Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight Night Champions
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
Just had a look to see if any Fight Night round 5 is going to be released, and apparently a new one is coming in 2011, but now it's going to be called "fight Night Champions". Not much info on it yet, but the graphics look good at it's early stage.

http://www.ea.com/games/fight-night-champion

Fight Night Champion
Game Info

Fight Night Champion will break the mold of what is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will be introduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes and experience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of world championship boxing.

Featuring a refined physics-based animation system that incorporates improved locomotion, punching and stamina mechanics, Fight Night Champion will enable users to move, attack and dodge with the speed and power of the best champions, contenders and pretenders in the world of boxing. In addition, an all-new control scheme, dubbed Full Spectrum Punch Control, will deliver the most realistic punching system ever seen in a simulation fighting game, while still delivering an accessible experience that will make Fight Night Champion the most user-friendly title in the franchise’s history.

Fight Night Champion will set a new standard for visual presentation with the most realistic boxer-likeness to date, fluid animations and damage that truly conveys the brutality of the sport of boxing.

Note: We inadvertently included the phrase “Let’s get ready to rumble” in one press release about Fight Night Champion. EA and Fight Night Champion are not associated or affiliated with, or sponsored or endorsed by, Michael Buffer or Ready to Rumble LLC.

JLUVBABY
i dont know why we dont have a fightnight legue on this board.... guess that makes too much sense... lol..
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 12 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Just had a look to see if any Fight Night round 5 is going to be released, and apparently a new one is coming in 2011, but now it's going to be called "fight Night Champions". Not much info on it yet, but the graphics look good at it's early stage.

http://www.ea.com/games/fight-night-champion

Pacquiao's head isn't big enough.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 12 2010, 06:50 PM) *
i dont know why we dont have a fightnight legue on this board.... guess that makes too much sense... lol..

Yeah you're right. We really need to stop slacking and get on that.
King Eugene
Hell I just bought FNR4 last month and can count on 1 hand how many times I've played it. I got to get caught up.
lloyd mayflower
Fitz only posted pics of Pacquiao, none of Floyd. Fuckin Pactard!!!
Snoop
Is he fighting Winky Wright?
JLUVBABY
king fitz.. its up to you my australian brother to get this fn league started...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 13 2010, 04:58 PM) *
I would, but first I have an Xbox, I am guessing some have PS3's, and the other thing is that I am in Australia. I would struggle to play with you guys. Would probably be way too much lag.

yep... i have ps3 and i know ceo has ps3 cuzz he has been whipped already several times on the game... lol... i dont think where you are would have as much to do with the lag as your connection huh?...
BigG
Am i the only that feels Fight Night went downhill after the FIRST? The first was BRILLIANT..easily the best boxing game I've ever played (next to Hajime no ippo). I didn't really like the other fight nights. Fight Night Round 2 felt too sped up and arcadeish...round 3 was better but it wasn't as good as the first.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 13 2010, 11:52 PM) *
Yeah it does unfortunately. Everything just lags for me, when I get an American server on Call of Duty, and sometimes even when I did play fight night online, if I got an American, it was just hard to play.

Fitz, that's just because Americans have a quicker reaction time than foreigners...and because we're better than everybody else.

Don't worry man. If we start a league, I'll take it easy on you...like I'm playing an American girl.
Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 15 2010, 01:11 AM) *
Fitz, that's just because Americans have a quicker reaction time than foreigners...and because we're better than everybody else.

Don't worry man. If we start a league, I'll take it easy on you...like I'm playing an American girl.

I doubt it, you are probably getting confused with the Aussie part of you laugh.gif

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 13 2010, 10:52 PM) *
Yeah it does unfortunately. Everything just lags for me, when I get an American server on Call of Duty, and sometimes even when I did play fight night online, if I got an American, it was just hard to play.

I also remember you and C.E.O. Didn't you tell him originally it was you beating him, and later told him it was your cousin playing? Haha. You funny bastard.

lol... man my lil cuzz put a bruisin on ceo... lol... thats my boy tho.. imma have to fight him one of these days... lol...
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 14 2010, 05:42 PM) *
I doubt it, you are probably getting confused with the Aussie part of you laugh.gif

It's amazing. I'm great in spite of that...

Run and Gun Game Calls
wow this actually looks decent
Snoop
Impressive graphics. But I'm on the fence about this whole "storyline" deal.
Method
Wow - screenshots of Paquiao/Wright. That must've been at a catchweight of 146.666666666666.
Method
It would be great if they could use HBO's announcing team, or have a few different announcing teams, depending on magnitude of fight. Joe Tessitore's voice seems to generic.

Additionally, it would be very cool if they used the voices of REAL professional trainers, as opposed to this random, generic shit they use.

Those two features I think would serve something REALLY AUTHENTIC to the game, and make it SO MUCH better.

As it is, the game is decent enough, but it never really does it for me, and I think its because, after a few fights, everything is so redundant - Joe Tessitore, the venues, the "canned" manager sound bytes, the venues...
KookedKrack
1st day purchase just like the other ones....roster is missing a few people but I'm sure EA will sell them to us via DLC like always.
Byrd Man
I've been playing the shit out of Fight Night Round 4 lately, and finally was able to retire as G.O.A.T. for the final trophy I was missing (that wasn't online).

My problem with the way they set up the online trophies, is that whoever has the belts won't fight anyone for them, and EA doesn't have anything in place that strips you for not fighting.

So you have these douchebags online who won't fight unless you pay them, or they simply pass them around between friends.

I've already done everything else in the game, but EA really screwed the pooch with their online belt trophies.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 24 2010, 01:23 PM) *
I've been playing the shit out of Fight Night Round 4 lately, and finally was able to retire as G.O.A.T. for the final trophy I was missing (that wasn't online).

My problem with the way they set up the online trophies, is that whoever has the belts won't fight anyone for them, and EA doesn't have anything in place that strips you for not fighting.

So you have these douchebags online who won't fight unless you pay them, or they simply pass them around between friends.

I've already done everything else in the game, but EA really screwed the pooch with their online belt trophies.

where have you been hiding byrdman?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Dec 24 2010, 03:50 PM) *
where have you been hiding byrdman?

I've been dealing with some health issues. Haven't been online a whole lot. Been lax in my thread policing lately. Might be demoted for that. laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Dec 24 2010, 08:54 PM) *
I've been dealing with some health issues. Haven't been online a whole lot. Been lax in my thread policing lately. Might be demoted for that. laugh.gif

hey man take care of your health.... fa real...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.