Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deontay Wilder
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EAlbian
Deontay Wilder, the kid has always looked raw to me but although against a completely over matched opponent he looked calm, reserved, and for the first time fast. He was throwing in combinations and i'm somewhat hopeful for his future. Put this kid on TV and get the American public behind him
gravytrain
His promoter is GBP so I don't doubt he'll be on TV in the future, whether or not he turns out to be another Arreola is questionable.
Romulus9
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 12 2010, 11:01 PM) *
His promoter is GBP so I don't doubt he'll be on TV in the future, whether or not he turns out to be another Arreola is questionable.

Keeping him away from the drive-thru would be a big help.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 13 2010, 12:31 AM) *
Keeping him away from the drive-thru would be a big help.

I'll never understand how he thought he could take days off in training camp and not worry about his diet and conditioning.. Probably why he got his ass kicked by Vitali and Adamek.
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 13 2010, 12:38 AM) *
I'll never understand how he thought he could take days off in training camp and not worry about his diet and conditioning.. Probably why he got his ass kicked by Vitali and Adamek.

I dont understand how anybody could take a day off of training PERIOD.
EAlbian
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 12 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Easy to look good against a guy that looks like me.

He does look like he has some speed.

I like the fact that they have him fighting 5 times (at least) this year. Bringing him along.

i was basing my observation more off of the fact that he looked like what he has been working on with trainer mark breland is starting to be implemented. If you watched him in the olympics or some of his earlier fight he was nothing but a low jab and a big right hand, in this video it looked like he now has a good left hook and his feet underneath him. with an opponent like this he could have came in guns blazing and blasted the guy out but he effectively put the pressure on and did what he was suppose to do against a guy of that caliber. Im not saying this guy is the next American Heavyweight champ but he at least is starting to look like a pro , he was calm, he was throwing in combination, and he wasn't getting touched. something i havent seen from an American Heavyweight in some time. Arreola is garbage, always been garbage, and will always be garbage! I wouldnt worry about him coming in out of shape, the man is 6'7 220, if anything he needs to put another 10 to 20 lbs of muscle on. from a build stance alone this guy has the natural tools to fit into the heavyweight picture of today and be a force and he's only 24 so he's got time to learn
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.