Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jose Aldo Vs Manny Gamburyan
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
kidbazooka1
Don't know how many here follow WEC but tomorows fight between Jose Aldo and Manny Gamburyan should be a good one. I like most expect Aldo to win big but Manny can hit is probably the stronger fighter of the two.

Im a big fan of Aldo he's been on a brutal streak the guy seems to be one of the the most well rounded MMA fighters out there today.

Thoughts?
Warlord
Manny is a fucking tank, but he is prone to injury and has shown holes in his stand-up game. Jose Aldo is on another level right now, and though he is a young fighter, is also one of the most complete. He is the best featherweight in the world right now, and it probably won't be long until we see him fighting in the UFC at lightweight, where I think he will also be a beast.

It certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility for Gamburyan to pull it off, but it isn't within the realm of probability either.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 30 2010, 12:14 AM) *
Manny is a fucking tank, but he is prone to injury and has shown holes in his stand-up game. Jose Aldo is on another level right now, and though he is a young fighter, is also one of the most complete. He is the best featherweight in the world right now, and it probably won't be long until we see him fighting in the UFC at lightweight, where I think he will also be a beast.

It certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility for Gamburyan to pull it off, but it isn't within the realm of probability either.

Manny showed real good power in stopping Brown he's a heavy handed fighter and im sure if he catches anyone clean he can hurt them but Aldo's skill set is just crazy. I see Jose feeling Manny out in the firts rd and then look to put him away in the 2nd.
BigG
never heard of either fighter but Ill check em out forsure
BigG
BigG
Box in Hand
Give me Aldo by decapitation. Aldo is on another level.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 30 2010, 02:43 PM) *

Yeah G you gotta check Aldo out this guy is a beast on his feet and is regarded as a wizard on the ground but he hasn't have to use it yet. But Manny can punch so you can't count him out completly.
Warlord
Varner versus Cerrone 2 is happening right now. Anyone seeing this? Good fight so far, early on.
Warlord
AWESOME fucking 1st round. FUCKING NICE!
Warlord
True fighters in the ring here, boys.
Warlord
Haha! Classic. Cerrone should take the UD.
Warlord
Cerrone wins it, says he'll give Varner a rematch.
Warlord
Manny spending too much time fighting outside. Aldo will punish him and then finish him off if he can't find a way to get inside more consistently.
Warlord
Sick uppercut puts Manny on the deck, and then Aldo finishes him off. Aldo TKO2.
Warlord
There isn't a featherweight in the world who even deserves to carry Jose Aldo's jockstrap. How long before we see this kid move up to 155? Would put him square in the UFC with guys like Penn, Edgar, and Gomie. All exciting fights.
kidbazooka1
Cerrone/varner was a helluva fight Cowboy improved big time since the first fight.

As for Aldo what can i say about the guy he's a f*cking beast untouchable at FW. I think he'll be just as dominant at 155lb. What i like about Aldo is his accuracy and technique the guy is a true technician in the cage. The way he studies his opponent and finds those openings and those brutal ass f*Cking kicks are just on a whole different level. I see him p4p #1 within another year or two.

Aldo vs Edgar or Penn would be huge for the lower weight classes.

How do you see Aldo vs Edgar/Penn playing out War?
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 30 2010, 11:49 PM) *
Cerrone/varner was a helluva fight Cowboy improved big time since the first fight.

As for Aldo what can i say about the guy he's a f*cking beast untouchable at FW. I think he'll be just as dominant at 155lb. What i like about Aldo is his accuracy and technique the guy is a true technician in the cage. The way he studies his opponent and finds those openings and those brutal ass f*Cking kicks are just on a whole different level. I see him p4p #1 within another year or two.

Aldo vs Edgar or Penn would be huge for the lower weight classes.

How do you see Aldo vs Edgar/Penn playing out War?

Sadly, I think Aldo takes Penn at this point. Aldo is too fast and too mobile. BJ just wants to stand and bang nowadays. Penn's last fight against Edgar reminded me horribly of the UFC version of Rampage Jackson. A guy who just lumbers around the ring hoping to engage in a stand-up battle. Aldo probably decisions today's BJ Penn.

I think Aldo stops Edgar late. He'll take Edgar's legs away with those nasty ass kicks of his, and then Frankie will be forced to trade with Aldo or go to the ground with him. Either result would see him getting finished, maybe by 3, definitely by 4.
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 30 2010, 11:41 PM) *
Aldo is P4P right fucking now.

Co-sign.

I had Aldo ranked as the #5 P4P fighter in the world the last time somebody asked for the list. But I think an argument can be made to put him at #4 or even #3. If he goes up to 155 and takes Edgar, Penn, or Gomi, he will definitely be on that list of elite fighters. (Which, as I've said before, I think he is perfectly capable of doing.)

My list as of today:

1.) GSP
2.) Anderson Silva
3.) Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
4.) Jose Aldo
5.) Fedor Emelianenko
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 1 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Sadly, I think Aldo takes Penn at this point. Aldo is too fast and too mobile. BJ just wants to stand and bang nowadays. Penn's last fight against Edgar reminded me horribly of the UFC version of Rampage Jackson. A guy who just lumbers around the ring hoping to engage in a stand-up battle. Aldo probably decisions today's BJ Penn.

I think Aldo stops Edgar late. He'll take Edgar's legs away with those nasty ass kicks of his, and then Frankie will be forced to trade with Aldo or go to the ground with him. Either result would see him getting finished, maybe by 3, definitely by 4.

Style wise I see Penn giving Aldo a tougher fight than Edgar. Don't know what it is i've just never been impressed by Edgar. Aldo is till young at 24 as long as he doesn't let sh*t get to his head i see him reigning for a very long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.