Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack Dempsey - One of the baddest mothafuckas ever...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
BigG
I'm a HUGE Dempsey fan...but what would've happened if he fought Sam Langford? Theres very limited footage of Langford but from what I've seen, he was a counterpuncher with some power.
gravytrain
You know why Dempsey didn't fight Langford? He thought Langford could floor him. I'd go with Langford in this one.
STEVENSKI
This one is for Blaze if he is still around.

Dempsey vs Holyfield at cruiser?
Maxy
"Iron" Hague, a relative of mine and former British heavyweight champion, got knocked out in 4 rounds by Sam Langford. My Grand-dad, a massive Dempsey fan reckons, Langford would have took Jack. That's all I know.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 31 2010, 09:56 PM) *
You know why Dempsey didn't fight Langford? He thought Langford could floor him. I'd go with Langford in this one.

Damn,I had a pretty long post but on accident clicked out of it..Dempsey over Langford..Dempsey thought he was going to die again Willard and he whooped Willard bad and almost killed him..Doesn't mean shit if Dempsey thought he'd lose..It made him more of a savage when he thought it was gonna be a rough night..

Dempsey/Holy would be insane..The big question would be how would Holy's insane chin and body hold up against Dempsey's bone crunching punches..One shot could leave ya marked for life from Dempsey..I can't decided who I'd pick..I could see Holy dropping Dempsey if he was able to bring the fight into the later rounds..Yet,ya never know who is going to win when facing Dempsey..He was a lot more skilled than he was given credit for..Actually,both of them are..
lloyd mayflower
No matter how it went down, the biggest loser would be Jonnys lucky sock!
gravytrain
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Nov 1 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Damn,I had a pretty long post but on accident clicked out of it..Dempsey over Langford..Dempsey thought he was going to die again Willard and he whooped Willard bad and almost killed him..Doesn't mean shit if Dempsey thought he'd lose..It made him more of a savage when he thought it was gonna be a rough night..

Dempsey/Holy would be insane..The big question would be how would Holy's insane chin and body hold up against Dempsey's bone crunching punches..One shot could leave ya marked for life from Dempsey..I can't decided who I'd pick..I could see Holy dropping Dempsey if he was able to bring the fight into the later rounds..Yet,ya never know who is going to win when facing Dempsey..He was a lot more skilled than he was given credit for..Actually,both of them are..

Well he didn't fight Langford, I'm thinking that wasn't by chance. Langford had a lot of guys unwilling to fight him.

I do agree that it's hard to call Holy/Dempsey though.
jlupi
At his best not many, if any, people his size beat dempsey. But they are 2 of the best so my pick is just a guess
STEVENSKI
I like to think of David Haye fighting a prime Dempsey. Then again I would like to see Haye get hurt as bad as Willard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.