Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HGH
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
I was wondering what your all thoughts are about HGH..Not steroids but actual HGH enhancers,like pills..How are they different(steroids and HGH enchancers)??Do you think it helps a boxer??Are there side effects??I really don't know too much about it and was wondering what you all think..

There has been so much talk about it lately so I decided that I want to learn more about it..

Should these HGH enhancers be banned or just steroids??
gravytrain
They're different, used for similar reasons though: recovery, fat loss, to retain muscle, and build muscle. Just a different substance to promote those things. I don't know much about the side effects, shouldn't be too severe though. They can definitely help a boxer or any athlete though due to the effects I've listed.

I don't care to see them used in sports unless that sport legitimizes the substance and gives all athletes access to it.
HaydelHammer
I'd blood dope (EPO) if I were a boxer in this time. Run a couple cycles in camp and get off a week or so prior and coast through the fight without breaking a sweat and still show clean.

Hgh...wouldn't even need it unless I was moving up in weight just to get body more sturdy and full.

You can usually spot high HGH users a mile away..their skin looks like fuc'n rubber almost. flawless.
PR316
I'm no expert on the matter.

But anything unnatural I'd be against.

There's lot of speculations on who is on it, or who may have done it at some point and is still enjoying benefits from it.

But until someone gets caught, I'm not gonna get much into that.
flazi
man hgh is so therapuetic. I can see it being used by boxers for injuries but for overall mass/strength gain, steroids are more effective. I know people who have used hgh, ghrp, and hex (both ghrp and hex are gh releasing hormones, like doing 2 iu's of hgh a day) for rehabing nagging injuries and in a few months become injury free.
JLUVBABY
I dont know much about the issue but if it gives any type of unnatural advantage in a fight or any sporting event it shouldnt be used... sports should be acted out on an even and fair playing field.... now if the average joe blow wants to take roids or whatever i say its his body let him do it...
KookedKrack
HGH is used to grow muscle tissue but it also can cause organs to grow which is the reason a lot of pro-bodybuilders you see now a days look like they are pregnant yet they still have six packs.

I guess it would help a boxer moving up in weight I don't know how it would help actual performance in the ring though. Probably the most dangerous side effects of it is an enlarged heart and diabetes.
flazi
you would have to be using a long time to get those side effects, enlarged abdomen and heart.
JonnyBlaze
I've done some reading on it and from what I've read there are no side effects..Where have you guys heard of organs growing or hearts??Any articles to back that up??Are you sure it's from HGH enhancers or steroids??I'd assume steroids because like I said,everywhere I have read it says HGH is harmless(short term and long term) and has no side effects..

Liddell has a weird stomach peroid..haha..
STEVENSKI
I dunno about HGH but I sure want a pair of cheap Jordans.....
Warlord
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 11 2010, 09:27 PM) *
I've done some reading on it and from what I've read there are no side effects..Where have you guys heard of organs growing or hearts??Any articles to back that up??Are you sure it's from HGH enhancers or steroids??I'd assume steroids because like I said,everywhere I have read it says HGH is harmless(short term and long term) and has no side effects..

Liddell has a weird stomach peroid..haha..

I know Sylvester Stallone is a proponent for HGH, because it can help retard the aging process in men whose bodies are no longer producing the optimum level of testosterone. Specifically, I know he uses Jintropin, though I'm not sure what else he may be using in conjunction, whether they be stackers or additional supplements to reduce side effects.

As for side effects, there are those too, Jonny. Don't believe otherwise. The most common side effect is bone enlargement, especially around the face. You can take a look at Stallone's jaw in Rambo IV, and compare it to pictures from earlier in his career. A huge difference.

Other side effects are fluid retention, joint pain, and liver stress. Long term usage can lead to enlargement of organs (especially the heart), heart disease, liver failure, and even diabetes.

There are plenty of drugs out there purporting to reduce these side effects, but nothing can eliminate them.

I would recommend anyone looking to use HGH to enhance their performance to seek out the advice of former HGH users who are dealing with the repercussions of the drug, instead of advice from the guys trying to sell it to you.
Warlord
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 11 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Haha. Man the 1st page was pretty ugly for awhile. But I knew Jack would take care of it eventually.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 12 2010, 02:52 AM) *

laugh.gif

We had 98 unregistered guests searching our forums at that time. Probably all looking for cheap Jordans.
flazi
your intestines and heart have a large number of igf receptors, hgh gets converted into igf so if you are taking a lot of hgh for a long time, i am talking years without a break, then it will enlarge your heart and intestines and bones. If you cycle it, 6 mos on 3 off then the chances of those negative side effects being pronounced are reduced.
rusty_trombone
Damn Blaze, are you looking to get on the juice? I thought your trainer had done raised you better than that. Don't do it Johhny, HGH is a gateway drug, soon you'll be doing lines of blow off of some hookers taint in Manchester with Ricky Hatton. On second though, get on juice.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Oct 13 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Damn Blaze, are you looking to get on the juice? I thought your trainer had done raised you better than that. Don't do it Johhny, HGH is a gateway drug, soon you'll be doing lines of blow off of some hookers taint in Manchester with Ricky Hatton. On second though, get on juice.

hahaha..Not lookin to do HGH but wanted to know more..I was wondering why athletes do it besides the obvious and what the affects of it can be..I pretty much had no knowledge of it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.