Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Khan vs Maidana sig bet thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Ante up bitches...

cool.gif
Lil-lightsout
I ain't touching this fight. I think it's 50-50. Khan could possibly dominate from the outside all night, or Maidana with his motivation and punch could KO Khan.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 6 2010, 04:30 PM) *
Who you taking?

I've got Maidana and have already made a sig bet for this fight. Just can't remember who with?
D-MARV
This will be the most one sided fight of the year! Khan is going to OWN this overrated Bum! I'm down for a sig bet. Ill trade a month for two weeks!
kidbazooka1
I hope Maidana stops Khan in brutal style but unfortunatly what i see happening is Khan boxing his way to a UD win.
King Eugene
Dont think this fight is worthy of a sig bet. Its not a major fight, just a big fight amongst hardcore fans but if I had to choose I'd pick Khan by wide UD.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 7 2010, 02:08 AM) *
Who cares, don't have the attitude of a boxing promoter and a casual fan, if it's not Mayweather/Pacquiao or the other selected few of marquee names, it's not a major fight. Some of the best fights this year are better than a lot of the 'worthy' fights that can get made. Get into dude.

It's us hardcore fans that matter, we don't need casual fans to get excited about a fight, man up and get into it, lol.

I'll definitely be watching it no doubt but wont be putting my sig on the line for it. If I was a big fan of one of them then yea but to be doing it just to be doing it.....HELL NO.

Besides I'm not that confident in Khan's chin and refuse to be posting with a naked harry man on my sig. lol I dont want to be like LL when folks stop posting in threads as soon as he'd post a reply to the topic. laugh.gif
King Eugene
On another note

@danrafaelespn In the works: Victor Ortiz vs Andriy Kotelnik to open the Dec. 11 HBO card headlined by Khan-Maidana. That's a great show if it comes off

Rafael's twitter
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
For those taking Maidana just remember you will be going up against the shrewdest matchmaker in boxing in Freddie Roach. His record over the past few years has been pretty freakin immaculate.
salvador
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 7 2010, 06:50 AM) *
For those taking Maidana just remember you will be going up against the shrewdest matchmaker in boxing in Freddie Roach. His record over the past few years has been pretty freakin immaculate.

Is this some kind of cryptic way of suggesting that Khan is taking HGH?
JD
I have got Khan all day in this one.
Mean Mister Mustard
How tall is Khan? The man looks like he's 6 feet tall. Maidana is going to have a hard time catching him. One thing to watch out for is his aggressiveness; the man never stops coming. Khan better be prepared to go 12 rounds, and bring a lot of fottspeed to the ring, otherwise he miight find himself being stuck on mud and trading with Maidana.

BigG
I think Khan will get up from the canvas to win a decision. I think his skills will be too much. but this is def. Khans toughest test at 140 but Maidana doesn't impress me, his kind of a poor mans Mayorga
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 6 2010, 06:52 PM) *
You fucking poof. I think last time I challenged you to a sig bet as well, you apparently already had a mysterious challenger.

Ok, we can do this.

Name your terms...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 7 2010, 04:39 PM) *
What's the standard? 2 weeks or 4 weeks? Maidana wins, my sig is yours. Khan wins, your sig is mine. That's pretty straight forward?

4 weeks?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 7 2010, 06:50 AM) *

I don't think Khan's people wanted this fight...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 7 2010, 08:34 PM) *
Sounds good to me.

Got any suggestions on what type of sig you want? laugh.gif

lol...

We'll see about that one. Just make sure you show your face when Kahn gets the business...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 8 2010, 01:33 AM) *
lol...

We'll see about that one. Just make sure you show your face when Kahn gets the business...

LOL! Fitz lives here... you'll have no problem seeing him here.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 8 2010, 01:00 AM) *
That said, I am still concerned if Pacquiao-Mayweather never happen. I wanted a sig bet with torvix so bad. I want him back, especially if that fight ever happens, lol.

We may never get to see that fight because Pacquiao ain't gonna get by Margarito...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 6 2010, 05:06 PM) *
I ain't touching this fight. I think it's 50-50. Khan could possibly dominate from the outside all night, or Maidana with his motivation and punch could KO Khan.

you cant touch this fight anyway... i already got you locked into another fight and i have your pic already picked out... lol...
SmartyBeardo
Khan should win this, but I'm taking Maidana because Ortiz hits harder than Khan, has a better chin and a similar heart.
PR316
I can see either Khan winning a wide boring UD with his jabbing and running, but I can also see Maidana turning Mr Twitter's lights out as well. What gives Maidana a legit chance here is that he can also get very nasty and ugly on the inside. And Khan doesn't exactly have the heart of a warrior, either. He's rather soft too. And in the 5th round of that fight with Barrera, he was caught with a punch there that despite taking, told me if that had been a real puncher his size, Khan would have had serious problems.

I want Maidana to win this and I make no secret of it. Can't stand Amir Khan. Cocky kid who was recently KO'd by an ESPN fighter in less than a minute just a couple years ago and he acts like a diva. Has a big mouth and talks too much.

If Maidana puts his lights out, I'll celebrate like crazy.
Maxy
I'd never do a sig bet for this fight. Way too risky to be confident in a pick. Yeah, Khan should win but will he steer clear for 36 minutes? Probably, but nah, never gonna be certain about Khan winning any fight with an opponent who can bang.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 7 2010, 08:58 AM) *
Is this some kind of cryptic way of suggesting that Khan is taking HGH?

No just I think he is the master of timing. He understands when is the right time to throw in his guy to minimize the risk but build his profile. I think Khan is fighting this guy coz Freddy believes he is ready to do so. Could he be wrong? Sure, but he has had a pretty good run in the last few years.

I'll take Amir in a pretty boring UD.
Hittman25
i agree khan is a great boxer and has a much higher skill level than maidana but something u cant take away from marcos is that he finds way to win....in the ortiz fight he was down three times agaisnt a much better boxer and had equal power....khan has quik hands and ii believe he has sum power but i just dont see khan putting maidana away...its gonna be a great fight but im taking maidana's determination over khans skill
Hittman25
well what made him bitch out?............maidana's right hand? look at it again at the end and youll see ortiz face wilt wen he gets hit with a right in the body, head thats why he layed down and said no mas
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Oct 13 2010, 02:10 PM) *
i agree khan is a great boxer and has a much higher skill level than maidana but something u cant take away from marcos is that he finds way to win....in the ortiz fight he was down three times agaisnt a much better boxer and had equal power....khan has quik hands and ii believe he has sum power but i just dont see khan putting maidana away...its gonna be a great fight but im taking maidana's determination over khans skill

damn man... i agree with you... lol... you hit it right on man... maidana seems to have that unwithering will... ortiz gave up cuzz no matter what he did that crazy s.o.b kept coming.... he broke ortiz's will to continue.... it was too much for him to handle... too hot in the kitchen baby... lol...
Hittman25
For me man if there were more maidanas in boxing it would be alot more entertaining to watch but i will say this about marcos is that he has horrible footwork and stamina.....but hes a fighter Im old sku man look at my sig i love a brawl at the highest skill level....nothin would top a hagler hearns but thats another arguement and smoking sum real nice mary jane haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.