Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: james kirkland
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
James Kirkland was released this morning.... what do you guys think is next?... i feel he should have a few tune ups get his rhythm back then jump right back into the big fights.... id love to see him fight angulo or a vanes in maybe 2 or 3 fights or maybe even get a title shot.... in my opinion he brings lots of action to the division..
neophyte7
What's next... judging the rate of recidivism amongst black males... his ass will be back in jail... that is what is more than likely next for Kirkland
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 30 2010, 03:26 PM) *
What's next... judging the rate of recidivism amongst black males... his ass will be back in jail... that is what is more than likely next for Kirkland

so basically since he's a black male he has a higher rate of being rearrested since he's a black male then if he was a white male is what you're saying?
STEVENSKI
I would suggest some form of felony & a further stint of education in the bluestone college.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 30 2010, 06:35 PM) *
so basically since he's a black male he has a higher rate of being rearrested since he's a black male then if he was a white male is what you're saying?

If you look at our crime newspaper section daily, it is probably 80%+ a certain race(won't say which one). Just saying.
Romulus9
No idea what's next for Kirkland, although I'd enjoy it if a video surfaced of Ann Wolfe just beating his ass senseless in the gym.
neophyte7
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 30 2010, 06:35 PM) *

Actually I was being sarcastic, there is no racism in stating that the high% of black males reenter prison ( recidivism) like revolving doors, and based upon these statistics (50% of all felony offenders go to back within three years) point to a great probability that he goes back to prison.Being black and growing up Black in America I am making a statement of what I see. I don't wish that on Kirkland ... just was being funny in a real sense

before he went to prison people were considering killer in the ring. Lets see if prison has tarnished him at all???
Fitz
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 1 2010, 08:35 AM) *

I don't know, I know you are black and not sure if you agree. But statistics show that black people have higher rates of crimes. To me I have never thought that is the case because they are 'black', I thought that has always been the case because of social and culture reasons.
They grow up in poor areas, and growing up in poor and bad areas, you are more likely to commit crimes, though like I said, I never felt that it's in black peoples genes, I just felt that there are more black people that grow up in bad situations, and growing up around bad places play a major influence on how people grow up.
Yes, statistically they offend more, but I don't think it has anything to do with them being black, it more has to do with black people growing up in worse off areas, and it's a vicious cycle when you don't have the right people around you when growing up.
Not sure if you see what I am saying, but I think they commit more crimes because of social up brining, not because it's in their genes or anything. You throw in just as many white kids and let them grow up the same way they grow up, they probably have the same chance of committing crimes.
Fitz
STEVENSKI
Being a Collingwood supporter Fitz you must be a criminal by nature.......
Snoop
I don't think the risk of recidivism is that high for Kirkland. I mean he was arrested for possession of a firearm correct? Most times convicts reoffend because it is difficult to acquire gainful employment after being locked up, but Kirkland has a job, a potentially lucrative one at that. If he did land himself back in prison, I'd attribute it more to personal reasons rather than social ones.
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 1 2010, 01:33 PM) *
Being a Collingwood supporter Fitz you must be a criminal by nature.......

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I like Kirkland and his warrior spirit and I hope he does something with his life. And whilst I also admire Ann Wolfe's old school training techniques such as making James run up hills with old cars strapped to his back, I can't help but think that the first fighter he meets that gives him some decent movement and throws straight punches is gonna knock his ass out.

BTW I also agree Fitz, I thnk crime is more a socio-economic problem than a genetic one, and whilst Beardo is right in pointing out the complexities that lie behind it I think you have the crux of the problem dead right.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Sep 30 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Actually I was being sarcastic, there is no racism in stating that the high% of black males reenter prison ( recidivism) like revolving doors, and based upon these statistics (50% of all felony offenders go to back within three years) point to a great probability that he goes back to prison.Being black and growing up Black in America I am making a statement of what I see. I don't wish that on Kirkland ... just was being funny in a real sense

before he went to prison people were considering killer in the ring. Lets see if prison has tarnished him at all???

no offense was taken just was wondering your views on that... i have an opinion on the subject but this isnt the forum for it... lol... as far as him being tarnished skill wise the time off COULD possibly hurt him but i think he is young enough that he will be back maybe a little rusty... hopefully he can knock that rust off in the gym.... i havent seen pictures but i read on another site he came out a little fat looking and it didnt settle well on his body it looks a little sloppy... not sure the truth to that statement... would be nice if someone could find a post a pic of his post prison shape.. i sure would like to see him at 154 which is quickly becoming a red hot division.... a bunch of names are settling in there...
King Eugene
In about two years or so 154 will be one of the three hottest divisions. I still want to see Kirkland vs. P. Will.

Cotto, Kirkland, Angulo, P.Will, Martinez(if he decides to come back down), Margarito, K9, Cintron, and quite a few other guys thats going to make this division very interesting.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 1 2010, 07:30 AM) *
In about two years or so 154 will be one of the three hottest divisions. I still want to see Kirkland vs. P. Will.

Cotto, Kirkland, Angulo, P.Will, Martinez(if he decides to come back down), Margarito, K9, Cintron, and quite a few other guys thats going to make this division very interesting.

In 2 years I'm not sure if Kirkland will be in the mix but I fully expect Alvarez to be.
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 30 2010, 11:29 PM) *
It is a bit more complicated than that in America. It also has to do with the distribution of educational, economic, enforcement and judicial resources.

The fact that 70% of all black children in America are born out of wedlock also has something to do with this.
JLUVBABY
you guys are tripping me out with some of this stuff you're posting... me being a black male obviously grew up in a differnet black america than what you guys are seeing on t.v or the pie charts you are getting your info off of... 70% of blacks are not born out of wedlock, that is not fact, least not in my reality... lol... you guys are sumthin else...
JLUVBABY
and to keep this on subject... the fact is james kirkland was put in the penn for a gun posession he had just bought at a gun show if my recollection is correct... should he have had it?... no.... but im sure also he wont be going back to the penn on such a charge or for anything else again...
TheFonz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 1 2010, 07:51 AM) *
In 2 years I'm not sure if Kirkland will be in the mix but I fully expect Alvarez to be.

I think this would be a great fight in one year.
neophyte7
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 1 2010, 09:01 AM) *
you guys are tripping me out with some of this stuff you're posting... me being a black male obviously grew up in a differnet black america than what you guys are seeing on t.v or the pie charts you are getting your info off of... 70% of blacks are not born out of wedlock, that is not fact, least not in my reality... lol... you guys are sumthin else...

I don't know what world you came from or are from but I and from Detroit and live in Harlem. I am a scholar and doctoral candidate... 70% of children being born out of wedlock sounds about right. Many not all, Boxers come from some of the most dysfunctional family realities... I am not sure of Kirkland's background but he is going to have to work hard to shake the prison stint... Usually dudes I know go in an atleast are hard from working out. To hear that Kirkland looks fat and soft tells me he sat on his ass... we will see
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 1 2010, 07:07 AM) *
The fact that 70% of all black children in America are born out of wedlock also has something to do with this.

and with a name like salvador i take you are of latino heritage or of latin american descent.. your off base comment is like me making a statement about your people jumping our borders or why they do it... id be wrong and totally out of line because fact is i dont know why they come here except for maybe looking for a better life.... but i could get into all the other stuff like how they raise OUR taxes.. make OUR crime rate go up... etc... fact is there are fucked up people from every race no matter how they are born into this world.. just like a person can be born into this world into a fucked up environment and grow up to make a difference... yall boys need to raise ya level of thinking... some of the stuff ive read today is the reason people get left behind or die alone and unhappy...
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 1 2010, 08:01 AM) *

I'm not trying to be offensive and hope that you don't take it wrong, but 70% of blacks in America ARE born out of wedlock. It sucks, but it's true. The only reason I brought it up was because of the poster who said it was basically the government's fault with the inequality of resources and opportunities in America - which is, no doubt, a big part of it. But it's not the whole story. The whole story is obviously much much longer.

http://blackamericans.com/blogs/news/archi...of-wedlock.aspx

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4865449

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 1 2010, 09:24 AM) *
And how do you suppose that happened, salvador?

Might it have had something to do with the distribution of economic resources resulting in a far poorer educational system, higher unemployment, less opportunity, more dependence on a poorly devised entitlement system, higher crime rates, more enforcement and thereby higher incarceration rates?

You think that might have something to do with the "70% of all black children in America are born out of wedlock" tired statistic utilized by so many to point fingers and deride a whole race?

JLUV is only partially correct in saying that this is not the thread for this discussion. Every single time ignorance rears its head, whether in naivete or from a faux superior perspective, it is the right time to strip it naked in public.

Racism is so deeply rooted in America that we are all infected with the spores, and the best we can hope for is to identify the warts and treat them.

And for those of you in other parts of the planet that think you are free of the disease, you best do your due diligence and check for the virus regularly- on your person, in your neighborhood, and in your state.

Racism is inherent in all of us, even if it's a joke at the expense of the Irish. However some of us , thanks to our geography, remain relatively unscathed. America as I understand (and for good reason) is heavily conflicted on such matters. There is a long long long way to go.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Oct 1 2010, 08:09 AM) *
I think this would be a great fight in one year.

Yes it would be Fonz and one that Alvarez would win in brutal knock-out fashion.
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 1 2010, 09:24 AM) *
And how do you suppose that happened, salvador?

Might it have had something to do with the distribution of economic resources resulting in a far poorer educational system, higher unemployment, less opportunity, more dependence on a poorly devised entitlement system, higher crime rates, more enforcement and thereby higher incarceration rates?

You think that might have something to do with the "70% of all black children in America are born out of wedlock" tired statistic utilized by so many to point fingers and deride a whole race?

JLUV is only partially correct in saying that this is not the thread for this discussion. Every single time ignorance rears its head, whether in naivete or from a faux superior perspective, it is the right time to strip it naked in public.

Racism is so deeply rooted in America that we are all infected with the spores, and the best we can hope for is to identify the warts and treat them.

And for those of you in other parts of the planet that think you are free of the disease, you best do your due diligence and check for the virus regularly- on your person, in your neighborhood, and in your state.

this is the wrong forum for this conversation. I made a mistake by responding to you on this.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 1 2010, 08:21 AM) *
I don't know what world you came from or are from but I and from Detroit and live in Harlem. I am a scholar and doctoral candidate... 70% of children being born out of wedlock sounds about right. Many not all, Boxers come from some of the most dysfunctional family realities... I am not sure of Kirkland's background but he is going to have to work hard to shake the prison stint... Usually dudes I know go in an atleast are hard from working out. To hear that Kirkland looks fat and soft tells me he sat on his ass... we will see

im from beaumont texas right outside of houston texas and even in the poorest of neighborhoods i can tell you from my experience 70% of black kids are not born out of wedlock... lol... and it wouldnt matter what you where rather it be a scholar or doctoral candidate to a presidential candidate where ever you pulled that number from to signify a race is total b.s... I dont care what the race is... id be interested to see what the stats are for the other races... im sure if someone has had the time to set back and count the number of children born out of wedlock in the black community they made the time to count the other races as well... lol... or was it pulled off of a klan rally website?.. lol..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 1 2010, 08:34 AM) *
I'm not trying to be offensive and hope that you don't take it wrong, but 70% of blacks in America ARE born out of wedlock. It sucks, but it's true. The only reason I brought it up was because of the poster who said it was basically the government's fault with the inequality of resources and opportunities in America - which is, no doubt, a big part of it. But it's not the whole story. The whole story is obviously much much longer.

http://blackamericans.com/blogs/news/archi...of-wedlock.aspx

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4865449

honestly i dont give merit to either of these two articles... ill be the first to say that yes kids out of wedlock is higher than it should be in the black community but its higher than what it should be amongst all the races... from what ive read it seems that blacks make up most of the ghetto thus they are more apt to have these kids out of wedlock... well where im from the ghetto is a mixing pot of blacks, mexicans asians whites and every body else under the sun.. some hoods may have more of one ethnic group than the other but it seems to me to be spread out pretty equally these days... and im not just talking bout the slum areas of beaumont im talking bout 3rd ward houston texas and the like areas...
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 1 2010, 10:46 AM) *
Racism is inherent in all of us, even if it's a joke at the expense of the Irish. However some of us , thanks to our geography, remain relatively unscathed. America as I understand (and for good reason) is heavily conflicted on such matters. There is a long long long way to go.

What happened in America went far beyond racism, it's genocide.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 1 2010, 03:18 PM) *
What happened in America went far beyond racism, it's genocide.

lets not even get into the conspiracy theory of the 60's bout how the government pumped drugs into the inner city ghettos and how it was never an issue till these same drugs hit suburbia u.s.a.... same thing with the aids epidimic from the late 70's and 80's... its all bout what you wish to believe and/or want to believe... but this country as much as i love where im from and very proud to be an american has done some fucked up things and there is propaganda spread all over the web... all i can tell any of you is to be weary of what you read and believe half of what you think you see..
JLUVBABY
for what its worth i apologize to the readers that this topic thats supposed to be about james kirkland and whats next has turned into what it has... ive stated my opinions and for what its worth im done.. people will think what they want and have the right to do so.. i wish everyone happiness and peace of mind no matter your opinion..
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 1 2010, 03:25 PM) *
for what its worth i apologize to the readers that this topic thats supposed to be about james kirkland and whats next has turned into what it has... ive stated my opinions and for what its worth im done.. people will think what they want and have the right to do so.. i wish everyone happiness and peace of mind no matter your opinion..

I'm with you and wish it had stayed about James - my fault as much as anyone's.

For what it's worth, I think Kirkland-Angulo is the kind of fight you fly to Vegas for because it flat out can't miss and because you'll be able to get floor tickets for what rafter tickets would cost at the typical HBO type of event.
BigG
I love Kirkland..hes very Tyson like even sports the same attire. He's not the most skilled or doesn't have the best defense but he comes to conquer people and their souls he'll make for some good fights.
Bropho
I think Kirkland loses when he comes back, i'm sure all you statistics guys agree. I mean, in a fight, over 80% of the time someone loses, so given that statistic and the fact that Kirkland is a fighter, he will lose, its a sure thing, nothing to do with individuals, it's all statistical.
Bropho
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Bropho @ Oct 2 2010, 06:49 AM) *
these honkies are cracking me up though, you got to give it to the them, bring on the clowns hahahahahahahaha

Kids born out of wedlock.....you american folk do have divorces over there don't you?

these guys are my friends and i dont consider them honkies or any other derogatory term regardless of their views... i do not side with this comment...
JD
I am stoked that Kirkland is back.

I hope he stays out of any sort of trouble and keeps his ass in the ring because he makes for good fights, and guys like him are few and far between these days.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 2 2010, 06:01 PM) *
I am stoked that Kirkland is back.

I hope he stays out of any sort of trouble and keeps his ass in the ring because he makes for good fights, and guys like him are few and far between these days.

im pretty sure he's gonna stay out of trouble jd.... actually his lil prison stint resulted from something he wouldnt have gotten in trouble for had he not been on probation in the first place... i think it comes down to the fact he was protecting himself from potential haters... im sure thats was the case nothing more nothing less... he shouldnt have had the gun but law enforcement needs to treat each situation on a case by case situation i believe... who ever it was that pulled him over could have let him make it in my opinion and told him to keep the piece out of his vehicle, its not like he is not a local celeb in the area... just my opinion... but at the end of the day he did break his probation so it is what it is... but i doubt he puts himself in another situation to take his career off track again...
JD
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 2 2010, 07:25 PM) *
im pretty sure he's gonna stay out of trouble jd.... actually his lil prison stint resulted from something he wouldnt have gotten in trouble for had he not been on probation in the first place... i think it comes down to the fact he was protecting himself from potential haters... im sure thats was the case nothing more nothing less... he shouldnt have had the gun but law enforcement needs to treat each situation on a case by case situation i believe... who ever it was that pulled him over could have let him make it in my opinion and told him to keep the piece out of his vehicle, its not like he is not a local celeb in the area... just my opinion... but at the end of the day he did break his probation so it is what it is... but i doubt he puts himself in another situation to take his career off track again...

No doubt...all I am saying is that being on probation, getting in trouble is a whole lot easier. Hopefully he avoids all that and has the right people around him guiding him.
JLUVBABY
just saying im sure at this point, least until his probation is over, kirkland will keep himself out of the troubles and his team will help him keep out of the troubles that can very easily be gotten into in austin texas.... there is so much to do in austin its not even funny... simple troubles like going to the very many clubs for a guy his age with a lil cash in his pocket and 1) meeting up with a drunk ass hole that wants to try him... 2) taking a cats woman and he gets mad and wants to retaliate... or even 3) just the dumbshit that comes out of nowhere maybe steppin on a shoe or what not and wants to act the fool cuzz its james kirkland... thats all real shit that could happen.. and all stuff that could get him in a situation... james needs to go to the gym, and home... thats it... if he meets a chick meet her at church or the grocery store... lol... and concentrate on his career and the multi millions of dollars thats out there to be made...
Bropho
Bropho
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 2 2010, 01:28 PM) *
these guys are my friends and i dont consider them honkies or any other derogatory term regardless of their views... i do not side with this comment...

no worries brother, i have people in my family like that too, they go and hang out with racists white people and let them sling shit at us too, some people go to great lengths to assimilate with the whites. Just remember they are not as superior to you as they like to make you feel.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Bropho @ Oct 3 2010, 01:59 AM) *
no worries brother, i have people in my family like that too, they go and hang out with racists white people and let them sling shit at us too, some people go to great lengths to assimilate with the whites. Just remember they are not as superior to you as they like to make you feel.

laugh.gif

By far the most racist comment I ever read on this board.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Bropho @ Oct 3 2010, 01:55 AM) *
i believe in facts, yes.

Don't be ignorant to facts of life, my friend has a tat on his face and i seen him get hit with a baseball bat in the face and it did nothing, thats when i came through with my tatted up arm and i punched the guy while my friend headbutted him, the guy was a mess when we finished. And thats why other people hate on us and start threads about loser tattoo trains or some shit like that.

laugh.gif

Good one troll.

lloyd mayflower
I see where he is coming from. I have a tattoo on my leg. I'm like an inverted achilles! If I get hit anywhere on my body, yes il feel it, but if you hit me on that little patch on the outside of my left leg, you better do it from a moving vehicle, cos il rip your fucking head off, then get a picture of your severed head tattooed on myself to make me even stronger
The Original MrFactor
Kirkland could easily be the next coming of Jeff Lacy. He's a guy that takes a lot of punishment while dishing out his own. When he's in the ring with a good boxer, he will get dismantled. I think, had he not gone to jail, Sergio Martinez would have been his Joe Calzaghe.
Bropho
lloyd mayflower
Yep, its a no brainer. You gather up the mental strength to get your first one, then from there on its a domino effect, where you get a new one for each victim who thought he could fuck with an inked up warrior, thus making you stronger. It is a well known fact that King Leonidas himself used a needle and indian ink to tattoo his mums name on his arse cheek when he was twelve. And look at what he did to those fucking persian dogs!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Bropho @ Oct 3 2010, 12:59 AM) *

this is my last response to your ignorance but i question if you are even actually black speaking the way you are... i think you are a prejudice shit starter... not black... trying to start shit amongst a solid boxing board thats being doing good till you showed your ugly presence... ask me, this guy should be banned from the site... ip address and all... this is not my site but im sure i can answer for everyone when i say there is no room for shit like this on this boxing board...
lloyd mayflower
I'm confident that you already know this Smarty, but I was just fucking around, playing along with this idiot troll. Yeah I do have 1 tattoo presently, do I think it means im hard or clever or anything else like that? Of course not. Believe it or not im actually a fairly intelligent person with a sound grip on reality.

On the flip side, I also never bought into that patter about Mosley and Cotto having issues just cos they went and got tattoos. Maybe they just like them. Sometimes people read way too far into stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.