Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 121
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Warlord
Paulo Thiago versus Diego Sanchez up next. Sanchez coming out to some mariachi music. Used to be a fan of Sanchez, but his gimmick is getting tired at this point.
Warlord
Sanchez landed some good flurries early and late, but Thiago takes the round due to his knees, takedown, and sub attempts.
Warlord
Sanchez eating some leather, but he seems okay.
Warlord
Bullshit. Diego acting now, pretending as if he caught an elbow to the back of the head.
Warlord
Beautiful slam by Sanchez. Not Rampage quality, but still nice.
Warlord
Close second round, will probably go to Sanchez. 3rd round will decide it all.
Warlord
thiago looks tired, but so does Deigo.
Warlord
This is what I was talking about when I said Diego cutting to 155 was a mistake. Diego's cardio at 170 is elite, and he can take over fights late. Whereas 155 he was drained.

He's gonna take this one unless Thiago pulls off the an Anderson Silva-like fluke miracle.
Warlord
Sanchez took the UD.
Warlord
Shields getting ready to go out and lay on Kampmann for 3 rounds.
Warlord
Rogan mentioned Shields going through a tough weight cut to make 170. WTF? Why not come in and fight at middleweight? I think Shields has a better chance at beating Anderson Silva than he goes GSP anyway. He can't out-wrestle GSP.
Warlord
Some decent jabs by Kampmann, but not enough. Shields probably takes it due to the takedown.
Warlord
BIG knee by Kampmann!
Warlord
But Shields gets him down.
Warlord
Kampmann back to his feet., shields looking tired.,
The CEO
Kampmann's holding his own against Shields' all out grappling attack, but he's probably down 2-0....

Shields looking SPENT...Kampmann can do this...
Warlord
Close 2nd round, probably give it to Kampmann.

Big John warns Shields he'll take a point if Shields grabs Kampmann's shorts again.

Shields is exhausted, his leg kicks suck balls. Kampmann can steal this fight if he comes on strong in the 3rd.
Warlord
Shields at side mount/
Warlord
Shields has a body triangle. Will this be enough to win the 3rd for him?
The CEO
Impressive gaining of a 2nd wind by Shields...he fell down in the middle of the 3rd like he was dead....he deserves the win...
Warlord
Shields probably eeked out the win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kampmann come away with it either.

Either way, Shields needs to go back up to middleweight. I hate to see fighers killing themselves to cut down to a smaller weight class.
Warlord
Shields gets the SD and the fans boo. But they always boo.
Warlord
Crock Lesnar versus Cain Velasquez up next.
Snoop
Here we go...
Warlord
Goldberg gets on my nerves.
Warlord
Crock can't even pronounce Cain's name. "Mr. Velas kwez," What a douche.
The CEO
I'm interested to see if Lesnar gives Velasquez opportunities on their feet...that's Brock's weakness...he don't like gettin' hit when he's standing up...he don't mind gettin' hit when he's on the ground....lol
Warlord
I'm telling ya, Cain is game. But is he big enough? Shit.
Warlord
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 23 2010, 11:11 PM) *
I'm interested to see if Lesnar gives Velasquez opportunities on their feet...that's Brock's weakness...he don't like gettin' hit when he's standing up...he don't mind gettin' hit when he's on the ground....lol

You hit the nail on the head. Crock HATES to get hit. He doesn't deal well with it at all. Can Cain keep him on his feet long enough to make him pay? Does he even have the power to make Crock pay?
Warlord
Haha, Crock shoved that policeman just like Clubber Lang did when he fought Rocky Balboa. laugh.gif
The CEO
Cain showed me he was a gamer when he beat the big, strong Kongo...that was before we knew Kongo was a bust though...lol
Snoop
Damn, Bruce Buffer sucks.
Warlord
Damn Buffer, just shit their names out already. fuck.
Warlord
Crock trying to overwhelm Cain early. Cain holding strong. That was a sweet flying knee by Crock though.
The CEO
HOLY SHIT!!

AND THE NEW!!!!
Snoop
DAMN! Brock ain't got no stand up game.
Warlord
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warlord
The farce has ended.
Warlord
Shitlion is home crying right now, lol. laugh.gif
Warlord
Crock's still down. Crying.
Mean Mister Mustard
Fedor would have done the same thing.
The CEO
WOW!!...Brock came out like a house on fire!....flying knee, landed big strikes, NAILED Velasquez into the mat with a takedown...

and then CAIN went to work.

What a extraordinary performance from Velasquez....he was totally unaffected by Lesnar's presence and effective attack...

AWESOME job.
Warlord
Great, great night.

Cain had enough technique and patience to do what Shane Carwin should have done.
Warlord
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2010, 11:26 PM) *
Fedor would have done the same thing.

Absolutely no doubt about that.
The CEO
Lesnar's got a GAPING wound on his cheek...Velasquez fucked his world up!!

It looked like Lesnar suffered an adrenaline dump similar to how Carwin did against him...when he saw Velasquez wasn't moved by his shock and awe shit, it was OVER....he was falling down for no reason at all...it took his heart and all his gas.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah Brock can take a punch in the sense that he won't get KO'd but mentally he seems afraid to get hit. Maybe he can't handle the pain, but if he can get his act together and stand his ground he'll be very dangerous. Credit to him for doing what he has done so far though.
Warlord
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Yeah Brock can take a punch in the sense that he won't get KO'd but mentally he seems afraid to get hit. Maybe he can't handle the pain, but if he can get his act together and stand his ground he'll be very dangerous. Credit to him for doing what he has done so far though.

That's it in a nutshell. It's the major gripe I've always had with Lesnar, and have said so numerous times. The guy just does not react well to getting hit.

I mean, this is the second fight in a row where he went into the fetal position after taking a hard shot. Thank God we just had a fighter in Cain who was patient enough and skilled enough to take advantage of Crock's reeking habits.
kidbazooka1
F*ck yeah Cain f*cked him up big time. I think Lesnar was beaten when he couldn't keep Velasquez down that broke his will. Cain is the most complete HW out there right now. I agree that Fedor would have beaten Brock but not sure if it would be i nthe same brutal fashion as Cain. Velasquez has the wrestling skills to defend fro mthe TD's Fedor doesn't Brock would have a way easier time keeping fedor down not saying he would win but he would definitly be more successful with the TD's.

Shields looked like sh*t nuff said.

Diego looked good against a tough guy like Thiago.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Oct 23 2010, 11:43 PM) *
F*ck yeah Cain f*cked him up big time. I think Lesnar was beaten when he couldn't keep Velasquez down that broke his will. Cain is the most complete HW out there right now. I agree that Fedor would have beaten Brock but not sure if it would be i nthe same brutal fashion as Cain. Velasquez has the wrestling skills to defend fro mthe TD's Fedor doesn't Brock would have a way easier time keeping fedor down not saying he would win but he would definitly be more successful with the TD's.

Shields looked like sh*t nuff said.

Diego looked good against a tough guy like Thiago.

Brock would've never gotten the chance to get Fedor down. No way in hell he bum-rushes Fedor the way he did Velasquez, and no way in hell he stands up to Fedor's brutish power either. Fedor would've put him out cold on his back, the way he did Rogers.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 24 2010, 12:40 AM) *
That's it in a nutshell. It's the major gripe I've always had with Lesnar, and have said so numerous times. The guy just does not react well to getting hit.

I mean, this is the second fight in a row where he went into the fetal position after taking a hard shot. Thank God we just had a fighter in Cain who was patient enough and skilled enough to take advantage of Crock's reeking habits.

I remember you saying that many times.

So who is next for Velasquez? Mir, Dos Santos? How would Velasquez do against Overeem or Fedor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.