Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: on your shield, or use your brain?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Run and Gun Game Calls
Im just curious, do you believe a fighter should go out on their shield, or use their brain.

For example.

When Roy Jones fought Tarver the first time, he knew that his body and time had betrayed him, yet he went on to give Tarver a rematch, even though in his heart he had to know it was going to be very difficult for him to win

Then you have lennox Lewis who fought Vitalli Klitchko. In the third round the outside ridge of the thumb on Lewis right glove caught Vitalli perfect causing a very bad cut. ( you can see the punch that caused the cut on youtube.) Although he went to to cut vitallis lip, and cut vitalli under the eye, the major cut and reason for stoppage was the cut over the eye. In all honesty Lewis got pushed around in that fight, and was o his way to losing a decision if not getting knocked out. Lewis knew the difficulty of getting up for vitalli again, decided to retire instead of continue the rivalry that could have been with Vitalli.

So in your opinion, should a fighter do what Jones did and go out on his shield, or walk away mid stream of a rivalry
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 1 2010, 07:17 AM) *
Im just curious, do you believe a fighter should go out on their shield, or use their brain.

For example.

When Roy Jones fought Tarver the first time, he knew that his body and time had betrayed him, yet he went on to give Tarver a rematch, even though in his heart he had to know it was going to be very difficult for him to win

Then you have lennox Lewis who fought Vitalli Klitchko. In the third round the outside ridge of the thumb on Lewis right glove caught Vitalli perfect causing a very bad cut. ( you can see the punch that caused the cut on youtube.) Although he went to to cut vitallis lip, and cut vitalli under the eye, the major cut and reason for stoppage was the cut over the eye. In all honesty Lewis got pushed around in that fight, and was o his way to losing a decision if not getting knocked out. Lewis knew the difficulty of getting up for vitalli again, decided to retire instead of continue the rivalry that could have been with Vitalli.

So in your opinion, should a fighter do what Jones did and go out on his shield, or walk away mid stream of a rivalry

RJJ is running out of shields.

"We aren't here to die for our country. We are here to make the other bastards die for their's."
salvador
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 1 2010, 09:17 AM) *

The most important question in the sport, and I think we all know the right answer. It's the entire reason boxing is the greatest drama on earth.

Second, regarding Roy Jones, his moment of truth came in the final two rounds of the 3rd Tarver fight (the most important career defining fight of his life) when he had the clear choice whether to throw everything he had at Tarver and risk going out on his shield or to play it safe and go out on his feet with a loss. I don't know much about Roy, but I'd bet all the tea in China that if he had those two rounds to do over he would have thrown the kitchen sink at Tarver.
Hittman25
i believe you go out on your shelid using your brain......
lloyd mayflower
It probably depends what stage of your career you are at. I dont think it makes much sense for a young fighter who takes an L early to jump straight back in with whoever beat them. If you are in a position to go and learn and climb back up and try again later then id say thats fair enough. Id say for older well established top level fighters, youv really got to try and get back in their and right that wrong. Maybe more so if you get knocked out. However, I dont think guys like Roy Jones should keep fighting if thats what you mean Run. I wasnt sure if you meant go out on your shield in a certain fight or in your career as a whole..
Run and Gun Game Calls
As far as Jones goes, in the third Tarver fight. Jones didnt look better in that fight, Tarver just looked like crap too. I dont think jones had the ability to pull the trigger anymore at that stage.

But lets rephrase it. Jones faced the biggest challenge in his life fighting Tarver, because his skills diminished to the point that the Tarver could stand in the ring and bang on him.

Same exact case with Lewis, he had slowed down enough that Klitchko was able to push around the man who up until this point had always been the bully in the ring.

Lewis decided to call it a day instead of giving the fans a rematch he knew he would have a very hard time winning. Jones knew he was gutted in his victory over tarver, yet he walked right back into the ring.

They were in very similar situations, so my question is, give the rematch knowing you have lost a step and are gonna struggle winning a rematch, or walk away and ignore what fans believe you owe them.

Just curious what everyone thinks the correct course of action is
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 1 2010, 04:16 PM) *
It probably depends what stage of your career you are at. I dont think it makes much sense for a young fighter who takes an L early to jump straight back in with whoever beat them. If you are in a position to go and learn and climb back up and try again later then id say thats fair enough. Id say for older well established top level fighters, youv really got to try and get back in their and right that wrong. Maybe more so if you get knocked out. However, I dont think guys like Roy Jones should keep fighting if thats what you mean Run. I wasnt sure if you meant go out on your shield in a certain fight or in your career as a whole..

Out on your shield as a career Lloyd
gravytrain
As Sugar Ray Robinson once said "It's not about the money, people miss the spotlight of being a champion.". I think most fighters don't want to go out on their shield.
HaydelHammer
actually in the tarver jones rematch...roy looked himself, fast hands ..etc...he just got his monkey a$$ clipped in that corner.

the third fight...no excuses...he should have finished tarver and "let that sh*t go" like manny steward once told lennox. lol
SmartyBeardo
Lennox Lewis made the better decision. He knew he was done and went out on top.

RJJ has a tough time facing reality, like so many boxers over the past century.
HaydelHammer
Roy needs to shut it down before his last moments on HBO become a documentary on how he hung around too long and here is the results of it.

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 1 2010, 08:03 PM) *
Out on your shield as a career Lloyd

Ok, well in that case I say use your brain. A fighter will know himself if he has lost a step, if a fighter is fading in whatever attribute was winning him fights, and he knows he could get hurt, youv got to say thats time to jack it.

On the subject of Lennox, I think if he had decided to rematch Vitali, with a full camp knowing he was the opponent instead of training for Kirk Johnson(?) and knowing due to their first fight what he would be facing, he was more than capable of giving Vitali a beating.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Nov 1 2010, 03:02 PM) *
Ok, well in that case I say use your brain. A fighter will know himself if he has lost a step, if a fighter is fading in whatever attribute was winning him fights, and he knows he could get hurt, youv got to say thats time to jack it.

On the subject of Lennox, I think if he had decided to rematch Vitali, with a full camp knowing he was the opponent instead of training for Kirk Johnson(?) and knowing due to their first fight what he would be facing, he was more than capable of giving Vitali a beating.

But you have to respect his decision. Lennox was obviously aware that he did not have it in him to do what he had to do to prepare for the rematch.
lloyd mayflower
Yep Smarty, thats what im saying, if the fighter knows he doesnt have it, then career-wise, going out on your shield isnt clever, cos thats when the damage will get done
Run and Gun Game Calls
See thats what I am thinking too. Lewis was called a chicken shit. but if he knew it wasnt in him to train as hard as he would have to to beat vitalli, or if he felt he had lost enough of a step he doubted his ability to win a rematch, then nomatter what the fans say, he earned the right to walk away on his terms.

I honestly believe thats the trap roy Jones fell into.
Warlord
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 1 2010, 06:59 PM) *
See thats what I am thinking too. Lewis was called a chicken shit. but if he knew it wasnt in him to train as hard as he would have to to beat vitalli, or if he felt he had lost enough of a step he doubted his ability to win a rematch, then nomatter what the fans say, he earned the right to walk away on his terms.

I honestly believe thats the trap roy Jones fell into.

I'll say this as delicately as possible, regarding Lennox Lewis.

If you, as a fighter, can't find the motivation to get in the ring and rematch a guy who was beating you handily on the scorecards, then yeah, you should retire. If the prospect of being called a "chicken shit" is more appealing to you than getting back into the gym and getting yourself into shape to step into the ring one more time to find out truly who the better man is, then yeah, you should retire.

Am I going to respect a decision like that? That's a different story.

As for Roy Jones, who I was always a fan of, I wouldn't chalk his readiness to rematch Tarver up to him wanting to go out on his shield. Roy is a proud fighter; still is. I have no doubt that he thought he was going to go in and Montell Griffin Antonio Tarver. Unfortunately, Roy coming down from Heavyweight the way he did, combined with father time, allowed someone like Tarver (who couldn't carry Roy Jones's jockstrap) to one-hit wonder his way onto the set of Rocky Balboa.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 1 2010, 07:43 PM) *
I'll say this as delicately as possible, regarding Lennox Lewis.

If you, as a fighter, can't find the motivation to get in the ring and rematch a guy who was beating you handily on the scorecards, then yeah, you should retire. If the prospect of being called a "chicken shit" is more appealing to you than getting back into the gym and getting yourself into shape to step into the ring one more time to find out truly who the better man is, then yeah, you should retire.

Am I going to respect a decision like that? That's a different story.

You have got me on the bolded part. You don't have to respect his decision.

You could call a Heavyweight Champion and the king of his era a "chicken shit." But I really don't think he gives a shit what we think. He came to the personal decision that it was time to hang 'em up. I respect his decision.

As for Roy Jones, who I was always a fan of, I wouldn't chalk his readiness to rematch Tarver up to him wanting to go out on his shield. Roy is a proud fighter; still is. I have no doubt that he thought he was going to go in and Montell Griffin Antonio Tarver. Unfortunately, Roy coming down from Heavyweight the way he did, combined with father time, allowed someone like Tarver (who couldn't carry Roy Jones's jockstrap) to one-hit wonder his way onto the set of Rocky Balboa.

Pride will get your ass knocked out repeatedly (if not killed), and make you look silly, if it isn't tempered with common sense.
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 1 2010, 11:23 PM) *
Pride will get your ass knocked out repeatedly (if not killed), and make you look silly, if it isn't tempered with common sense.

Which was kind of the point I was making with Roy. I don't think Roy fights now because of any concious decision on his part to "go out on his shield." In fact, I've seen a few fights to the contrary. In both Jones-Tarver III, and Jones-Hopkins II, Roy had a real chance to win those fights, if he'd been willing to open up and let his hands go. But he didn't want to risk getting stopped.

I pity Roy, actually. He was one of the finest fighters of his, or any, generation. To see him laid so low now is a damn shame.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 1 2010, 08:45 PM) *
Which was kind of the point I was making with Roy. I don't think Roy fights now because of any concious decision on his part to "go out on his shield." In fact, I've seen a few fights to the contrary. In both Jones-Tarver III, and Jones-Hopkins II, Roy had a real chance to win those fights, if he'd been willing to open up and let his hands go. But he didn't want to risk getting stopped.

I pity Roy, actually. He was one of the finest fighters of his, or any, generation. To see him laid so low now is a damn shame.

True.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Im not sure Roy makes the decision not to throw now though. Watching him fight, i just dont think he can pull the trigger anymore.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 2 2010, 02:10 AM) *
Im not sure Roy makes the decision not to throw now though. Watching him fight, i just dont think he can pull the trigger anymore.

He can pull the trigger. Lacy wasn't much but he was letting his hands go against Lacy. Its more of the incoming that bothers Roy. He use to could give and get out the way in time to not receive. Since the reflexes have diminished he cant get out of the way of the incoming and he doesn't take it so well.

Hopkins, Calzaghe, or Green wouldn't have been able to beat Roy in his prime.

Run and Gun Game Calls
thats what i mean by not pulling the trigger, he still see's the openings but they are usually gone before he can react, thus he eats leather. So the ability to pull the trigger really isnt there anymore.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 2 2010, 02:49 AM) *
He can pull the trigger. Lacy wasn't much but he was letting his hands go against Lacy. Its more of the incoming that bothers Roy. He use to could give and get out the way in time to not receive. Since the reflexes have diminished he cant get out of the way of the incoming and he doesn't take it so well.

Hopkins, Calzaghe, or Green wouldn't have been able to beat Roy in his prime.

100% agreed... hey king what weight class are you man?... you seem to have some mass on you...
Run and Gun Game Calls
im telling ya, if mayweather doesnt start fighting more, the decline in his skills will prob start early, and then guys he should beat, may just catch him sleeping.

As for Jones, I agree that someone should revoke his license
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 2 2010, 09:12 AM) *
100% agreed... hey king what weight class are you man?... you seem to have some mass on you...

I weigh 176 now but I'll be down to 165 in December for my fight. If all possible I'd like to get down to 152 but I dont have the discipline for that. Considering I started out at 189 is pretty good though.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 1 2010, 09:17 AM) *

For example.

I didn't see the fight that way at all. NOT AT ALL. What we saw was a dis-interested L.L. who was as outta shape as he had ever been in his entire career, take on a guy with half the skill who still couldn't stay away from L.L.'s power. This is all I saw. Klit showed up with some heart and for this he gets credit. But at the end of the day, Lennox Lewis's worst outing as a pro or amateur (according to many who've followed him from the begining) was too much for the mediocre Russian. A rematch would have been moot. Lennox didn't need the money. Wanted to quit boxing anyway(which he intimated on numerous occassions). And he had no emotional reasons to continue. To say Lennox Lewis retired because he didn't want to fight Klit is not only inaccurate but a lie!
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 3 2010, 01:13 PM) *
I didn't see the fight that way at all. NOT AT ALL. What we saw was a dis-interested L.L. who was as outta shape as he had ever been in his entire career, take on a guy with half the skill who still couldn't stay away from L.L.'s power. This is all I saw. Klit showed up with some heart and for this he gets credit. But at the end of the day, Lennox Lewis's worst outing as a pro or amateur (according to many who've followed him from the begining) was too much for the mediocre Russian. A rematch would have been moot. Lennox didn't need the money. Wanted to quit boxing anyway(which he intimated on numerous occassions). And he had no emotional reasons to continue. To say Lennox Lewis retired because he didn't want to fight Klit is not only inaccurate but a lie!

Not to mention that Klit was a sub for another opponent who's name actually slips me right now. So Lennox had absolutely no time to prepare for Klit. If he would've had a Klit training camp. Klit would've gotten KO'd not TKO'd which is what really happend. Call it stoppage, whatever, yeah, yeah. Klit got his ass kicked by a fat ol heavyweight who didn't care no mo!
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 3 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Not to mention that Klit was a sub for another opponent who's name actually slips me right now. So Lennox had absolutely no time to prepare for Klit. If he would've had a Klit training camp. Klit would've gotten KO'd not TKO'd which is what really happend. Call it stoppage, whatever, yeah, yeah. Klit got his ass kicked by a fat ol heavyweight who didn't care no mo!

This is exactly why we see guys like James Toney running their mouths because they know that the chances of beating this guy are wholly doable on any given Saturday nite!
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 3 2010, 05:52 PM) *
If Lewis wasn't supposed to fight Vitali and didn't train for him, who was Vitali training for? Does that mean Vitali wasn't having a Lewis training camp. Or Vitali was a mind reader and was training for months for a fight with Lewis despite Lewis being scheduled to fight someone else?

Obviously. Duh Fitz.

Just as trailing badly on all 3 judges scorecards + victory due to questionable stoppage because of a cut caused by the laces of the glove = a story book ending. You obviously don't know boxing.
Warlord
Lennox, the fans are booing you.

I wouldn't say that, Larry.
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 4 2010, 03:46 AM) *
You were down on all 3 cards.

I don't know what you are talking about. He was deteriorating and was going to get knocked out. I don't even know what you are talking about.

I'm just telling you what the official scorecards were

Oh...Okay

laugh.gif Haha. You're the only other person I know who has the correct amount of appreciation for that epic post-fight interview.

"So I don't know what YER talking about."
Warlord
Why do you keep saying I'm gay? I'm not gay. Ask your mother. Ask your sister.

Man, I didn't say you was gay. I said you ACTING gay.

Another sweet gem.
ROLL DEEP
As much as I'm a big, big Lennox fan - that Klit fight wasn't his greatest night laugh.gif

But, he was at the end of his reign, he'd fought pretty much everyone there was to fight and he'd avenged his losses in spectacular fashion.

There is always someone up-and-coming to fight, but I feel Lennox got out of there at the right time. I don't think he 'ducked' a rematch with Vitali. It was a hard fight - he obviously knows that - but like I said he was at the end of his career and he finished his career with a win over a tough and skilled prospect.

The post fight interview was funny though, hahaha.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 4 2010, 05:00 AM) *
Yep, I'm not one to knock Lewis for retiring when he did (I may have at the time, I can't remember). Would have been nice to see a rematch between the two, but I gotta respect a guy that can walk away when his heart isn't in it any more. Boxing is one of the sports where you must be 110% committed and if not, don't step into the ring, because it could end in tragedy. Lewis reached a time where he felt he couldn't put in the effort he once did.
There is a chance the close call against Vitali made it easier for him to make up his mind, but regardless, as a fighter. He made the right call if he just couldn't put in the work any more. Do I think he was fortunate against Vitali? Yeah possibly, not saying he was going to lose for sure because there was a lot of time left, but he was down on the cards and wasn't totally dominating yet either. So he was fortunate that the cut ended the fight IMO, as I feel there is unfinished business. But he was at the end of his career and made a decision to walk away because he didn't feel like he could be the champion he once was, and I gotta respect him for that.
He is still funny in a dumbass kinda way though, lol .

Yeah, spot on. My views exactly.

There is something about Lennox that makes me laugh. It's not his fake Jamacian accent - I don't know. He just seems a little odd at times.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 3 2010, 11:52 PM) *
If Lewis wasn't supposed to fight Vitali and didn't train for him, who was Vitali training for? Does that mean Vitali wasn't having a Lewis training camp. Or Vitali was a mind reader and was training for months for a fight with Lewis despite Lewis being scheduled to fight someone else?

I had already alluded the same thing about Lewis training for Kirk Johnson that night as a factor, feel kinda foolish now that sweetscientist has jumped in with his unique brand of logic! I just felt that had Lewis took the rematch, he would have had to re evaluate the task in front of him and done the business. I dont feel het bottled it, I think he probably did re evaluate the task in front of him and decided he didnt have the motivation. Which, as is the subject of this thread, was using his brain.

As for his post fight interview, dont think id ever seen that before, but to be fair putting a microphone in front of Lennox Lewis is like slapping a blind child. Its just not fair!
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 3 2010, 05:52 PM) *

Doesn't matter. L.L. was champ, not Klit. I'm searching the net now to find out who the original bout was supposed to be with.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 4 2010, 11:31 AM) *
Doesn't matter. L.L. was champ, not Klit. I'm searching the net now to find out who the original bout was supposed to be with.
Lennox was originally scheduled to fight Kirk Johnson , That's who he has prepared for in training camp. Klit was a last minute sub!http://boxingstop.blogspot.com/2009/07/look-back-at-vitali-klitschko-vs-lennox.html
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 4 2010, 05:36 AM) *

There is something about Lennox that makes me laugh. It's not his fake Jamacian accent - I don't know. He just seems a little odd at times.

i THINK THAT IS A TOTAL HORSHITTED BIASED COMMENT FROM THE ANAL WALLS OF KNOWLEDGELESS BOXING FAN WANNABES WHO HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF THE SPORT! See, it's really simple. Lennox was really really outta shape and his power shots were still too much for the Klit! Klit really didn't and still doesn't have tremendous ring savvy when he meets a guy who has power and can box. So a fat ol dilapidated Lennox caught Klits defenseless ass in the face anytime he wanted. And, Lennox did yes, take some heat. But there was never a time when Klit came anywhere close to ending the fight. Nowhere close. All Klit did was take all the punishment you see on his face after the fight. Klits face tells the true story of the fight. Not a 56 - 58 scorecard with 5+ rounds left. But anyway fact is: Klit was never feared by any heavyweight coming out of that era. Now all Klit has done is set up tomato cans and knockem over. Very unimpressed with both Klits and always have been. When are they going to fight somebody who matters? Because right now, neithe Klit does.
gravytrain
The real question is when will there be a fighter who could give them a fight that matters. It's not like they're ducking anyone, they've either beat all the top 10 fighters or the fighters don't want to fight them[Haye and Povetkin].
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 4 2010, 07:36 PM) *
The real question is when will there be a fighter who could give them a fight that matters. It's not like they're ducking anyone, they've either beat all the top 10 fighters or the fighters don't want to fight them[Haye and Povetkin].

The guys that can beat Klit are out there plenty. They'll never get a fight let alone TV.
gravytrain
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 4 2010, 07:43 PM) *
The guys that can beat Klit are out there plenty. They'll never get a fight let alone TV.

Please, please, please like James Brown tell me who will beat them.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Nov 4 2010, 05:36 AM) *

He's British no Jamaican!
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 4 2010, 07:45 PM) *
Please, please, please like James Brown tell me who will beat them.

There's two kids I know of who are amateurs in South Central L.A. They both came out of PAL 50! do the homework you'll find out who they are. And when you do, try not to say the names at all on the Internet. This is a sure fired way for some sleezy ass promoter to get hold of them. The good guys will find them eventually.
gravytrain
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 4 2010, 08:25 PM) *
There's two kids I know of who are amateurs in South Central L.A. They both came out of PAL 50! do the homework you'll find out who they are. And when you do, try not to say the names at all on the Internet. This is a sure fired way for some sleezy ass promoter to get hold of them. The good guys will find them eventually.

Come on, man. You and I both know Wlad and Vitali will be retired before they even get to challenge for a title. Bringing up some amateurs LOL.
Warlord
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 4 2010, 08:25 PM) *

Yeah, cause we all know that boxing promoters scour internet message boards when searching for the next big prospect. rolleyes_anim.gif
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 4 2010, 06:52 PM) *
i THINK THAT IS A TOTAL HORSHITTED BIASED COMMENT FROM THE ANAL WALLS OF KNOWLEDGELESS BOXING FAN WANNABES WHO HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF THE SPORT! See, it's really simple. Lennox was really really outta shape and his power shots were still too much for the Klit! Klit really didn't and still doesn't have tremendous ring savvy when he meets a guy who has power and can box. So a fat ol dilapidated Lennox caught Klits defenseless ass in the face anytime he wanted. And, Lennox did yes, take some heat. But there was never a time when Klit came anywhere close to ending the fight. Nowhere close. All Klit did was take all the punishment you see on his face after the fight. Klits face tells the true story of the fight. Not a 56 - 58 scorecard with 5+ rounds left. But anyway fact is: Klit was never feared by any heavyweight coming out of that era. Now all Klit has done is set up tomato cans and knockem over. Very unimpressed with both Klits and always have been. When are they going to fight somebody who matters? Because right now, neithe Klit does.

not sure who that little outburst was aimed at?

Lennox was at the end of his career, I said that, but there is no doubt that Kilt gave him a hard fight.

I'm not saying Vitali is as great as Lewis - Lennox is by far the greater fighter out of the two, but Vitali DID give him a hard fight. No question.

Kilt can't fight anyone who 'matters' as apart from the bro's, at heavyweight there is no one that matters!!!!!

They're that better than everyone else the fights are just too easy for them.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 5 2010, 12:33 AM) *
Yeah, cause we all know that boxing promoters scour internet message boards when searching for the next big prospect. rolleyes_anim.gif

No, they do!

They don't check out the national boxing tournaments for up-and-coming amateur prospects...they sit at home looking at message boards hoping someone will accidently 'drop a secret name', so they can google them, get their address and go visit them with the boys and force them to sign a contract.
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 4 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Come on, man. You and I both know Wlad and Vitali will be retired before they even get to challenge for a title. Bringing up some amateurs LOL.

Most likely. But they can still fight at a high level. Are they ready for Klits now ? No. But over the long hall there are a few kids that have the ability to fight at a much higher level of boxing when it comes to skill sets. Particularly when it comes to number of punches thrown. The new school heavy weight coming out of then GG's in L.A. throws punches and lots o them. You don't see that on HBO.
Run and Gun Game Calls
scientist if lewis was out of shape, that is his own fault. He was supposed to be in training to fight kirk Johnson. SO if he was out of shape it was because he was a lazy ass, not because he was suprised with a fight at the last minute. Secondly, Klitchko had to get ready for lewis at the last moment as well, so your argument doesnt hold water.

As for the cuts on vitallis face, go to youtube and rewatch the third round. The seam of the glove grazed vitallis face, and caused a huge gash over vitallis eye. It wasnt caused by massive punishment Lewis was laying down. The proof is in the video, i suggest you watch it.

Vitalli was the first pime skilled big man lewis fought in his career. I agree in my opinion Lewis was the better fighter, but at that point in his career, I believe Vitalli would have stopped lewis if the fight had continued, or a rematch had been made.

Watch round 2 if you dont think lewis was ever in danger of being stopped. Vitalli cracked Lewis with a right hand, and for the next minute and a half Lewis held on for dear life.

Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (sweetscientist1 @ Nov 4 2010, 11:25 PM) *

that quote right there proves how childish you really are. Maybe they are keeping the true heavyweight contenders locked away in area 51. Just to protect them from sleezy promoters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.