Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7 Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
Is anyone else getting rubbed off the wrong way by Margarito? For instance him making fun of Freddie's condition?
Laughing about the cinder block being wrapped almost mocking and not realizing how serious that scandal was thumbsdown_anim.gif
Are they trying to set up a good guy vs bad guy thing?

Side not Brandon Rios is coming off as trash too or like a "cholo" who is trying too hard as well IMO, last but not least how played out are the latino or hispanic cook outs in these things lol seriously thought I was watching Cotto vs pac 24/7

Not hating on the overall production, I think this 24/7 has done a good job of covering pac's hectic schedule and not avoiding the hand wrap scandal but just was not feeling the portrayal of margs and rios
gravytrain
I don't think the cook outs are played out, they're legit. I used to go to those things all the time.

I haven't liked Marg since he got caught with the wraps so I've disliked him for a little while now. Did anyone notice that Marg was watching his trainer wrap his hands on 24/7? That shit was pretty much the prototypical way to get your hands wrapped too.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 11 2010, 08:38 AM) *
Is anyone else getting rubbed off the wrong way by Margarito? For instance him making fun of Freddie's condition?

Not that nayone on here has made fun of Mr Jitters. You know Freddy makes Pac's power shakes himself. Gets a mixer full & stands still for 5 minutes. Pac reckons no machine can replicate Freddy's mixing technique. I know I have gone onto shaky ground with this but it is how it is.
Fitz
LOL
Method
If Freddy's gonna go in on Margarito, and his lack of ability/skill, I have no problem with Margarito making fun of Roach - who developed his own condition because he lacked what? ABILITY/SKILL.

Roach went in on Margarito unsolicited. All fair in love and war. That's why they fight the fights.
HaydelHammer
I got no problem with margarito cutting into that shivering bastard. I bet he (roach) makes a MEAN protein shake.

Bring some extra cement saturday marg.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Nov 10 2010, 04:33 PM) *
I got no problem with margarito cutting into that shivering bastard. I bet he (roach) makes a MEAN protein shake.

Bring some extra cement saturday marg.

LOL WTF?!?!?!??! wtf.gif laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 10 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Laughing about the cinder block being wrapped almost mocking and not realizing how serious that scandal was thumbsdown_anim.gif

I thought that was kinda weird too. I just kept thinking, "Should he really be laughing about that?"
AussieLad
Theres no penalty in life for being a complete cunt unfortunately. If there was, the entire mayweather clan would be giving donkey's blowjobs for small change in mexico
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 11 2010, 03:42 AM) *
I thought that was kinda weird too. I just kept thinking, "Should he really be laughing about that?"

I'm with you on that Snoop. If those wraps had not been discovered he could have potentially killed Mosley that night. Everyone talks about how it played on Marg's mind but I bet it also added some determination in Mosley's.

I can only imagine if Pac and Ariza had ben caught fooling around with needles and suppliments on the show, Manny looking the other way as Alex pretends to inject. Can you even beging to guess the uproar?
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Nov 11 2010, 05:44 AM) *
I'm with you on that Snoop. If those wraps had not been discovered he could have potentially killed Mosley that night. Everyone talks about how it played on Marg's mind but I bet it also added some determination in Mosley's.

I can only imagine if Pac and Ariza had ben caught fooling around with needles and suppliments on the show, Manny looking the other way as Alex pretends to inject. Can you even beging to guess the uproar?

They way you describes it actually sounds pretty funny. In a way it would be mocking the Mayweathers. Eh...thats just me though.
Fitz
Method
Ahhhahahahahahahahahahaha. Jesus christ.

Email that to Floyd Joy.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Actually I thought it was classless, and pretty low lifed to make fun of a serious medical condition like that. Imagine the national uproar if the same things were said about ali.

Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Nov 11 2010, 12:41 PM) *
They way you describes it actually sounds pretty funny. In a way it would be mocking the Mayweathers. Eh...thats just me though.

It's probably because Pacquiao has never been caught for steroids, so it's kind of making fun of the whole situation.

Margarito has been caught for handwraps. Being 100% guilty about something that could kill someone is not really something you could joke about. That was the difference for me.
Snoop
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 11 2010, 05:26 PM) *
Actually I thought it was classless, and pretty low lifed to make fun of a serious medical condition like that. Imagine the national uproar if the same things were said about ali.

Wow. What a fucking d-bag. Why doesn't he start mocking people with Alzheimer's and Dementia while he's at it?
Method
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 11 2010, 11:26 AM) *

Worse yet, imagine if Ali threw Joe Frazier under the bus. Imagine if YOU looked like a gorilla, and someone called you on it in front of the world...especially after the same guy just a few weeks earlier came begging you for money.

Go suck a dick with this hands across america shit. Freddy should shut the fuck up and train. If he calls out Marg for sucking and Marg comes back and makes fun of Roach, who has a condition FROM sucking at boxing, Freddy should have known better.

If it was unsolicited, that's a different story.

By the way, Frazier NEVER went in on Ali. Ali started all that gorilla and uncle tom shit.

Fuck you. "Oh, its so classless". Freddy Roach is a big boy. Floyd Joy is the reason Freddy Roach has gator skin.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 12 2010, 06:41 AM) *
Worse yet, imagine if Ali threw Joe Frazier under the bus. Imagine if YOU looked like a gorilla, and someone called you on it in front of the world...especially after the same guy just a few weeks earlier came begging you for money.

Go suck a dick with this hands across america shit. Freddy should shut the fuck up and train. If he calls out Marg for sucking and Marg comes back and makes fun of Roach, who has a condition FROM sucking at boxing, Freddy should have known better.

By the way, Frazier NEVER went in on Ali. Ali started all that gorilla and uncle tom shit.

Fuck you. "Oh, its so classless". Freddy Roach is a big boy. Floyd Joy is the reason Freddy Roach has gator skin.

I was replying to this but Method said exactly what i was thinking. Those rose tinted specs just get rosier with age regarding Ali.

gbh32001
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Nov 11 2010, 06:44 PM) *

Wait for the Episode 3, maybe Pac and Ariza will do it.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 11 2010, 05:41 PM) *

My old friend method, leave it to an old friend to tell you when you are wrong, this time you are wrong pal.

All Roach did was call marg's integrity into question, talking about the handwraps

you use ali calling frasier a gorilla as the equivillant example which its not. That would be like Floyd calling pac a midget, or even funnier the midget off of the old tv series fantasy island. Or saying freddy roach looked like a drunken leprechan.

Marg made fun of a serious medical condition, in my opinion thats over the line. My Mother in law died of alzheimers, if i give a proven cheater hell for getting caught cheating, that does not open the door to her disease, or hell even if I had it, mine.

Just my opinion
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 12 2010, 10:44 AM) *
Or saying freddy roach looked like a drunken leprechan.

That would be slanderous as we all know the drunken leprechan is Hatton.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Nov 12 2010, 01:24 AM) *
That would be slanderous as we all know the drunken leprechan is Hatton.

Yes, and we've all known Ricky's been through enough. Having his alter-ego taken away might just destroy him.
Fitz
Method
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 11 2010, 09:08 PM) *

Method

Fitz
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 12 2010, 01:08 PM) *

mexi-cutioner
u guys r dicks
Fitz
Shake it off.
lloyd mayflower
Think someone has a soft spot for shake rattle 'n' Roach
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Nov 11 2010, 07:28 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

smh
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 11 2010, 11:26 AM) *
It's probably because Pacquiao has never been caught for steroids, so it's kind of making fun of the whole situation.

Margarito has been caught for handwraps. Being 100% guilty about something that could kill someone is not really something you could joke about. That was the difference for me.

I understand your point but it was more of a slap in the face to the California and Nevada commissions to me and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. Do I think its right? No! Do I think its funny? Hell Yea

Just like Jamie Foxx on Bait when he was in the prison yard. He did the Ali impersonation....it wasn't right but it was funny as hell.

For the record I'm picking Pac but rooting for Margarito.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Honestly, I'm sure Margarito's comments did get slightly taken out of context. Sure, he said something insensitive, but a lot of shit comes out when you don't like the other dude. Freddie and Pacquiao have taken jabs at Margartio for much of the promotion. Whether it be Roach questioning his integrity and basically saying he sucks to Pacquiao mocking him in 24/7. The same Freddie Roach that was in fear of Antonio Margarito in 2008. It ain't right, but I'm sure they'll all rejoice after the fight.
Snoop
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 12 2010, 06:39 AM) *
Honestly, I'm sure Margarito's comments did get slightly taken out of context. Sure, he said something insensitive, but a lot of shit comes out when you don't like the other dude. Freddie and Pacquiao have taken jabs at Margartio for much of the promotion. Whether it be Roach questioning his integrity and basically saying he sucks to Pacquiao mocking him in 24/7. The same Freddie Roach that was in fear of Antonio Margarito in 2008. It ain't right, but I'm sure they'll all rejoice after the fight.

You know after thinking about it, it comes down to this for me. Consciously or unconsciously, Margarito made a comment/joke that's going to offend a certain population of people. That's just the way it is. My whole thing is rooted in two things:

1) The joke wasn't funny and it really had no point (when comedians make fun of anyone based on race, religion, handicaps, whatever, there's usually a point, which is what makes it simultaneously funny and provocative)

2) In my eyes Roach isn't really worth the time and energy being spent on the controversy.

I never really had a strong liking or disliking to the guy, had a considerable amount of a respect the fact that he was still doing this thing in the midst of a disease that was slowly eating away at his motor skills, but after all the double talk, the subtle growing infatuation with the spotlight, the undeserved admiration of "World Greatest Trainer" just because he's riding on the coattails of Pacquiao (and we all know how I feel about his "legacy"), I'm just sick of the dude. Defending or agreeing with Margarito's action just gives that attention loving whore Roach exactly what he wants (which yes I know I'm actively contributing to).

So I guess my conclusion is this: Fuck both those guys.
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 12 2010, 04:47 AM) *
You know after thinking about it, it comes down to this for me. Consciously or unconsciously, Margarito made a comment/joke that's going to offend a certain population of people. That's just the way it is. My whole thing is rooted in two things:

1) The joke wasn't funny and it really had no point (when comedians make fun of anyone based on race, religion, handicaps, whatever, there's usually a point, which is what makes it simultaneously funny and provocative)

2) In my eyes Roach isn't really worth the time and energy being spent on the controversy.

I never really had a strong liking or disliking to the guy, had a considerable amount of a respect the fact that he was still doing this thing in the midst of a disease that was slowly eating away at his motor skills, but after all the double talk, the subtle growing infatuation with the spotlight, the undeserved admiration of "World Greatest Trainer" just because he's riding on the coattails of Pacquiao (and we all know how I feel about his "legacy"), I'm just sick of the dude. Defending or agreeing with Margarito's action just gives that attention loving whore Roach exactly what he wants (which yes I know I'm actively contributing to).

So I guess my conclusion is this: Fuck both those guys calves.

BigG wood agree wit U, Znoop.

Westside...
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 12 2010, 09:26 AM) *
BigG wood agree wit U, Znoop.

Westside...

LMAO. BrixtonBomber layin' it thick on BigG. laugh.gif
JLUVBABY

ROFLMMAO!!!! Young fitz.... you re sumthin else man... lol....
Fitz
I must admit, I do feel a small bit of guilt. I normally don't make fun of things like that. But Roach is in the spot light, and a smart ass. He goes beyond what a normal trainer should do, and that is just get their fighter ready.
Method
All Roach did was call marg's integrity into question, talking about the handwraps
No he didnt just "call marg's integrity into question", "pal". He called his skill/ability into question as well. NUMEROUS times.

Well, all one has to do is remind Freddie that the REASON he shakes, rattles and rolls is because HE SUCKED AS A BOXER. So YES, it IS directly pertinent, and NO, Your mother (or grandmother) or whoever the fuck you brought up who died of Alzheimer's has absolutely NOTHING to do with ANYTHING.
jlupi
again method I disagree. Freddie talking a little trash and talking about another fighters lack of skill is not the same as making fun of a serious ailment caused by getting hit in the head. Not to mention laughing and joking about loaded gloves. lowlifes in my opinion
Run and Gun Game Calls
Now method do you think marg was saying before hand, well freddy has parkinsons because he sucked at boxing, so I can make fun of it, or do you think he was being a dick and found a weakness to exploit, regardless of how freddy got it? I believe the latter
Method
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Nov 12 2010, 11:58 AM) *
Now method do you think marg was saying before hand, well freddy has parkinsons because he sucked at boxing, so I can make fun of it, or do you think he was being a dick and found a weakness to exploit, regardless of how freddy got it? I believe the latter

I don't disagree it was the latter, but, as I have maintained from WORD ONE, FREDDIE PROVOKED IT ALL. Margarito did NOT go in on Freddie. Freddie went in on Margarito, and TRUE to FORM, Freddie went in on him leading with his head, and Marg tee'd off on it.

In shit talking, you ALWAYS go for the jugular, dude. Shit talking 101. Get in a motherfucker's head.

Kaiser Souze - "Show men of will just exactly what will is".

I love that so many people are offended. Its a fucking joke.
Hoodlum
QUOTE (Method @ Nov 12 2010, 12:06 PM) *
I don't disagree it was the latter, but, as I have maintained from WORD ONE, FREDDIE PROVOKED IT ALL. Margarito did NOT go in on Freddie. Freddie went in on Margarito, and TRUE to FORM, Freddie went in on him leading with his head, and Marg tee'd off on it.

In shit talking, you ALWAYS go for the jugular, dude. Shit talking 101. Get in a motherfucker's head.

Kaiser Souze - "Show men of will just exactly what will is".

I love that so many people are offended. Its a fucking joke.

You "love that so many people are offended". No, its not a joke, I disagree. Its extremely offensive and disturbing that you would consider insults pointed at a disease people "die" from as a "fucking joke" as you put it. Nice dude....niiiiiice!
Method
You dont die FROM Parkinson's, jerkoff. You die WITH Parkinson's.
King Eugene
Man we have some sensitive mother fuckers 'round here.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Nov 13 2010, 06:16 AM) *
We all just die.

Why not laugh in the face of it?

Truest shit I've heard this whole time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.