Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN3.COM carrying decent fights we can't see
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
Tonight Hector Camacho Jr. and Irving Garcia are both fighting (separate fights) on ESPN3.com. A couple of weeks ago David Haye fought on ESPN3.com (or maybe it was Klit-Briggs, I can't remember). Usually it's easy to understand the business motivation for things like this. But I can't figure this out. Who benefits from ESPN3.com carrying this and not ESPN2 or Fox Sports?

It seems to me that the fighters/promoters/and the networks would all want as many people to see the fight as possible. Is ESPN trying to get ESPN3.com onto cable networks and counting on boxing fans to raise hell? I can't think of any other motivation unless they're just trying to build a web presence.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 29 2010, 04:54 PM) *
Tonight Hector Camacho Jr. and Irving Garcia are both fighting (separate fights) on ESPN3.com. A couple of weeks ago David Haye fought on ESPN3.com (or maybe it was Klit-Briggs, I can't remember). Usually it's easy to understand the business motivation for things like this. But I can't figure this out. Who benefits from ESPN3.com carrying this and not ESPN2 or Fox Sports?

It seems to me that the fighters/promoters/and the networks would all want as many people to see the fight as possible. Is ESPN trying to get ESPN3.com onto cable networks and counting on boxing fans to raise hell? I can't think of any other motivation unless they're just trying to build a web presence.

much agreed salvador.... the thing is with espn3 is that your television provider has to carry espn3 to be able to watch it online... well if you can watch it on television why watch it online and have to deal with possible lag... etc... well i have dish network... i have EVERY channel they offer and espn3 isnt one of them... if you go through there list of providers its companies you have probably never heard of other than at&t... very frustrating....
thisneverworks
Just think, without espn3.com you wouldn't have been able to see Lemieux knock Camacho Jr. right the hell out in the first round.

I think when Camacho was sitting on the stool trying to gather his wits he asked something along the lines of "they stopped it?". Lol, they sure did. It did look like he was taking a knee and the ref clearly thought he was as well. Then when the ref spun around he saw him stretched on the mat and that was that.

Lemieux can sure punch.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Oct 30 2010, 08:37 AM) *
Just think, without espn3.com you wouldn't have been able to see Lemieux knock Camacho Jr. right the hell out in the first round.

I think when Camacho was sitting on the stool trying to gather his wits he asked something along the lines of "they stopped it?". Lol, they sure did. It did look like he was taking a knee and the ref clearly thought he was as well. Then when the ref spun around he saw him stretched on the mat and that was that.

Lemieux can sure punch.

when is this guy going to fight somebody? Howa bout Felix Sturm? Bernard Hopkins? Kermit Cintron?
thisneverworks
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Oct 30 2010, 12:06 PM) *
when is this guy going to fight somebody? Howa bout Felix Sturm? Bernard Hopkins? Kermit Cintron?

He's going to be 22 this month. I would say he's moving along well enough.
LaceratedSky
Lol... the dude was out cold.
JLUVBABY
for those of you that dont get espn3 like myself i found the fight on youtube.. i would be very interested to see this guy test his skill versus an allen green type of fighter or even a edison miranda.... thats the kind of fight ti think we need to see him in before jumping the gun on the guy... yes he seems to be able to punch but.... id like to see more of his skill in the ring... just my take on the guy... not sure id call him a potential p4p in the future kind of a guy as i read in another thread... lol.... maybe he is but it is far too premature to say that.. yes his destruction of camacho jr was impressive but lets see him in there versus a guy thats better made for the weight and can punch and take a big mans punch and come back before we decide to prematurely crown this kid... just my opinion on him....

caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 31 2010, 12:14 PM) *
for those of you that dont get espn3 like myself i found the fight on youtube.. i would be very interested to see this guy test his skill versus an allen green type of fighter or even a edison miranda.... thats the kind of fight ti think we need to see him in before jumping the gun on the guy... yes he seems to be able to punch but.... id like to see more of his skill in the ring... just my take on the guy... not sure id call him a potential p4p in the future kind of a guy as i read in another thread... lol.... maybe he is but it is far too premature to say that.. yes his destruction of camacho jr was impressive but lets see him in there versus a guy thats better made for the weight and can punch and take a big mans punch and come back before we decide to prematurely crown this kid... just my opinion on him....

Jr never was or will be like Sr was! That surly ain't Macho Time! LMFAO!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 31 2010, 11:21 AM) *
Jr never was or will be like Sr was! That surly ain't Macho Time! LMFAO!

no its not.. thats why i feel its premature to label this cat... lets see him versus somebody tried and tested.. ifhis power is really that legit he'll get them out too... he appears to be a boxer that will struggle with someone that can box and has decent foot work in my opinion... but he also will be a fighter, as his record shows, will always have that punchers chance... he's a true puncher...
salvador
Thanks JLUV.

I think that's only the second time I've seen Lemieux fight. He throws short straight punches with power, but he doesn't use his jab enough to set up the power shots. I think a quicker/better fighter with better footwork could have much better success countering him.

He's definitely an interesting prospect.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Oct 31 2010, 01:21 PM) *
Thanks JLUV.

I think that's only the second time I've seen Lemieux fight. He throws short straight punches with power, but he doesn't use his jab enough to set up the power shots. I think a quicker/better fighter with better footwork could have much better success countering him.

He's definitely an interesting prospect.

yeah man im with you on this one... his power seems it it legit but at the top level you have to have more than power... seemed ol camacho jr was doing ok till he got caught and thats saying alot considering he should be fighting at jr welter to welter... dude isfat.. an ok fighter but not atthat weight... his career was wasted years ago... in my opinion this is nothing to get excited over tho i will say lemieux handled him like a puncher of the caliber he is supposed to be at should....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.