Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN3: Klitschko vs. Briggs@5PM(ET), 4PM (CT) 2PM (PT)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and reaction to the Klitschko-Briggs fight today. Keep all results and spoilers in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
anybody have a link please i.m me... dish network doesnt offer espn3...
JLUVBABY
never mind i have a solid link.. if anybody wants it im me..
KookedKrack
http://espn.go.com/espn3/#

starts at 4:50

edit pass that better link breh
JonnyBlaze
This shit is really annoying me..ESPN needs to put this on TV for everyone and not just people with ESPN3..I wanna see the Klitchkos fight and not through a shitty link..Strip them of the belts if you can't put them on TV for everyone..How fuckin stupid..I know a lot of you probably agree with it but I wanna see the Klitchkos fight..How many fights have they had that haven't been on TV(not ESPN3)??
KookedKrack
what the fuck am I watching?

Shitty music accompanied by a vid of this dude having a walk on the beach with his wife.

salvador
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 16 2010, 03:50 PM) *
This shit is really annoying me..ESPN needs to put this on TV for everyone and not just people with ESPN3..I wanna see the Klitchkos fight and not through a shitty link..Strip them of the belts if you can't put them on TV for everyone..How fuckin stupid..I know a lot of you probably agree with it but I wanna see the Klitchkos fight..How many fights have they had that haven't been on TV(not ESPN3)??

This is more abuse of boxing fans - no different than all the PPVs.

ESPN knows that boxing fans will protest the shit out of this kind of thing and pester the cable providers more than most other sporting fans would. It's ridiculous that this isn't on regular ESPN.

KookedKrack
cot damn @ those right hands

it's only the first round I don't see this going too far.
JD
LOL...Briggs has no chance to win a round.
gravytrain
This is sounding like it's pretty bad. It reminds me of a movie I watched about Joe Louis were people said they'd listen to his fights on the radio and know how bad he was whooping some ass, I'm just reading the comments on here and thinking Vitali is taking it to him worse than I thought it he would.
BigG
Does anyone have a stream? The espn aint working...
JD
Nah...Briggs is just doing his random burst, and then get slapped around.

caneman
Briggs gets another shot and don't do shit! So sad! The ESPN stream is working well here!
KookedKrack
those right hands are fucking brutal Briggs chin is top notch.
Maxy
Vitali is just methodically beating him up.
JD
Yes...this is a prolonged beatdown.
caneman
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 16 2010, 05:42 PM) *
those right hands are fucking brutal Briggs chin is top notch.

It is fixing to catch up to Briggs though!
JD
Briggs has a fat-head normally...but it is giant right now.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 16 2010, 05:46 PM) *
It is fixing to catch up to Briggs though!

Yup it looks like the beginning of the end after that 7th round.
caneman
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 16 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Yup it looks like the beginning of the end after that 7th round.

I guess you can say Briggs didn't just lay down but he may as well!
caneman
double post
Maxy
All Briggs has done is prove he can take a beating, this is just getting stupid now. His corner needs to pull him out.
caneman
What a total beat down! It should be stopped thumbsdown_anim.gif
Maxy
All credit to Briggs for staying on his feet in what was a terribly one sided beat down. Vitali hammered him but Briggs showed so much heart to last the 12 rounds. Never looked like he could win, but then we all knew he couldn't anyway.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 16 2010, 06:13 PM) *
All credit to Briggs for staying on his feet in what was a terribly one sided beat down. Vitali hammered him but Briggs showed so much heart to last the 12 rounds. Never looked like he could win, but then we all knew he couldn't anyway.

Any knockdowns?
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 16 2010, 05:15 PM) *
Any knockdowns?

Nope, which is pretty amazing considering some of the shots Shannon took. Seriously man, he didn't ever look in the fight but he earned his dollars tonight. Respect.
BrutalBodyShots
Damn 120-105 and 120-107 twice?

Can't remember the last time I saw a fight that one sided on the cards, especially with no knockdowns.

One judge scored three 10-8 rounds without any knockdowns... just shows how brutally one sided it was.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 16 2010, 06:25 PM) *
Damn 120-105 and 120-107 twice?

Can't remember the last time I saw a fight that one sided on the cards, especially with no knockdowns.

One judge scored three 10-8 rounds without any knockdowns... just shows how brutally one sided it was.

It sounds like it's pretty bad, I'm really surprised Brigg's corner didn't stop it. I can respect him for going the distance but there's really no point to going 12 rounds if you'll just be pummeled and have no chance of winning.
Jack 1000
I think some may see the Klits as somewhat entertaining because of how they dominate. I still find them boring because it has been the same formula of jab, hold and look for the overhand right for 12 rounds. I think the brothers COULD be entertaining so much more so, if they would take chances and throw more combinations, getting these mediocre opponents out of there faster. And given their recent opposition, they COULD do this, but choose not to.

Earlier in their careers, both brothers took far more risks with fighting inside, and were more enjoyable to watch than they are now. I still want to see a unification with each brother vs. David Haye. Than if Haye actually fights pissed, we might have a brawl with the Klitschkos, which boxing has not seen for a long time.

Jack
BGv2.0
I did not even try to watch this....WTF is ESPN 3 anyway???!!!

It sounds like Briggs pulled another one of his plodding forward yet doing nothing fights.

Was it so much that Vitali was beating him to the punch....or simply that Briggs was coming forward eating shots and thowing ZERO in return....as he has done in the past.

I really don't get late career Briggs....the Briggs of 1996 that fought Lewis would have at the very least took it to Vitali...even if it meant getting KO'd.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Oct 16 2010, 10:43 PM) *

It sounds like Briggs pulled another one of his plodding forward yet doing nothing fights.

Was it so much that Vitali was beating him to the punch....or simply that Briggs was coming forward eating shots and thowing ZERO in return....as he has done in the past.

I really don't get late career Briggs....the Briggs of 1996 that fought Lewis would have at the very least took it to Vitali...even if it meant getting KO'd.

espn3 is a damn joke... your tv provider has to offer it to be able to watch it online number 1 and 2 the providers, other than at&t sound like shit companies... ive never heard of any of them...

you are right the younger shannon briggs would have either k.o'd or been k.o'd trying... briggs biggest claim to this fight was going all 12.. after that he was dominated... he never gave himself a chance to have a chance to win...
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Oct 16 2010, 11:43 PM) *

ESPN3 streams games and fights, you just have to have an internet provider they do business with to watch them.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 16 2010, 11:38 PM) *
I think some may see the Klits as somewhat entertaining because of how they dominate. I still find them boring because it has been the same formula of jab, hold and look for the overhand right for 12 rounds. I think the brothers COULD be entertaining so much more so, if they would take chances and throw more combinations, getting these mediocre opponents out of there faster. And given their recent opposition, they COULD do this, but choose not to.

Earlier in their careers, both brothers took far more risks with fighting inside, and were more enjoyable to watch than they are now. I still want to see a unification with each brother vs. David Haye. Than if Haye actually fights pissed, we might have a brawl with the Klitschkos, which boxing has not seen for a long time.

Jack

That's how I feel about them. I mean with such a lack of quality opponents and overmatching the majority of opponents they've faced and will face they could easily be getting the guys out of there at any time they want. If they took advantage of their situation the networks would still be behind them and I really doubt anyone would say the division is dead.

JLUVBABY
WOW guys... briggs really got busted up in the fight... he's in I.C.U in germany... read this...

Briggs in critical condition

Heavyweight title challenger Shannon Briggs is reportedly in critical condition in the intensive care unit at the University Hospital Eppendorf in Hamburg. Briggs suffered fractures below both eyes as well as a concussion, after taking dozens of hard shots from WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko on Saturday night according to RTL. The good news is that he is responsive. Briggs also suffered a pulled tendon and torn muscle in his right arm.

He was rushed to the hospital after the fight as doctors feared a possible cerebral hemorrhage after observing symptoms associated with neurological disturbances and drowsiness.
October 17th, 2010
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2010, 06:36 AM) *
WOW guys... briggs really got busted up in the fight... he's in I.C.U in germany... read this...

Heavyweight title challenger Shannon Briggs is reportedly in critical condition in the intensive care unit at the University Hospital Eppendorf in Hamburg. Briggs suffered fractures below both eyes as well as a concussion, after taking dozens of hard shots from WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko on Saturday night according to RTL. The good news is that he is responsive. Briggs also suffered a pulled tendon and torn muscle in his right arm.

He was rushed to the hospital after the fight as doctors feared a possible cerebral hemorrhage after observing symptoms associated with neurological disturbances and drowsiness.
October 17th, 2010

Didn't see it but all I had to do was read thehype's round by round to get the picture that Briggs was on the verge of a Du Ku Kim incident. You just can't take that kind of punishment (no matter how big, brave and thick skulled you are), and escape serious repercussions. That fight should have been stopped. Every account of it suggests that it should have. His corner should have stopped it. The ref should have stopped it.

This was not a Yuri Foreman leg injury situation. This was a one sided beat down that had brain damage written all over it.

This sheds a different light on results like Maidana v Ortiz (though Ortiz should have kept his mouth shut for his career's own good), as mexi-cutioner mentioned in another thread.

Please don't start with the "that's the price you pay" ignorance. This kind of shit is what will lead to restrictions and bans on boxing if it is not curtailed and self policed.
JLUVBABY
id say from bout round 6 or so on it was a methodical beatdown... i dont see how vitali didnt knock the guy out.. hard chin or not there is only so much a man can take before his body folds...
BigG
Much props to Briggs for the WARRIORS heart and props to Klitschko faggot...I still go for Haye if they ever fight

or maybe not..LOL...man I hate the Klitschko's but they are fuckin dominant. Particularly Vitali because he's tougher and is so strong compared to anyone he fights (Wlad more skilled and better jab).
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BigG @ Oct 17 2010, 08:15 AM) *
Much props to Briggs for the WARRIORS heart and props to Klitschko faggot...I still go for Haye if they ever fight

I go for anyone v The Sisters, on principle. Kind of like pulling for anyone but the Yankees all of my life.

Go C-Cup (and the Giants).
Run and Gun Game Calls
After watching the fight two things stand out. Vitalli to me is the better heavyweight of the two brothers at the moment. Briggs tried early to apply pressure, but couldnt hurt vitalli, or even hit him flush very often. Vitalli didnt run and jab though, he stayed in the pocket and boxed with briggs.

Secondly, Briggs proved alot to me, and made me kinda sad actually. He could have been so much more as a heavyweight, but the desire wasnt there.

If Briggs fully recovers, I believe an exciting heavyweight fight that I would pay to see is briggs v/s peter. Sam peter has the edge in power, but briggs and peter imo would be an exciting fight to watch
Maxy
Well the referee perhaps should have stopped the fight but honestly, I thought Briggs' corner should have pulled him out. It was one sided and painful.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
JLUVBABY
even yesterday, in my opinion vitali looks beatable as all hell... he needs a guy in front of him thats willing to fight him back... just setting back taking punches for 12 rounds wont cut it... i know you guys wont agree but id like to see tony thompson get a shot at vitali... i think he has a style that will make for a pretty damn good fight... he will fight vitali back... and he has the reach to contend with vitalis jab... im convinced he will touch vitali with some shots that shannon wasnt willing to throw yesterday...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2010, 08:25 AM) *
even yesterday, in my opinion vitali looks beatable as all hell... he needs a guy in front of him thats willing to fight him back... just setting back taking punches for 12 rounds wont cut it... i know you guys wont agree but id like to see tony thompson get a shot at vitali... i think he has a style that will make for a pretty damn good fight... he will fight vitali back... and he has the reach to contend with vitalis jab... im convinced he will touch vitali with some shots that shannon wasnt willing to throw yesterday...

From the sound of the medical report, he might have been unable to pull the trigger.
Run and Gun Game Calls
vitali doesnt really have a jab to contend with. Watch the Briggs fight, Vitalli keeps his left at his hip and just slaps with it most of the time. He uses it as a range finder for his right hand, but doesnt really throw a jab most of the time.

And Briggs tried to fight him, he just got hammered everytime he got in range of the right hand
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 17 2010, 10:34 AM) *
vitali doesnt really have a jab to contend with. Watch the Briggs fight, Vitalli keeps his left at his hip and just slaps with it most of the time. He uses it as a range finder for his right hand, but doesnt really throw a jab most of the time.

And Briggs tried to fight him, he just got hammered everytime he got in range of the right hand

that right hand was clubbing and landed all fight long.. well i really started to seeing it on a constant basis it seemed bout the 3rd or 4th round... by round 6 that fight was over... briggs fought the wrong fight early in my opinion... he should have attacked early and let it do what it do.. i hope he calls it a day... losing ya last fight to the heavyweight champ in a couragous effort is not a bad way to go out..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2010, 08:36 AM) *

October 17th, 2010

Damnnnn..Klitchko is no joke..Hope Briggs is ok..The corner should have stopped it and I didn't even see it unfortunately..

Klitchko is a beast..I don't see anyone beating him..
Run and Gun Game Calls
fight is available on youtube
Mean Mister Mustard
David Haye is a different fighter than Briggs, but I'm pretty sure that after seeing that neither Klitshko is shot he's not going to go anywhere near them any time soon. I wouldn't blame him, but he should stop talking so much smack.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 17 2010, 01:59 PM) *
David Haye is a different fighter than Briggs, but I'm pretty sure that after seeing that neither Klitshko is shot he's not going to go anywhere near them any time soon. I wouldn't blame him, but he should stop talking so much smack.

I like the trash talking, I think the animosity between Haye and the Klits coupled with Haye being able to challenge them will make for a good fight.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Does anyone honestly believe Haye can challenge them? I dont
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 17 2010, 10:21 AM) *
After watching the fight two things stand out. Vitalli to me is the better heavyweight of the two brothers at the moment. Briggs tried early to apply pressure, but couldnt hurt vitalli, or even hit him flush very often. Vitalli didnt run and jab though, he stayed in the pocket and boxed with briggs.

Secondly, Briggs proved alot to me, and made me kinda sad actually. He could have been so much more as a heavyweight, but the desire wasnt there.

If Briggs fully recovers, I believe an exciting heavyweight fight that I would pay to see is briggs v/s peter. Sam peter has the edge in power, but briggs and peter imo would be an exciting fight to watch

Briggs and Peter WOULD have been exciting to watch a good 5-8 years ago. But Shannon's health is to dangerous to continue fighting, plus his age. He needs to call it a day.

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 17 2010, 03:12 PM) *
Does anyone honestly believe Haye can challenge them? I dont

Well the HW division isn't exactly loaded with talent so he's really the best the division has to offer. Haye can work some things to his advantage, I can't say I think he'll win though. I do think he's good enough to challenge the Klits and he's them mad enough to fight him if he puts that pressure on them.

I think he could get the upset against Wlad but then get knocked around vs Vitali.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.