Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the best fight happening between now and February 1?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
I won't pollute the bowl . . . I mean poll . . . until you have all had an opportunity to vote?

Off the flat spot on my head;

A. Quack v The Mexican Cocktail

B. da A-Train v Haye

C. Little Sis v C-Cup

D. Big Sis v Briggs

E. Lopez v Marquez

F. JMM v Katsidis

G. Berto v Hernandez

H. Smartinez v PWill

I. Maidana v Khan

J. Perez v Agbeko

K. Mares v Darchinyan

L. Ortiz v Kotelnik

M. Alexander v Bradley

N. Bhop v Pascal

O. Judah v Matysse

P. Tarver v Aguilera

Q. Vasquez v Hernandez

R. Caballero v Litzau

S. Green v Flores

T. Froch v Abraham

U. Bute v Brinkley

V. Guerro v Escobbedo

W. Rigondeux v Cordoba

X. Burgos v Hasegawa

Y. John v Saucedo

Z. Chavez Jr. v Gomez

oops . . . out of letters but Kirkland is fighting someone too, aint he?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 10 2010, 07:39 AM) *
I won't pollute the bowl . . . I mean poll . . . until you have all had an opportunity to vote?

Off the flat spot on my head;

A. Quack v The Mexican Cocktail

B. da A-Train v Ghaye

C. Little Sis v C-Cup

D. Big Sis v Briggs

E. Lopez v Marquez

F. JMM v Katsidis

G. Berto v Hernandez

H. Smartinez v PWill

I. Maidana v Khan

J. Perez v Agbeko

K. Mares v Darchinyan

L. Ortiz v Kotelnik

M. Alexander v Bradley

N. Bhop v Pascal

O. Judah v Matysse

P. Tarver v Aguilera

Q. Vasquez v Hernandez

R. Caballero v Litzau

S. Green v Flores

T. Froch v Abraham

U. Bute v Brinkley

V. Guerro v Escobbedo

W. Rigondeux v Cordoba

X. Burgos v Hasegawa

Y. John v Saucedo

Z. Chavez Jr. v Gomez

oops . . . out of letters but Kirkland is fighting someone too, aint he?

I know the most popular will probably be Williams/Martinez but for most action packed I'll go Katsidis/JMM and Lopez/Marquez. I think P-Will/Sergio could be a great fight but I think the other 2 I've just mentioned may turn out to be slightly better.

However when it comes to getting some of my casual boxing fan buddies to part with some cash and sit down and watch a fight it's a no brainer. Pac V. Plaster.
JD
Froch - Abraham, Katsidis - JMM, or Martinez Williams II
salvador
Wow, I hadn't realized how many interesting fights were coming up.

Lopez-Marquez is probably the most important even though Marquez is 35 - and Mares-Darchinyan could end up being FOTY. But as sad as it sounds (and as deserving as Williams-Martinez is), I gotta go with Pac-Marg. It's still amazing to me to think that those guys are going to fight given the massive size difference.

gravytrain
Froch vs Abraham. I think Abraham has been waiting for this fight so he can put the loss to Dirrell behind him, I fully expect him to not take the early rounds off and be fighting from the opening bell. I think Khan vs Maidana will be a good fight too.

Anyone expecting an "upset" in Ortiz vs Kotelnik?
Hittman25
khan vs maidana.......martinez vs williams 2.....marquez vs lopez.....abraham vs froch.............Pacqiauo vs Margrito.....in that order are the best fights too see...but ill be watchin all them fights
JLUVBABY
if i have to choose 1 id say marquez vs lopez has me most excited....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 10 2010, 04:56 PM) *
if i have to choose 1 id say marquez vs lopez has me most excited....

HANDS DOWN Marquez vs. Lopez..It'll be a great fight..

I still can't believe Ward vs Dirrell isn't happening..Really sucks..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 11 2010, 05:36 AM) *
HANDS DOWN Marquez vs. Lopez..It'll be a great fight..

I still can't believe Ward vs Dirrell isn't happening..Really sucks..

what ever happens in this fight its gonna be good and this fight personifies what boxing is supposed to be about... should lopez win which is not a gimmie im hopin and prayin they make lopez vs gamboa.... that is a fight fans fight... needs to happen sooner than later...
SmartyBeardo
So much for Ortiz v Kotelnik.
Method
Im not surprised AT ALL that Ward/Dirrell aint happening.

Matter of fact, it doesnt surprise me in the least that the 168 lb Tourney went to hell in a bucket. Called it months before it even started.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 17 2010, 07:29 AM) *
Im not surprised AT ALL that Ward/Dirrell aint happening.

Matter of fact, it doesnt surprise me in the least that the 168 lb Tourney went to hell in a bucket. Called it months before it even started.

Yeah Meth, I've kinda beaten that dog to death in another thread.

Call the damned thing off and let Ward v Bute happen with the winner facing the winner of Abraham v Froch.

Deep Six what never was close to Super.
AskTheBoxer

Lopez vs. Marquez

We're taking Marquez:
http://asktheboxer.com/sweet-science/news/...vs-marquez.html
ViperSniper
Out of such a large list I narrowed it down to my top 10 fights I'm looking forward in order.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 10 2010, 12:39 PM) *
E. Lopez v Marquez

H. Smartinez v PWill

N. Bhop v Pascal

F. JMM v Katsidis

K. Mares v Darchinyan

T. Froch v Abraham

M. Alexander v Bradley

J. Perez v Agbeko

I. Maidana v Khan

S. Green v Flores

I find it pretty impressive how so many high quality fights have been made in such a short amount of time. Us boxing fans are in for a real treat for the next 3 months.

yahoo.gif
salvador
QUOTE (AskTheBoxer @ Oct 27 2010, 04:42 PM) *

That's a pretty decent analysis.

The only issue you've left out is the fact that Marquez is 35 (very old for a featherweight) and has a lot of wear and tear on him. At 27, Lopez is coming into the very peak of his physical prime and Marquez is at the end of his career. In fact, I believe that if Marquez would have lost to Vasquez, that probably would have been Marquez's last fight. And the oldest story in boxing is the boxer who stays around too long and faces a younger, stronger guy on his way up. And the thing about both Marquez brothers is that they're too Mexican for their own good - they'd both prefer to go out on their shields rather than leave any money on the table.

Overall I agree that the odds are too skewed in Lopez's favor (-340 to win), but at the same time Marquez is going to have to use the hell out of his 35 year old legs to stay away from the body shots which will be coming early and often.

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 28 2010, 05:05 AM) *
That's a pretty decent analysis.

The only issue you've left out is the fact that Marquez is 35 (very old for a featherweight) and has a lot of wear and tear on him. At 27, Lopez is coming into the very peak of his physical prime and Marquez is at the end of his career. In fact, I believe that if Marquez would have lost to Vasquez, that probably would have been Marquez's last fight. And the oldest story in boxing is the boxer who stays around too long and faces a younger, stronger guy on his way up. And the thing about both Marquez brothers is that they're too Mexican for their own good - they'd both prefer to go out on their shields rather than leave any money on the table.

Overall I agree that the odds are too skewed in Lopez's favor (-340 to win), but at the same time Marquez is going to have to use the hell out of his 35 year old legs to stay away from the body shots which will be coming early and often.

Is it worth a thread comparing the Marquez Brothers v The Sisters Klit P4P?

I didn't think so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.