Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dirrell out of Super Six?!?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Michigan Assassin
According to Fightnews.com, Andre Dirrell has some sort of injury and is pulling out of the Super Six tourney.

If this is a bullshit duck job by Dirrell, I hope Showtime and HBO never have them on their air again. He knew what he was getting into when he signed on the dotted line.

A fight with Ward was always going to go wince they announced the tournament.

Showtime should just scrap the tourney, it's already incredibly watered down with the addition of Green and Johnson.
Maxy
Dirrell boxes like a pussy, a man with no balls, so I shouldn't be surprised that he has pulled out of this tourney. It's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing how he fared against Ward but his ducking epitomizes the character the man shows inside the ring.

The super six was a great idea in principle but all the pull-outs, postponements etc have rendered it shambolic. Next time a tournament is arranged they need to make sure it is shorter with only the winner advancing to the next round.
KookedKrack
The actual fights in the super six have been great but there was been way too much bullshit involved.
Box in Hand
All of the drama has just shed light on the mess inside of boxing. The casual fan must think boxing is filled with Prima Donnas with all the bullshit going on. This is horseshit.
gravytrain
They just need to put Ward and Abraham in the ring and get it over with now.
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 7 2010, 01:49 PM) *
They just need to put Ward and Abraham in the ring and get it over with now.

Nah fuck that, lets give Froch his fight with Abraham, winner fights Ward and then we close this shit down. Meanwhile, Dirrell, the fuckin' disgrace, should have his license revoked and be kicked outta the sport. Sue the cunt, make him bankrupt...see if that gives him the balls to fight his bum buddy Ward.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2010, 02:52 PM) *
Nah fuck that, lets give Froch his fight with Abraham, winner fights Ward and then we close this shit down. Meanwhile, Dirrell, the fuckin' disgrace, should have his license revoked and be kicked outta the sport. Sue the cunt, make him bankrupt...see if that gives him the balls to fight his bum buddy Ward.

Showtime mandated the fight, I'm thinking both Ward and Dirrell aren't going to be on the best of terms with them now.

I really, really, really hope they don't drag this out with Green and Johnson or try to replace Dirrell. The tournament hasn't went well and I'm sure everyone just wants it to end.
Box in Hand
The winner of this tournament can't even claim their the best in the division because there have been too many dropouts. What the point?
Maxy
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Oct 7 2010, 03:19 PM) *
The winner of this tournament can't even claim their the best in the division because there have been too many dropouts. What the point?

Well, the original idea, the original point was very good. Taylor had to pull out cos his brain was getting badly mashed up but Dirrell, what the fuck? He is arguably the biggest pussy the sport has ever known. A fuckin' cunt of the highest order. People say Dirrell got robbed vs Froch but he did himself no favours with all that rolling on the floor crap he pulled that night....his pussy nature coming to the fore. Then he pretends to be sparked out by Abraham because he realized he was gonna get hurt cos he had fuck all left and he bottled it. Now, he don't wanna face his mate Ward cos rather than hit him he'd prefer to fuck him. Fuck it, I can't stand that fraud, that total faker. Disgrace to the sport. Andre Dirrell. Yeah, the competition is fucked up unless they axe the Johnson-Green bullshit matchup and go with the winner of Froch Abraham vs Ward....and then the winner of that has to fight Bute.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Well, the original idea, the original point was very good. Taylor had to pull out cos his brain was getting badly mashed up but Dirrell, what the fuck? He is arguably the biggest pussy the sport has ever known. A fuckin' cunt of the highest order. People say Dirrell got robbed vs Froch but he did himself no favours with all that rolling on the floor crap he pulled that night....his pussy nature coming to the fore. Then he pretends to be sparked out by Abraham because he realized he was gonna get hurt cos he had fuck all left and he bottled it. Now, he don't wanna face his mate Ward cos rather than hit him he'd prefer to fuck him. Fuck it, I can't stand that fraud, that total faker. Disgrace to the sport. Andre Dirrell. Yeah, the competition is fucked up unless they axe the Johnson-Green bullshit matchup and go with the winner of Froch Abraham vs Ward....and then the winner of that has to fight Bute.

Maxy we are both on the same page. Dirrell is in the shit house with me. There have been too many things going on with this kid to make me believe he isn't a coward.
Michigan Assassin
Dirrell with definately be locked out of Showtime, and based on his crowd unfriendly style will most likely never land on HBO. So by default his career is pretty much going into the shitter.

But I disagree that Showtime would place Ward in the doghouse with him. This tourney has done just what Showtime wanted it to: give Showtime a new star to help build upon. And if Ward does fight and defeat the winner of Froch - Abraham, it will have done just that.

But first and foremost, fuck Dirrell!!
gravytrain
An article on ESPN is claiming Dirrell's career might be in question due to a neurological problem. I'm really going to hate this guy if he magically regains his health after the Super Six ends.
JLUVBABY
fact is he didnt want any part of ward... end of the story... he is preserving his career and holding on to his paper belt... we know what it is..
Spyder
The man is having neurological issues...Jesus!

laugh.gif

What's wrong with you people? lol

Especially YOU Maxy? You HATED the fact that he made your countryman look like a fucking amateur caveman, and then throughly dominated Abraham...until Arthur decided to find a way out of the fight on his feet.

The fact that Dirrell's current injury was most likely CAUSED by that blatant foul...I would think that Abraham be the one receiving all of the hate...but whatever, I guess you Euro's stick together.

rolleyes_anim.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 8 2010, 03:35 AM) *
The man is having neurological issues...Jesus!

laugh.gif

What's wrong with you people? lol

Especially YOU Maxy? You HATED the fact that he made your countryman look like a fucking amateur caveman, and then throughly dominated Abraham...until Arthur decided to find a way out of the fight on his feet.

The fact that Dirrell's current injury was most likely CAUSED by that blatant foul...I would think that Abraham be the one receiving all of the hate...but whatever, I guess you Euro's stick together.
rolleyes_anim.gif

The one and ONLY time we stick together, is when we are whipping your arses at the Ryder Cup!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Oct 8 2010, 05:46 AM) *
All of the drama has just shed light on the mess inside of boxing. The casual fan must think boxing is filled with Prima Donnas with all the bullshit going on. This is horseshit.

It is full of prima donnas.
The Original MrFactor
Calling Bullshit on this too... I had a feeling that that once I read the initial headline that the Abraham fight was gonna get mentioned at some point. Dude had a fucking problem before that fight. It was a maturity issue. On the surface, he's a nice kid, but if he boxes again, that just goes on to prove that this bullshit is exactly that... BULLSHIT. We'll see if his fucking career is over. Well, that paves the way for WARD/Dawson in November. Dawson could redeem himself with a victory over Ward.
King Eugene
Some of these so called fans trip me out. A fighter pulls out of a fight because of an injury(before injury is released) and you automatically throw him in the dog house not knowing how serious his injury could really be. Then you find out is neurological problems and you still go in on him. Hot damn put yourself in his shoes. He already puts his life on the line when he steps foot in the ring to entertain YOU. So what if one blow could end his career and permanently damage him huh?

I'm sure he is just as pissed and disappointed his damn self. He don't fight he don't eat or nor can he feed his family. You think he doesn't want to get ring, attempt to unify, and go on to bigger paydays? I'm sure his mindset wasn't "I'll start boxing, pad my record against some scrubs to make a few dollars but avoid any danger by any means necessary." GTFOH Hell Abraham is more dangerous than Ward. If he was going to pull some BS to get out of a fight don't you think it would have been against Abraham?

Dirrell gets hit with an illegal shot which causes the fight to be stopped and have him sent to the hospital but yet all the backlash is towards him? SMH

Some of you cats are selfish as hell.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 8 2010, 12:30 AM) *
Pavlik that cock is a perfect example. Apparently had staph or someshit, pulled out of a Williams fight. People went "awwwww". Williams signs a fight, Pavlik then calls him out and then signs on a date 2 weeks after he was supposed to fight Williams. That is the type of information we need to wait for before crucifying fighters.

laugh.gif

So if you were at a fight and ran into Pavlik in the hallway or where ever, would you shake his hand, turn the other way, or call him a cock and run the other direction? LOL.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2010, 10:39 PM) *
The one and ONLY time we stick together, is when we are whipping your arses at the Ryder Cup!

laugh.gif

Damn right.

If Dirrell really does have some shit wrong with his brain, then fair play, he's got to pull out. Won't ever change my opinion of him though. Spyder, if that sissy was European I can bet you'd be one of the first to take the piss out of him and his fucked up style.

King Eugene said the word Entertain in the same sentence describing Dirrell. That is so fucking wrong.
neophyte7
Direll is a bitch.. if he has nuero problems it was from Abraham clubbing his soft ass in his domepiece (In a rematch Abaraham figures his soft ass out and KOs him if they were to ever meet again)... He and Ward are friends and shit. he may have some problems but he don't got it in him to fight to the death in the ring with is so called friend and overrated Andre Ward.

Gotta give overachievers like Ward and Gatti credit.. friends fought to the death in there. Even Floyd and Judah threw down with bad intentions and they are friends... If he really has neurological problems he should give the public some specifics
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 8 2010, 05:24 AM) *
Some of these so called fans trip me out. A fighter pulls out of a fight because of an injury(before injury is released) and you automatically throw him in the dog house not knowing how serious his injury could really be. Then you find out is neurological problems and you still go in on him. Hot damn put yourself in his shoes. He already puts his life on the line when he steps foot in the ring to entertain YOU. So what if one blow could end his career and permanently damage him huh?

I'm sure he is just as pissed and disappointed his damn self. He don't fight he don't eat or nor can he feed his family. You think he doesn't want to get ring, attempt to unify, and go on to bigger paydays? I'm sure his mindset wasn't "I'll start boxing, pad my record against some scrubs to make a few dollars but avoid any danger by any means necessary." GTFOH Hell Abraham is more dangerous than Ward. If he was going to pull some BS to get out of a fight don't you think it would have been against Abraham?

Dirrell gets hit with an illegal shot which causes the fight to be stopped and have him sent to the hospital but yet all the backlash is towards him? SMH

+1

Preach it man.
neophyte7
Direll is a bitch.. if he has nuero problems it was from Abraham clubbing his soft ass in his domepiece (In a rematch Abaraham figures his soft ass out and KOs him if they were to ever meet again)... He and Ward are friends and shit. he may have some problems but he don't got it in him to fight to the death in the ring with is so called friend and overrated Andre Ward.

Gotta give overachievers like Ward and Gatti credit.. friends fought to the death in there. Even Floyd and Judah threw down with bad intentions and they are friends... If he really has neurological problems he should give the public some specific
JD
The story doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense...if he had a neurological problem, why would the fight be scheduled in the first place...and then rescheduled?

I mean, I wish him the best if this is a real issue - but the story is just odd.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 8 2010, 12:24 AM) *

You are right. Fans should give him the benefit of the doubt, alhtough I understand why people would call him a liar. Just weeks ago he and Ward were considering balking out of the tourney in order to avoid facing each other in the ring. All of a sudden he has neurological problems? Notice that in the front page Shaw says that it could put his career on "hold". Not end it, just delay it, which means he'll probably be back and not have to fight his friend.

As to the punch Abraham landed; I'm not neurologist, but would a punch to the jaw really cause that much damage to the brain?

gravytrain
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 8 2010, 12:09 PM) *
The story doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense...if he had a neurological problem, why would the fight be scheduled in the first place...and then rescheduled?

I mean, I wish him the best if this is a real issue - but the story is just odd.

On ESPN it's saying Dirrell would have headaches frequently and finally went to get himself checked out, whether it's the truth or not is yet to be known. I give him the benefit of a doubt, however in the sport of boxing there's been too many times where a guy talks about needing to pull out of a fight because of an injury only to magically heal and take a different fight.

Snoop
I'm also surprised at how many people are throwing Dirrell under the bus. Saying he fights like a pussy? I mean you might have an argument based off the Froch fight, but in the Abraham fight I felt he stood in the pocket, traded, and boxed beautifully. I mean he was the FIRST fighter to take Abraham to those limits.

I also highly doubt he pulled out because he's "scared" of Andre Ward. These guys are friends and like Eugene said, there's much more to be "scared" about in Abraham than in Ward. The story isn't really clear yet, but let's wait for some more facts before we start denouncing this guy.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 8 2010, 02:17 PM) *
I'm also surprised at how many people are throwing Dirrell under the bus. Saying he fights like a pussy? I mean you might have an argument based off the Froch fight, but in the Abraham fight I felt he stood in the pocket, traded, and boxed beautifully. I mean he was the FIRST fighter to take Abraham to those limits.

I also highly doubt he pulled out because he's "scared" of Andre Ward. These guys are friends and like Eugene said, there's much more to be "scared" about in Abraham than in Ward. The story isn't really clear yet, but let's wait for some more facts before we start denouncing this guy.

I just think at the moment it's kind of a dodgy situation. The fight was looking questionable, Showtime had to mandate the fight, and now Dirrell is pulling out of the tournament. Dirrell's people really haven't said much about it either, I think they just said he seen a neurologists and was told to put boxing on hold. I can understand how some people question it, don't agree with people really trying to take it to the guy though.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 8 2010, 12:34 PM) *
You are right. Fans should give him the benefit of the doubt, alhtough I understand why people would call him a liar. Just weeks ago he and Ward were considering balking out of the tourney in order to avoid facing each other in the ring. All of a sudden he has neurological problems? Notice that in the front page Shaw says that it could put his career on "hold". Not end it, just delay it, which means he'll probably be back and not have to fight his friend.

As to the punch Abraham landed; I'm not neurologist, but would a punch to the jaw really cause that much damage to the brain?

Neither Ward nor Dirrell wanted this fight. 1st of all they're old homies and can make a lot more money fighting each other away from this Tourney! I guarantee this is a factor. Pavliks exact words were," if those guys want to beat their brains out for peanuts, that's their problem". Both Ward and Dirrell have a plan to hook up on their own terms. Although whatever injury may be legit. How perfect is the timing to walk away from this fight!
The CEO
lol...and The Curse of 168 continues...like my man, bazooka, says...

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 18 2009, 03:06 AM) *
The super middleweight division is sh*t but come to think about it it always has been.

and always will BE...

IF that clusterfuck of a tourney continues, Ward should get the Hell outta there (after he wins it)...that division really is beneath him.
streetlion1
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 8 2010, 01:58 PM) *
Neither Ward nor Dirrell wanted this fight. 1st of all they're old homies and can make a lot more money fighting each other away from this Tourney! I guarantee this is a factor. Pavliks exact words were," if those guys want to beat their brains out for peanuts, that's their problem". Both Ward and Dirrell have a plan to hook up on their own terms. Although whatever injury may be legit. How perfect is the timing to walk away from this fight!

I have to agree....if they are going to fight at all it wont happen in the tournament. I think this was planned but im not that upset because I think they will meet down the road.

Now this clears the way for Fraud Froch, Kessler, and gaybraham to make themselves look better lol. It was domination by Dirrell and Ward IMO....it doesnt really change who the winner will be...Andre Ward...he has already shown domination and would dominate Johnson and Froch as well. Best in the division bar none.
Mean Mister Mustard
To those who are saying that Ward and Direll will make more money if they fight each other outside the tournament; what are you basing that on? Direll seems to bore most of the audience and Ward is no big puncher. HOw would they make more money outside the tournament?
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 8 2010, 03:12 PM) *
lol...and The Curse of 168 continues...like my man, bazooka, says...

and always will BE...

IF that clusterfuck of a tourney continues, Ward should get the Hell outta there (after he wins it)...that division really is beneath him.

As is fighting outside of his hometown and boxing his arse fuck buddy Dirrell by the looks of things.

Believe the hype CEO.

The whole tournament has been tarnished by every single entrant to the competition. Ward has to fight in Oakland or wherever the fuck he resides, Froch don't want none of Abraham if it's in Germany, Kessler, shit he's faked some kinda eye injury, Dirrell....well obviously he's suddenly discovered that he's brain damaged from the light blow to the head he suffered from that cheating bitch Abraham.....Taylor, well he was just one punch from death so had to walk away. Green, he can't fight for shit but enjoyed the pay day. Johnson...why is he there anyway. He'll have to fast for a month just to come close to the weight limit. Yeah, its a fucked up tournament because a bunch of fighters have allowed their pathetic ego's to ruin it. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Ward and Dirrell, btw, are on record as saying they don't wanna fight one another. Looks like the shit has all played out don't it?

Oh, and I agree with most that Ward is a talented and good fighter....but lets see if he has the balls to fight abroad....does ANY American fighter have the balls to fight abroad? Don't include the useless overweight heavyweight bums you have either...and don't say that the money is better in America....cos that's crap too...

You slippin' Joe.....
King Eugene
On another note I didn't know Andre had a brother who was an undefeated SMW...Anthony Dirrell.

@danrafaelespn I hope Dirrell's OK. I have no doubt the issues are legit. You don't bail on a title shot & seven-fig payday by faking a brain injury.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 8 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Good post..

This is really disappointing for me..This was the most anticipated fight for me in a long while..Sucks that whatever happened to Dirrell happened..
Big Slim Sweet
Seems suspect considering how there were already rumors leaking that he and Ward were looking to get out of their fight with each other.

The tourney's officially a disaster. Abraham and Froch should still fight cause it will likely be a shootout but that's on its own merits.

Ward should just pull out and go over to HBO to fight guys like Bute, Dawson, Pavlik, etc. The biggest $ fights out there for him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 9 2010, 09:34 AM) *
Seems suspect considering how there were already rumors leaking that he and Ward were looking to get out of their fight with each other.

The tourney's officially a disaster. Abraham and Froch should still fight cause it will likely be a shootout but that's on its own merits.

Ward should just pull out and go over to HBO to fight guys like Bute, Dawson, Pavlik, etc. The biggest $ fights out there for him.

this is how i feel slim....
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 9 2010, 10:34 AM) *

As I have stated repeatedly, the round robin format has no business in boxing. Too many moving parts. Too many fights. Too exclusionary. Too little fear of loss.

One more time, boxing is not the FIFA World Cup. Stop trying to fit men who make their money damaging other men into a chess format.

I agree with Maxy about the whole hometown advantage aspect of this fiasco. I understand the business sense of it, but it damages the credibility of the tourney and the fighters. Ward is a good boxer. But how would he have done in Kessler's hometown? Of course, Ward fans will say it would not matter. Kessler fans would beg to differ. The appearance of homer officiating becomes pronounced. Should they have added home and home fights to each round of this bird turd of a format?

I can imagine certain master debaters dissecting every word that I have said in order to come up with a decent sounding defense for this unmitigated disaster. No matter how decent you make it sound, the arguments for this format are convoluted. It does not make sense for boxing.

Don't waste more of your life doing pseudo CPR on a cadaver. What should never have happened in the first place is dead.

Every decent matchup that this format has produced could have been realized in a format more conducive to this sport.

Froch v Abraham/Ward v Dirrell. Winners and losers meet. Winner of Winners' bracket wins tourney setting up a major matchup with the homer of all homers, Bute, which would be ready to go right now.

Super Six R.I.P.
PR316
I met Andre Dirrell at the weigh in for Berto-Quintana and he was a really cool dude so I have taken a liking to him.

I don't understand why so many are hard on him. He fought Froch in Nottingham, fought well, and was arguably robbed. Sure he ran and held some but Froch's blatant dirty tactics were inexcusable also.

Then he DOMINATED Abraham before he was clipped while on a knee, and some had the nerve to suggest he was faking. Supposedly wanting out of a fight he clearly had in the bag.

He probably doesn't relish fighting his buddy Ward but I still think they'll meet down the line.

The best in the division for me is Bute. Him and Ward should fight.

And if Hopkins beats Pascal, I wouldn't be surprised if he faces 1 of the top guys at 168.
gravytrain
It's pretty obvious that Andre Dirrell is going to take a dive in a fight he was well ahead in, undoubtedly he couldn't simply coast a round. The fact he could have did the running man around the ring in round 12 and still comfortably won is sufficient evidence for such a motive.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 9 2010, 06:42 PM) *
It's pretty obvious that Andre Dirrell is going to take a dive in a fight he was well ahead in, undoubtedly he couldn't simply coast a round. The fact he could have did the running man around the ring in round 12 and still comfortably won is sufficient evidence for such a motive.

HEY, gravytrain, no offense but what the fuck are you saying?

A. Dirrell took a dive.

B. Dirrell did not take a dive.

No need for explanation, just pick a letter.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 9 2010, 09:49 PM) *
HEY, gravytrain, no offense but what the fuck are you saying?

A. Dirrell took a dive.

B. Dirrell did not take a dive.

No need for explanation, just pick a letter.

B.

I was just being sarcastic about it.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 10 2010, 06:43 AM) *
B.

I was just being sarcastic about it.

I figured as much, but your sarcasm was a tad too nuanced for my inebriated grey matter.

I'm with you on that. Dirrell fought a damned fine fight. Stood in there and beat Abraham to the punch and punished him throughout. No doubt Abraham was threatening out of desperation but Dirrell's biggest enemy in that ring that evening was the ridiculously latexed canvass.

Andre did not dive in that fight. Furthermore, Abraham has nobody to blame but himself for that loss.

I hope Dirrell can recover completely and continue his career. He has the most potential for greatness (skill-wise) of anyone that had anything to do with that abomination called the Super Six.

His heart is still a large Q-mark, though.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 10 2010, 12:08 PM) *
I figured as much, but your sarcasm was a tad too nuanced for my inebriated grey matter.

I'm with you on that. Dirrell fought a damned fine fight. Stood in there and beat Abraham to the punch and punished him throughout. No doubt Abraham was threatening out of desperation but Dirrell's biggest enemy in that ring that evening was the ridiculously latexed canvass.

Andre did not dive in that fight. Furthermore, Abraham has nobody to blame but himself for that loss.

I hope Dirrell can recover completely and continue his career. He has the most potential for greatness (skill-wise) of anyone that had anything to do with that abomination called the Super Six.

His heart is still a large Q-mark, though.

One judge had him up 7 rounds and the other two had him up 5, pretty good considering Abraham was and is definitely one of the top fighters in the tournament. I really just can't see how people think he'd take a dive when Dirrell's corner knew he was up big and so did Abraham's corner, Dirrell could have hammer danced in round 12 and still won the fight. That and most people agree Abraham is one of the biggest punchers in the tournament, some guy with a good punch magically loses that power when he punches a defenseless guy on one knee? No, it's going to make that fighter get the full effect of that punch.

If it were a close fight I might entertain myself with the idea of Dirrell taking a dive, I really can't comprehend how people think a guy who only has to avoid a kayo is going to fake a knockout.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 10 2010, 10:05 AM) *
One judge had him up 7 rounds and the other two had him up 5, pretty good considering Abraham was and is definitely one of the top fighters in the tournament. I really just can't see how people think he'd take a dive when Dirrell's corner knew he was up big and so did Abraham's corner, Dirrell could have hammer danced in round 12 and still won the fight. That and most people agree Abraham is one of the biggest punchers in the tournament, some guy with a good punch magically loses that power when he punches a defenseless guy on one knee? No, it's going to make that fighter get the full effect of that punch.

If it were a close fight I might entertain myself with the idea of Dirrell taking a dive, I really can't comprehend how people think a guy who only has to avoid a kayo is going to fake a knockout.

True.
Hittman25
Abraham is proly the funniest boxer out there....that fight camp 360 shit he is always saying something random and wierd and its just funny....
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 10 2010, 01:05 PM) *

Dirrell doesn't epitomize courage though. Perhaps he felt things were slipping away from him, he felt weak, Abraham was coming on and he doubted himself. It's certainly not inconceivable. Afterall, you can lose a fight you have dominated in an instant. Different circumstances entirely but when Michael Watson was floored by Chris Eubank in the 11th round, he only had to survive the 12th to win the fight. It wasn't to be. Now, perhaps that is a bad comparison but if Dirrell has some kinda brain injury.....and come on, does it take 7 months to notice this, maybe we could have been looking at a similar situation? Maybe taking a dive was the smart move?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 10 2010, 03:17 PM) *
Dirrell doesn't epitomize courage though. Perhaps he felt things were slipping away from him, he felt weak, Abraham was coming on and he doubted himself. It's certainly not inconceivable. Afterall, you can lose a fight you have dominated in an instant. Different circumstances entirely but when Michael Watson was floored by Chris Eubank in the 11th round, he only had to survive the 12th to win the fight. It wasn't to be. Now, perhaps that is a bad comparison but if Dirrell has some kinda brain injury.....and come on, does it take 7 months to notice this, maybe we could have been looking at a similar situation? Maybe taking a dive was the smart move?

It doesn't require much courage to coast for a round, just moving around the ring for 3 minutes. Abraham was definitely looking to knock him out but Dirrell was already having an easy time getting away from him, he was even in the process of eluding him while he slipped. I just find it hard to believe that Dirrell took a dive in that fight, especially when tests have confirmed that he received some brain damage between the Abraham fight and now, can't quite say I think it's from training camp either.

I was kind of skeptical of the injury until the guy at Showtime[Ken something] stood behind Dirrell 100%. Showtime mandated the fight so I really have a hard time thinking they'd support him in this unless it were a serious situation. If this were an injury made up to pull out of the tournament I couldn't see Showtime being so supportive, especially when the big American showdown just got canned.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Let's just see how it pans out until we grill him. If he goes on to fight someone other than Ward fairly soon then yeah roast him.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 10 2010, 02:52 PM) *
It doesn't require much courage to coast for a round, just moving around the ring for 3 minutes. Abraham was definitely looking to knock him out but Dirrell was already having an easy time getting away from him, he was even in the process of eluding him while he slipped. I just find it hard to believe that Dirrell took a dive in that fight, especially when tests have confirmed that he received some brain damage between the Abraham fight and now, can't quite say I think it's from training camp either.

I was kind of skeptical of the injury until the guy at Showtime[Ken something] stood behind Dirrell 100%. Showtime mandated the fight so I really have a hard time thinking they'd support him in this unless it were a serious situation. If this were an injury made up to pull out of the tournament I couldn't see Showtime being so supportive, especially when the big American showdown just got canned.

Good post..I'm backing up Dirrell too even though I wanted this fight to happen since day one of the tourney..Ward is my main guy in the tournament and all of boxing right now so I was expecting him to beat Dirrell but I wanted to see it happen..Hopefully Dirrell is able to come back to boxing soon..He has a definite future in boxing if he stays with it and didn't get too damaged from the Abraham incident..I think he'll come back as his normal self but ya never know..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.