting to worry about the man. Does anyone else think hes starting to show signs of losing it a little? This marriage which appears to have come out of nowhere, the whole Pac situation, those videos he does on that website, i forget the name where he rambles on like a fuckin doped up idiot. The complete uncertainty about his career. I think the man is unravelling in front of us

oh i agree... i think he's unraveling in the same sense ike ibeabuchi unraveled wanting to be addressed as "mr president"... etc... but that didnt make him any less of a fighter, i think had he no gotten locked up history will have been different in the heavyweight division for the time.... as far as im concerned lil floyd can go all the way batty as long as when he steps in the ring he continues his dominance... we may or may not be witnessing something special in the dude... its hard to say right now, but i dont think manny pac is the guy that answers that question... i think thats an easy fight for lil floyd and mayweather knows this... mayweathers true greatness test will come when he's up against a fighter physically bigger than him and he's forced to change every aspect of his game and style in the ring to walk out of there a winner... much like the night leonard fought hearns the first time... fights like that mark the true greatness of a fighter...
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 3 2010, 05:13 PM) *
I don't think that PBF has ducked anyone. I have some qualms about his decisions, but I respect the fact that he has taken control of his own career. In fact, I absolutely think that Arum is responsible for QuackMeow's duck and run tactics last winter.

Unlike the vast majority of boxers over the sport's history, PBF will likely have only himself to blame if his story ends tragically and/or his legacy resembles swiss cheese.

There it is, the keystone around which all the animosity towards Floyd and his legacy is built, his legacy is in question among fans all over the world as a very hot topic. He is in his prime, and there are fights out there for him to nail the doubters in. Take them, or shut the fuck up.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 3 2010, 12:01 PM) *
There it is, the keystone around which all the animosity towards Floyd and his legacy is built, his legacy is in question among fans all over the world as a very hot topic. He is in his prime, and there are fights out there for him to nail the doubters in. Take them, or shut the fuck up.

thing is lil floyd doesnt care about his legacy... if he doesnt care then nothing else will matter... he's not gonna fight the p wills or martinez's... or the up and coming canelos or kirklands or angulos... maybe martinez... but i just dont see his mind working that way... it hasnt since he fought hoya... he will take the biggest money fights that are avaliable to him and seriously i dont see him fighting but maybe 2 or 3 more times if that... he'll make the pac fight next year and maybe fight once more in 2012 and i think it'll be his last fight if he even fights again after the pac fight... just my prediction on the guy.. that dude i think is inching more and more out of the sport every day....
lloyd mayflower
Yeah I think your right JLUV, IF his life hasnt descended into farce by then. Thing is tho, his superfans DO care about his legacy. Thats what gets me annoyed and thats why I chimed in in the first place. Floyd doesnt care any more about those who love him than he does about me who despises him. Nor does he care about boxing or its wellbeing after he checks out.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 3 2010, 12:18 PM) *
Yeah I think your right JLUV, IF his life hasnt descended into farce by then. Thing is tho, his superfans DO care about his legacy. Thats what gets me annoyed and thats why I chimed in in the first place. Floyd doesnt care any more about those who love him than he does about me who despises him. Nor does he care about boxing or its wellbeing after he checks out.

his super fans are no worse then the pacfans that are dillusional to reality... honestly they have both done good and damage to the sport in their own way.... boxing as a whole will be better when they are both gone IF by chance they dont fight each other... in my opinion.. but to get back on subject no lil floyd doesnt care bout his legacy and he doesnt care about his fans at the end of the day... in retrospect whats sad is a guy like suger shane mosely who deos care about his legacy and his fans and making the fights that matter just wasnt as good as a guy like that... its a shame cuzz he deserves the accolades at the end of the day a lot more than a fighter that, and im admittingly a fan of, has what seems to be zero care for his legacy in the sport... and what makes it worse is he could beat most if not all put in front of him... it is what it is... honestly the best thing that could happen right now in my opinion is margarito beats pac which kills the superfight and these young guns that deserve the light get their chance to shine on the world stage... and just maybe it will save us on some pay per view money for a while... lol...
gravytrain
Every athlete cares about their legacy to some degree, otherwise they wouldn't be an elite athlete. I think Mayweather uses "I don't care about my legacy, I care about money" as a way to waive off criticism for opponents he's been receiving over the years. And let's be honest, people that care about money don't consider gambling an investment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.