Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BRIGGS KO KLIT
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
blackbelt2003
First off, all common sense obviously points to Klit fighting carefully, Briggs getting gassed and Vit winning a wide decision or stopping him late.

I KNOW this.

So why the fuck do I have a sneaky feeling the Klitschko train is about to be derailed? Not sure why, it's just a hunch, but I keep seeing Shannon going in there and taking a suddenly old Klitschko out.

Can anyone else see it?

Black
King Eugene
From what I read on ESPN Briggs is pretty pissed and supposedly going for the KO. Should be interesting...too bad I wont get to see it.
Warlord
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Oct 15 2010, 06:04 AM) *
First off, all common sense obviously points to Klit fighting carefully, Briggs getting gassed and Vit winning a wide decision or stopping him late.

I KNOW this.

So why the fuck do I have a sneaky feeling the Klitschko train is about to be derailed? Not sure why, it's just a hunch, but I keep seeing Shannon going in there and taking a suddenly old Klitschko out.

Can anyone else see it?

Black

I hope not. You'll have every hater on the planet jumping in with their gay $0.02 about how a loss for the 40-year old Klit suddenly makes him a never-was has-been.
King Eugene
Briggs vs. Toney anyone?
King Eugene
laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 15 2010, 06:47 AM) *
Yeah, but even if he won 5 more fights and retired those morons would still attempt to make that case.

Guess you're right on the money there.
Warlord
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 15 2010, 06:46 AM) *
Briggs vs. Toney anyone?

I'd actually pick Toney to win that win one by... superior stamina... of all things.

And then Briggs would talk about how he doesn't want to make excuses, but the asthma held him back. And that, with all due respect, he's better than Joe Louis, because Joe Louis never had to fight with asthma.
jlupi
i still remember atlas's responce when briggs lost to wilson and blamed asthma and allergies to dustmites. Something along the lines of "first time I've heard that" Atlas denied Shannon even has asthma..
JD
Briggs has NO LEGS at all...he is going to get utterly abused.
lloyd mayflower
Vitali aint gettin KO'ed, and to be honest since passing the torch has been a hot topic here recently, does anyone really want to see Briggs be the man to knock a Klit off his perch? Anyway I dont see Vitali gettin KOed by anyone, never mind Briggs. If theres a KO in this fight, its in Klits favour. In the current division, Vitali will lose to time rather than opponent.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 15 2010, 09:39 AM) *
Briggs has NO LEGS at all...he is going to get utterly abused.

laugh.gif

My man JD, ALWAYS the leg connoisseur. lol
D-MARV
At least Briggs has the best looking girl!
BrutalBodyShots
Briggs has 1, maybe 2 rounds at most to make something happen. He's like a 15 year past prime Tyson where you might as well just turn the fight off at the end of round 2 if his opponent is still standing, because at that point you know the outcome. My guess is that Vitali can stand for 6 minutes.
blackbelt2003
I've always had a soft spot for Shannon Briggs, and as much as I respect the Klitschko's and admire them, I'm kinda hoping for an end to this heavyweight stalemate.

But it's not just wishful thinking, I just have a funny feeling about this one. I've had this funny feeling before a couple other upsets but never called them on here.

This time I'm gonna call it for no other reason that hunch. If it happens, best believe I'm putting cash money on the next one. If not, I'm a goonie.

Briggs TKO 3

Black
HaydelHammer
I just don't see briggs getting the ko. He fights like he's stuck in mud and fires his shots wound up tight (actually decreasing his reach) to much to even hit klitHoe.

Meanwhile KlitHoe will just layback, shot jabs and sh*t at briggs as he does his POOR 300lb shoulder rolls avoiding shots, stuck in mud with his left arm down by his waist....This fight will be a snooze fest with briggs getting retired if he even tries to extend himself beyond his breathing capacity.

Feel free to stop telecasting ALL heavy weight fights after this one. Have zero desire to even see HW's fight at all. Zero.
gravytrain
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Oct 15 2010, 12:32 PM) *
I just don't see briggs getting the ko. He fights like he's stuck in mud and fires his shots wound up tight (actually decreasing his reach) to much to even hit klitHoe.

Meanwhile KlitHoe will just layback, shot jabs and sh*t at briggs as he does his POOR 300lb shoulder rolls avoiding shots, stuck in mud with his left arm down by his waist....This fight will be a snooze fest with briggs getting retired if he even tries to extend himself beyond his breathing capacity.

Feel free to stop telecasting ALL heavy weight fights after this one. Have zero desire to even see HW's fight at all. Zero.

That's exactly why I hate when people say the division will be better when the Klits retire, it wont. It'll still be shitty, there just wont be such a huge disparity in skill between the top fighters and lower ranked cats. The division is such a joke, most of the fighters are either out of shape or have no boxing skills.
thehype
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 15 2010, 03:21 PM) *
That's exactly why I hate when people say the division will be better when the Klits retire, it wont. It'll still be shitty, there just wont be such a huge disparity in skill between the top fighters and lower ranked cats. The division is such a joke, most of the fighters are either out of shape or have no boxing skills.

Gatti and Ward weren't elite fighters, and yet, they put on 3 "classic" fights. In my opinion, the closer opponents are in skill means the fights will be more competitive and likely produce more fireworks.

I've always been of the opinion that the division doesn't suck because of the talent....but instead, the division sucks because of the matches being made.

That being said, Briggs is gonna get stopped in 4 or so rounds, blame it on his asthma and then test positive for steroids a month after the fight is over.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 15 2010, 03:58 PM) *
That being said, Briggs is gonna get stopped in 4 or so rounds, blame it on his asthma and then test positive for steroids a month after the fight is over.

But let me guess, the steroids will be for his asthma right? laugh.gif
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Oct 15 2010, 11:28 AM) *
I've always had a soft spot for Shannon Briggs, and as much as I respect the Klitschko's and admire them, I'm kinda hoping for an end to this heavyweight stalemate.

But it's not just wishful thinking, I just have a funny feeling about this one. I've had this funny feeling before a couple other upsets but never called them on here.

This time I'm gonna call it for no other reason that hunch. If it happens, best believe I'm putting cash money on the next one. If not, I'm a goonie.

Briggs TKO 3

I sparred with this guy about 19 years ago in Southcentral L.A. He had good handspeed for a heavyweight and hit hard as a muthafucka! But dam that was almost 1992. That was 45 pounds ago for me.
Black

gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 15 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Gatti and Ward weren't elite fighters, and yet, they put on 3 "classic" fights. In my opinion, the closer opponents are in skill means the fights will be more competitive and likely produce more fireworks.

I've always been of the opinion that the division doesn't suck because of the talent....but instead, the division sucks because of the matches being made.

When Ali retired people were wondering who the torch would be passed to, if there was a guy that could keep the HW division as the main focus. Mike Tyson came around and for the most part kept the division as the pinnacle of boxing. I just don't see the HW division regaining that spot in boxing with the fighters making up the HW division. Sure, when the Klits and Haye retire the belts will most likely be held by Americans but I don't see anyone that will be bringing the division back to its former glory.

There might be some guys with titles and HW fights getting coverage in America again but I don't think there will be a real champion for quite some time.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 15 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Briggs vs. Toney anyone?

No thanks.
Mean Mister Mustard
Briggs at least has the height to reach Vitali, and the power to hurt him, but other than that he sucks. That pretty much sums him up.
Warlord
Anyone have a source for the legal, free stream of Klit/Briggs tonight?
Run and Gun Game Calls
hell even the illegal one will do, lol
Warlord
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 16 2010, 12:58 AM) *
hell even the illegal one will do, lol

laugh.gif Yeah, but if I didn't specify legal stream we would've seen something like this:

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2010, 4:20 AM) *
Guys,

Illegal streaming and/or links to illegal streams is strictly prohibited here on Fighthype. We do this in order to protect not only Fighthype itself, but also the sport that we all love so much. Please keep this in mind when posting in the future. If you have any questions regarding what is or is not acceptable, please read through the user's agreement, or send me a PM.

Thanks,
-Jack

P.S. Great job, Hype! I totally agree!
Fitz
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 16 2010, 05:37 PM) *
laugh.gif Yeah, but if I didn't specify legal stream we would've seen something like this:

lol.

Ok, wishful thinking. Briggs sucks and apparently Vitali hasn't looked good recently. But I threw $13 at Briggs for a stoppage, at $11. Gives me $143 back. I think Vitali will win, but hoping I get lucky.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 15 2010, 09:53 AM) *
Briggs has 1, maybe 2 rounds at most to make something happen. He's like a 15 year past prime Tyson where you might as well just turn the fight off at the end of round 2 if his opponent is still standing, because at that point you know the outcome. My guess is that Vitali can stand for 6 minutes.

Tell that to Sergei Lyakovich.

laugh.gif

Anyway, my pick is Briggs quitting on his stool at the end of the 8th, having lost all 8 rounds on all 3 judges cards to that point.
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 16 2010, 06:37 AM) *

Guys,

Illegal streaming and/or links to illegal streams is strictly prohibited here on Fighthype. We do this in order to protect not only Fighthype itself, but also the sport that we all love so much. Please keep this in mind when posting in the future. If you have any questions regarding what is or is not acceptable, please read through the user's agreement, or send me a PM.

Thanks,
-Jack

P.S. Great job, Hype! I totally agree!

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Oct 15 2010, 06:04 AM) *

I KNOW this.

Can anyone else see it?

Black

Have another drink, Blackbelt!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!

That would be something if Shannon wins, I just don't see anyway that he can. What are the odds? Probably 15-1 in favor of Klitschko. The best we get is a good three round effort from Briggs and than blah a boring Klitschko win.

Jack
blackbelt2003
I'm a goonie.

Black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.