Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The year of the MAGPIE
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Fitz

I don't care that nobody knows what I am talking about, I'm making my own tribute thread for myself, but it's the year of the magpie and they are back on top. GOOOOOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They played off in the Grand Final last week and it was a draw in front of 100,016 people, it was the 3rd draw in history (over 100 years) and they had the rematch yesterday, and Collingwood came home and won by over 50 points.......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! First time since 1990 and back on top.
Year of the magpie.

Fitz

Fitz

Fitz

STEVENSKI
Brilliant win by the Pies. Can't say I am a fan but first premiership since 90 is big big news. They completely outplayed St Kilda & I think it was lucky St Kilda hit the goal post so many times as if they had all been goals it would have kept them in it but Collingwood was all over them.
Spyder
What's a Magpie?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 4 2010, 07:09 PM) *
What's a Magpie?

Embracing your Aussie heritage, admirable
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 4 2010, 04:16 PM) *
Embracing your Aussie heritage, admirable

ugh...next, I'll tell my wife to stop shaving her legs and armpits.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
How do Pies players celebrate a premiership?

By sexually assaulting a young girl

Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 5 2010, 05:09 AM) *
What's a Magpie?

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 5 2010, 09:19 AM) *
How do Pies players celebrate a premiership?

By sexually assaulting a young girl

Not good to hear, but will wait until some more facts come out. In the mean time, I don't think any charges have been laid, heard the story or what has unfolded. I am always a little sceptical of claims like this when a girl is at an apartment at 5am with a footballer(s).
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 5 2010, 10:21 AM) *
Not good to hear, but will wait until some more facts come out. In the mean time, I don't think any charges have been laid, heard the story or what has unfolded. I am always a little sceptical of claims like this when a girl is at an apartment at 5am with a footballer(s).

Well she sure ain't there for tea & scones is she?
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 5 2010, 10:38 AM) *
Well she sure ain't there for tea & scones is she?

Well, I wouldn't say she is. I just don't know. First reaction if someone tells you that a woman is at an apartment with pro athletes at 5am in the morning, you suspect that she may be there for fun. That's not to assume that every woman in that situation is up for it, and impossible for a woman to get sexually assaulted based on that. But these days, women are opportunists, and the time she was there tells me that there 'could' be other sides of the story. Like I said, I don't know, but I prefer to wait for some more facts before making a judgement. Though on first glance, a woman at an apartment at 5am in the morning isn't a good judgement call for a woman that 'isn't' looking for some fun.
King Eugene
Hmmmm....saw one too many questionable pics in there worried_anim.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 4 2010, 07:21 PM) *

That Magpie there looks like a ferocious beast!

laugh.gif

I'm sorry Fitz, I'm happy for you that your team won...but my Aussie heritage won't allow me to root for such a feminine mascot.
Spyder
Seriously Aussies...WTF?!?

STEVENSKI
Fitz needs to remember that Magpies are low flying bottom feeders & Hawks soar far above.
Spyder
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 22 2011, 07:01 PM) *
Fitz needs to remember that Magpies are low flying bottom feeders & Hawks soar far above.

Though your factoid should be noted, I'm less interested in the flight patterns of birds and more asking...

Why are you guys laying on your faces while your buddies take pictures?!?
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 23 2011, 09:01 AM) *

Ahhhh, so you have decided to take the Hawks? Big fuck you.

QUOTE (Spyder @ May 23 2011, 09:07 AM) *
Though your factoid should be noted, I'm less interested in the flight patterns of birds and more asking...

Why are you guys laying on your faces while your buddies take pictures?!?

Haha. It's this phase people have gone through. It's called planking. It's meant to be funny, as people do it in random places.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planking_%28fad%29

It is supposed to be funny doing it in unusual and public places. It has been critisised when a guy killed himself by trying to do a plank, and fell 7 floors.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/...6-1226056501630
lloyd mayflower
Not bad but its not as good as extreme ironing

Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 22 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Not bad but its not as good as extreme ironing

laugh.gif

Extreme ironing is the shit!

My wife would be one of the Greatest Of All Time!!

laugh.gif

No, but seriously...why are you crazy Aussies planking? Please tell me you and your brother don't do that shit Fitz...
Fitz
No I don't do that shit, haha. Though I got a photo come through on my phone last week of my grandma doing one, lol.
Spyder
You gotta post the Grandma pick...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 23 2011, 12:17 PM) *
Ahhhh, so you have decided to take the Hawks? Big fuck you.

Save the fuck you's til after round 15 at least!

I have been here 11 months & I can understand why so many people despise the Pies. Then again you have players with super tough nicknames like Daisy.
Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 23 2011, 02:59 PM) *
You gotta post the Grandma pick...

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 23 2011, 06:35 PM) *
Save the fuck you's til after round 15 at least!

I have been here 11 months & I can understand why so many people despise the Pies. Then again you have players with super tough nicknames like Daisy.

So many people hate the pies because of their supporters, and because they are the biggest and one of the most successful clubs. Nothing more. I have no idea why people hate the actual football club themselves.
But yeah like most sports, usually the most popular and the most successful are usually the most hated as well.

Why do you despise the pies so much?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 23 2011, 07:27 PM) *
So many people hate the pies because of their supporters, and because they are the biggest and one of the most successful clubs. Nothing more. I have no idea why people hate the actual football club themselves.
But yeah like most sports, usually the most popular and the most successful are usually the most hated as well.

Why do you despise the pies so much?

I think it is because the media talk them up so fucking much. I am the same with certain NRL clubs & their media love affair promoting them. Also like the Blues & Bombers supporters they tend to be fucking loudmouths who talk a lot of shit.

Funny thing is all the Pies supporters I know have their own teeth & are as far from the savage beasts the media picture.

There is also this cunt

He is probably one of the main reasons actually.
Fitz
Haha. I'm actually one of the better supporters. Their supporters are just known as 'one-eyed' supporters.

Carlton and Essendon are the pits as well. Carlton are a bunch of fucking salary cheats. I know why you hate Carlton and Essendon supporters. They are the biggest club, maybe just marginally after Collingwood.
It would have to be Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond that are the big 4. Hawthorn probably close up to them as well. The Hawks have one of the bigger membership based clubs.
I really like Richmond, my second favourite team at the moment, they are exciting and have a lot to look forward to after years, years and years of suffering.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 23 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Haha. I'm actually one of the better supporters. Their supporters are just known as 'one-eyed' supporters.

Carlton and Essendon are the pits as well. Carlton are a bunch of fucking salary cheats. I know why you hate Carlton and Essendon supporters. They are the biggest club, maybe just marginally after Collingwood.
It would have to be Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond that are the big 4. Hawthorn probably close up to them as well. The Hawks have one of the bigger membership based clubs.
I really like Richmond, my second favourite team at the moment, they are exciting and have a lot to look forward to after years, years and years of suffering.

I was close to supporting the Tigers as I think they have a good attitude & have had a shocking run.

I also quite like the Cats for some reason. Small club maybe?

Essendon are a pack of loudmouthed cunts. Jesus they talk some shit. Glad the Tigers took em to the woodshed last weekend.

Carlton seem to be whingers so fuck them too.

Collingwood has Eddie & he is a cunt.

I would hate St Kilda but that is like beating up the blind kid with one leg. They are always gonna be losers.

I suppose the biggest clubs have so many supporters so by default they have a proportionally larger segment of fuckhead supporters.

I am as one eyed as it gets with Manly. I am so bad my dad won't even watch a game with me!

Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 23 2011, 05:27 AM) *

Awesome.

laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 23 2011, 08:33 PM) *
I was close to supporting the Tigers as I think they have a good attitude & have had a shocking run.

I also quite like the Cats for some reason. Small club maybe?

Essendon are a pack of loudmouthed cunts. Jesus they talk some shit. Glad the Tigers took em to the woodshed last weekend.

Carlton seem to be whingers so fuck them too.

Collingwood has Eddie & he is a cunt.

I would hate St Kilda but that is like beating up the blind kid with one leg. They are always gonna be losers.

I suppose the biggest clubs have so many supporters so by default they have a proportionally larger segment of fuckhead supporters.

I am as one eyed as it gets with Manly. I am so bad my dad won't even watch a game with me!

Also with Richmond, they played Essendon in the anual dream time game on Saturday night. It's a game for the indeginous people. Richmond didn't have any boongs playing that night. I was also really happy they beat the Bombers.
The bombers have been extremely arrogant since they have improved this season, and they have their love child James Hird coaching. They also stole Geelong's coach. They are shady at best how everything went down last year. Hird always told the media he would not coach for at least 2 years, every single week he would be asked if he would coach, and never gave a straight answer.
Fuck that club and fuck Carlton.
I don't hate Hawthorn completely. As a kid, I went to more Hawthorn games than Collingwood, as I used to go a little bit with my cousins and uncle, who are Hawks supporters. That said, they are probably the team that concerns me the most this season.
Their is a big gap between their best and worst, they lack consistancy. But when they are on, they can beat just about anyways. Their forward and midfield is so dangerous. It's their backline that is pretty suspect, and it was even suspect before all their injuries in the back line.
Spyder
That's enough.

I just bumped this thread because the Aussie Talk thread was closed. There is no need to continue talking about gay football.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2011, 07:20 AM) *
That said, they are probably the team that concerns me the most this season.
Their is a big gap between their best and worst, they lack consistancy. But when they are on, they can beat just about anyways. Their forward and midfield is so dangerous. It's their backline that is pretty suspect, and it was even suspect before all their injuries in the back line.

At their best they are able to beat anyone to my untrained eye. That said Collingwood are clinical & avoid the corridor at all costs. At their best I think they will beat anyone.

I fuckin hate Pendleburys pubestache though

QUOTE (Spyder @ May 24 2011, 02:14 PM) *
That's enough.

I just bumped this thread because the Aussie Talk thread was closed. There is no need to continue talking about gay football.

Real mens football you mean. Well nearly as manly as NRL anyways
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 24 2011, 08:16 PM) *
At their best they are able to beat anyone to my untrained eye. That said Collingwood are clinical & avoid the corridor at all costs. At their best I think they will beat anyone.

I fuckin hate Pendleburys pubestache though

Haha, well done. Nice pick up, on them liking to hug the boundary line rather than go up the centre. Are you picking things up pretty well?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Haha, well done. Nice pick up, on them liking to hug the boundary line rather than go up the centre. Are you picking things up pretty well?

I had to sit there one Saturday arvo with my laptop & a notepad to make notes. Looked like a coaches playbook after the game. I like the rovers as they are hard little cunts with big fuel tanks. League is my first love but I am appreciating the unique talents for AFL more & more.
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 24 2011, 08:43 PM) *
I had to sit there one Saturday arvo with my laptop & a notepad to make notes. Looked like a coaches playbook after the game. I like the rovers as they are hard little cunts with big fuel tanks. League is my first love but I am appreciating the unique talents for AFL more & more.

Get ready for next year and polish up your knowledge, we can join the same supercoach league next year, haha.

There is no chance you can be swayed by Greater Western Sydney next season? laugh.gif

By the way, how come you didn't support the Swans?

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Get ready for next year and polish up your knowledge, we can join the same supercoach league next year, haha.

There is no chance you can be swayed by Greater Western Sydney next season? laugh.gif

By the way, how come you didn't support the Swans?

GWS? I am a Northern Beaches boy not a Westie laugh.gif Brave move as western Sydney is league heartland. I don't mind the Swans but could never support a red & white team as they are the Dragons colours & I hate the Dragons.

When I moved to Melbourne I lived in Kew & now live in Balwyn so I figured I should support my local team. I wish they did not have piss yellow & poo brown as their colours though!
Spyder
I'm serious.

Fitz
Thanks for bumping my thread, and you seem to have posted more in this one than the others. You're a champ, have a good one.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 8 2011, 05:14 AM) *
Thanks for bumping my thread, and you seem to have posted more in this one than the others. You're a champ, have a good one.

laugh.gif

Fitz
I bet Jack is behind deleting Rumer_Test's post. Hater.
Spyder
In America, road rage like this ends with someone getting punched in the face or shot. These Aussies seem impervious to insults. Living in Australia must be pretty awesome.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 14 2011, 08:48 AM) *
Nice timing Spyder.

About a year now, and the might Pies one their first final and straight into the preliminary final and a chance to go back to back.

Carn the fucking Pies.

Went & saw your bloody Pies at the G last Saturday. First AFL game in Melbourne I have been to as well.

I can state with total clarity that the Eagles female supporters are a much better looking bunch than the toothless Pies. That said there were numerous Pies fans who warranted attention.

Oh well looks like the Hawks are done even if we beat the Swannies I don't see us getting past your midfield.

Spyder
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 13 2011, 11:10 PM) *
Went & saw your bloody Pies at the G last Saturday. First AFL game in Melbourne I have been to as well.

I can state with total clarity that the Eagles female supporters are a much better looking bunch than the toothless Pies. That said there were numerous Pies fans who warranted attention.

Oh well looks like the Hawks are done even if we beat the Swannies I don't see us getting past your midfield.

Don't start this again.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 15 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Nice, how did you find the atmosphere?

Underwhelming I must say. I was expecting a lot more out of a Pies game at the G. Maybe I am just used to smaller stadiums with more intensity or I was in the MCC members & people were well behaved!

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 15 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Yep, the Hawks look done and should be a close one with the Swans this week, though Sydney don't have a good record at the MCG. Even then though, the forward line is now suspect without Franklin, and even Roughhead who has been out for most of the year, is hurting you guys now. The Hawthorn defense as well is under pressure, lost many key defenders early and done well for most of the year, but it's come undone against the top teams. They chip it around too much down back, and that seems to be working only against the other 13 clubs. Been really unlucky this season, should be in contention with a fully strength side, but just too many injuries throughout the year, and the Franklin one is the last straw.

I think we can beat the Swans if we are on our game but a understrength Hawks will get belted by the Pies in the same fashion as you got belted by the Cats. Roughy was a big loss I think this year.
Spyder
Seriously...

lloyd mayflower
Fuckin Aussies....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 16 2011, 05:03 AM) *
Seriously...

For what it's worth I think this gay looking coterie are English rugby union players, which would make sense.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 16 2011, 12:54 PM) *
For what it's worth I think this gay looking coterie are English rugby union players, which would make sense.

Damn straight
STEVENSKI
Hawks vs Pies for a GF spot Fitzy.

Buddy played brilliantly after a pretty quiet 1st quarter but Josh Gibson was something else last night. His spoils were just beautiful to watch & he was my man of the match.
STEVENSKI
Spyder they are rugby players & it is no shock to lean that English Rugby Union players are gay.

STEVENSKI
I should also add that this is how real men play Rugby League

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.