Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: thehype's "Front Page" PBF Interview
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
SmartyBeardo
It definitely impressed me. Or should that be definitively?
gravytrain
None really, I don't expect Mayweather to be the person he portrays himself as. People forget that the Floyd Mayweather at a press conference or on 24/7 is a person trying to sell a fight. And let's be honest, he hasn't even hit a woman on 24/7 so it has to be scripted.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I understand a that you have to stroke a huge ego to get elite interviews, but I thought Hype was gonna offer to wash his back for a moment.

Just ribbin ya hype, lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 23 2010, 06:57 PM) *
I understand a that you have to stroke a huge ego to get elite interviews, but I thought Hype was gonna offer to wash his back for a moment.

Just ribbin ya hype, lol

How do you know the interview wasn't typed up in the big boy bathroom?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 23 2010, 06:59 PM) *
How do you know the interview wasn't typed up in the big boy bathroom?

It seemed like that. Reading it I had a weird 'G. Leon' flashback moment. It told me nothing more than what I expected. Floyd is full of bullshit.
JLUVBABY
i thought it was a good interview... ben didnt press on certain issues when it was obvious it wasnt up for discussion... i thought it wasa great job on bens part... fact is none of these guys are who they appear to be on camera...
alaganza
The "Money" part of Mayweather may be an "on screen" persona. However, he is a little too good at playing that role for it not to be a part of his personality.
Method
Great interview for The Wedding Channel.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 23 2010, 09:54 PM) *
I suppose the questions could have been submitted to PBF Inc and his publicist could have fashioned the response.

Most of us are on some level.

What part of PBF's responses were not direct and intelligent?

True, but he did get PBF to go on record (unambiguously) about a few issues that have been debated constantly since last winter.

I was thinking more like Vogue or People.

I'm not necessarily trashing Floyd's responses, I just wish the questions had been a little more hard hitting. Instead the interview felt a like a redux of previous interviews and Floyd is clearly on auto-pilot. Like Method said it sounded like something off the wedding chapel. A gratuitous backslapping session.

However, to an extent I understand Hype's position. Floyd is the biggest name in the sport right now and to snag an exclusive interview with him is no mean feat and certainly good for getting traffic to the site which is what I suppose we'd all like to see. To that extent it's the smart move not to ambush him with anything too heavy and it must feel nice to score one over Leon (although I suspect Hype would argue that he doesn't care what Leon does.)

Speaking of boxinqtalk I have read a few pieces that Stephen Edwards writes and I think he is doing good work over there. He does seem to know his onions and although I don't always agree with what he says he does back his arguments up with decent knowledge and logic. I'm liking his coverage of the Hopkins camp right now. Certainly an improvement on the dross that is Leg Geon.

I'd settle for People magazine laugh.gif

Mean Mister Mustard
Well we've already seen a bunch of people go at Mayweather in "debate" mode, and it always ends up with a hostile Mayweather. Hype tried the nice approach to get something else out of PBF though I don't agree with Hype's statement that HBO treats him differently because he's black. HBO bent over for Roy Jones while he was fighitng no hopers, and he's black. I also don't agree with Hype's contant use of the words "y'all".
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 23 2010, 09:23 PM) *
What questions would you have liked thehype to ask? What is it that you would like to know?

It seems to me like PBF has his priorities in order.

I would've pressed him harder on WTF 'Mayweather Promotions' actually does. I thought he got a free ride on that one. I would've liked to have known a bit more about the tax situation and why he isn't fighting again this year.

I would've liked his breakdown on the Marg/Pac fight and possibly the Martinez/Williams fight and would he face the winner.

I would like to know why it's only now at the very tailend of his career he has become so resolute about testing and why he hasn't asked for testing in the past. I would've asked him a little bit more around the whole Don King thing. a buch of stuff really. I could go on and on.

I definately would've asked him who 'Big Willie' was and if there was any truth to that rumour, however that probably would've been the last interview he would've done with FightHype laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Well we've already seen a bunch of people go at Mayweather in "debate" mode, and it always ends up with a hostile Mayweather. Hype tried the nice approach to get something else out of PBF though I don't agree with Hype's statement that HBO treats him differently because he's black. HBO bent over for Roy Jones while he was fighitng no hopers, and he's black. I also don't agree with Hype's contant use of the words "y'all".

Where's Hype from? I think you should give him a pass if he's from the southern US lol. I'm quite curious as to how HBO has treated Mayweather different though.
Warlord
Sycophancy.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 23 2010, 11:24 PM) *
All of the bolded is good stuff.

I thought there was plenty about the testing issue for one interview. I agree that there is much, much more I would have liked to have asked but thehype said as much at the end. It is easy to be critical of an interview piece. There is no doubt that he was being too chummy with the subject. But I appreciate this slice of PBF's life provided by thehype.

You and I might not like PBF's decisions but I respect how he has taken control of his life, for better or worse.

See that's the thing about the testing questions. There seemed to be a lot of questions about the testing without there being many questions about the testing if that makes any sense?

Agreed it is a delicate balance as Leon found out it doesn't matter how long you've been friendly with Floyd, all it takes is one negative article and you are persona non grata. As I've already stated if the end result is that it drives more traffic to the site and we get a few more new posters on the boards then ultimatley it is a good thing.

Am I the only one who misses Marz and Torvix? You just know the little guy would be winding up now as Marg/Pac gets closer. laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 23 2010, 11:43 PM) *
See that's the thing about the testing questions. There seemed to be a lot of questions about the testing without there being many questions about the testing if that makes any sense?

Agreed it is a delicate balance as Leon found out it doesn't matter how long you've been friendly with Floyd, all it takes is one negative article and you are persona non grata. As I've already stated if the end result is that it drives more traffic to the site and we get a few more new posters on the boards then ultimatley it is a good thing.

Am I the only one who misses Marz and Torvix? You just know the little guy would be winding up now as Marg/Pac gets closer. laugh.gif

Sure, it makes sense, but I don't think there's much point in asking those questions. If someone asks Mayweather why he wanted to start testing opponents he'll say it's to clean up the sport and that's probably all you'll get.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 24 2010, 12:00 AM) *
Sure, it makes sense, but I don't think there's much point in asking those questions. If someone asks Mayweather why he wanted to start testing opponents he'll say it's to clean up the sport and that's probably all you'll get.

Maybe I just enjoy watching Floyd stutter and splutter. Can you imagine how the interview would read: "lllllllllook hhhhhhhhhere BBBBBBBen I'm doing it to clclclclclean up the sport." laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2010, 04:51 AM) *
I suppose thehype (and I) could be accused of that in this thread.

I understand thehype's position. We do not know the circumstances surrounding the securing of the interview.

I also think that there is plenty of meat embedded in the piece. PBF is on the money about boxing fans, his family and his motivation. Was it all canned? Maybe, but we all have our pitch.

I think what he said about the fans is inaccurate and he is blinded by the fact that he is not loved like he thinks he should be. Look at the hate guys like Marg and Abraham have caught on this board for endagering other fighters, and the concern shown for guys who take beating like Taylor, Briggs etc. To say boxing fans dont care is a slight on us all.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 23 2010, 10:43 PM) *

what happened to those two?... where is byrdman?... theres a few guys that used to post on a regular that have disappeared....
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2010, 07:13 AM) *
You may not like his generalizations about us, but they are generally true. Most of us are watching boxing and mma for the brutality. Some of us might show concern for the well being of the fighters but mostly we are looking for the vicarious thrill of the violence. The war. The KO.
What would you think if you were PBF and you constantly read the crap people write about wanting to see him crippled, made into a drooling idiot etc. What I took away from the interview is that PBF is a pragmatic business person who has his priorities straight.

If he turns out to be guilty of beating his girlfriend, my opinion would change. I still believe in the whole innocent until proven guilty thing, though.

Yep, and they are looking to provide it, so who is more brutal?

If I was Floyd, like most famous athletes, most of whom will have a faction who hate them, I wouldnt go on message boards and read stuff written about me, and i'm pretty sure he doesnt. Most proffesional athletes, in this country at least, dont even read the papers. Do you think its ok for someone in his position who has essentially been given everything he has by the boxing fan, to then bunch all boxing fans as bloodthirsty idiots because a few people in my position are unimpressed by his cunt-like behaviour?
I think he is selling boxing fans short, but then, he seems to be making a habit of that.
neophyte7
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 24 2010, 12:43 AM) *
I think what he said about the fans is inaccurate and he is blinded by the fact that he is not loved like he thinks he should be. Look at the hate guys like Marg and Abraham have caught on this board for endagering other fighters, and the concern shown for guys who take beating like Taylor, Briggs etc. To say boxing fans dont care is a slight on us all.

LMAO average fan is ignorant and don't give a shit... that is why face first sluggers are loved over boxers. If people understood that pugilism is the art of evading the other man's punches rather than sacrifice your face to the delight of fans who don't know or really give a fuck about you, there would be a more dignified sport the result of a more educated following. Boxing suffers as a sport with ebbs and flows in popularity and ratings in my view not because of the fighters so much as it is the ignorant sensationalized fan. I mean boxing is referred to as a "science"... The sweet science. I would also conclude that people posting on message boards for the most part are not "average fans" and represent the minority who understand pugilism for what it is... of course there are some people posting who really don't know anything beyond the 5 fights they have watched prior to joining a forum, yet they are a minority. I thought this was a good interview with calm and intelligent responses by mayweather. His rationale on Pac was on point regarding the perception that he has to fight Pac ( a guy who has lost to lesser fighters) to prove his greatness. I also caught how he slid in referring to Pac as GOOD and himself GREAT... LMAO
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 24 2010, 02:20 PM) *
LMAO average fan is ignorant and don't give a shit... that is why face first sluggers are loved over boxers. If people understood that pugilism is the art of evading the other man's punches rather than sacrifice your face to the delight of fans who don't know or really give a fuck about you, there would be a more dignified sport the result of a more educated following. Boxing suffers as a sport with ebbs and flows in popularity and ratings in my view not because of the fighters so much as it is the ignorant sensationalized fan. I mean boxing is referred to as a "science"... The sweet science. I would also conclude that people posting on message boards for the most part are not "average fans" and represent the minority who understand pugilism for what it is... of course there are some people posting who really don't know anything beyond the 5 fights they have watched prior to joining a forum, yet they are a minority. I thought this was a good interview with calm and intelligent responses by mayweather. His rationale on Pac was on point regarding the perception that he has to fight Pac ( a guy who has lost to lesser fighters) to prove his greatness. I also caught how he slid in referring to Pac as GOOD and himself GREAT... LMAO

If Pacs current "greatness" is influenced by losses of several years ago, then from now on I would like you to disregard Floyds form below 140 when discussing his. How does that grab you since you and your hero are all about level playing fields? Not being funny, but Floyds opponents since leaving lightweight (10 of) had a combined total of 39 losses. So can we please stop with this pish about Pacs losses. Or can I take it that the only fights you want to see for your boy to cement his GOAT status is Berto and Alvarez?

And sorry but im not buying into the theory that boxing fans want to see boxers get hurt. Yes people want to see wars, because they are entertaining. That doesnt mean they are sitting there hoping for a brain haemorrage.
lloyd mayflower
The "business" of boxing is built on the buck of those following it, i.e. us fans. Floyds talent may be god given, but no fans = no money. For someone who puts money above all else, I just feel he could be a little more gracious. I feel offended to be told by this clown that he doesnt care about myself or others because we want to see other humans get hurt.
JD
After reading the interview I looked to the bottom waiting to see the standard comments from each side.

The haters and the sycophants trying to out type each other...but no such luck.

Why were comments disabled? Just an oversight?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2010, 03:15 PM) *
Lloyd, you have every right to feel offended.

PBF is way beyond the "no fans = no money" phase of his career.

Furthermore, it was made clear in thehype's interview that PBF is not "someone who puts money above all else." It is clear that Floyd considers money just a means to an end. It is also clear to me that PBF cares about his fans and his community.

"This clown" is one of the greatest athletes of this generation. "This clown" puts his family, omnipotent being, and his community (which can be construed as the planet) above the currency that fuels the economy.

Do me a favor, Lloyd? Read the interview once more after leaving your pre-conceived notions at the door.

Sorry man, but as far as i'm concerned, no one is beyond having to answer to the average joe fans who fund their respective sports and extravagant lifestyles. Not least in the current climate. As for your other comments, well I certainly dont believe that he puts anything above money. And that controversy-less interview done nothing to change that. I made a comment in a thread a while back that I feel Floyd is unravelling in front of our eyes. I'm not going to go into it again, but I think hes going to lose the plot eventually.

I am happy with the way I interpreted that interview Smarty so I guess me and you will just have to differ on this.

Quick edit: Co-cosign on Torvix and Marz. Entertainment of the highest order
The Original MrFactor
Palms need to be greased... It was an interview that was win/win for both parties. It was good for the website and good for Mayweather. I dont feel any differently about him at all. I don't really care about what he does in his spare time. I wouldn't watch a reality show with him in it. I just want to know when his next fight is. Too much talk about folks not realizing he has a family and people that love him. At my job, my customers could care less about my family and people that love me. They just want their internet back up.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Lets be honest for a second here, the interview was not hard hitting journalism. It was a mashed potatoes interview. Actually it seemed like the questions were canned( as if Hype had a list of vanilla questions he would be allowed to ask).

Secondly, floyd is talking out both sides of his face again. So it isnt all about the money? Must be true because floyd said so....but wait a minute.....was he lying before when he said it was.....or is he lying now???????

I also thought it was funny he is trying to force people into making his girlfriends career successful. On youtube he did a radio interview with his girlfriend also there. He stated that they were a package deal, if you booked one for an appearance, you had to book the other as well. LOL getting double paid.

The kid is an idiot.
neophyte7
RUN AND GUN.. HOW MANY pbf ppv's have you paid for? just curious
Run and Gun Game Calls
0%
neophyte7
Ok... a die hard hater... I gotta respect that...
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2010, 10:15 AM) *
Lloyd, you have every right to feel offended.

PBF is way beyond the "no fans = no money" phase of his career.

Furthermore, it was made clear in thehype's interview that PBF is not "someone who puts money above all else." It is clear that Floyd considers money just a means to an end. It is also clear to me that PBF cares about his fans and his community.

"This clown" is one of the greatest athletes of this generation. "This clown" puts his family, omnipotent being, and his community (which can be construed as the planet) above the currency that fuels the economy.

Do me a favor, Lloyd? Read the interview once more after leaving your pre-conceived notions at the door.

Well, to be honest, no one really knows how much Mayweather cares about those things other than himself. And to be completely honest this guy not only doesn't give autographs to fans at places he's expected to give autographs; press conferences and things of that nature, he doesn't even acknowledge them. Now if he simply didn't want to open Pandora's box by signing one autograph it'd be understandable, it's hard to argue that you love your fans while you walk by the screaming masses without even gazing in their direction.

Romulus9
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 24 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Well, to be honest, no one really knows how much Mayweather cares about those things other than himself. And to be completely honest this guy not only doesn't give autographs to fans at places he's expected to give autographs; press conferences and things of that nature, he doesn't even acknowledge them. Now if he simply didn't want to open Pandora's box by signing one autograph it'd be understandable, it's hard to argue that you love your fans while you walk by the screaming masses without even gazing in their direction.

Remember, ignoring the presence of fans and such is just part of his "Money" persona. Never mind the fact that no one knows when the bullshit persona ends and reality begins.

Is he the extreme that he portrays in the lead-in to fights? Probably not. Is he the unicorns-and-puppy-dogs guy that was in the interview? Probably not.

The reality of Mayweather is likely in the middle, skewing more toward one way or the other. The point is that people will, or have already, become bored of the act and the effort to figure out what part is real and what part is fake.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2010, 10:15 AM) *

This is NOT directed at you, Beardo, but rather at Floyd trying to SELL the notion he could care less about money.

IF there were a SHRED of TRUTH about it, he would have NEVER made those comments years ago referring to HBO's multiple 7-figure contract as "slave wages".

IF he didnt care about money, he wouldnt have come out of "retirement".

If he didnt care about money, he wouldnt be trying to come up w fanciful (read here: BULLSHIT tax strategies).

If he didn't care about Money, you wouldnt see him on 24/7 CONSTANTLY flaunting it.

Shit, IF HE REALLY didnt care about Money, he'd have come up with a different nickname.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2010, 08:44 AM) *
I have made myself clear on this subject multiple times. I do not consider PBF's out of the box seizure of control of his career "cunt-like behavior." I disagree with some of his decisions. I think he can be an arrogant little prick. But there is no shortage of arrogant little pricks in the world.

We (boxing fans) have given PBF absolutely zero. We have paid for a product that has been delivered. We have had a choice whether to pay for that product every step of the way. PBF has been compensated for product delivered. It has, is and always will be business.

The idea that a gladiator owes the blood thirsty crowd anything is literally the height of . . . well, that is obvious.

The fact that certain gladiators have the opportunity to control the product that they sell and the supply chain, is impressive to me.

I think the idea that the gladiators have been given everything they have by the blood thirsty crowd relates to the myth that "the customer is always right." There is no clearer signal in my business that someone is trying to screw you (and is full of shit) than when they pull out that cliche`, probably made up by a business consultant that never owned a business or produced a product to be delivered to a market.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. owes boxing fans nothing. Holyfield owes us nothing. Ali owes us nothing. The idea that those risking their lives owe those paying to watch them do it "everything" is a testament to the art of misdirection in propaganda. Our consumer angst should be concentrated on the fat fucking middle men, not the gladiators.

Beardo like Method has just pointed out Floyd was saying cunt like things before he seized control of his career. The slave wages quote being the most obvious.

He cares about money alright. Why change you moniker to 'Money' otherwise. How many times has he said he cares about money more than his legacy? A bunch, a whole bunch.

Now I got a curly one for you. You've stated that as gladiators who risk their lives in the ring they literally owe the blood thirsty crowd nothing. Yeah? Then I would assume you were right behind Victor Ortiz' desicion to quit in the ring because he owes nobody nothing and as a young man he didn't need to be taking that sort of puishment. You'd be happy with that?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 24 2010, 02:01 PM) *
Remember, ignoring the presence of fans and such is just part of his "Money" persona. Never mind the fact that no one knows when the bullshit persona ends and reality begins.

Is he the extreme that he portrays in the lead-in to fights? Probably not. Is he the unicorns-and-puppy-dogs guy that was in the interview? Probably not.

The reality of Mayweather is likely in the middle, skewing more toward one way or the other. The point is that people will, or have already, become bored of the act and the effort to figure out what part is real and what part is fake.

Is every negative aspect of this dude part of his persona?
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Oct 24 2010, 03:04 PM) *
Ok... a die hard hater... I gotta respect that...

Die hard hater, nope not at all, but not paying for a fight with mosley, or dlh where I dont believe the outcome is in doubt
STEVENSKI
My opinion has not changed one iota. So Hype got Floyd to show his "human" side. It is a work pure & simple.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 24 2010, 06:37 PM) *
Die hard hater, nope not at all, but not paying for a fight with mosley, or dlh where I dont believe the outcome is in doubt

You would have bought Floyd/Marquez then for sure. Man I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out who would win that one.

Lucky according to Roger that Floyd don't get into any of that catchweight bullshit.
D-MARV
Great Job Hype... Not too many people in the boxing world getting 1 on 1's with Floyd.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2010, 10:09 PM) *
You would have bought Floyd/Marquez then for sure. Man I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out who would win that one.

Lucky according to Roger that Floyd don't get into any of that catchweight bullshit.

Really you thought the marquez fight was a toss up? I never did. Now I almost bought the judah fight, but after his losses I just couldnt see anyway for him to beat floyd without a lucky punch landing.

I would pay to see floyd fight pac, or williams, cotto or margarito. Of those 4 I only give a very good chance of Pac beating floyd, but the other 3 are live opponents. Even these versions of Margarito and cotto I think would be a good fight. Floyd would win, but would have to work for it instead of coasting. Keep Berto away from floyd as floyd will ruin him IMO
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2010, 11:40 PM) *
I think that comes down to the majority of people talking with him, choose to ask the hard questions. Floyd is the type of person where people want to ask the hard questions because the persona he chooses puts himself in that situation where people don't want to sympathise with him. I think Floyd takes hard questions personally which is why he doesn't do them. You get someone on your side and sympathise with you and praise you, they will get 1 on 1's.

Only thing is, when you surround yourself with yes men, your destined for a great fall. Real friends tell you the things you dont wanna hear.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 24 2010, 11:16 PM) *
Really you thought the marquez fight was a toss up? I never did. Now I almost bought the judah fight, but after his losses I just couldnt see anyway for him to beat floyd without a lucky punch landing.

I would pay to see floyd fight pac, or williams, cotto or margarito. Of those 4 I only give a very good chance of Pac beating floyd, but the other 3 are live opponents. Even these versions of Margarito and cotto I think would be a good fight. Floyd would win, but would have to work for it instead of coasting. Keep Berto away from floyd as floyd will ruin him IMO

It's just sarcasm.

I'd like Pac or the winner of Williams/Martinez getting in the ring with Mayweather, I only want to see Marg get retired. I'd say I want Cotto to fight him but Cotto has fought everyone put in front of him even when the odds haven't been great, I don't want to see him fight Mayweather. I think he'd get shutout.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Oct 24 2010, 11:16 PM) *

I was being seriously seriously ironic.
Run and Gun Game Calls
lol i apologise for not picking up on the sarcastic tone, IM tired, lol
thehype
Like I already said, it wasn't me who closed this thread, so whoever did close it, I'd appreciate it if you came in here and let everyone know that you didn't close it because I issued any orders. I just want to clear that up for those of you who are off in other threads coming up with your own theories.

Quite frankly, I could care less about criticism and jokes.

Was it hard-hitting journalism? Of course not! DUH!

Did it sound like I was stroking his ego? Absofuckinglutely!

Chillin' on the couch holding a pillow at the Big Boy Mansion? Fuck yeah...I'll do that all day, every day!

Giving him a back massage? Whoa...hey now...I wouldn't go that far, but shit, I don't mind being cool with someone if they're going to reciprocate and give me something in return.

What I DO find pretty fucking hilarious, however, is that all of you guys call yourselves diehard boxing fans, and yet, not one person...not one single person has asked me directly any questions at all about the interview. You pretty much have full access to me and I always try to give you all the lowdown on what's what, and yet, not one single person has asked me anything regarding my conversations, on or off the record, with Floyd.

"Hype, after talking to him, do you think he's worried about the legal problems?"

"Hype, did he say anything else about Manny Pacquiao? Did he hint that the fight would happen?"

"Hype, do you think he's really engaged to that chick or is it a bunch of bullshit?"

"Hype, is he thinking about a plan B if the Pacquiao fight doesn't happen?"

Instead of asking questions like that in this thread, I got nothing. No questions at all from anyone on here...just a lot of jokes, a lot of critiques, and a lot of people frontin' like they'd ask him this and that, but not even knowing where to start to even get the opportunity to ask him those questions.

LOL.

Pretty fucking funny.

But whatever.

Just for the record, that wasn't the first time we've spoken, and it won't be the last, but that was the first time he actually agreed to come on record with me, so my intent, for those that are wondering, was to make sure he'll do it again...although I'm not even really sure why.

nono.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 29 2010, 03:07 PM) *
Like I already said, it wasn't me who closed this thread, so whoever did close it, I'd appreciate it if you came in here and let everyone know that you didn't close it because I issued any orders. I just want to clear that up for those of you who are off in other threads coming up with your own theories.

Quite frankly, I could care less about criticism and jokes.

Was it hard-hitting journalism? Of course not! DUH!

Did it sound like I was stroking his ego? Absofuckinglutely!

Chillin' on the couch holding a pillow at the Big Boy Mansion? Fuck yeah...I'll do that all day, every day!

Giving him a back massage? Whoa...hey now...I wouldn't go that far, but shit, I don't mind being cool with someone if they're going to reciprocate and give me something in return.

What I DO find pretty fucking hilarious, however, is that all of you guys call yourselves diehard boxing fans, and yet, not one person...not one single person has asked me directly any questions at all about the interview. You pretty much have full access to me and I always try to give you all the lowdown on what's what, and yet, not one single person has asked me anything regarding my conversations, on or off the record, with Floyd.

"Hype, after talking to him, do you think he's worried about the legal problems?"

"Hype, did he say anything else about Manny Pacquiao? Did he hint that the fight would happen?"

"Hype, do you think he's really engaged to that chick or is it a bunch of bullshit?"

Instead of asking questions like that in this thread, I got nothing. No questions at all from anyone on here...just a lot of jokes, a lot of critiques, and a lot of people frontin' like they'd ask him this and that, but not even knowing where to start to even get the opportunity to ask him those questions.

LOL.

Pretty fucking funny.

But whatever.

Just for the record, that wasn't the first time we've spoken, and it won't be the last, but that was the first time he actually agreed to come on record with me, so my intent, for those that are wondering, was to make sure he'll do it again...although I'm not even really sure why.

nono.gif

No, I did not close it. Good article Ben,

Despite my hatred of Floyd, you asked some good questions. And this is a very good thread. Direct interviews are always good with any fighters. It helps the community get to know the fighters better.

Jack
Jack 1000
What is the latest on Floyd's domestic abuse charges from last month or so?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...e-incident.html

If he his convicted of these charges, it may humble him in a hurry. First court hearing according to ESPN is November 9th:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=5554683

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 29 2010, 06:27 PM) *
What is the latest on Floyd's domestic abuse charges from last month or so?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...e-incident.html

If he his convicted of these charges, it may humble him in a hurry. First court hearing according to ESPN is November 9th:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=5554683

Jack

Well considering Mayweathers celebrity status I really doubt he'd spend time in prison, maybe a jail sentence. I'm thinking he gets a lot of community service. He's more valuable to them outside of jail then inside it

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 29 2010, 04:07 PM) *

You give access to off the record shit? Do tell.
thehype
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 29 2010, 06:00 PM) *
You give access to off the record shit? Do tell.

Did I say I give access to off the record shit?

dntknw.gif

Just because I post some sample questions, that doesn't mean I'm going to spill the beans about everything that I may or may not know.

The point is, not one person even bothered to ask me any questions like that, knowing that I did just speak with him and, for the most part, I'm pretty honest when expressing my opinions regarding boxing.

But hey...what do I know...I'm just some Mayweather nuthugger who hates every other fighter, right?

laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 29 2010, 07:19 PM) *
Did I say I give access to off the record shit?

dntknw.gif

Just because I post some sample questions, that doesn't mean I'm going to spill the beans about everything that I may or may not know.

The point is, not one person even bothered to ask me any questions like that, knowing that I did just speak with him and, for the most part, I'm pretty honest when expressing my opinions regarding boxing.

But hey...what do I know...I'm just some Mayweather nuthugger who hates every other fighter, right?

laugh.gif

I'm looking for shit you've been sworn to secrecy to. I'm talking about you had the stroke the mustache of Leonard Ellerbe to get the information, G14 classified stuff.

thehype
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 29 2010, 06:36 PM) *
I'm looking for shit you've been sworn to secrecy to. I'm talking about you had the stroke the mustache of Leonard Ellerbe to get the information, G14 classified stuff.

If I was sworn to secrecy, I wouldn't be telling you.

nono.gif

That being said, it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on certain things that might lead you to form your own conclusion about one thing or another.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.