Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: h.o.f
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
darroy
after tarver's fight last night and what he's accomplished do you think he is or isn't a hall of famer and why or why not? i think if i had to vote it's hard for me to vote yes because he only has a few quality wins (jones jr 2x, g johnson once, and solid guys like harding and a faded m griffin). but while hard to vote yes i prolly would though not first ballot. hell, when you look at joe frazier's resume he only has 1 win over ali and solid guys like quarry and bonevena so i would say yes. thoughts anyone........ ya or nay and why?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I hate Tarver but I would vote yes. He beat a practically 'unbeaten' Roy Jones. Knocked him out when no-one was even winning rounds off of him. Beat him again and also beat Glen Johnson. Probably enough.

I am conflicted though because he lost to a lot of elite fighter, Jones, Johnson, Hopkins, Dawson and also to Harding.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Everyone has an opinion on how drained roy was and what he had left in the tank when he fought Tarver. other than the jones wins, the body of work just isnt there so I say no
JLUVBABY
tarvers claim to fame is his victories over jones who basically shot himself by cutting all that weight to move down... he was never the same after his move to heavyweight... he should have stayed there... back to tarver... hes a good solid fighter at best... not a hall of famer in my opinion... should he luck up and win a major title at heavyweight maybe ill give him a pass but really the guy isnt one of those SPECIAL fighters and we really need to re-look at the boxing hall of fame if a fighter can beat one great and be considered a lock to enter.... seems to me like its getting to easy to get in there these days... the hall should be RESERVED for the true greats...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 17 2010, 08:19 AM) *
tarvers claim to fame is his victories over jones who basically shot himself by cutting all that weight to move down... he was never the same after his move to heavyweight... he should have stayed there... back to tarver... hes a good solid fighter at best... not a hall of famer in my opinion... should he luck up and win a major title at heavyweight maybe ill give him a pass but really the guy isnt one of those SPECIAL fighters and we really need to re-look at the boxing hall of fame if a fighter can beat one great and be considered a lock to enter.... seems to me like its getting to easy to get in there these days... the hall should be RESERVED for the true greats...

I agree that it is too easy to get into the HOF. I am not certain that Frazier deserves to be there. He would be on the bubble if I was in charge of the choosing.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 17 2010, 10:57 AM) *
I agree that it is too easy to get into the HOF. I am not certain that Frazier deserves to be there. He would be on the bubble if I was in charge of the choosing.

theres a lot of guys that just dont belong... i mean they are great guys but the hall should be reserved in my opinion for the most outstanding fighters... the guys that made true impacts on the sport, and the fighters that laid it all on the line every time out and fought for legacy... i dont know beardo... i cant tell you every fighter thats in the hall but i can tell you half probably dont belong... certain names come to mind but imma leave that alone... lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.