Full Version: Best Movie Scenes?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG

The Joker - Why So Serious
Warlord
Gas Station scene in No Country for Old Men

Any Rocky training montage, especially from Rocky I and 4

The long fight scene in Old Boy that was filmed in one continuous take

Final scene of the spinning top in Inception.

A ton of scenes from Tombstone, but the showdown between Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo is a standout

Will add some more later. I can't add or view shit from youtube due to China's faggot-ass censorship, so I'd appreciate it if you guys actually listed the scenes you were contributing. Otherwise I just get a blank post. laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
Testing the brain bug in Starship Troopers and the battle scenes reminiscent of the classic scenes in Zulu and Zulu Dawn.

The climactic scene in The Shootist.

The "it's not safe" scene in Marathon Man.

The scene "the boy" is accepted into "the family" in The Road.

The hand to hand combat scene where the German soldier Hank's chooses to release kills Adam Goldberg in Saving Private Ryan. Possibly the most disturbing scene in cinematic history.

The chariot race in Ben Hur.

Scar wars scene in Jaws.

The whole battle from start to finish in We Were Soldiers.
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 10 2010, 05:08 AM) *
The long fight scene in Old Boy that was filmed in one continuous take

That scene is fucking epic. The best part is where he starts boxing with the knife sticking out of his back. I also heard the scene of him eating an entire live octopus was real.
JD
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 10 2010, 11:18 AM) *
That scene is fucking epic. The best part is where he starts boxing with the knife sticking out of his back. I also heard the scene of him eating an entire live octopus was real.

Went to a Halloween party Oh Dae-Su(?), knife in the back etc. Didn't go over that well. Had to explain my character to people. Kind of intimidated everyone.

I have been accused of being Alec Baldwin's character more than once. I cover the ABC's every single Monday morning.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper in True Romance.

Christopher Walken giving the watch speech in Pulp Fiction (although there are a ton of good scenes in that movie.)

Al Pacino's locker room speech in Any Given Sunday.

The opening scene of Gladiator.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 10 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Christopher Walken giving the watch speech in Pulp Fiction (although there are a ton of good scenes in that movie.)

The Wolf.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 10 2010, 01:52 PM) *

Ben Affleck's homage to this in The Boiler Room is pretty freakin good as well.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 10 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Ben Affleck's homage to this in The Boiler Room is pretty freakin good as well.

I watched the boiler room scene right after I watched this one.
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Oct 10 2010, 01:18 PM) *

Agreed.

Yep, the eating of the live octopus is real. I have a 3-disc special edition of Oldboy, and on one of the director's commentaries, he mentions the actor being a devout buddhist, and praying for hours before the scene took place.

Anyway, great movie, ton of fucking great scenes, but that fight scene was the best by far.

There's some bollywood rip-off of Oldboy out there. I'll try to find a poster of it later.

P.S. That incestuous dude's sister was smoking hot. Oh Dae Su's daughter.... not as much.
SmartyBeardo
The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, Lord of the Rings, Return of the King. The scene where the Rohim come over the rise and charge is one of the epic big screen scenes of all time.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 10 2010, 05:47 AM) *
The "it's not safe" scene in Marathon Man.

Excellent scene but the line is, "Is it safe?" that Laurence Olivier keeps repeating.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 10 2010, 03:51 PM) *
Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper in True Romance.

This is the first scene that comes into my mind whenever this question gets asked. An all out fucking classic. "That's of minor importance. What is of major fucking importance is that I believe you."

Another classic scene from a less heralded movie is "Near Dark" where the vampires come into the bar and kill everybody, including Bill Paxton slashing the bartender's throat with his spurs.

And of course, the "Go get your fucking shine box!" and "How am I funny?" scenes in "Good Fellas".
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
[quote name='Big Slim Sweet' date='Oct 11 2010, 12:21 AM' post='501061']
This is the first scene that comes into my mind whenever this question gets asked. An all out fucking classic. "That's of minor importance. What is of major fucking importance is that I believe you."
/quote]

Not only is it amazingly written but Hopper and Walken make every right choice you can make as an actor in that scene. They do so little but do so much. A true masterclass in cinema.
lloyd mayflower
The scene where Walter pulls the gun on Smoky at the bowling alley in the Big Lebowski. This is not 'nam Smoky this is bowling, there are rules
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 10 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Excellent scene but the line is, "Is it safe?" that Laurence Olivier keeps repeating.

Actually, I'm referring to the climactic scene where Dustin Hoffman responds to Olivier's "Is it safe?", with "It's not safe."
Method

....but you can't rank a pro w the amateurs....

Possibly the greatest movie of ALL TIME...

Spyder
What? No gangster flicks?

This is my favorite scene from one of the most underrated movies of all time...

Here's a mash-up of some famous "Last words"...

Snoop

Snoop
Spyder

JonnyBlaze
JD

Snoop
Spyder
Spyder
Method
Love me some some "Usual Suspects". "Keaton always said, 'I dont believe in God, but I fear him'. Well, I believe in God, and the only one I fear is Kaiser Souze". - Verbal Kint.

Denzel Washington in "Man on Fire" is about the best there is.

Method
25th Hour another GREAT movie.
Snoop
BigG
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.