Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The year of the MAGPIE
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
STEVENSKI
This is one of the best hits you will see by one of the toughest players I have seen (who happens to be gay).

Spyder
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 16 2011, 11:49 PM) *
Spyder they are rugby players & it is no shock to lean that English Rugby Union players are gay.

Because they play rugby?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 18 2011, 04:10 AM) *
Because they play rugby?

Yes Rugby Union in gay.
STEVENSKI
Fitz your Pies were very lucky & certainly did not deserve to win last night but I suppose congratulations are in order for making the GF.

Fucking umpires may as well have been wearing black & white in the last 1/4.
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 24 2011, 11:32 AM) *
Fitz your Pies were very lucky & certainly did not deserve to win last night but I suppose congratulations are in order for making the GF.

Fucking umpires may as well have been wearing black & white in the last 1/4.

Yeah they were very lucky, they were outplayed. But that is also a credit to Collingwood for sticking in there and grinding it out even when they weren't clicking. You guys had the chance to put us away, but just didn't take that opportunity, and costly misses cost you.
Big last quarters to Swan, Cloke and Ball got us over the line, very intense game.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 24 2011, 11:40 AM) *
Yeah they were very lucky, they were outplayed. But that is also a credit to Collingwood for sticking in there and grinding it out even when they weren't clicking. You guys had the chance to put us away, but just didn't take that opportunity, and costly misses cost you.
Big last quarters to Swan, Cloke and Ball got us over the line, very intense game.

Agreed fully with that. I was a bit stoned by the time I watched the game at 10.30 but that was a game we should have won & had plenty of chances. Hodge should have got a penalty from that high shot in the fourth but it was a good game & it should be fitting that the top two teams play each other & the final four were the first four on the ladder. Cloke is in great form ATM as is Swan. I think the Hawks will be a force in 2012 still as will the Pies.

On the other hand I feel very lucky that my two teams made the Prelims in the Hawks & Sea Eagles & Manly are in the Grand Final next week so I hope we face the Storm as they were the top two teams this year.

Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 24 2011, 12:57 PM) *
Agreed fully with that. I was a bit stoned by the time I watched the game at 10.30 but that was a game we should have won & had plenty of chances. Hodge should have got a penalty from that high shot in the fourth but it was a good game & it should be fitting that the top two teams play each other & the final four were the first four on the ladder. Cloke is in great form ATM as is Swan. I think the Hawks will be a force in 2012 still as will the Pies.

On the other hand I feel very lucky that my two teams made the Prelims in the Hawks & Sea Eagles & Manly are in the Grand Final next week so I hope we face the Storm as they were the top two teams this year.

Yeah I was as well watching the game, haha. Hodge was pretty unlucky, and I notice in the last quarter in high stake finals games, the umpires let play go on a bit more, but the free kick was there for Hodge. Hale along with a few others missed some good opportunities at goal as well when it mattered.
Cloke really came to the show in the last quarter and this has easily been his best season. For years he was known as a guy with potential, but just lacked the finishing touch and declared a dud by some just like his 2 older brothers that played for Collingwood, and were delisted. Always had more potential than his brothers, but was thought of to be cut from that cloth by some. He has finally delivered the last 2 seasons, and key position players usually mature a little bit later.
Luke Ball is another really good story, he was picked #2 and came from the same draft as Luke Hodge and Chris Judd, with Hodge going at #1 and Judd at #3. Ball was a St Kilda captain and an all Australian player, but his body seemed to break down, the consensus was that he was slow and had no penetration with his kicks due to his body failing. Lyon wasn't playing him, and benched him a lot in there losing grand final despite Ball being there best player and Ball no longer felt wanted. A lot of St Kilda supporters including my best mate were shattered that Lyon pushed Ball out, he was a well respected player, and now he is at the Pies. He is one of the most underrated players, he doesn't get the accolades as the Judd's, Abletts, Pendlebury's and Swan's as they rack up possesions, but Ball does all the things that go unnoticed and the 1 percenters. Tough player that wins the ball in and under and forces it out to one of the running midfielders. A true professional as well, as I had a lot of respect for how he handled himself after winning last year over St Kilda.

The Eagles and Storm played off in grand finals recently didn't they? What happened to the Storm, they finished on top, but the last round I saw they got absolutely smashed, similar to Collingwood getting smashed to Geelong in the last round. Who is the favourite to win?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 24 2011, 01:38 PM) *
The Eagles and Storm played off in grand finals recently didn't they? What happened to the Storm, they finished on top, but the last round I saw they got absolutely smashed, similar to Collingwood getting smashed to Geelong in the last round. Who is the favourite to win?

They played off in 2007 & 2008 in the Granny. The 2007 Melbourne won 34-8. I was at that game & was broken by the end after making a complete & total cunt of myself sitting with the CEO of a major supplier thumbsup_anim.gif . 2008 Manly won 40-0 & beat a team that was at the height of their salary cap rorting.

This year it will be Manly vs NZ Warriors as Melbourne lost last night. I can't wait & both Manly players placed on report will be playing & we get our lock back from his 3 week suspension so Manly will be at 95% strength.

Hate to say it Pat but I want to see the Cats win next Saturday as I admire the way they play footy.
Spyder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.