Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute Vs Pavilk
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Hittman25
what would be the best move for kelly pavlik after his fight with vera on november13....would it suit him better to try and fight the winner of william martinez or fight lucian bute for another world title.........i personally think martinez and williams will be a trilogy unless martinez KOs williams or vice versa but i think the best move for kelly is being the first to beat bute and trying to get a fight with the super six winner........what do u mofos got to say.....i think froch and pavlik would be ku to watch.
gravytrain
It's hard to say. If he was actually really drained for his fight with Martinez at 160 and will be more capable of fighting at 168 I think could do well against the better super middles. He won rounds when he boxed with Martinez, he just seemed to be lacking the stamina to box consistently though.

I think he should take a fight with Bute rather than the winner of the super six though.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 22 2010, 01:31 PM) *
It's hard to say. If he was actually really drained for his fight with Martinez at 160 and will be more capable of fighting at 168 I think could do well against the better super middles. He won rounds when he boxed with Martinez, he just seemed to be lacking the stamina to box consistently though.

I think he should take a fight with Bute rather than the winner of the super six though.

I'm not sure that a fight with Bute would be the best move for Pavlik. Bute is way more powerful and just as slick as SMartinez. It would be a decent payday but it also could be his last. But he would stand a puncher's chance.
SENTRAL
I personally would not be in favor of a Bute-Pavlik fight at all. My take on it is Pavlik would be utterly destroyed.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 22 2010, 11:20 PM) *
I'm not sure that a fight with Bute would be the best move for Pavlik. Bute is way more powerful and just as slick as SMartinez. It would be a decent payday but it also could be his last. But he would stand a puncher's chance.

I give him a better chance against Bute than the winner of the Super Six, neither of them beat the winner of the Super Six.
SENTRAL
I'm not much of a Pavlik fan either and I rate Bute as the best at 168 so I see this as a fight Kelly not only can't win, but can't compete either. It will be a cruel, one-sided mismatch with Pavlik suffering a painful stoppage defeat. Maybe I do want to see it after all!!
Hittman25
kelly pavlik isnt my favortie boxer either but for his background and what martinez and hopkins done to him i think hes gonna look better with his next fight and i give him more than a punchers chance agaisnt bute....bute is good and all but i dont see him staying undefeated if he fights ne other of the top super middles....
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Oct 23 2010, 06:14 AM) *
I'm not much of a Pavlik fan either and I rate Bute as the best at 168 so I see this as a fight Kelly not only can't win, but can't compete either. It will be a cruel, one-sided mismatch with Pavlik suffering a painful stoppage defeat. Maybe I do want to see it after all!!

I could see that as a worst case scenario. Pavik has not been the same fighter since Hopkins beat the shit out of him and Bute just seems to be getting better. Even the controversial ending to the first Andrade fight, Bute was clearly ahead up to the point. Bute is on the upward trend, Pavlik is on the downward trend. Maybe at best Pavlik could be competitive early, but I think Bute stops him late, I will say Bute by TKO 11 (ref stoppage or corner retirement.) At the time of the stoppage, I'll say Bute has something like a 7-3 lead in rounds on all scorecards.

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Oct 23 2010, 01:20 PM) *
kelly pavlik isnt my favortie boxer either but for his background and what martinez and hopkins done to him i think hes gonna look better with his next fight and i give him more than a punchers chance agaisnt bute....bute is good and all but i dont see him staying undefeated if he fights ne other of the top super middles....

The thing about Pavlik is he simply isn't going to regain the former glory unless he changes his team around. He's not going to get rid of Loew and will keep training like he's always trained, for that he'll never be back in that spot again. He might have a good fight at 168 but ultimately he's just going lose once again and there's seldom a third act in boxing. However, I think unless Pavlik is completely shot he'll show that Bute isn't as nice as some people think.

JonnyBlaze
Bute would box his ears off and maybe stop him..Pavlik has never looked good above 160 in my opinion and this just adds to the trouble he'd be in in this fight..
PR316
Bute would beat the holy hell out of him.

Worse than either Hopkins or Martinez did.

He'd stop Pavlik.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Oct 23 2010, 06:14 AM) *

I've often thought you've got a little wet spot in your panties for Bute. laugh.gif

I think Bute will win for no other reason than from what I understand Pavlik's habits are spiralling out of control and he's on that downward slide we see to often in boxing. I just finished re-watching his first fight with Taylor and he showed decent potential in that fight. OK he was never going to be a super technical type of fighter, but at the time Taylor was proving a difficult puzzle to solve and one that neither Hopkins nor Wright had been able to solve definatively (although I both thought they won fights against him.)

I think the second round apart Kelly really dominated their fight and I would say it's sad to see him regress like this except I don't particularly like Pavlik, so therefore seeing Bute smash him to pieces would be an enjoyable prospect in my book.

The minute you disrespect this sport it disrespects you back twice as hard. It stumps why young fighters make this same mistake over and over again.
gravytrain
The problem with Pavlik is he's really loyal and set in his ways. He's not going to be an elite fighter with Jack Loew in his corner and not going to be an elite fighter training out of his parents' home either. He needs to get with a trainer that will actually teach him to box, set him up with some learning fights, and get him some camps away from distractions. This guy is pretty rudimentary, had a hard time making weight, and had a long layoff yet banked a lot of rounds against Martinez. He's talent but needs to bring the best out of himself.

However, I don't give a fuck about Bute so I give Pavlik about a 35% chance of beating him and 50% chance of showing Bute isn't the fighter everyone thinks he's. If anything Pavlik's hard head will hopefully soften the fists of Bute so they'll break in his defining fight and he'll lose by a savage KO.
JLUVBABY
pavliks people must be looking to cash out on him... bute is the absolute wrong fight for pavlik...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2010, 07:04 PM) *
I've often thought you've got a little wet spot in your panties for Bute. laugh.gif

Very creepy Ollie..Calm yourself down..hahaha..

nono.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Oct 24 2010, 11:22 PM) *
Very creepy Ollie..Calm yourself down..hahaha..

nono.gif

She does! She keeps going on about his sweet uppercuts and how he will brutalize Pavlik and other such shit. It's like she's Bute's own boobie enhanced cheer squad. And I'm sure given time she will admit to this rolleyes_anim.gif

All in all I'll take her 'thang' for Bute over your hard-on for Vander laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2010, 11:45 PM) *
She does! She keeps going on about his sweet uppercuts and how he will brutalize Pavlik and other such shit. It's like she's Bute's own boobie enhanced cheer squad. And I'm sure given time she will admit to this rolleyes_anim.gif

All in all I'll take her 'thang' for Bute over your hard-on for Vander laugh.gif

Good point and I'm glad you feel this way..hahaha..I don't think we could be cool anymore if you said otherwise.. friends.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 25 2010, 01:31 AM) *
Maybe if they are wet, we could use her panties as a fight hype prize for predictions or something? First prize SENTRAL's panties and second prize, the fighthype t-shirt?

If Fitz won the wet panties,he'd have those things attached to his face for days..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 25 2010, 02:31 AM) *
Maybe if they are wet, we could use her panties as a fight hype prize for predictions or something? First prize SENTRAL's panties and second prize, the fighthype t-shirt?

Well I'm sure it would certainly see an an increase in players which is something she has requested. You may even start playing again Fitz, haha.

However I'm not sure there is much of an upside for SENTRAL, winning her own panties. I'm pretty sure I would find it hard to get enthused about competing for my own underwear. Maybe Hype could have a word to Bute's management and get them to send her a signed jockstrap if she wins laugh.gif

I can't see many people wanting to play for the tee shirt. As a prize that would suck all of a sudden laugh.gif
ViperSniper
I think Pavlik is better off getting a beating from either smaller fighter in the winner of Williams-Martinez II rather than the bigger, heavier handed Bute. Pavlik would not get past either fighters but by saying that all paychecks point to those directions though...the beatings will come.. laugh.gif
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Oct 25 2010, 04:52 AM) *
I think Pavlik is better off getting a beating from either smaller fighter in the winner of Williams-Martinez II rather than the bigger, heavier handed Bute. Pavlik would not get past either fighters but by saying that all paychecks point to those directions though...the beatings will come.. laugh.gif
Don't count Pavlik out! He's a slick boxer that can walk you down. This dude ain't no walk in the park for Bute. I don't see Kelly winning but I don't see Bute doing anything but getting a medioric decision.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 25 2010, 08:15 PM) *
Don't count Pavlik out! He's a slick boxer that can walk you down. This dude ain't no walk in the park for Bute. I don't see Kelly winning but I don't see Bute doing anything but getting a medioric decision.

Slick like elusive,flowing with their footwork,and very loose with everything??That's what I think of when I hard the work slick..Pavlik doesn't do/be any of those things like..Pavlik has choppy footwork and is a 1-2 movement..Benny Leonard's feet would move as 1 movement..
PR316
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 25 2010, 09:15 PM) *

Sorry bro Pavlik is anythign but a slick boxer.

He's got size, a nice jab, and decent power. Very little else though. Not much in terms of head movement, footwork, or reflexes.

Bute is fast, has good power, and is versatile. Bad style matchup for Pavlik there.

Don't see how he lasts the distance honestly.
King Eugene
LMAO at Pavlik being slick. The only thing slick about him may be his bald head but thats it.

Pavlik is about to take one hell of an ass whippin. I'd be very surprised if he makes it to the last bell.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 26 2010, 02:15 AM) *

I agree Pavlik can walk many fighters down..just not these fighters that's all. These dudes have a lil too much for a bland, slow, chinny, flimsy 1-2 fighter to work out. Martinez has already shown he can not only beat Pavlik but also clown his ass in the process, which I'm sure he'd do again.

Pavlik may still be able to beat some solid comp...maybe, I just don't see him having enough to beat any of the top dogs..that's all.

Sign the dotted lines Kelly spiteful.gif
TheFonz
He should take his one last beating a retire. No shame.
The Original MrFactor
Bute = Martinez with heavier hands...

Goodnight Pavlik.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Oct 26 2010, 03:37 AM) *
I agree Pavlik can walk many fighters down..just not these fighters that's all. These dudes have a lil too much for a bland, slow, chinny, flimsy 1-2 fighter to work out. Martinez has already shown he can not only beat Pavlik but also clown his ass in the process, which I'm sure he'd do again.

Pavlik may still be able to beat some solid comp...maybe, I just don't see him having enough to beat any of the top dogs..that's all.

Sign the dotted lines Kelly spiteful.gif

Hopkins took this guys confidence. He didnt look confident at all in the ring withj Martinez. KP needs several easy tune ups where he can re-establish his power and accurate punching. Plus i've heard rumblings about a drinking problem with him. he has to comitt to either fighting or drinking. A man cannot have 2 masters. I enjoyed watching KP fights because the kid was a dynamic fighter with good KO power. He seems to be just a shell of himself now.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 29 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Hopkins took this guys confidence. He didnt look confident at all in the ring withj Martinez. KP needs several easy tune ups where he can re-establish his power and accurate punching. Plus i've heard rumblings about a drinking problem with him. he has to comitt to either fighting or drinking. A man cannot have 2 masters. I enjoyed watching KP fights because the kid was a dynamic fighter with good KO power. He seems to be just a shell of himself now.

Despite how unimpressed & interested I've always been of Pavlik, I must say he has always fought the best (except when he temporarily suffers from a lil staph), but was perhaps rushed a little too quickly after the 1st Taylor fight. Despite my thoughts and the move up in weight to see how Hopkins ripped apart a respected undefeated fighter who was over 10 years younger with class that night, was a thing of beauty. Yup, Hopkins zapped a lot out that night as he outclassed, beatin & discouraged Pavlik with his experience & hunger. Pavlik is a big over archeiver but by saying that I never did nor do I ever see him reaching peoples expectations.

I eventually want to see Williams-Pavlik biggrin.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Oct 29 2010, 09:12 PM) *
Despite how unimpressed & interested I've always been of Pavlik, I must say he has always fought the best (except when he temporarily suffers from a lil staph), but was perhaps rushed a little too quickly after the 1st Taylor fight. Despite my thoughts and the move up in weight to see how Hopkins ripped apart a respected undefeated fighter who was over 10 years younger with class that night, was a thing of beauty. Yup, Hopkins zapped a lot out that night as he outclassed, beatin & discouraged Pavlik with his experience & hunger. Pavlik is a big over archeiver but by saying that I never did nor do I ever see him reaching peoples expectations.

I eventually want to see Williams-Pavlik biggrin.gif

From the looks of it, "peoples expectations" have been lowered dramatically.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 26 2010, 01:41 AM) *
LMAO at Pavlik being slick. The only thing slick about him may be his bald head but thats it.

Pavlik is about to take one hell of an ass whippin. I'd be very surprised if he makes it to the last bell.

Hahaha, that's the truth.

I'll be a bit fair here and say that a lot of you are severely underrating Pavlik. He got schooled by Hopkins, but he put up a hell of a fight against Martinez. It's not like "Maravilla" dominated him like Hopkins did. If Pavlik could somehow make 160 without compromising his stamina, then he will be very hard to beat for any of the current crop of 160 pounders.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 30 2010, 05:14 AM) *
From the looks of it, "peoples expectations" have been lowered dramatically.

Peoples original expectation and/or anyone's now who believes he can beat any of the fighters mentioned in this thread is what I was trying to get at. I guess that just shows how little I think of Pavlik.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 30 2010, 05:20 AM) *
Hahaha, that's the truth.

I'll be a bit fair here and say that a lot of you are severely underrating Pavlik. He got schooled by Hopkins, but he put up a hell of a fight against Martinez. It's not like "Maravilla" dominated him like Hopkins did. If Pavlik could somehow make 160 without compromising his stamina, then he will be very hard to beat for any of the current crop of 160 pounders.

Pavlik managed to take some rounds in the middle when Martinez slowed down and get the knockdown (reason why I can see what your saying) that said, I feel that had more to do with Martinez stopping what he was dong, apposed to what Pavlik did. If they fight again I don't think Pavlik is doing much more than the first as his he would hope for Martinez to lose a step come fight night or tire down.

Martinez controlled the fight and when on his game he was dominating the action in good fashion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.