Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is goldenboy selling fixed fights?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Run and Gun Game Calls
I have quietly often wondered this, and just wanted to get some others opinions on it

Most of my examples have fights that included oscar.

Mosley v/s Delahoya....became business partners

Floyd v/s delahoya......business partners

Hopkins v/s delahoya....Business partners

the Hopkins fight for example seemed very shady to me. Look at the punch Roy Jones hit virgil hill with, then watch that fight. Did Bernard let Oscar save face by winning a few early rounds then take a dive, without taking a beating for the good of his promotional company?

Floyd and Oscar was a snore fest, looked like one was scared, and the other was glad of it.

Mosley and delahoya never a closer set of bed buddies than these two

Is it just my opinion, or do others feel we may have been had?
Fitz
I could see how you might think that regarding Hopkins, but you are pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel with Mosley, that happened WELL before Oscar became a promoter. Isn't Mayweather guilty of being in snorefests in the past? Oscar tried to push the fight early, and tired late.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Just stating that there is a possible conflict of interest there.
Snoop
Like Fitz say, the only one that could make sense is Hopkins. When Mosley and DLH fought, there was no such thing as Goldenboy and I don't really consider DLH and Mayweather business partners.
gravytrain
Who else are they going to link up with? Someone on here had a good post about Ross Greenburg pretty much telling people to just deal with GBP seeing as HBO can't sign fighters, I really doubt Arum or King are looking for business partners either. Start your own company then have to deal with GBP or just buy a stake in GBP.. I'll buy the stake in GBP.

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 1 2010, 08:57 AM) *
I have quietly often wondered this, and just wanted to get some others opinions on it

Most of my examples have fights that included oscar.

Mosley v/s Delahoya....became business partners

Floyd v/s delahoya......business partners

Hopkins v/s delahoya....Business partners

the Hopkins fight for example seemed very shady to me. Look at the punch Roy Jones hit virgil hill with, then watch that fight. Did Bernard let Oscar save face by winning a few early rounds then take a dive, without taking a beating for the good of his promotional company?

Floyd and Oscar was a snore fest, looked like one was scared, and the other was glad of it.

Mosley and delahoya never a closer set of bed buddies than these two

Is it just my opinion, or do others feel we may have been had?

there were rumblings in chat rooms that shane took a dive for floyd I dont know to me it's all hear say. I will say they have sold fixed fights in a sense that majority of their fights are predictable and boring...Mora/Mosley...Floyd/marq...ortiz/harris...and nate vs ortiz
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Oct 3 2010, 04:32 PM) *
there were rumblings in chat rooms that shane took a dive for floyd I dont know to me it's all hear say. I will say they have sold fixed fights in a sense that majority of their fights are predictable and boring...Mora/Mosley...Floyd/marq...ortiz/harris...and nate vs ortiz

oH YEAH WATCH THE FIGHT. yOU CAN SEE sHANE TAKING A DIVE FOR 12 ROUNDS AGAINST fLOYD BY FAKING LIKE HIS HEAD HIS SNAPPING BACK N FORTH INTO PLACE!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 4 2010, 08:55 PM) *
oH YEAH WATCH THE FIGHT. yOU CAN SEE sHANE TAKING A DIVE FOR 12 ROUNDS AGAINST fLOYD BY FAKING LIKE HIS HEAD HIS SNAPPING BACK N FORTH INTO PLACE!

Step away from the CAPSLock, slowly, and put down the bottle of Thunderbird.
STEVENSKI
I say yes they are. No proof but you can't trust a company headed by a guy who smiles after getting knocked out in a clearly fixed fight.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 5 2010, 02:41 AM) *

You get thunderbird in america? I thought tipples like that were solely aimed at the British down and out!!
King Eugene
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 5 2010, 05:15 AM) *
You get thunderbird in america? I thought tipples like that were solely aimed at the British down and out!!

Thunderbird and Mad Dog 50/50. Dont get much lower than that.
lloyd mayflower
Il give you lower, Buckfast tonic wine. Look it up, its THE most controversial drink in the world! Even the politicians are trying to ban it cos it is, as we say in Scotland, Wreck the hoose juice!

We have MD20/20, its something I could never ever drink. Not even when I was yooong and could drink anything! Wonder if its the same stuff. Came in all sorts of toxic "fruit" flavours
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 5 2010, 05:15 AM) *

Closest I ever consider myself to have become an alcoholic is in middle school (called intermediate deep in a previous millenium). I'd get up at 4:30 or 5 am to deliver papers (depending on the weather). I'd take a hit and watch the sun come up while delivering the morning news to plus or minus 120 doorsteps. Then I'd ride my bike to school and stop at Lupoi's to pick up breakfast, which consisted of a bottle of T-Bird, Ripple, Strawberry Hill or (if I considered myself lucky) cheap whiskey, depending on which part of the store the employees were prowling. I'd share it with whoever made it to the walnut orchard across the tracks before school, or just finish it myself.

My Dad was oblivious and preoccupied with two of my siblings who managed to get caught at everything they did. The school never did a thing (the vice principal was a flaming alchy who "understood" me). I settled down in high school because I couldn't keep up the schedule with afterschool sports and running the high school newspaper (though I would smuggle a bottle or two of wine into journalism now and then, and share it with "Mrs. Robinson"- a wild hillbilly bitch from the Ozarks).
Jack 1000
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 1 2010, 02:49 PM) *
Who else are they going to link up with? Someone on here had a good post about Ross Greenburg pretty much telling people to just deal with GBP seeing as HBO can't sign fighters, I really doubt Arum or King are looking for business partners either. Start your own company then have to deal with GBP or just buy a stake in GBP.. I'll buy the stake in GBP.

I agree with this,

I don't see evidence of any of the OP's fights cited being fixed. Hopkins always talked about the B.S things wrong with boxing, so he would have to be in on a fix too, and if he was, he's a huge hypocrite. Delahoya's Golden Boy Promotions is pretty much the hook, line, and sinker that controls HBO boxing today.

There is evidence that many of Delahoya's fights, with the exception of Mosley I, and a good 6th and 12th round against Quartey have been boring. My friend was so hyped for Tito-Oscar and was so disgusted by the lack of action in that fight after the build up that he didn't even wait for the decision. Took the tape and threw it in the trash. I thought Oscar-Tito was OK. Delahoya-Whitaker was much worse for lack of action.

Even the big fight with Mayweather? A glorified sparring session. But I saw that coming.

Jack
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Oct 3 2010, 04:32 PM) *

Shane took a dive because he got his ass kicked. forget about chat rooms. None of those bitches have ever seen the ring or you wouldn't hear no dumbshit like that. That was as obvious of an honest ass whoopin that Shane got from Floyd that shanes kid was having problems watching that shit!
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 4 2010, 09:00 PM) *
I say yes they are. No proof but you can't trust a company headed by a guy who smiles after getting knocked out in a clearly fixed fight.

WHAT WAS HE GONNA DO? CRY LIKE THE LIL BITCH ARREOLA IS? WHY WOULDN'T SHANE SMILE AFTER HIS BIGGEST PAYDAY IN YEARS OR MAYBE AT ALL? WHO KNOWS REALLY? BOTTOMLINE IS AFTER THAT ASS KICKIN FOR 6M, HE'S GOT A LOT TO SMILE ABOUT!
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 4 2010, 08:41 PM) *

ONLY IF YOU PUT DOWN THE METH PIPE MY MAN. THAT SHIT WILL ROT YOUR TEETH AND YOUR BRAIN RIGHT OUTTA YOUR HEAD. LISTEN TO YOURSELF DUDE. YOU SOUND LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD GIRL. I THINK SHANE VS FLOYD WERE FIXED! OOH! AND THAN WATCH THE FIGHT, AND YOU'RE WRAPPING THUNDERBIRD DAWG? HEY MAN, THE MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE AND WITH FIGHT ASSESMENTS LIKE YOU JUST INSINUATED? OH BOY! REHAB IS NOT FAR OFF FOR YOU BUDDY! GOOD LUCK!
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 5 2010, 05:25 PM) *
I agree with this,

I don't see evidence of any of the OP's fights cited being fixed. Hopkins always talked about the B.S things wrong with boxing, so he would have to be in on a fix too, and if he was, he's a huge hypocrite. Delahoya's Golden Boy Promotions is pretty much the hook, line, and sinker that controls HBO boxing today.

There is evidence that many of Delahoya's fights, with the exception of Mosley I, and a good 6th and 12th round against Quartey have been boring. My friend was so hyped for Tito-Oscar and was so disgusted by the lack of action in that fight after the build up that he didn't even wait for the decision. Took the tape and threw it in the trash. I thought Oscar-Tito was OK. Delahoya-Whitaker was much worse for lack of action.

Even the big fight with Mayweather? A glorified sparring session. But I saw that coming.
I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT PLANET U GIRLS LIVE ON. ODLH VS QUARTEY BORING? I GUESS OSCAR VS PERNELL WAS BORING TOO HUH? AND ODLH VS VARGAS, THAT WAS REALLY BORING ALSO, WASN'T IT? AND, I KNOW THE OSCAR VS FLOYD FIGHT HAD TO BE A SNOOZER FOR YOU. YOU JUST COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THESE GUYS JUST WEREN'T THROWING PUNCHES COULD YOU? OF COURSE THE TENSION BETWEEN THE 2 SETS OF GLOVES DIDN'T MEAN MUCH DID IT? OF COURSE NEITHER FIGHTER WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE OTHERS MISTAKES FOR 12 ROUNDS, WERE THEY? YEAH ALL THESE GUYS ARE SO BORING. HOW LONG HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN IN GIRL SCOUTS, OH I MEAN BROWNIES? DO YOU PLAY KICKBALL OR SOCCER AT MEETINGS? MOM BRING ORANGE SLICES? OH NO , THAT'S NEXT YEAR!
Jack

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 7 2010, 10:56 AM) *
WHAT WAS HE GONNA DO? CRY LIKE THE LIL BITCH ARREOLA IS? WHY WOULDN'T SHANE SMILE AFTER HIS BIGGEST PAYDAY IN YEARS OR MAYBE AT ALL? WHO KNOWS REALLY? BOTTOMLINE IS AFTER THAT ASS KICKIN FOR 6M, HE'S GOT A LOT TO SMILE ABOUT!

Yes yes yes. If you read my OP you would see I was talking about DLh smiling & laughing after Hopkins stopped him.....
Jack 1000
Delahoya-Vargas was good. I forgot about that one,

I will stand by the others.

As a side-note: Please do not use all caps when replying to posts! It is considered yelling and is not proper Internet behavior.

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.