Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik out
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Run and Gun Game Calls
Former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik sustained a rib injury training and has withdrawn from his Nov. 13 fight, co-manager Cameron Dunkin said Monday.

Pavlik was training to face Brian Vera at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, in the co-featured bout on the HBO PPV card headlined by Manny Pacquiao against Antonio Margarito.

The fight was supposed to have been Pavlik's first fight since Sergio Martinez badly cut him and outpointed him to win the 160-pound world championship in April.

"I don't know exactly what happened, but I was told by [trainer] Jack Loew that he had a rib injury a few days ago and might not be able to fight, and then he confirmed it to me (Monday) morning," Dunkin said. "I'm heartbroken, I'm devastated, I'm sick to my stomach.

"This was such a great opportunity for Kelly, to be at Cowboys Stadium in front of who knows how many fans in a fun fight on a great show, a great event. I could go on and on."
gravytrain
LOL Pavlik never catches a break. I wouldn't be surprised if this cat is working as a construction worker and in the bottom of a can of Natural Light in a couple years.
Hittman25
That fuckin sucks i was hoping he would do good this fight so he can move on to better fights in the super middleweight division....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 1 2010, 02:56 PM) *
LOL Pavlik never catches a break. I wouldn't be surprised if this cat is working as a construction worker and in the bottom of a can of Natural Light in a couple years.

ROFLMAO!!!!!.... that was a good one gravy... lol...
PR316
He's finished. I think the hunger is gone and he just no longer wishes to fight.

He'll probably have 1 or 2 fights against nobodies and then announce his retirement from the sport.
mexi-cutioner
Pavlik vs Sergio Mora--Pavlik out with injury
Pavlik vs Williams--pavlik out with staph infection (rescheduled to December)
Pavlik vs Williams--STAPH INFECTION ONCE AGAIN

THEN SUDDENLY PAVLIK MAKES A MIRACULOUS COMEBACK WITH NO EVIDENT SCARRING OR TROUBLE WITH A SO-CALLED STAPH INFECTION AND FIGHTS A MEXICAN WAITER NAMED MIGUEL ESPINA

Pavlik vs Vera--RIB INJURY PROBABLY CAUSED BY SOME SORT OF STAPH IN THE AREA

I hate Kelly Pavlik so much.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Nov 1 2010, 06:26 PM) *
Pavlik vs Sergio Mora--Pavlik out with injury
Pavlik vs Williams--pavlik out with staph infection (rescheduled to December)
Pavlik vs Williams--STAPH INFECTION ONCE AGAIN

THEN SUDDENLY PAVLIK MAKES A MIRACULOUS COMEBACK WITH NO EVIDENT SCARRING OR TROUBLE WITH A SO-CALLED STAPH INFECTION AND FIGHTS A MEXICAN WAITER NAMED MIGUEL ESPINA

Pavlik vs Vera--RIB INJURY PROBABLY CAUSED BY SOME SORT OF STAPH IN THE AREA

I hate Kelly Pavlik so much.

I don't know, but I used to think that Pavlik only has health issues when he is scheduled to fight someone who could beat him, and beat him badly. Problem is that theory unravels, because Vera's just there by Arum to make Pavlik look good, and he still pulls out. The easy roads might be getting harder for him to cross due to health issues. If that is the case, he should just retire.

Jack
kidbazooka1
I rather see see Rios on the card than Pavlik.
King Eugene
Damn Pavlik. He'll sign to fight Bute in December for a fight early next year.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Nov 1 2010, 02:56 PM) *

hahahahhahaha...Dude this post had me crackin up..Natty Light is some crazy shit only my dad would drink..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 3 2010, 01:26 AM) *
Damn Pavlik. He'll sign to fight Bute in December for a fight early next year.

Bute has serious power in his left uppercut..Southpaws who work on this punch become monsters..One of the most deadly shots a southpaw can master..Who is expecting it and who is expecting it to be a KO shot??If more southpaws work on this punch and their right hook,they are going to be hard guys to beat..Ortho's just don't know how to defend against these punches from southpaws..
PR316
Especially someone like Pavlik who is so basic.

I remember Judah before his fight with Mayweather talked about having a "trick" for Floyd and people that time were saying his "trick" was the left uppercut. If that was it, it was completely neutralized.

But Judah did surprise and hurt Cotto in the first round of their fight with that very punch.

Bute has an excellent one. I believe he knocked Miranda out with it.
The CEO
Kelly Pavlik has been nothing but a burden to my Fantasy League Squad this year...I will never forgive him for this...

From now on, I will only root for him when he fights Euros or Canadians... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.